NY Fight Nights

bjornmma1

The owner of this org has tried to steal (a) fighter(s) from my org by contacting them while they are under contract with me. These are very shady tactics. It is even more annoying considering I thought the owner was a nice guy and considered him a friend after all the contact we have had over the past month. If my org was dying, which it clearly is not, it would be a whole different story.

So other owners, be aware of this guy and his shady tactics. He's two faced and a backstabber in my eyes. You may not agree with my stance on this and that is your right. I just felt the need the post this here to make others aware of the dick move on his part.

I think posting stupid drama like this in another orgs thread is far worse than "poaching"(which is a common occurrence in the game. Anytime I get a fighter in the top 500 or so, I start getting messages from a couple of the big time org owners about my plans with that fighter.)

If you considered Bjorn a nice guy and a friend you should have just messaged him and talked it out rather than coming into another orgs thread and throwing a fit. I've always considered other orgs threads off limits for in-game drama otherwise I would post in Gamma's thread about how its a shit org.

I'll send this in PM to you, please dont reply here because this isnt the place for it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

The owner of this org has tried to steal (a) fighter(s) from my org by contacting them while they are under contract with me. These are very shady tactics. It is even more annoying considering I thought the owner was a nice guy and considered him a friend after all the contact we have had over the past month. If my org was dying, which it clearly is not, it would be a whole different story.

So other owners, be aware of this guy and his shady tactics. He's two faced and a backstabber in my eyes. You may not agree with my stance on this and that is your right. I just felt the need the post this here to make others aware of the dick move on his part.

Yeah this is unnecessary bollocks from you Beck. Slandering people is a shady move dude. I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose.
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

If we're playing the "nice guy" card around here, then I'll play it too. I know John (beck) very well, he is one of my good friends and I speak to him often on teamspeak. He is one of the nicest and most trustworthy guys I know. And for that reason I know, he wouldn't post here if it wasn't important.

Don't get me wrong, I got respect for Bjorn too. He's never done wrong by me, but I trust Beck and I know that Bjorn must of done something to piss him off, because Beck wouldn't do it otherwise

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

This is my last reply on this subject.

I can understand that Beck was pissed when he was thinking I was poaching a fighter of him. The thing is that if a friend, and I considered him a friend , is involved, I would message him without posting on the forum and certainly not on the org page. I won't say more about that, but to me, it's pretty clear why he did that.

I had fighters at my org being contacted by other orgs and I've sent those org owners a message to warn them to not do that. I won't say names, but I guarantee you I did send a message to those org owners who tried to poach fighter at NYFN. Did I like what they did? NO! But they weren't even my friends and I only messaged them about it with a warning.

I did not try to poach that fighter. If you really only trust me that much, I'm disappointed and amazed. The only good thing about these false assumptions is that I find out what guys are really friends and what guys are not.

I won't drag this on anymore, hopefully things have been resolved or are in the process of being resolved so nothing more needs to be said.

Moving on........

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14030234737785.jpg

Danny Ciprianni 205lbs

So I just made my debut fight at NYFN a few days ago against Tony Soprano. A tough fight against an older fighter but I took the victory thanks to my natural talent and my brilliant manager who supplied me with the tactics to win the fight. I'm on a roll and want to use this momentum, so who's next?

• Upvote 3

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1420389021NYFN29r.jpg

NYFN 29 Bimba vs Rynn preview

Bruce Lee (1-7) v Chris Zyb (6-6)
After snapping a seven fight losing streak in his last fight, Bruce Lee is looking to continue his winning ways at 155 pounds against Chris Zyb. With both fighters possessing solid muay thai bases, it’ll be interesting to see who takes control of the fight in the clinch, because this fight will certainly be fought primarily in the clinch. Already with a Submission of the Night bonus in NYFN, Zyb is a very talented young Polish fighter who has flashed both knockout power and slick submissions in his career. Limited on his feet, Zyb has struggled to keep up on the feet, especially with his hands. In a very close fight, Zyb should be able to avoid this fight becoming a boxing match.

Darrin Dalton (0-5) v Ramen Noodles (0-2)
At a combined 0-7, Darrin Dalton and Ramen Noodles don’t exactly strike fear in the hearts of the rest of the 155 pound division. Dalton is a solid kickboxer, but has no real BJJ background and has been submitted in four of his five fights. Ramen Noodles is very much a one trick pony at this point in his career. With a brown belt in BJJ at just 19 years old, Noodles is a very accomplished ground fighter, but he offers nothing in terms of striking on the feet. With neither fighter being a very good wrestler, this fight will come down to if Noodles can get Darrin Dalton on the mat and work his slick submissions. If not, Dalton will be able to easily put him away on the feet.

Matt Hughes (6-4) v Kyro Maia (6-4)
In another battle of 155 pounders, this fight will certainly feature more talented and well-rounded fighters. Matt Hughes had the world in his hands before NYFN, going 6-1 and being a huge acquisition for NYFN when he was signed. After being knocked out in around 90 seconds in his first NYFN fight, a title fight, he’s seemingly lost his confidence. Finished in his last three fights, Matt Hughes needs a good showing to get his career back on track. Kyro Maia has been a decision machine thus far in NYFN, going 3-3, all going the distance in his 6 NYFN fights.

