Is this a bit shitty?

GBK16

Don't want to start a huge debate where people start accusing people of being things so I will leave out names here, and would appreciate if the people who go to find that person do not bring their name into this, simply because that will only escalate things

Basically, a person in Troid just recently won the division title. When I booked a rematch with the champion (I always give Title Rematches to champs who lose their title), that person then declines the fight and said they were leaving the game.

I am just wondering if I am being harsh here in feeling like the guy has screwed me a bit? He wins the title, and then decides to leave the game, and not accepting a fight. Now, I will have to strip him in order to gain the title back, and take a 10% hit, which will undo a lot of hard work I have done recently to move Troid from 7th to 4th in London, and from 56th to 27th in the World.

I feel if he is leaving the game, he could at least accept the fight to defend the title, since he had no problem accepting the title challenge. If he is leaving, then his rank and fighters record will not matter anymore, so it could take a loss (or win) quite easily.

Just looking for general opinions on this, and asking if I am wrong to ask him to accept the fight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Perfect example of why we need to allow champs to voluntarily give up the belt with no hype hit.

As for this situation, this is kind of difficult to decide. If this guy is leaving the game, it would be nice of him to accept the fight, or release the champ so someone can pick him up as a free agent. However, if he feels like he might come back to the game, I can understand why he would want to keep the fighter on his roster and I can understand why he wouldn't want to accept a fight that he won't be around to plan for.

If he knew he was leaving the game back when he accepted the original title fight, then I think he is in the wrong. He shouldn't have accepted a title fight if he knew he was leaving. The proper thing to do would be to either release the champ and let someone else pick him up, or to accept a fight and set the sliders to intentionally lose.

If he didn't know that he was leaving when he accepted the first fight AND he feels like he might come back in a month or two, then he needs to look out for himself and you are in a little bit of bad luck.

Don't worry about the org hype hit. After two or three events, you will have regained the lost hype.

• Upvote 4

Yup, it is shitty. Problem is, what happens if he sets his boy to 100% SHIG and then wins? You're in the same boat but he is gone :P

Need a 'leave game' option which releases all fighters and by default releases the belt.

Yup, it is shitty. Problem is, what happens if he sets his boy to 100% SHIG and then wins? You're in the same boat but he is gone :P

Need a 'leave game' option which releases all fighters and by default releases the belt.

At least give fighters the option to voluntarily give up the belt with no hype hit

Also, perhaps have fighters give up the belt with no hype hit if the manager has not logged in for 30 days.

By complaining now you're basically saying that he should accept the title fight and then log back on to this game that he no longer wants to play in case his e-fighter won a fight he didn't give a shit about in the first place. And then he should accept the next defense? And what if he wins again? Will you expect him to keep playing indefinitely to keep you happy?

You're acting like a trite little girl. If dude's done playing then that's his experience and his call to make. It may be an inconvenience for you to take a hype hit but man up, quit bitching, and move on.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

By complaining now you're basically saying that he should accept the title fight and then log back on to this game that he no longer wants to play in case his e-fighter won a fight he didn't give a shit about in the first place. And then he should accept the next defense? And what if he wins again? Will you expect him to keep playing indefinitely to keep you happy?

You're acting like a trite little girl. If dude's done playing then that's his experience and his call to make. It may be an inconvenience for you to take a hype hit but man up, quit bitching, and move on.

if the guy was leaving the game he should not have took the title fight to begin with. If you are returning messages and are some what active and you decided to leave and tell people that you are leaving then its something that you have been thinking about. It happens and its time to move on like you said, but its a real shitty thing to have happen to you. At least this topic did lead to a reoccurring improvement idea that I personally love and I will quote it below.

Perfect example of why we need to allow champs to voluntarily give up the belt with no hype hit.

The idea of the hype hit is that orgs build hype around their champ.

If a champ wants to give up his belt just to go to another org, of course the original org will lose hype as they've now lost their champ. The knock-on effect of this is that orgs need to work hard to keep their champs happy, such as bigger pay, etc, because these are the guys generating the big revenues for the org.

I understand this is a game/simulation, but I think the above makes sense and should stay as it is as the org has a certain amount of control/power in this relationship and they have room to negotiate. Where the org doesn't, is where a manager is inactive/leaves the game. In this situation then a stripping of the champ should be allowed without a hype hit, because it is a simulation/game.

Something like an inactivity clause for champs such as NexusX mentioned, or a 'leave game' option like I mentioned which automatically does all of this stuff would both work.

• Upvote 2

This is pretty shitty, a 10% hit is quite big when you've put in a lot of work and yeah he will get it back in the next few events but its still an unnecessary set back.

It would be cool if there was something that allowed you to strip title holders without taking a cut if for example they hadn't had a fight, nor had a fight planned in 30 days.

i do think you should be able to strip a champ with no hype hit if the champ agrees to it or if an inactivity limit is hit (by declining or not accepting fight offers sent) -- this is something touchy cause some are like "damn its only 10% hit" but on same hand if it was their fighter getting a 10% hype / pop hit i bet they would be crying on it -- which is something that should be looked at also maybe inserting is causing a fighter to lose hype / pop cause then maybe a little more respect would be happening -- i doubt it would ever happen has probably would be something hard to get agreement on but its somewhat true in real life -- a smaller org's champ go to new org he isnt no longer the big shot he has to work up the ladder so hype / pop is not as big as it was in smaller org or local shows -- just like buddy of mine that fights for legacy fighting, he is known and hyped there and around texas but go to world series of fighting or bellator he is no one and has to earn it all again

This stuff happens in the game has happen in my org 3 times. The hype hit is not as bad as you think and you will come back from it pal. Just strip him and crack on. Now you can do an In org fight series to decide the new champion :-).

