NY Fight Nights

bjornmma1

NY Fight Nights is proud to present to you our newest signing. Max Cassaci is the 185lbs Destiny Champion, but after cleaning out their entire division, he is looking for a new challenge and has signed a contract at NYFN. He'll go back from time to time to Destiny to defend his title when a new challenger presents himself, but his main focus is on NYFN now.

He signed the contract today and took some time to go grab something to eat and do an interview with us.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/24/24w6.jpg

Max Casacci

How does it feel to start a new adventure after having spent your entire career at one org so far ?

Man, it's amazing, it's like a new beginning to my career. They say that if you aren't adavncing, you're going backwards. I needed this : it keeps things fresh, interesting, and challenging of course! I'll still go back to my former org, Destiny FC, once in a while to defend my belt and remember them who's boss in Tokyo (laughs).

Do you think you'll stay your entire career at 185lbs or are you thinking about possibly going up or down in weight one day?

I've considered moving up to 205lbs in the past, to find myself new challenges... but now that I have a whole new roster to compete against... well... let's see how it goes for now! As for cutting down to 170lbs... hmmm... I guess i'll be able to, but i'm Italian you know, I need that pasta!

How great does it feel to be the highest ranked NYFN fighter?

Shit really? I am? ...I feel like i'm not proven yet against NYFN fighter, so i don't see myself above anyone else for now. Let me beat a couple of dudes and then ask me the question again! (laughs)

Where do you see yourself in 2 years?

I see myself being the Middleweight champion in Destiny FC and New-York Fight Nights, and preparing to fight NYFN's 205lbs champ to add that 3rd belt in my collection.

How is training going and can we get an idea of what you are working on?

Training is going good, hell, i'm in the best camp of the world! I'm surrounded by champs and future champs... and what i'm working on? Well i'm working on a book, actually, it's the Italian version of "chicken soup for the soul", and it'll be called "tomato soup for the ass"

Oh, you meant in the gym? That's secret, man...

Who do you think are your toughest tests at NYFN?

At first glance, I would say Miller, Todd and Magn... I don't know who could be the toughest test, but those are the ones I'd like to fight, because they are the top 3 fighters of the Division. Miller has the belt, but he was given the decision against Todd who won the fight in my opinion. Anyway, those 3 guys look dangerous.... dangerous but beatable!

What young fighters are the best talents in the divsion for the future?

At 185? I don't know. But i can tell you who's the next big star at 155 : Elijah Modnar, that's who. The kid is gonna tear shit up until he becomes the champ, and then he's gonna tear shit up some more. You've heard it there first.

Do you have one last message to your fans and the 185lbs division?

Give me a fight against one of the top guys at 185, and once it is over, the message will be pretty clear to everyone : the fans, the middleweights... and even the light-heavyweights will feel the shockwave.

• Upvote 3

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14235967048636.jpg
Calm Like A Bomb

Wow that was fun I must say, I heard whispers backstage prior to the fight that my dickhead of a manager Louie had been going around chirping me saying I was toast, no way I win this one but thanks for showing up. This was a huge motivating factor in my performance tonight!! Instead of entering the cage concerned for my own well being I entered the cage Calm, and then before anyone knew what had happened I exploded like a bomb and ended Halo's night! Nothing pleases me more then to shut that drunk Louie up and send him back to his liquor cabinet to drown in his sorrows!! I had a rough spell there for a time but I think tonights performace shows not only Louie, but all those who matter within NYFN and the fighters in my division not to take me lightly, because I am cool and quiet one second then then BOOM!! Lights out...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

NY Fight Nights 43 : Monday vs Blackburn preview

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1430155141NYFN%2043.jpg

Main event

265+ lbs Mike Monday (9-1) v Brent Blackburn (11-2)

Mike Monday (4-0 NYFN) is coming of his first title defense after securing the belt at NYFN Midweek Mayhem 8 with a victory over Sewy Cide. In his title defense against Hector Hernandez, Mike Monday showed utter dominance. Monday frustrated his opponent’s desire to take the fight to the clinch and instead knocked Hernandez out at the 2:35 mark without even being touched. Brent Blackburn (4-1 NYFN) is coming off his first victory by decision, after securing his first ten victories by way of knockout. Fans are definitely looking for a knockout finish in this title bout as only two fights of the twenty-three on their resumes have ended in anything other than a knockout.

Will Mike Monday be able to keep the title streak going with a fifth straight win despite being under new management?