Robert Owinashi (9-7-1) v Brian OTool (9-6)
In a battle of two super heavyweights who love to slug it out, Brian OTool is looking to get back to his winning ways after three straight losses in NYFN. OTool is a very powerful boxer who can end a fight with one punch. Robert Owinashi is no slouch in his own right as a boxer. With this fight in NYFN making a dozen, Owinashi has been around the block in this meat grinder of a division. Owinashi is a very balanced striker, as evidenced with his head kick victory over Bam Bam a couple fights ago. The big question in this fight will be if Owinashi can keep up with the dangerous Brian OTool in a fist fight.

Maximus Meridius (5-1) v Dominic Tattum (2-2)
With such a strong wrestling background, it should come as no shock that Maximus Meridius is 5-1 so far in his MMA career. Meridius has five straight wins in NYFN and the last four have come by TKO. Meridius has one of the most vicious clinch games at 185 pounds and elbows that are easily his biggest weapon. Dominic Tattum is a muay thai fighter who is more of a striker than a clinch fighter. After being abused in a decision loss a couple fights ago in the clinch, it’ll be interesting to see if Tattum is ready for the devastating attack of Meridius in the clinch. With another win, Meridius has to be at the top of the line for a title shot in the division.

Marvin Blackwell (4-6) v Phoenix Templar (1-2)
Even though his record says 1-2, Phoenix Templar has to be licking his chops against the more experienced Marvin Blackwell. Templar is a solid all around fighter, but has shown the ability to be rocked early in fights. Blackwell has all four of his wins by TKO, but most of that TKO power comes from his muay thai which Templar also possesses. It’ll be paramount that Blackwell keep this fight on the feet, as he has four losses by submission and Templar is a brown belt who can certainly give him more than he can handle on the ground.

Anderson Silva Jr (12-3) v Ivan Drago (4-1)
After starting his career on a 10 fight winning streak that included 10 first round TKO’s, Anderson Silva Jr has hit some resistance. At just 1-2 in NYFN, Silva Jr is certainly not used to being looked at as an average fighter. With a very well balanced skillset, Silva Jr has no visual weaknesses and is a nightmare for most one dimensional super heavyweights. Ivan Drago is not a one dimensional fighters per se, but he certainly leans more towards a boxer than anything. With such a devastating boxing attack, it’s no wonder that Drago is 4-1 in NYFN with 3 of those twins coming by TKO.

Brett Hartlock (3-1) v Mike Dean (7-7)
At 185 pounds, we have two fighters in very different places in this fight. Brett Hartlock is arriving in NYFN after going 3-1 in Warzone and looks like a future contender. Mike Dean was once a promising prospect himself before coming to NYFN, but has went 0-3 since debuting in the organization. With both fighters eager to make a statement for different reasons, we should expect a very action packed fight. Hartlock is a black belt in BJJ and always a threat to end the fight on the ground. Mike Dean is no slouch on the ground himself, but hasn’t been inclined to show it off so far in his MMA career.

Helix Cabrera (4-2) v Luigi Vercotti (10-3)
In our co-main event, we have two big time contenders at 155 pounds. Helix Cabrera is 2-0 so far in NYFN with both wins coming by TKO. Luigi Vercotti is 1-1 in NYFN, but that loss was a controversial split decision against former champion Kolt Ganger. Vercotti is a very talented wrestler who prefers to grind out fights, but with four wins by TKO as well, Vercotti certainly has a lot of pop in his hands. Cabrera is as well balanced of a striker as anyone in this division and has won all of his fights by TKO in his career. I would suspect Vercotti will try to avoid a firefight, but can he keep Helix Cabrera on the ground long enough to avoid it?

Mestre Bimba (7-1-1) v Mikaiah Rynn (12-4)
Very few fighters at 205 pounds have got the best of Mestre Bimba or Mikaiah Rynn, but both fighters are coming off losses in title fights to champion Billy Beast. Mikaiah Rynn came into the fight with Billy Beast at 12-3 and successfully defending his title three times before Beast annihilated him in the first round. Mestre Bimba came into his fight against Billy Beats at 7-0-1, but was also defeated in the first round. With the winner almost assuredly getting another title shot, the stakes are very high in this fight. Both fighters are amazing strikers who can end a fight in the blink of an eye, so we shouldn’t have to rely on the judges in this fight.

• Upvote 1

NEW YORK FIGHT NIGHTS presents….

NYFN30: Jacobs vs Roach

Date: 31st January 2015

Arena: Credit Card Center (7,000 seater)

Merch Partner: Vandal Fight Boutique & Laundry

Good evening ladies and gentleman and welcome to this preview of NYFN’s upcoming event, NYFN30: Jacobs vs Roach. This is going to be one of NYFN’s biggest events to date, and we go to the Credit Card Center in the Big Apple! Without further ado, let’s get right down to the action!

