Worst fight offer you've taken..

BlinkyNE

A Blue Belt, basically well rounded fighter I have with 0 fights got matched up a Brown belt. I had no takedown defense though. I ended up taking him down and dominating him since his manager set his tactics to "do nothing" or something since the guy tried maybe 2 sub atemps and that was it. Won decision.

All the fights that my guy Fedor Drago has is a bad match up for me as he is just a real dud who I made before I really looked into what skills work together etc and once he finishes up his next 2 fights (last 2 on his contract) he will be released (would release him now but don't want to put his Org in the position of offering him fights with no manager to accept them)

All the fights that my guy Fedor Drago has is a bad match up for me as he is just a real dud who I made before I really looked into what skills work together etc and once he finishes up his next 2 fights (last 2 on his contract) he will be released (would release him now but don't want to put his Org in the position of offering him fights with no manager to accept them)

Why don't you just man up and train him into a fighter?

I have a fighter - my first created - who sucks, is 0-2 and a slow learner. I'm still going to try to improve him to the best of my ability - that IS the game.

I have a fighter - my first created - who sucks, is 0-2 and a slow learner. I'm still going to try to improve him to the best of my ability - that IS the game.

I agree on not giving up on losers, but slow learners have to be fired the minute you get them.

A Blue Belt, basically well rounded fighter I have with 0 fights got matched up a Brown belt. I had no takedown defense though. I ended up taking him down and dominating him since his manager set his tactics to "do nothing" or something since the guy tried maybe 2 sub atemps and that was it. Won decision.

Worst fight offer taken? You won... with what seems like a somewhat dumb gameplan.

I have a guy like that too ( had I guess maybe) went 0-2 to start off and has since gone 4-0 in his last 4 fights, with some good training strategy and better slider placement.

Stick with people, I wont usually cut them unless they are 0-3 0-4.

I have a guy like that too ( had I guess maybe) went 0-2 to start off and has since gone 4-0 in his last 4 fights, with some good training strategy and better slider placement.

Stick with people, I wont usually cut them unless they are 0-3 0-4.

*Thumbs up*

As per usual i am going to bring up the case of Jin Sen. Guy went 0-4 and now has won 6 on the bounce up to 18 w 78 P4P so it is best not to dump them if they lose a couple of fights, it might be the tactics/tough opponents.

*Thumbs up*

As per usual i am going to bring up the case of Jin Sen. Guy went 0-4 and now has won 6 on the bounce up to 18 w 78 P4P so it is best not to dump them if they lose a couple of fights, it might be the tactics/tough opponents.

+1 to both of you!

I really wish releasing fighters wasn't an option in this game. The whole game is improving your fighters - if you are just going to play with those that "appear" best after a fight or two, what's the point?

+1 to both of you!

I really wish releasing fighters wasn't an option in this game. The whole game is improving your fighters - if you are just going to play with those that "appear" best after a fight or two, what's the point?

I personally think the ability to release a fighter once every 15 days (30 days non VIP) is a GREAT feature.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=26040 Arthur Dayne vs/ David Brown

Took this fight when Brown was Competent Boxing. What could I do? Turn down a title shot? :P Not only is Arthur a monster on Paper, he's managed by Jaime Lannister.. so yea.. I lost.

But it's hands down the BEST fight any of my fighters have been involved in, and prolly one of the best fights I've seen period. Even though it ended in a loss it let me know my dude is ROCK just for being able to go nearly 5 rounds with Dayne.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=26040 Arthur Dayne vs/ David Brown

Took this fight when Brown was Competent Boxing. What could I do? Turn down a title shot? :P Not only is Arthur a monster on Paper, he's managed by Jaime Lannister.. so yea.. I lost.

But it's hands down the BEST fight any of my fighters have been involved in, and prolly one of the best fights I've seen period. Even though it ended in a loss it let me know my dude is ROCK just for being able to go nearly 5 rounds with Dayne.

Wow, amazing fight. Great counterstriking from Brown, best i've seen do far. This "swing for fences" feature really saved the day for ser Arthur Dayne.

Worst fight offer taken? You won... with what seems like a somewhat dumb gameplan.

This is still a terrible offer even if I won. It wasn't my gameplan that was bad it was my luck on takedowns. I never set my slider all the way to anything so that 5% chance of going for a takedown happened and I took him down.

