JLP

All you need to know about the modern football player, taking PEDs is BAD! BAD! How bad? Doubly that of knocking your woman the fuck out:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11328067/miami-dolphins-safety-reshad-jones-suspended-four-games

But should you knock your woman the fuck out, you get cheered:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11324529/ray-rice-baltimore-ravens-plays-series-gets-cheers-pregame-introductions

So boys and girls, remember to beat your bitch... that is acceptable in this society.

that's not all of it, you can get away with murder and still win The Super Bowl, ask Ray Lewis...On another note, my ideal Super Bowl is on right now in Preseason and it's been horrible. when I started typing this is was tied at 10 in the fourth quarter and before I got half way through it The Jags scored.

All you need to know about the modern football player, taking PEDs is BAD! BAD! How bad? Doubly that of knocking your woman the fuck out:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11328067/miami-dolphins-safety-reshad-jones-suspended-four-games

But should you knock your woman the fuck out, you get cheered:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11324529/ray-rice-baltimore-ravens-plays-series-gets-cheers-pregame-introductions

So boys and girls, remember to beat your bitch... that is acceptable in this society.

Ray Rice is a cbomb who plays for a cbomb franchise and cbomb fans. The NFL should have given him a 8-10 game suspension at least. I'm not going to get upset over it though, his fiancee (now his wife) chose an occasional beating and a chunky paycheck over not getting her ass beat.

Hell, the two fighters in the highest profile mma fight booked right now are threatening to kill each other on tape. The sad thing about pro sports is we rarely filter out bad people from good athletes.

He'd only get that if he hit somebody too hard on the field or failed a drug test.

Someone please explain to me the appeal of a sport where it seems like more time is spent with the clock stopped than running. Is it some kind of anticipation build up thing?

I'm not trying to be a prick about this, I'm just genuinely confused how NFL became the most popular ball sport in the US.

Someone please explain to me the appeal of a sport where it seems like more time is spent with the clock stopped than running. Is it some kind of anticipation build up thing?

I'm not trying to be a prick about this, I'm just genuinely confused how NFL became the most popular ball sport in the US.

As an English fan it's that you know something big could happen on every play. There's also so much detail and thought put into every play whether that just be a short run through the middle to set up something bigger or a pass where 3/4 receivers need to run perfect routes to confuse/take defenders out of position. Honestly though I've only been a fan for a few years and have absolutely no idea about the tactical side.

If you really don't like the clock stopping all the time then stick to watching high tempo teams. I didn't see many games last season but saw a couple of Eagles games early on and that was amazing to watch for me having never seen it played like that, haha.

Wow... so happy to see other Bears fans on here. I think we have a legitimate chance at the Super Bowl this season as long as we can avoid serious injuries. Although... I say that every year ;)

Go Pack Go!!

So how much will bears fans dread seeing Peppers on the other side of Matthews? Can't double them both! :winner:

Hate to break it to you, but Peppers is done. So we won't be dreading him much at all. He didn't get doubled at all last year and had quite a few games with no stats at all. I expect him to have a better year this year than last because the Packers will give him more plays off than he got in Chicago last year because of all the DL injuries. I also expect it's his last year in the NFL, athletically he is a shadow of his former self.

Wow... so happy to see other Bears fans on here. I think we have a legitimate chance at the Super Bowl this season as long as we can avoid serious injuries. Although... I say that every year ;)

If the defense can improve from injury ravaged and horrible to average, then they got a shot at a home game in the playoffs. They are still relying on so many old players though, so I kind of expect them to have a lot of key veterans banged up all year.

Go Pack Go!!

So how much will bears fans dread seeing Peppers on the other side of Matthews? Can't double them both! :winner:

The team that got ran on at an all time level last year didn't sack the qb a lot... go figure. I love that they have moved him to outside linebacker and I think he's brings a really unique skill set to that position. Combine that with the fact that Da Bearse are paying 75% of his contract and it's pretty can't miss.

Hopefully we can get the D back from the first half of the year. We were tough as hell to run on and that just disappeared half way through the season. Our schedule is pretty soft this year and we lucked out with a lot of our tougher games being at home. And as always, Da Bears still suck:

Jay's $120 million dollar contract is worth $120 million dollars per win over Rodgers!

Being able to control the clock is a major part of the game. Teams need to be able to either keep it running or be able to stop it at the end of games. The result of the play determines if the clock keeps running or not so at certain times in the game this becomes extremely important. They pauses between plays are needed as well to set up the offense and defense. The Quarterback needs to see how the defense lines up and will move players around to try and get the defense to tip their hand as to what they are going to do. Players usually need to be switched off the field in between plays as well.

On the flip side, some teams will run a no huddle where the play is called at the line of scrimmage and they don't let the defense make adjustments.Teams will run up to the line with plays already called and try to push the ball up the field. This is, however, extremely difficult and is usually only used by the top tier offenses or when teams need to score quickly.

Ray Rice is a cbomb who plays for a cbomb franchise and cbomb fans. The NFL should have given him a 8-10 game suspension at least.

Oh I agree... NFL should have done an 8 gamer just to show how bad the NFLPA truly is... because they would have defended that. This was so minor they told him to take it and run.

I wonder if I go upto a Ravens fan, bitch slap his wife, knock her out.. would I be cheered also?

As an English fan it's that you know something big could happen on every play. There's also so much detail and thought put into every play whether that just be a short run through the middle to set up something bigger or a pass where 3/4 receivers need to run perfect routes to confuse/take defenders out of position. Honestly though I've only been a fan for a few years and have absolutely no idea about the tactical side.

If you really don't like the clock stopping all the time then stick to watching high tempo teams. I didn't see many games last season but saw a couple of Eagles games early on and that was amazing to watch for me having never seen it played like that, haha.

^this right here and clock management are pretty much it. They are two key factors in every game. There is a lot of thought and detail in every play. Like stated ^ even inside runs are done with 1-4 plays later in mind.

as for NFL I pretty much spend every Sunday in front on the tv all day during the season no matter who is playing. I am a Giants fan and also am a Bills supporter. So in other words my year will probably not be too good since the injury bug hit the Giants badly and EJ Manuel isn't going to cut it unfortunately. I am honestly faily sure at this point the Bills would be better off starting Jeff Tuel yes Jeff Tuel. Maybe EJ will surprise me though but I highly doubt it.

A-Rod owns the bears better luck next decade

A-Rod is Alex Rodriguez. He played baseball for the Yankees before he got suspended for roids.

Why can't the cheeseheads come up with their own nickname for their favorite player rather than steal a bad one that is already used.

Q: What's the difference between Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler?

A:Only one of them wins big games at Soldier field

if you want to make a Jay Cutler thread and talk about him all the time, thats fine. But we are trying to talk about the NFL in general here. I didnt entitle this thread "hillbillies obsessed with Cutler" for a reason.

Also, the Bears are not paying 3/4 of Peppers salary this year. The NFL doesnt have guaranteed salaries and the Bears cut him because they felt he wasnt worth the money they were going to pay him. A portion of his signing bonus does count against the cap as dead space, but Peppers isnt getting that money. I know you arent that bright so I thought I'd be a nice guy and explain it to you.

On the flip side I had a friend that posted on Facebook during a World Cup match "The clock ran out, why are they still playing?"