Also do a clever spin story like he was caught in bed with the owners wife or failed a drugs test .

• Upvote 3

I think it is not a big deal to take the hit, but that is not completely the point. Orgs shouldn't suffer for something that is the fighter's fault. An inactivity clause for stripping is more than fair. As for K-Rad's point about keeping champs happy, I can see both sides.

The biggest issue I have with that is that it often backfires and results in fighters feeling trapped because they don't want to be a dick. You don't want to screw over an org, so you stay in an org that you want out of just to not screw over the owner.

There's nothing you can do about it now but strip him so just do what Frank says and just try and make the most out of it. I'm sure the fighters in your org would enjoy a mini tournament to decide the new champ.

Did I say that at all? I know you don't like me, but jumping to conclusions is just stupid. I am simply asking him to see out at least 1 title defence. In the event he lost the belt, then the matter would be sorted. If he won the fight, then I would at least get a number of weeks to work out a solution, or he might return to the game before then. I am not bitching, if I was then I would have named him. I understand he is leaving the game, but to decide to do that mere days after winning my orgs title leaves me in the lurch.

Overall, since he is leaving and has not logged in for a few days, it pretty much gives me no option but to strip him. I like the idea of there being an option for the manager to relinquish a title. GSP did it in real life, so there is something to go on in terms of relating it to the game.

The idea of an inactivity clause for the title is a good one as well.

• Downvote 2

Did I say that at all? I know you don't like me, but jumping to conclusions is just stupid. I am simply asking him to see out at least 1 title defence. In the event he lost the belt, then the matter would be sorted. If he won the fight, then I would at least get a number of weeks to work out a solution, or he might return to the game before then. I am not bitching, if I was then I would have named him. I understand he is leaving the game, but to decide to do that mere days after winning my orgs title leaves me in the lurch.

Overall, since he is leaving and has not logged in for a few days, it pretty much gives me no option but to strip him. I like the idea of there being an option for the manager to relinquish a title. GSP did it in real life, so there is something to go on in terms of relating it to the game.

The idea of an inactivity clause for the title is a good one as well.

If he is leaving the game then chances are he will release/retire his fighters. If he accepts the fight in an org such as troid it means having to wait 3/4 weeks for a fight to happen before you can release him (unless you directly message Mike to get all your fighters released or the account deleted). He might want to keep his account around to talk to friends he has made in the game/alliance so he doesn't get it deleted.

I said it before and i'll say it again, the guy paid his 30 bucks a year to play the game, if he wants to leave the game you have no right what so ever to say "aww come on just one more fight so you can lose the belt" or go to the forums and say is this shitty. You may say that you didn't name him but its pretty easy to check your org and look for the missing title belt to find out who it is. At least he gave you a heads up that he is leaving, he could just not have logged in again leaving you in a limbo for a month or two to see if he comes back.

• Upvote 5

Wouldn't it just be easier to allow the champ to vacate the title? It means messy divorces don't need to come to the forums.

this as long as both partys are in agreement

as ive got a feeling it could get abused so may b have a check box for champ wants to vacate title like u have for needing fight

prob better ideas but i thought d put mine out there

If he is leaving the game then chances are he will release/retire his fighters. If he accepts the fight in an org such as troid it means having to wait 3/4 weeks for a fight to happen before you can release him (unless you directly message Mike to get all your fighters released or the account deleted). He might want to keep his account around to talk to friends he has made in the game/alliance so he doesn't get it deleted.

I said it before and i'll say it again, the guy paid his 30 bucks a year to play the game, if he wants to leave the game you have no right what so ever to say "aww come on just one more fight so you can lose the belt" or go to the forums and say is this shitty. You may say that you didn't name him but its pretty easy to check your org and look for the missing title belt to find out who it is. At least he gave you a heads up that he is leaving, he could just not have logged in again leaving you in a limbo for a month or two to see if he comes back.

He only gave a heads up he was leaving after rejecting a fight after winning the title. Now, if he told me before his title fight, then we could have sorted something out, but as it stands, he left the game without me being able to contact him to try to organise a solution. He may pay 30 bucks a year, but so do I. Really, I understand real life holding prevalence over a game, but if he was leaving the game, would he care for a fight happening in 4 weeks or so involving one of his fighters? It would allow me time to organise a solution for the title, while also not leaving the title's future up in the air after only just winning it. As it stood, I lost one of the higher fighters in the division, which I can deal with since the fighter is the manager's, not mine, but it caused a problem for the title, which is my business.

Anyway, I have stripped him, but I am keeping him under contract, so if he does log back on and plays again, he will have the option of fighting in the division for the title again.

And Mike, I like that idea. Prevents people from stripping unfairly, while also giving some leeway for the manager of a fighter to take time off.

• Downvote 2