Top 5 Retired MMA Tycoon Hall of Famers

Deuce7

Hey everyone, so I have decided to make a five part series about who I think are the Top 5 Retired MMA Tycoon Hall of Fame fighters and why. I had two forms of criteria for this:

#1 The fighters do not have to be officially retired, but must have no fights within the last 6 months.

#2 They must be in the MMA Tycoon Hall of Fame.

Feel free to agree or disagree with my picks, but I really want to hear who all of you think the top fighter(s) in the Tycoon Hall of Fame are and why................

• Upvote 2

Jigoro Kane

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/2/2w18.jpg

Record: 41-17

Notable Wins: Jesus Gonzalez, Jin Sen, Manu Okoro, Jeremy Tonal, Taj al Din, Lee Villa, Muhammed Muhammed

Notes: Syn Welterweight Champion (3 Title Defenses), Syn Light Heavyweight Champion (5 Title Defenses), Cage Wars Hilo Light Heavyweight Champion (3 Title Defenses)

Reason: Jigoro Kane is one of the most popular and polarizing fighters MMA Tycoon has ever seen. Having fought and defeated some of the most recognizable names in the Tycoon Universe, Kane was one of the longest (if not the longest) reigning #1 P4P fighters in history. Not many knew he actually started his fighting career as a welterweight, capturing the Synchronicity Welterweight title in just his 13th professional fight.

Fighting against top tier competition so early in his pro career only fueled the fire that burned inside of him as he came to the realization that he wanted a tougher challenge. Moving up not one but two weight classes (he actually did have one fight at Middleweight), Kane chose to dive head first in the proverbial “pool of sharks” by facing the best of the division right away and defeating Jesus Gonzalez in his 2nd fight at 205lbs to win the Syn Light Heavyweight title.

After a few title defenses against perennial top 20 fighters, the owners of Syn and Canadian Fighting Championship out of Montreal came together and struck a deal that not only benefitted their organzations, but the Tycoon community as a whole when they announced Jigoro Kane vs Manu Okoro. What will probably go down as one of the best and most entertaining trilogies that we will ever witness, it was only the beginning of Kane’s “super fight” journey. Traveling to the likes of Montreal, Helsinki and New York where, at Cult of Violence 129, MMA Tycoon fans wished they would have known what they know now when Jigoro Kane faced off against Jeremy Tonal.

Following the retirement of his manager, Jigoro reached a deal to become a client of the talented, yet controversial, Sonny Muchacho who in turn signed a one fight deal with Canadian Fighting Championship to finish the trilogy with Manu Okoro. Finally settling the rubber match with Okoro, Kane continued to travel the world and had a bit of an up and down ride while fighting in top level organizations such as IMMA, Syn Euro, Cage Wars and ONI while fighting fan favorites such as Taj al Din, Orville Redenbacher and Wahoo McDaniel.

His final hurrah saw Jigoro return to CFC for a few fights and trying to finish his career with a win. Unfortunately for Kane, he was unsuccessful in his attempts to “go out on top” losing by TKO in consecutive fights, losing to two former CFC Light Heavyweight champions. After the loss, Jigoro and his manager discussed trying one last time for a W, but ultimately they agreed that the best thing to do is to hang up his gloves.

In conclusion, fight fans may never get to see Jigoro fight again, but they will always remember him as one of the most dominant fighters the world has ever seen.

• Upvote 7

Jeremy Tonal

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/23/23b3.jpg

Record: 36-9

Notable Wins: Raz Matazz, Gristle McThornbody, Bubba KillsInWater, Golden Glory, Lucas LaVey, Jigoro Kane, Merrimac Mjolnir, Smokudju Womba

Notes: 2X GAMMA Light Heavyweight Champion (4 Defenses)

Reason: Who hasn’t heard the name Jeremy Tonal? He is considered by many to be the greatest fighter to step foot inside a cage. Terrorizing every top contender at Light Heavyweight fighter for almost two years, Jeremy went on one of the most historic runs the Tycoon Universe has ever witnessed. From September 2010 to May 2012, Tonal went on an unprecedented 24-1 streak, but more about that later.

Getting off to an unconventional start to his career, Jeremy signed with GAMMA after one fight as a pro, but shortly after his first fight with the promotion he and his manager decided to part ways. Luckily for Tonal he happened to make a few connections in his short professional career and agreed to a deal with one of the top managers in the world, Richard Davenport. Early on under Davenport’s watchful eye, Tonal had somewhat mixed results going 3-2 in his next five contests.