265+ lbs Derek Boogaard (9-2) v Sewy Cide (11-2)

Derek Boogaard (1-0 NYFN) secured a victory in his debut NYFN fight to bolster his credentials in hope of being a title contender. Next in his pathway is former NYFN belt holder Sewy Cide (4-1 NYFN). Boogaard, in only his second fight of 2015, looks to extend his winning streak to five fights. Sewy Cide boasted a ten fight win streak before losing his second title defense to current champion Mike Monday. Since then, Cide has returned to the win column with a victory over Sinan Yak. Boogaard was 3-1 in title fights when at Hostility while Cide is 2-1 in his NYFN title fights.

Will Sewy Cide take the second step towards rattling off another ten fight winning streak?

265+ lbs Lubomir Mihailovic (13-6) v Hector Hernandez (10-2)

Hector Hernandez (0-1 NYFN) got a shot at the title in his debut NYFN fight, but came up empty handed. Hernandez maintains an impressive record, but has gone 1-2 in his past three fights including two title fight losses. Hernandez, however, is still recognized as a champion as he has a career record of 5-2 in title fights. Hector looks to resume his winning ways when he faces Lubomir Mihailovic (5-4 NYFN). Although he did have a stint of four fights in Russia, the Serbian Mihailovic has primarily opted to train and fight in New York. He was in the first NYFN event after the rebrand and finds himself in his tenth NYFN fight here at NYFN 43. While he was on the losing end, Lubomir’s most recent fight earned fight of the night honors for his first of the night NYFN award.

Which fighter will emerge with a .500 after this bout?

155 lbs Shin Dong Hyuk (12-3) v Dorian Yates (7-2)

Shin Dong Hyuk (0-0 NYFN) may have two title fight losses on his resume, but those losses were to the 27-1 Lil Wayne who dominated both Hilo Fight League and Silent Fighting Championship. Hyuk enters his debut NYFN fight coming off his second loss to Lil Wayne. Hyuk usually takes the fight the distance with eight of his twelve victories coming by way of decision. Dorian Yates (2-0 NYFN) looks to hand Hyuk the latter’s first two fight losing streak in an attempt to push his own winning streak to five fights. Both fighters have shown skill in all phases of mixed martial arts, so it will be interesting to see if one fighter will try to dictate where the fight takes place in a controlled game plan or if both will just go with the flow of what is emerging in the fight.

Which Hyuk’s NYFN debut be bitter or sweet?

185 lbs Coaker Kluge (9-7) v Lucas Pierce (10-4)

Between the two of them, Coaker Kluge (4-3 NYFN) and Lucas Pierce (4-2 NYFN) have thirty fights already and both are looking for a fifth NYFN win. Both are coming off losses to names that are pretty big in NYFN right now. Pierce actually earned himself a title shot, but he suffered only the second knockout loss of his career at the hands of champion Dax Miller. Dax Miller’s opponent following Pierce was Kurtis Couturier. Kluge’s most recent loss was to Couturier at NYFN 37. Kluge is hungry for a win as he has dropped three of his lost four fights.

Which fighter will return to the win column with a fifth NYFN win?

265+ lbs Sinan Yak (13-5) v Thomas Bannon (2-1)

Sinan Yak (4-3 NYFN) looks to avoid dropping three in a row as he faces Thomas Bannon (1-0 NYFN), who is looking for his third career victory. Bannon has relied early in his career on his head kicks to secure him victory. In fact, Bannon has not yet been in a fight that has made it to a third minute. It is possible that can change with the opponent he finds in Yak, but Yak will indeed need to be wary of the high kicks coming from “The Cannon”.

Will Yak suffer both his first head kick loss and first three fight losing skid?

185 lbs Mariusz Linke (4-4) v Kurt Lockheart (9-10)

Mariusz Linke (0-4 NYFN) is still looking for his first NYFN win as he enters his fifth battle on a NYFN card. His opponent this time is Kurt Lockheart (2-7 NYFN). Three of Linke’s four wins have come by submission, but, perhaps unfortunately for him, Lockheart has shown capability on the ground despite last winning by submission in August of 2014.

Will Mariusz Linke be able to avoid a five fight losing streak?

170 lbs Wacka Flocka (0-1) v Liam Murdock (0-4)

Both Wacka Flocka (0-1 NYFN) and Liam Murdock (0-1-1 NYFN) are looking to secure their first mma win. While Murdock has not yet win, he has definitely attempted to work to his strength by taking fights to the ground. Flocka will likely be attempting to tenderize the body with kicks and aiming for the head with his punches.

Which fighter will dominate in his phase of the game and secure his first victory?