FIGHT #1 – Welterweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/50f91c339aa1dd50e0a7604ee0faff01.png

Our first fight of the evening comes from the Welterweight division as two young prospects look to take another step forward as Leon Khan takes on Claude Bouchard.

Leon Khan is a clinch fighter who has recently won his manager some VIP time after emerging as the victor of a QFC tournament. He demonstrated devastating ability in wearing his opponents down, while also finishing them with a combination of Elbows and Knees. We will have to see if his experience from the QFC can translate into success in an org setting.

Claude Bouchard has only had one fight in his career, but it was one in which he absolutely dominated. He is a boxer who also has a bit of wrestling about him, so he could be the perfect counter measure to Khan’s clinch game. He holds a slight reach advantage, and he may use that to keep his opponent at distance.

PREDICTION: Well it appears that Khan will struggle to make the weight cut for this fight, so it may not even go ahead, but if it does, I expect Bouchard to absolutely dominate with the advantage of extra energy. Claude Bouchard to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

FIGHT #2 – Lightweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/c93155006c68b868a3d336803180fe62.png

The Lightweight Division plays host to the next fight as we have experience vs youth with Mr Teeto playing the part of experience and Melcone Aisa acting as youth.

Mr Teeto has had a rocky path as of late. After winning his first 4 fights, he lost the next 3 before rolling off another 3 wins. He has lost 2 of his last 3 fights, and will be looking to gaining another win in this bout. He has ability striking at range, but his true bread and butter is inside the clinch where he uses Muay Thai to devastating effect. He holds the reach advantage as well, so it will be interesting to see if he will look to strike from range rather than clinch.

Melcone Aisa is an all rounder. He has a Brown Belt in BJJ but we haven’t seen it used so far as he has gained all his wins via (T)KO. The diversity in his offense is what makes him a tricky opponent, and he holds a major skill advantage over his older opponent. He holds a significant advantage on the ground but he may look to use his striking to send out a statement to the rest of the division.

PREDICTION: I have to go with Youth in this instance. He has worse Muay Thai than Teeto, but Aisa is better in all other areas, as well as having the higher ranked manager. Melcone Aisa to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

FIGHT #3 – Welterweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/86bd15ef3c59053b4d5580e6eb098d9f.png

Back to the Welterweights now as we have a 25 year old fighting a 19 year old with Johnny Langstrom duking it out with Derek Gaines.

Johnny Langstrom is a 25 year old fighter who hails from somewhere in England. Orphaned as a child, the misfortune for him would continue when even his own manager would abandon him when his VIP ran out. We know Langstrom is a striker, who has a KO win going for him, but he was KO’ed in his last fight. He will be hoping a win here will make him more appealing to any potential managers watching.

Derek Gaines is a 19 year old fighter coming straight from the notorious Compton, California. He is a BJJ fighter who also suffered a KO loss in his last fight, and he will be hoping to gain a Submission victory here. He is backed by David Murphy of the LOD alliance, and he will be hoping his training at the {CBK} Kickboxing Academy will aid him in this bout.

PREDICTION: I expect the misfortune to continue for Langstrom. With no manager, he won’t have trained in preparation for this fight in the past 3 weeks. Gaines on the other hand will be looking to take advantage and gain another win. Derek Gaines to win via Submission in Round 1.

FIGHT #4 – Middleweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/d299cdd1bf4c38a634a7cf14661f8221.png

Up to the Middleweight division now as Distor Centura takes on Tumbu Bukasa.

Distor Centura hails from the Outback, and this 29 year old loves to wrassle! A ground and pound fighter, he suffered a disappointing loss in his last outing, and he is looking to get a win here. His strength comes from being able to control the action after taking the fight to the ground, allowing him to fire off his shots and leaving his opponents unable to defend themselves. A similar fate awaits his opponent here if he isn’t wary.

Tumbu Bukasa is a Muay Thai fighter from the DR of Congo, and he uses this to his advantage. 7 wins in his career, of which 6 were KO’s, shows he has the ability to finish a fight, and he uses his impressive kicks to wear his opponents down before going for the big finish!

PREDICTION: Centura has a slight wrestling advantage, and will hope to get the takedown quickly before Bukasa’s kicks can wear him down. I expect a first round win as Centura will either GnP his way there or Bukasa will kick him down. Tumbu Bukasa to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

FIGHT #5 – Middleweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/99ee70fe56200731e2526a67dd2ea5cd.png

Staying with the Middleweight division now, it’s another old vs young fight as 30 year old Jack Bruce takes on the 23 year old Harold Stone.

Jack Bruce is currently on a 2 fight losing streak, but he has the KO power to change that easily. Toughened up by his upbringing on Long Island, Bruce is also known to be partial to a nice submission should the situation call for it as his last win came from an impressive Anaconda Choke! His opponent will need to be careful or he could be finished from anywhere.

Harold Stone is a boxer who grew up in Las Vegas so he knows how to survive in a hectic area. 7 (T)KO wins in 9 wins shows he has the ability, and his superior wrestling should let him keep it standing where his boxing can do the talking. He holds a significant weight advantage and this means he has a lot more muscle to be flexing while striking.