After a bit of soul searching and rededication, Tonal strung together three straight wins and earned his first title shot. At GAMMA 119, Tonal finally “struck gold” with a 55 second massacre of Erkki Junttila becoming the GAMMA Light Heavyweight Champion. With an unsuccessful title defense and a 1-1 record afterwards, Tonal felt he needed to leave GAMMA and looked to make a name for himself in a big way.

And a big way it was. Tonal’s amazing run of 24-1 (the one I talked about in the opening) began when he joined the Syn Millionaires Tourney, which saw some of the best up and coming Light Heavyweights in the world come together for a shot at glory and fame. Although he came in as slight underdog, Jeremy outlasted everyone in the tournament by beating the likes of Rolen Spliffs and Earl Lee Swagger among others.

A few months after the tournament, Tonal agreed to a fight a man that many Light Heavyweights had tried to avoid…………….Jigoro Kane. Undoubtedly his toughest test, Tonal was a game opponent, but in the end the judges had decided he was not the victor on that night. Having faced the #1 fighter in the world and finding out what it takes to become “the guy”, Tonal welcomed any challenge with open arms. Unfortunately for his opponents, Jeremy’s fists were not so welcoming and lead him to knockout victories over Raz Matazz, Gristle McThornbody and Golden Glory.

Even after defeating fighters of such high caliber, one thing never sat well with Jeremy…………the loss to Jigoro Kane. After receiving a phone call from Kane’s manager, Richard Davenport knew immediately that his fighter wanted another chance at Jigoro and a deal was stuck within a few days to hold the rematch at IMMA 36. 11 months of waiting and dominating everyone in his path, Tonal finally had his 2nd chance and was determined not to lose this time around. Visualizing it in his head a thousand times, Tonal did exactly what he planned to do and knocked out Kane with devastating ground and pound early in the 1st round.

Finally having avenged the ill tasting loss to Jigoro, Tonal returned to GAMMA and the new contenders just waiting to challenge him. Unfortunately for Tonal he and his fans knew the streak had to end sooner or later and William McKenzie King decided it would be sooner, defeating Tonal via decision. Tonal finished his contract with GAMMA by winning his final two fights and decided to try one last time to regain his former glory, but was unable to capture lightning in a bottle a second time.

Enjoying a brief retirement, but still having that itch for one last hurrah, Tonal was given an opportunity to fight another former #1 pound for pound fighter in Smokudju Womba. Agreeing to a two-fight deal, the two Hall of Famers put on amazing back and forth fights with each fighter having their hand raised by way of TKO (the only time Tonal has been beaten by TKO). Only time will tell if a rumored rubber match will ever be agreed upon, but until then all we can do is wait.

He may not be the most decorated fighter in the Hall of Fame, but one thing is undeniable...........Jeremy Tonal is one of the best (possibly even THE best) to ever step foot inside a cage.

Note: Ok, I know I bent the rules a bit since Tonal has fought in the last 6 months, but prior to that it had been over a year since his previous fight.

• Upvote 5

Abayo Bokhari

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/35/35b1.jpg

Record: 21-5

Notable Wins: Fidel Puno, Cee Digits, Merrimac Mjolnir, Jan Paulsen, Conquer This,

Golden Glory

Notes: Syn Heavyweight Champion (8 Defenses)

Reason: Ahhh the Heavyweight division…………….where the big boys play. You didn’t think I could make a top 5 and not include a Heavyweight did you??? Maybe not the biggest, but definitely one of the baddest; Abayo Bokhari was one of the most intimidating figures the Tycooniverse has ever witnessed. Bokhari was one of the fastest rising and quickest falling stars of his time, quickly rising to the top only to fade into the sunset.

A highly skilled boxer at a young age, Bokhari decided to try his luck in kickboxing and quickly showcased those skills in his first few professional fights by defeating his first five opponents by TKO. Spending less then fifteen total minutes inside a kickboxing ring, Abayo realized that he was far more talented than his peers and needed a new challenge. After a few short months, Bokhari once again upped the ante and signed a deal with one of the world’s biggest MMA promotions in Synchronicity.

Being one of the youngest fighters on Syn’s roster, Bokhari had a lot of hype to live up to and he did not disappoint. In his MMA debut, he faced a stiff test against a seasoned striker in Jose Villalonga. Possibly having a few butterflies when he entered the cage, Bokhari started the fight off slow but soon overcame the nerves and scored a devastating knockout. Finally proving to himself that MMA is where he needed to be, the ascension of Abayo Bokhari had just begun.