185 lbs Soa Balboa (2-1) v Mike Dean (7-9)

Soa Balboa (0-1 NYFN) knows how to train. He hopes to translate that to success in the cage in his second NYFN fight. His foe is the experienced Mike Dean (1-5 NYFN), However, Balboa is the one who actually may need to avoid overconfidence as Mike Dean is on a five fight losing streak.

Will Mike Dean lose any hope of reaching 10 wins before reaching ten losses by dropping a sixth fight in a row?

265+ lbs Farrokh Bulsara (3-1) v Lee Ho (1-1)

Farrokh Bulsara (0-0 NYFN) begins his organizational fighting here at NYFN. The Tanzania native trains in New York and hopes to make a great impression in front of what he is likely to consider a home crowd. Lee Ho (1-1 NYFN) is an Argentinian training out of Las Vegas that has seen himself follow up a debut fight of the night decision win with a decision loss. Ho looks to get back in the win column against Bulsara.

Will Bulsara be able to get a NYFN debut victory with onlooking friends and family in the arena?

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14106007577414.png

Arturo 'Zico' Atunes "Thought it only fair that the greatest fighter to ever grace your cage should pop by and say hello. Once I take care of some business I am gonna take care of your paper champ. I am the linear champ of this org, the fans know it and your champ knows it. Not gonna be long before I return to whupp some ass."

• Upvote 2

I had my ass handed to me last night. I'd like a rematch with Scott page vs don't know in future tho hopefully I can go get few wins under belt again.

Halo gets Sacked. Simples

Don't know is on to bigger things then a rematch :)

Joking aside great fight, the fact that he was able to keep the fight close even though he couldn't take him down is amazing.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/27/27w23.jpg

Ben "The Question" Henley (222382)

Testing Inprogress, that's a funny old name but when i step into that cage with you and the doors shut i also will be testing some things on you. How will I finish you? Will I show off my new standup skills? Will I submit you? How will i KO you? How will I submit you?

So many Questions....

Not sure what you were testing, but props to you for withstanding my shots and not being finished.

I have been working on my striking and i am disappointed that i wasn't able to score my second KO in my career. But a win is a win and i am already back in camp to face my next opponent.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1431095301NYFN%2044.jpg

NY Fight Nights 44: Smith vs Puhovin preview

185 lbs Joe Smith (9-1) Alexander Puhovin (10-3)

Joe Smith (0-0 NYFN) arrives at NYFN with ten fights under his belt. Although all fighters want to be undefeated, Smith will certainly be glad if his early pace of nine wins out of ten holds up for his whole career. Alexander Puhovin (2-0 NYFN) has two of his losses to current fellow NYFN signee Luke Rockstar. In fact, Puhovin’s last fight before coming to NYFN was a second title fight loss to Luke Rockstar. Puhovin, however, will be a tough foe for Smith as Puhovin has launched his NYFN career with two sub of the night awards and Smith’s only loss was by submission.

Will Joe Smith reach win number ten in his debut NYFN fight?

205 lbs Ben Jonathon (14-11) v Aleksey Zulughanov (11-4)

Ben Jonathon (3-4 NYFN) already has twenty-four fights under his belt and looks for win #15 at NYFN 44. Aleksey Zulughanov (2-1 NYFN), a Russian training out of Amsterdam returns to NYFN after a three fight stint in Amsterdam near his training buddies. Jonathon has an impressive ten submissions to his credit including his first RNC submission in his most recent fight. Zulughanov may utilize an unorthodox approach to striking, but he does indeed have nine of his eleven wins coming by way of knockout. This should be an intriguing match of opposite styles.

Will Aleksey’s return to NYFN result in a tenth knockout victory?

205 lbs Indigo Starseed (11-5) v Anakoni Kai (6-2)

Indigo Starseed (1-0 NYFN) was involved in his sixth straight fight that went the distance in his debut NYFN win. Starseed’s final bout before coming to NYFN was a shot at the title at Troid. The fight was disappointing as Starseed lost the title match to a foe he had just beaten two fights earlier. Here at NYFN 44 Starseed will face Anakoni Kai (0-0 NYFN). Anakoni has only been in one fight in his past five that has gone past the first round. Kai usually relies on his fists to get the job done in the first round.

Which Starseed be able to take the fight the distance or will Anakoni continue his string of quick fights?

205 lbs Adolfo Constanzo (4-1) v Jamal Jackson (5-1)

Adolfo Constanzo (0-1 NYFN) looks like he is positioning himself to unleash devastating head kicks. His debut NYFN bout was an initial taste of org fighting and he found himself on the wrong end of a KO punch. Constanzo will look for his first win and the opportunity to unleash his lethal head kicks against Jamal Jackson (1-1 NYFN). “Jacked” Jamal Jackson is coming off a loss after his NYFN debut win. Prior to coming to NYFN, Jackson took a year away from the cage so as to hone his skills. The four fights he had for Sisu fights back in December 2013 and January 2014 were all wins and included his winning the Murderer’s Row Light Heavyweight Tournament.