PREDICTION: I expect this fight to go to the bigger fighter, and I don’t expect it to last the distance. Harold Stone to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

FIGHT #6 – Lightweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/8ef402ed532bd15c061eb073314e7c1d.png

The first of a series of Lightweight fights now as “The Armor of God” Francesco Torzoni takes on Nikolai Nation.

Francesco Torzoni has had a host of experienced managers, and with linking up with Axia Inc of The Goonies, he has continued that. He is experienced in all areas, with KO wins accompanying his Sub win that shows he is no one-trick pony. He also has a Granite Chin, which could keep him in the fight when he looks out. He is making his Debut in NYFN here after a brief run with MMA Helsinki, and he will be looking to start as he means to go on.

Nikolai Nation has another experienced manager in Senzo Tanaka of The Legion of Pain, and he is looking to bounce back after experiencing his first loss in his last bout for the title. He will be hoping a win here will propel him back into the title picture, and his Elite boxing is a problem for anyone who steps into the cage with him.

PREDICTION: A good battle here, and I have a feeling the debutant will spring a surprise on his opponent here. Torzoni is the more rounded fighter, and his Granite Chin could be the difference here. Francesco Torzoni to win via (T)KO in Round 3.

FIGHT #7 – Lightweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/41a6e513600c8876cd675790961847ce.png

Another Lightweight fight now with an international flavour to it as Elias Al Haddad takes on Hannibal Barca.

Elias Al Haddad hails from the United Arab Emirates and he has a penchant for going the distance. 15 decisions in 28 fights shows he has the cardio to go that far, and it is his striking that helps him so much. He is coming into this fight on the back of a loss and he may look to use his experience at going three rounds to swamp his opponent into tiring while scoring points.

Hannibal Barca is a devastating BJJ fighter who is undefeated, with all of his wins coming through Submission. He will be looking to extend that undefeated streak, while at the same time, look to make a claim for a title shot by gaining another submission win. He has a fantastic wrestling game to gain the position for his BJJ to take over, and Al Haddad will need to be careful.

PREDICTION: With this fight going three rounds, I don’t think Al Haddad can survive that long without going to the ground. He will need to gain a (T)KO but with his record, I don’t see him doing that before Barca gains a takedown. Hannibal Barca to win via Submission in Round 1.

FIGHT #8 – Lightweight Division! – TITLE FIGHT!

http://i.gyazo.com/f3d3219b52bb5e15e29f24f34ddecbc4.png

A title fight for you now as Quentin DeBramalo looks to defend his belt once more before the Tycoon MMA Championships against the challenger Kolt Ganger.

Quentin DeBramalo comes into this fight for his first title defence since winning the title from Nikolai Nation. He is currently on a 6 fight winning streak, and his striking is something to behold. He has shown a tendency to go for submissions while on the ground, so it will be interesting to see if that comes into play here. With his Striking being so great, and his Ground game being solid, it is hard to pinpoint a weakness for him other than just swinging and hoping to connect clean.

His challenger is Kolt Ganger who is currently on a 3 fight winning streak. He prefers to fight within the clinch and on the ground, and he will be looking to go into these areas if he is to stand a chance in this bout. He is managed by Chris Meat of Convicted Inc so he has a good backing team, and we could see this potentially change the fight.

PREDICTION: Overall, I think DeBramalo’s ability in all areas will help him to claim the win here as he will just have too much for the challenger unless he gets taken down where it seems pretty even. Quentin DeBramalo to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

CO-MAIN EVENT!

FIGHT #9 – Lightweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/1540bfd04563e222fc027ce0890ff0f7.png

The final Lightweight fight of the evening comes between Jonqw Fray and Arshnoor Singh, with the winner probably being next in line for a title bout!

Jonqw Fray hails from United Kingdom, and his ground game is deadly! 9 Submission wins, along with 2 (T)KO wins shows he hates leaving fights in the hands of the judges, where he has lost his two fights. He loves to take the fight to the ground, where his BJJ pays off huge dividends, and can also brutalise them with some GnP. He is outmatched in height, but has a huge weight advantage so it could work in his favour here.

Arshnoor Singh comes from the roster of the manager formerly known as Kshitij Singh Negi, The Crown Prince of Crime, and he fits the bill perfectly. A lightweight fighter who stands at 6” tall, he has the ability to keep his opponents at range while he wails on them. 13 KO wins can attest to this, and his sensational wrestling allows him to control the action and where he wants to fight it.

PREDICTION: This is going to be a one-sided affair, but it is hard to tell who for. If it stays standing, Singh is going to obliterate Fray, and if it goes to the ground, Fray is going to demolish Singh. Whoever wins will be most likely to step up for a title shot. Arshnoor Singh to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

MAIN EVENT!

FIGHT #10 – Light Heavyweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/fc777aecf7321fc5fc8c70207e37b0b7.png

Our main event is a marquee bout between two fighters who were brought in specially for this event as Tycon “The Terror” Jacobs takes on “Bartman” Bartholomew Roach.