Worst one I remember is Rodey (my fighter) vs Hayz for the LW Synchronicity title. I was basically fed to him. He smashed every one of my stats but maybe wrestling, and had a 8-10 pound advantage. I lost via 3ed round sub.

But it's cool now, my now 19 year old has higher stats than Hayz in most areas and he's 23.

Wow, amazing fight. Great counterstriking from Brown, best i've seen do far. This "swing for fences" feature really saved the day for ser Arthur Dayne.

No kidding.

I'm only in two minutes of the first round and already i think it's an amazing display of counterpunching..

Have fun sticking to your shit fighters, personally I cull the fighters I made badly or who are slow learners, and as a result at least 8 of my 10 fighters are possible title contenders. You will have more success in this game being flexible, not stubborn.

Jin Sen is a great example of sticking with a fighter, but he obviously has natural KO power and decent learning, and hence had good long-term prospects despite the initial 4 losses.

Have fun sticking to your shit fighters, personally I cull the fighters I made badly or who are slow learners, and as a result at least 8 of my 10 fighters are possible title contenders. You will have more success in this game being flexible, not stubborn.

Jin Sen is a great example of sticking with a fighter, but he obviously has natural KO power and decent learning, and hence had good long-term prospects despite the initial 4 losses.

I just don't expect everything to be given to me easily - I figure you have to work to get the good things.

So, while all of my fighters are undefeated except the one in discussion, I'm going to keep my 0-2 fighter (who is now 1-2 after winning last night) because when my guy(who started 0-2, but then went on a tear) finds your guy (the guy you created 5 times because you didn't like his hidden attributes the first 4 times) in the streets, he's gonna kick your ass!

:training2:

Hidden attributes are so random that the option to release a fighter is a must IMO. I've had a few of them along the road. ;P

Hidden attributes are so random that the option to release a fighter is a must IMO. I've had a few of them along the road. ;P

Everyone who has disputed my statement is correct - being able to release a fighter is a must; however, with that said, I think we often have cases of managers creating fighters, and then releasing them almost immediately if they don't appear to learn fast, or if they tend to cut, or if they don't have a good chin, or this or that.

I don't know...I'm just more impressed with the guys who take a fighter that doesn't appear perfect, and makes him something special as opposed to the guys who create 10 fighters and only keep 1 that has all the hidden attributes they are looking for.

Personal choice, I guess.

I just don't expect everything to be given to me easily - I figure you have to work to get the good things.

So, while all of my fighters are undefeated except the one in discussion, I'm going to keep my 0-2 fighter (who is now 1-2 after winning last night) because when my guy(who started 0-2, but then went on a tear) finds your guy (the guy you created 5 times because you didn't like his hidden attributes the first 4 times) in the streets, he's gonna kick your ass!

:training2:

I haven't "remade" any of my fighters, if there is a guy on my roster who is getting his arse kicked and does not have the ability to modify his game to cover his weaknesses, he gets put out to pasture and I try something different.

Well by the looks of your profile (6487?) you have 3 guys with a record of 3-0 or 2-0 apart from the fighter you are talking about. Really, you haven't had enough time to even have a proper picture of how your fighters are going to pan out as their career progresses, especially as they get further up the rankings in their current org and fight tougher opponents. The effect of having a fighter with slow learning won't really become really apparent until you have had your fighters going for 2 or 3 months.

No kidding.

I'm only in two minutes of the first round and already i think it's an amazing display of counterpunching..

I for one am glad Brown got Knocked the Eff Out. IMNBSHO He deserved it, just like all the other wretched Motherless Counter-Strike Spammers on this site. Definitely a part of the game that needs a resolution, so we can get rid of the BS Counter-Strike Spam FTW, once and for all! I know I'm not the only one who's tired of getting beat by this cheap tactic, IMNBSHO.

I for one am glad Brown got Knocked the Eff Out. IMNBSHO He deserved it, just like all the other wretched Motherless Counter-Strike Spammers on this site. Definitely a part of the game that needs a resolution, so we can get rid of the BS Counter-Strike Spam FTW, once and for all! I know I'm not the only one who's tired of getting beat by this cheap tactic, IMNBSHO.

Last time I checked, we had a sub spammer problem, never knew of this one.