Anthony Johnson Wants Bader; Then Gustafsson

UFC RSS

Anthony Johnson may be on course to fight Alexander Gustafsson, but he wants a shot at Ryan Bader first.

Johnson, the No. 5-ranked light heavyweight in the world, watched Saturday night as No. 8 Bader dominated No. 10 Ovince Saint Preux in a five-round main event matchup in Bangor, Maine. And "Rumble" wasn't very impressed with what he saw.

"It was a boring fight," Johnson said. "Exciting fighters put on exciting fights, and that's what fans want to see."

After a ferocious KO victory over Antonio Rogerio Nogueira on July 26, Johnson has just been lying low while he w ... <a href="http://www.ufc.com/news/anthony-johnson-wants-bader-then-gus">Read the Full Article Here</a>

View the full article

OSP vs Bader was very boring, the rest of the card is what saved it and although Bader won handily he still got blasted a few good times and OSP was never really on his heels or reeling to survive, Johnson would eat him for breakfast...

As for Gus "killing" Johnson? i dont see that happening, maybe its because i havent seen Gus fight in forever but i think thats a large overstatement

OSP vs Bader was very boring, the rest of the card is what saved it and although Bader won handily he still got blasted a few good times and OSP was never really on his heels or reeling to survive, Johnson would eat him for breakfast...

As for Gus "killing" Johnson? i dont see that happening, maybe its because i havent seen Gus fight in forever but i think thats a large overstatement

The size of Gus would give him a huge advantage.

Height certainly isnt the only thing that matters in mma, since hes stopped doing 60lb weight cuts he has been trouble and the way he stopped Noguiera is just brutal. Aside from beating Manuwa and going 5 rounds with Jones while withstanding all those head kicks, he hasnt shown me enough to say he will "kill" anybody.

• 5 months later...