Tyson “The Terror” Jacobs has come into the org from Ascension, and he describes himself as “a Red-White and Blue loving American”. With Sensational Boxing, Muay Thai and Wrestling as well as a BJJ Black Belt, Jacobs has had a successful career so far with 19 wins, and he will be looking to go for number 20 here. In his last fight, he used the stand up game as well as his wrestling background to grind out a decision win, and has been training since, so I expect to see a fresh and determined Jacobs in this bout.

Bartholomew Roach is one of the most elite strikers in the world today, and he has sensational wrestling and a Brown Belt to support that. 20 (T)KO wins in 21 fights shows he has the killer instinct to finish fights, and he will be hungry for #21 here. He comes from Syn, and is just behind Jacobs in the rankings, and will be looking to leapfrog him with authority here. He is Heavy Handed and appears to prefer to strike at range rather than inside the clinch, and his slight reach advantage could be a factor there.

PREDICTION: In the USA vs USA war, I expect the striker to come out on top. His striking is second to none, and it could be over fairly quicky. Bartholomew Roach to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

That’s all from me, so be sure to look out for the results after the event!

• Upvote 6

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/29/29w12.jpg

Harold "Hazel Hal" Stone (229296)

Jack Bruce, i question whether you are in the right frame of mind stepping into the cage with me after 2 losses and your manager going MIA.

I am bigger, younger, stronger, and faster than you. I see no way i can walk out of this with a loss.

In fact, i actually feel bad as i feel like i am in the best shape of my life while you are unfocused and out of shape.

But when i punch your face into retirement, it won't be anything personal. Just business. In fact, i'll try to make it as quick and painless as i can to so we can get this over with.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/29/29w12.jpg

Harold "Hazel Hal" Stone (229296)

Well Bruce, i promised to end it as quickly as possible. If you continue fighting i hope you can find a manager who can help with your career and training. Otherwise, i hear the Bahamas is a hotspot for retired fighters.

I almost felt bad knocking you out, but hey... business is business.

Who's next?

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13798254543247.png

Danny Green 185lbs (6-0-0)

The clock has been ticking and it's just 2 days until I step back into the cage after quite some time off. I had been struggling with the guilt of beating my former opponents up so bad and thought I must try something to promote serenity and try to find inner peace.

After trying a new career as a florist for 6 months I have to decided to stop fighting my true feelings and now I'm back to f*** some people up. Unfortunately for Coaker Kluge ,he is going to take the full force of my pent up frustration. It's nothing personal but I know the red mist will come and I won't be able to stop until the ref drags me off him. I'll make sure to send a beautiful bouquet to you if you let me know which Hospital they take you to.

Thank you to the Boss of NYFN for believing in me and giving me a second chance.

• Upvote 2

Danny Green 185lbs (6-1-0)

I knew I'd be rusty and my first fight would be tough but I have to say I didn't expect my opponent to hit that hard. Everything seemed to be going to plan, I was taking it steady looking to wear Mr Kluge down when I spotted the most beautiful arrangement of flowers being delivered to my conerman. I only glanced for a second when Mr Kluge threw a big right hook....I don't remember too much after that.

My manager says it was Mr Kluge himself who sent the flowers but I refuse to believe that as he seems a lovely kind man. My manager said I should have grown a pair and just gone over and kicked Kluge in the head, even though the fight was over.

Anyway back to the gym for me while I think about what step to take next.

Congrats Mr Kluge, good fight.

• Upvote 2

Danny Green 185lbs (6-1-0)

I knew I'd be rusty and my first fight would be tough but I have to say I didn't expect my opponent to hit that hard. Everything seemed to be going to plan, I was taking it steady looking to wear Mr Kluge down when I spotted the most beautiful arrangement of flowers being delivered to my conerman. I only glanced for a second when Mr Kluge threw a big right hook....I don't remember too much after that.

My manager says it was Mr Kluge himself who sent the flowers but I refuse to believe that as he seems a lovely kind man. My manager said I should have grown a pair and just gone over and kicked Kluge in the head, even though the fight was over.

Anyway back to the gym for me while I think about what step to take next.

Congrats Mr Kluge, good fight.

I'm sure you will bounce back from this loss Danny. You have a bright future in this sport!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1421701656NYFN31.jpg

NYFN 31 : Beast vs Leblanc Preview

Liam Murdock (0-3) v Daniel Thomas (0-1)
In our first fight of the night, we have two welterweights who are making their NYFN debuts. Liam Murdock is sporting a 0-3 record despite being a well-known BJJ brown belt. Talented boxer Daniel Thomas is 0-1 and really struggled in his first pro fight on the ground. In this classic matchup of striker versus grappler, one fighter will get their first pro win and be off to a great start in NYFN. Daniel Thomas is a monster welterweight and will have a huge height and weight advantage. If he can utilize his reach advantage in this fight, Liam Murdock will be in for a long night.