Continuing his impressive run and imposing his will against a few more unlucky men, Abayo received a phone call with an opportunity of a lifetime………..a fight against the former #1 pound for pound man, Fidel Puno. With the realization that he had a chance to put his name on the map sinking in, Bokhari trained like a madman until fight night. Not many “experts” gave him much of a chance, but Bokhari proved every one of them wrong when he pulled off one of the biggest upsets in all of 2010. Earning the respect of his peers and the fans, Bokhari now knew he went from being the hunter to the hunted.

Even with a newly found target on his back, Abayo still never lost sight of what he truly wanted, the Syn Heavyweight Championship. A chance to capture the title came sooner then most people expected, but had fans giddy with anticipation nonetheless. Facing off against another “young gun” in Cee Digits, Bokhari knew a war was on the horizon and they did not disappoint. Twenty five minutes of a back and forth battle from the two titans had fans out of their seats the entire fight, but one fighter had to win and luckily for Bokhari it was his hand that was raised in victory.

Abayo rattled off a few more impressive victories against the likes of Merrimac Mjolnir and Marc Van Nisterlrooy, plus a return bout against Fidel Puno, when he was matched up against one of the biggest trash talkers the Tycoon world has ever seen………..Bubba KillsInWater. Exchanging verbal jabs before the fight, KillsInWater vs Bokhari turned into an all out brawl and ended up becoming one of the biggest comebacks in Tycoon history. Unfortunately for Abayo he was on the losing end of the fight and felt the taste of defeat for the first time in his career.

Bouncing back after his fight against KillsInWater, Bokhari rattled off a few more wins and caught the eye of Golden Glory, the new #1 guy in town. The two fighters squared off twice with each man getting their hand raised once, but fans never got the chance to see a rubber match that certainly would have been one to remember.

Something seemed off with Bokhari after his fight with Glory and his manager knew it. They sat down and had a long discussion about early retirement and the future effects of taking blows to the head and body, but Abayo’s fighting spirit won out and he continued to fight. Losing is not something that Bokhari was accustomed to, but after taking a Maxim Dragunov kick to the head, afterwhich he never looked fully recovered and lost by knockout two more times. Finally Bokhari knew he could no longer take a punch (or kick) and retired to a lavish mansion in Las Vegas where he currently resides today.

While he may not have been the biggest or most powerful heavyweight, Abayo Bokhari was undeniably one of the most exciting and talented fighters we have ever had the chance to witness.

• Upvote 1

Nice man like the write up with it

Thanks. It's about three days worth of writing and deleting everything I had originally twice because I hated it, lol. I'm going to start working on Fighter #2 in the next few days.

That's awesome. You should add the fighter's links for those who don't know them http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=1357 this is Kane's profile, it's always nice to see how a fighter started. Him who started with "Cuts easily", retired with "Heavy hands", so to all managers who sack their fighters who cut, shame on you!

That's awesome. You should add the fighter's links for those who don't know them http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=1357 this is Kane's profile, it's always nice to see how a fighter started. Him who started with "Cuts easily", retired with "Heavy hands", so to all managers who sack their fighters who cut, shame on you!

forgot he showed that

and from a quick glance at his losses he never lost by cut

dam forgot about yb sol

is he in the hall of fame cant remember seeing him

YB is actually not in the Hall of Fame. There are a few fighters that I found while researching that are not in the Hall of Fame that probably should be.

Awkward that he actually is...

He is in the CFC Hall of Fame, but not the tycoon hall of fame. He is another one of those fighters that should be in since he is a former #1 p4p guy. Unless you can see a different hall of fame then i can.

Awesome job man I cant wait to log back on and read the rest of your top 5 HOFers. Things like this get me excited to log into this game. I have been finding it more and more like a job to log in. :( But then when I read stuff like this it gets me excited and kinda refuels the fire(if you will) and keeps me going. Keep up the great work man

Awesome job man I cant wait to log back on and read the rest of your top 5 HOFers. Things like this get me excited to log into this game. I have been finding it more and more like a job to log in. :( But then when I read stuff like this it gets me excited and kinda refuels the fire(if you will) and keeps me going. Keep up the great work man

im looking forward to it as well

may b one day some one will do the same thing with the orgs or hasthat been done