Which fighter will follow up his first career loss with a return to the W column?

185 lbs Sylvester Malone (3-1-1) v Luka Janko (6-1-1)

Sylvester Malone (0-1-1 NYFN) and Luka Janko (2-1-1 NYFN) meet again to settle what could not be settled in their NYFN 38 draw. It was the third of three rounds in that bout that was too close to call. Or rather, was too close to call for two of the judges. Judge Jorge Garcia gave the round 10-9 to Sylvester Malone. Both these fighters, although both having their first fights on record in November 2013, would be considered early on in their careers. Luka’s loss came in his second NYFN bout and Sylvester’s loss came in December 2013.

Will either fighter utilize a more aggressive style in hopes of avoiding having to go to the cards once again?

205 lbs Benjamin BK (4-1) v Zorba the Dancing Buddha (6-2)

Benjamin BK (2-0 NYFN) started his NYFN career with a KO of the night performance followed up by another KO win. Benjamin looks to stay undefeated in 2015 as he faces off against Zorba the Dancing Buddha (4-2 NYFN). Zorba himself is coming off of two KO of the night NYFN performances. Fans will be looking forward to seeing a flurry of fists in this fight. In fact, Zorba’s most recent win came by way of superman punch.

Will Fans be treated to a third KO of the night performance by Zorba the Dancing Buddha?

170 lbs Tim Pierno (4-1) v Max Cardamom (5-3)

Max Cardamum (3-0 NYFN) decided to start out the New Year with a new org. 2015 at NYFN has indeed been sweet for Max as he earned a shot at being the initial NYFN 170 champion on the strength of three straight first round finishes. His foe, Tom Pierno (4-1 NYFN), enters the cage on a four-fight win streak. While Tim Pierno relies often on heavy hitting, he does have capability on the ground including his fastest win being an submission by armbar. Cardamom is more comfortable going for the win on the ground with 4 of his wins coming by submission, but he has boxing skills as well.

Who will be the first crowned NYFN 170 champion?

170 lbs Demetrius Jayson (2-0) v Uri Haber (3-0)

In only the third fight of his career, Demetrius Jayson (0-0 NYFN) will already be fighting for his third org. The Jamaican now brings his talents to New York after winning his debut fight in Los Angeles and his follow up fight in Amsterdam. Like Demetrius, Uri Haber (3-0 NYFN) has only faced two opponents, but Haber has 3 wins as he was victorious over Craig Jones twice. Uri has the trifecta in his first three fights winning once each by submission, decision, and knockout.

Which fighter will emerge from the cage remaining undefeated?

170 lbs Jon Snow (5-2) v Killian Murphy (3-1)

Jon Snow (5-2 NYFN) is a NYFN fan favorite as he secured the win in the NYFN 170 lb Tournament Final over Chase Warsaw at Hyashi’s Lounge with his submission of the night performance. Snow’s 2015 hasn’t been as sweet as his 2014 tourney run, but he looks to start a new winning streak as he faces Killian Murphy (1-1 NYFN). Murphy is coming off the first loss of his career in which he was cut early by his opponent. Killian will look to protect his face better after losing hios most recent fight due to cut stoppage.

Which fighter will successfully avoid a two-game fighting skid?

185 lbs Dominic Tatum (3-4) v Cal Naughton (1-3)

The fight pitting Dominic Tatum (3-4 NYFN) against Cal Naughton (1-3 NYFN) features two

Fighters who have had their entire careers at NYFN. Both fighters debuted at NYFN 7 in August 2014. After reeling off three consecutive losses, Naughton took a break from fighting to focus on training. It looks like the decision paid off as he is coming off his first win. Dominic Tatum has yet to put together a string of two wins, but he still has enough of a threat in his kicks that opponent’s must remain alert.

Will Naughton be able to pull off a second win?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bubba Kush, you may have a funny name but i know inside that cage you are no joke. I am on a bit of a win streak here so i plan to keep that momentum going. So The Question is how am i going to do it? Will i show off my new striking or will i go back to what i know and submit you? Not long to go before we find out...

Bubba Kush, you may have a funny name but i know inside that cage you are no joke. I am on a bit of a win streak here so i plan to keep that momentum going. So The Question is how am i going to do it? Will i show off my new striking or will i go back to what i know and submit you? Not long to go before we find out...

Good luck Ben!

• 5 months later...