Paul Frederick (7-10) v Kanga Roos (2-1)
Paul Frederick has been around the block in the light heavyweight division in NYFN. His stint has spanned 13 fights thus far in the organization. Frederick is a solid fighter who tends to grind opponents down, as shown by his 5 decision wins and half of his fights reaching the judges. In this fight, he’s paired against very young and raw Kanaga Roos. Roos is an extremely talented fighter who excels throwing his hands, but also has the ground game to back it all up. I would expect Roos to use his powerful clinch game to take advantage of the relatively average clinch game of Frederick. In a fight that seems lined up for Roos, Frederick will need an amazing performance to have a shot in this one.

Owen Orwell (8-7) v Zorba The Dancing Buddha (4-2)
With a couple straight losses in NYFN, Zorba The Dancing Buddha is certainly trying to put that behind him after starting off 4-0 and appearing to be a legitimate threat at 205 pounds. Buddha is a very talented boxer who has won all of his fights by TKO. Owen Orwell is a submission artist, but don’t let that confuse you, Orwell is also a solid striker. He’ll be at a huge disadvantage against Buddha in the standup, but he’s capable of keeping Buddha on his toes. This fight will more than likely come down to where the fight takes place at. Buddha will want to stay on his feet and away from the great ground game of Orwell.

Tytus Romanski (4-1-1) v Tony Slevin (4-2)
At super heavyweight, we have a treat for fans with this matchup. After an impressive submission win in his NYFN debut, Tony Slevin is looking to take the division by storm with his wonderful boxing and BJJ. Matched up against a great ground and pound wrestler, Slevin’s takedown defense will be tested in this fight. Known as more of an offensive wrestler, Slevin will want to stay away from letting Romanski rain down strikes from on top. If Slevin can keep this fight on the feet, we should have a very evenly matched fight. The one big worry of Romanski has to be getting a little loose on the ground and letting Slevin lock him up in a submission, especially after Slevin’s last submission win.

Jamal Jackson (4-0) v Koji Yano (6-0)
In a battle of two unbeaten fighters at light heavyweight, Jamal Jackson and Koji Yano have proven they have a knack for finishing fights. With 80% of their combined fights ending before the final bell, we should be in for an exciting fight. Jamal Jackson is an elite striker and has showcased that with three of his wins by TKO in the first round. Koji Yano is a more ground oriented fighter, but is just as deadly. With three wins by submission and two by TKO, Yano has proven he’s a threat to finish a fight from anywhere. One thing is for sure, Jamal Jackson will be very aggressive early on throwing bombs. How well Yano handles that will decide the contest.

Killian Murphy (2-0) v Putus Quius (0-0)
In a fight that will certainly captivate the fans, Putus Quius is making his MMA debut on the big stage in NYFN as a ground fighter with zero background in the striking department. At the age of 18, Quius will certainly be tested mentally and physically in this one. At a similar stage in his MMA career, Killian Murphy is a strong boxer who is also trying to round out his game. We have a classic matchup of striker versus grappler once again. The difference is that in this fight, the two fighters have virtually no other known skills other than their primary ability, boxing for Murphy and BJJ for Quius. What some may call weird placement on the card, I think the majority will become enamored with these type of fights.

Buddie Rivera (10-5) v Will Tickel (6-6)
In a battle of two of the best ground fighters in this division and maybe NYFN entirely, we have two guys who flat out know how to finish fights. Buddie Rivera’s last 6 fights have went to the judges, leaving some to question how effective he can be against top tier competition. Rivera is a solid 10-5 though and is rapidly improving his striking. Will Tickel has won his last two bouts at NYFN and boasts very good boxing to go along with his elite ground game. Tickel should have an edge on the feet in this fight, at least with his hands, but Rivera has the potential to do some damage if he can take the fight to the clinch.

Pat O Brien (1-1) v Blind Shaman (2-1)
Pat O Brien will make his NYFN debut with a well matched fight against 19 year old Blind Shaman. Shaman is a very well rounded fighter to be so young and is one of the youngest BJJ black belts in the world. To go along with such a great ground game, Shaman is a very effective striker with all part of his body, particularly his feet. Brien is no slouch as a wrestler and may actually be able to stuff some of the takedown attempts that Shaman typically overpowers his opponents with. One thing is certain, Pat O Brien certainly isn’t dipping his toes into the water with a guy like Blind Shaman as his first fight in anywhere other than a small local fight organization.

Laverne Mazzola (4-0) v Marcin Sokol (8-0)
In another great pairing of two undefeated fighters, this time at 155 pounds, we have two fighters with serious knockout power. Mazzola has all four of his wins at NYFN and has easily finished his last two opponents with his rapidly improving boxing. Marcin Sokol has three of his eight wins at NYFN, but only one has come by way of TKO. Some have mentioned that Sokol may not have the kind of power necessary to dominate NYFN like he did in WCW, but the fact remains that Sokol is a great boxer who doesn’t have to rely on just the knockout. With neither fighter showing much in the way of a ground game, it’ll be a huge surprise to see this fight take place on the ground.

