Sports Card Collectors?

I was just wondering if any of you on here collected any sports cards? Any sport at all?

I personally have been collecting NFL cards for a while and today I managed to pick up both a NFL Pro Set 1990 series 2 and a NFL Pro Set 1991 series 1 unopened boxes today. Each has 14 cards a pack and 36 packs in all. I have only opened 9 of the packs from the 1990 one and have gotten some nice ones. 2 Joe Montana cards 1 Andre Reed card 1 Warren Moon and the best of all 1 Emmit Smith Rookie Card.

Thought it could be nice if there are others to discuss collections and newest adds. If not then just let this float to the bottom.

I got a lot but haven't gotten any since the late 90's. NFL, NBA, MLB, NCAA BB, some hockey and a (well, this doesn't matter, since the record has been broken already and it's worth has dropped since) Mark McGuire Starting Line Up I bought eight days after he broke the HR record, still in the package, never opened.

I collected hockey cards when I was a teen. I still have a box of them in storage and they would all be between 1988-1993. I should go through them one of these days, I have no clue if I have anything good.

I have some hockey ones but eventually I stopped and only collected football cards. Odly enough though I ended up with not one but two Wayne Gretzky cards without realizing it at first. And a Mark Messier card. Idk if I have any other good ones or not.

I briefly collected NBA cards back around... 95ish? Certainly no later than Jason Kidd rookie year I'd reckon. I have a full set of Player's Choice and the 'Silver Signature' ones as well.

I too have a huge baseball card collection from the 1986-1992-ish time frame. Mostly Topps brand cards but some Donruss and Upper Deck mixed in as well. In addition I actually went out and bought a few cards at shows or the local collector's shop. Some of my best ones are a Frank Thomas rookie, a Tony Gwynn rookie, and a somewhat beat up Carlton Fisk rookie.

I also dabbled in football cards and have some from the same time frame. I have most of the Chicago Bears Superbowl XX winning team (including Walter Payton) as well as a Bo Jackson rookie card. At one point someone offered me a Joe Carter (1993 World Series hero for those who don't know) rookie card in exchange for the Bo Jackson rookie card. After some thought I declined it... mostly because Carter was in a cubs uniform ;)

I too have a huge baseball card collection from the 1986-1992-ish time frame. Mostly Topps brand cards but some Donruss and Upper Deck mixed in as well. In addition I actually went out and bought a few cards at shows or the local collector's shop. Some of my best ones are a Frank Thomas rookie, a Tony Gwynn rookie, and a somewhat beat up Carlton Fisk rookie.

I also dabbled in football cards and have some from the same time frame. I have most of the Chicago Bears Superbowl XX winning team (including Walter Payton) as well as a Bo Jackson rookie card. At one point someone offered me a Joe Carter (1993 World Series hero for those who don't know) rookie card in exchange for the Bo Jackson rookie card. After some thought I declined it... mostly because Carter was in a cubs uniform ;)

Did you steal my cards :P

Did you steal my cards :P

As a punk kid I did steal some cards usually from younger kids. I don't suppose you grew up in the Chicago area, did you? If so, then its a possibility...

Actually one of my favorite things to collect were the Beckett Price Guides. I have one with Frank Thomas on the cover that is still in great shape.

Like just about everyone else here, most of my cards come from 1988-1993. Those were the golden years of sports cards. Everyone who grew up in those years have boxes of cards stashed away somewhere. Sadly, because we all have boxes full of Bure, Fedorov, and Lindros rookie cards, none of them are actually valuable.

Like just about everyone else here, most of my cards come from 1988-1993. Those were the golden years of sports cards. Everyone who grew up in those years have boxes of cards stashed away somewhere. Sadly, because we all have boxes full of Bure, Fedorov, and Lindros rookie cards, none of them are actually valuable.

Hahaha exactly!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Had an awesome baseball card collection back in 1990. Mattingly rookie, Strawberry, Gooden, Clemens rookie, many autographed too...Some sucker stole it from me during my move when I was a kid

I will sell you my collection! Lol

Same as most everyone else. Baseball cards circa 84-90. Including a darryl strawberry puzzle :)

• 9 months later...

Picked up some cards today at an antique store

-Carson Palmer (Rookie)

-Shaun Alexander

-Steve McNair (Rookie)

-Peerless Price

-Brain Urlacher (Rookie)

-2 Bronko Nagurski

-Charles Woodson

-Emmit Smith (Rookie)

-Odell Beckham Jr (Rookie)

I passed up on both a Deion Sanders and Barry Sanders Rookie card because they were $4 each if they are still there when I go back I will probably end up buying them. Barely scratched the surface on their collection there can't wait to go back when I have more time.

I was a collector when I was younger I can only imagine what they would have been worth now. Baseball, football, basketball a little hockey. I think between 92-97 I had so many rookie cards from so many big names from Shaq to Kobe, Jeter, ARod, Randy Moss, To Peyton Manning. All where burnt in a fire. All where in very good condition.

My best of the bunch I think not sure what or if the value was as much as it meant to me personally but it was by far my autographed Michael Jordan Minor league baseball card. When he played with Birmingham Barons.I wish I had that one back over all of them. Even though Mike was no Bo Jackson on the baseball field.

I have a ton that I'm trying to sell, I'm tired of lugging them around every time I move...

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/clt/5073460783.html

• 3 weeks later...

Added to the collection again this weekend, I picked up

-Rueben Randle (Rookie)

-Victor Cruz

-Chandler Jones

-Earl Thomas

-Calvin Johnson (2008)

-Colin Kapernick

Also picked up a Score 2015 pack because they just came out, got

-Jeremy Hill

-Team Leaders (Steelers)