Billy Beast (12-0) v Claude LeBlanc (8-0) Title fight
Light heavyweight champion Billy Beast is putting his title on the line in this fight, as well as his undefeated streak against stud boxer Claude LeBlanc. LeBlanc is undefeated at 8-0 in his own right, but will have to deal with the most powerful fighter he’s ever come across in this one. Billy Beast has been too good to put into words since arriving from Insanity. Defeating the top two fighters at LHW in NYFN in his first two fights in the organization speaks volumes to the kind of talent Beast has. Finishing both contenders by TKO in the very first round, most don’t expect this fight to last long. Counting out Claude LeBlanc is not a good idea though. LeBlanc has a ton of power and is a very capable wrestler. With one shot, LeBlanc could walk away new Light Heavyweight champion.

http://i57.tinypic.com/21l3h2v.jpg

John "The Sledgehammer" Henry (228124)

205lbs

"People say they rather be the hammer not the nail. Those people are mistaken. I would rather be the Sledgehammer. Have you ever seen what a sledgehammer does to a nail? Enough said!"

"Get ready boys the Sledgehammer is coming and yall are just a bunch of nails."

• Upvote 1

Three new Champions were crowned in NYFN in the last two weeks.

Ganger seized the LW belt, Miller took the MW crown and LeBlanc is the new LHW champ. Congrats to the managers! Well done boys.

We also have had a recent influx of talent from the now defunct Hostility org. I'd like to welcome these managers aboard. If you guys have any questions or concerns, feel free to message me.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/27/27w23.jpg

Ben "The Question" Henley (222382)

After taking a bit of time off to trim off some excess fat, my debut at 155 didn't go as planned, losing to the experienced Jonqw Fray.

But i have gone back to see what i have done wrong and this time i step into the cage against Richie Price.

Since then i have added some new weapons to my arsenal, and i am like a little boy who can't wait to play with his new toys.

How am i going to finish you? You think you know the answer? I'll change The Question!

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1423247924NYFN32.jpg

NY Fight Nights 32 : Rynn vs Jonathon preview

Xavier Bishop (2-1) v Miguel Escrima (3-2)
In our first fight of the night, we have two very talented 155 pounders. Xavier Bishop is a very talented muay thai striker with both of his wins coming by way of TKO. Bishop has some very devastating kicks, as well as a solid attack inside the clinch. Miguel Escrima is a very interesting fighter thus far in his MMA career. With all five of his fights ending by way of submission, Escrima’s two losses show he’s vulnerable to falling asleep and getting caught with a submission. His three wins show he’s also a huge threat to pull a submission victory from thin air. With both fighters being very well rounded, we’ll see if Miguel Escrima’s submission streaks continues one way or the other.

Julius Hallava (2-3) v Hammer Fist (1-2)
After debuting with a very impressive head kick TKO win in his NYFN debut, Julius Hallava has had trouble keeping the momentum going. After back to back losses, Hallava picked up a decisive decision win in his last fight, using some vicious leg kicks to keep Johny Shoes off balance. Hammer Fist has suffered a couple first round losses in his first three fights in NYFN and hasn’t been able to showcase his solid ground game. In this fight, Fist should be able to get the fight to the ground, which is a sticking point in the game of Julius Hallava. Once to the ground, Fist should be able to work his way in some very favorable positions.

Sylvester Malone (2-1) v Sebasti Perreira De Souza (8-5)
Once a fast rising prospect shooting up the rankings, Sebasti Perreira De Souza finds himself in a precarious position now. Souza has lost four straight fights since taking NYFN by storm and winning his first five fights. Souza will have a shot in this fight to make a statement against the relatively green Sylvester Malone. Malone is making his NYFN debut after a nice stint in TUM. Mostly known as a ground and pound wrestler, Malone will have his hands full with a great wrestler like Souza. There’s certainly a lot more hype and pop behind Souza, but he hasn’t been given a slam dunk in this fight.

David Smith (4-1) v Bob Probert (7-4)
Successful Warzone fighter David Smith will be making his NYFN debut against Bob Probert. Smith was 4-1 in Warzone and prefers to use his pinpoint boxing in the cage. With all four of his wins by TKO, Smith also boasts real knockout power. Another great striker, Bob Probert has six of his wins by TKO and also prefers to standup and make fights a boxing match. With two very talented strikers these guys, the fight could end at any moment. The flip side to that is that both fighters are disciplined boxers who won’t just walk into big shots. After such a close fight against now light heavyweight champ Claude LeBlanc, Probert has to have a lot of confidence entering this fight.

Rusty Driver (5-4) v Burak Mihalev (10-7)
Rusty Driver is your classic power puncher as far as fighting styles go. After taking the division by storm in NYFN with three straight TKO wins, Driver has been submitted in his last two fights. He’ll have to be conscious on the ground in this fight if he wants to get back to his winning ways. While he has no BJJ skills to speak of, Driver is probably one of the hardest hitters in the loaded super heavyweight division. He’ll need that power against the more ground oriented Burak Mihalev. Mihalev is a very good ground and pound wrestler, but will need to take caution as he is nowhere near the striker that Driver is.

Nicolas Barcos (3-2) v Kurt Lockheart (9-8)
We have a battle of expert ground fighters in this one. Nicolas Barcos is a ground and pound wrestler who is essentially a one trick pony. With no real standup striking, Barcos relies entirely on taking the fight to the ground to inflict his damage. That could be a big problem in this fight, as Kurt Lockheart is also an expert on the ground. Lockheart is also a brown belt in BJJ, but he is very slick with his submissions. With an eye popping seven submission wins, Barcos will have to be very aware on the mat, even if he’s able to do some work on top. If not, Kurt Lockheart will certainly take advantage and lock in a fight ending submission.

Daron Buxton (10-7) v Samson Goldstein (6-2)
In the heaviest division in MMA, you don’t often see black belts in BJJ. Daron Buxton is an exception to that rule though. Buxton has lost his first two fights at NYFN, but his confidence hasn’t been rattled. Buxton is always a threat to win a fight because of his submissions ability. Samson Goldstein is a very well rounded fighter, but is very similar to the rest of the division in his style. A very underrated striker, Goldstein is 3-1 in NYFN and with another win could be moving up the crowded ladder in the 265 pounds plus division. Buxton will be up against it in this fight because of the overall skill level of Goldstein.

Arzlan Bathory (6-2) v Henry Rearden (9-3)
Henry Rearden is known as a very talented fighter on the ground and certainly proved the hype was justified with a win in his NYFN debut. Rearden is a black belt in BJJ and is the complete package in the fact that he has very good ground and pound and also slick submissions. Arzlan Bathory is more of a push forward striker who has no bones on fighting in the clinch or in the standup. Bathory is no rookie on the ground by any means, but is more of a defensive grappler. Bathory’s takedown defense will be put to the ultimate test in this fight. If he passes, he’ll more than likely have a win in his NYFN debut fight.

Johnny Smith (10-3) v Spartacus Halo (6-0-1)
At 6-2 in NYFN and a former Super Heavyweight champion, Johnny Smith brings an element not normally found in the division, submissions. With all of his wins by submission, Smith strikes fear in the heart of all of his opponents. Smith is looking to climb back up and get another title shot, but Spartacus Halo stands in his way. Halo has yet to be defeated at 6-0-1, but also hasn’t fought under the bright lights in NYFN before. He’ll get a real test in his first fight against such a well-known fighter in Johnny Smith. Halo is a very balanced fighter. He mixes it up as well as anyone currently in the division with three wins by submission himself.

Mikaiah Rynn (13-4) v Ben Jonathon (13-9)
In the very stacked light heavyweight division, wins are certainly at a premium. Former champion Mikaiah Rynn successfully defended his title three times before being beaten by Billy Beast, including a successful title defense against opponent Ben Jonathon. In the fight, it took Rynn just 24 seconds to finish Jonathon with a flurry of punches. Since then, Rynn has lost his title but still has that amazing power and desire. Jonathon rebounded in his last fight with a solid submission win, showcasing his very dangerous ground game. If this fight lasts longer than 24 seconds, Rynn has to be careful not to take Jonathon for granted.

• Upvote 2

I'm proud to present to you all the main event of NY Fight Nights 35 :

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14106007577414.png http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13945165273961.png

Arturo "Zico" Atunes vs "Furious" Devin Styles

Atunes is one hell of a motivated young fighter with a big pair of balls. Otherwise you wouldn't dare to call out Devin Styles. This is going to be an epic clash between two top fighters. Both have amazing KO-power, so it wouldn't be a surprise if this fight ends early.

10313513_1091565150869566_91159490794045

• Upvote 2

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag337/MadnessMMA/BruceLeroy3_zps20b485b3.jpg
Akeen Coker (243512)

This coming Saturday, February 21st, 2015 New York Fight Nights will enjoy the debut of a future Tycoon Superstar!! This will be Akeen's first test venturing into the cage against a much older and more experienced fighter however this does not derail the determination and desire burning within him to show the world the greatness to come. Coker is more ready for this fight then any he has previously stepped into the cage for and on the 21st Kyro Maia will learn first hand what many will feel in the near future and that is the fact Coker is more then just a flash in the pan, and will be a force for many years to come!! Akeen has never trained harder for a debut then he has been the past 3 weeks and he is excited to show his new company that even though contract talks were a bit dicey at first, now comes the time he proves it was all worth it!!

• Upvote 1

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag337/MadnessMMA/BruceLeroy3_zps20b485b3.jpg

Akeen Coker (243512)

This coming Saturday, February 21st, 2015 New York Fight Nights will enjoy the debut of a future Tycoon Superstar!! This will be Akeen's first test venturing into the cage against a much older and more experienced fighter however this does not derail the determination and desire burning within him to show the world the greatness to come. Coker is more ready for this fight then any he has previously stepped into the cage for and on the 21st Kyro Maia will learn first hand what many will feel in the near future and that is the fact Coker is more then just a flash in the pan, and will be a force for many years to come!! Akeen has never trained harder for a debut then he has been the past 3 weeks and he is excited to show his new company that even though contract talks were a bit dicey at first, now comes the time he proves it was all worth it!!

I'm looking forward to seeing him make his debut at NYFN next Saturday. We have been able to sign a few great fighters lately who will all be making their debuts at NYFN soon, so a lot of things to look forward to :)