NY Fight Nights

bjornmma1

INTERVIEW WITH CARLOS HULK

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1b10.jpg

Carlos Hulk

How was your experience at ITFL ?

It was a great experience. I started the championship as the underdog because I had less fights and a higher ID than the others fighters, but I think after a few wins I could change that. My team finished in second and I was in a good position in the first stage. Unfortunately in the second stage I took a good opponent, with a very good manager, and lost in a close decision. This fight was the typical fight of striker vs. grappler, and I did not have luck.

What is your favorite part of MMA?

KO, of course.I hate these fighters who like to win by decision. They are the worst in MMA and do some fights have less and less interest.

How did you get into MMA?

Few people know, but I started training BJJ sduring my childhood, in Rio de Janeiro. One day I went into a boxing gym and fell in love instantly. Unfortunately my parents were very poor and could not invest in me as a fighter. I started doing amateur fights for a few bucks and I began to have an excellent performance, with some great knockouts, which ended up on youtube. It was thanks to those videos that my manager Moyses Mattos found me, at 16 years old. Moyses has excellent fighters and I was very happy to have aroused his curiosity. He invited me to do a sparring with the super Rock Tyson. We had a fight for 5 rounds, he detonated me, but I was not knocked out. Then I thought, if this guy knocked out all the fighters and I survived, I think I have some talent. At that moment, I saw that it was serious.

Does your family support your career as a cagefighter?

They did not support me because they thought MMA did not give money. But when I presented my mother with a mansion in front of the beach, I think they changed their minds. lol

My real family today is made by my team. It is great to have as a brother Rafa Silva, Rock Tyson, Pablo Escobar and the others. They are the best example I could have.

What are your goals for 2015?

I wil be top 100 p4p in the world.Simple

Are you looking forward to your NYFN debut ?

I do not expect anything other than a knockout. On second thought, the knockout of the night would be ideal

How is training camp going?

I'm paying more attention more in my strength than my weaknesses. I am very confident on my power. My camp has been great fun. I can not say the name, but has a fighter in my gym that is top 100 that has been knocked out twice. lol

Do you have a message to the rest of the division?

Watch the chin!

Carlos is gonna have to watch his chin in his next fight

INTERVIEW WITH CARLOS HULK

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1b10.jpg

Carlos Hulk

How was your experience at ITFL ?

It was a great experience. I started the championship as the underdog because I had less fights and a higher ID than the others fighters, but I think after a few wins I could change that. My team finished in second and I was in a good position in the first stage. Unfortunately in the second stage I took a good opponent, with a very good manager, and lost in a close decision. This fight was the typical fight of striker vs. grappler, and I did not have luck.

What is your favorite part of MMA?

KO, of course.I hate these fighters who like to win by decision. They are the worst in MMA and do some fights have less and less interest.

How did you get into MMA?

Few people know, but I started training BJJ sduring my childhood, in Rio de Janeiro. One day I went into a boxing gym and fell in love instantly. Unfortunately my parents were very poor and could not invest in me as a fighter. I started doing amateur fights for a few bucks and I began to have an excellent performance, with some great knockouts, which ended up on youtube. It was thanks to those videos that my manager Moyses Mattos found me, at 16 years old. Moyses has excellent fighters and I was very happy to have aroused his curiosity. He invited me to do a sparring with the super Rock Tyson. We had a fight for 5 rounds, he detonated me, but I was not knocked out. Then I thought, if this guy knocked out all the fighters and I survived, I think I have some talent. At that moment, I saw that it was serious.

Does your family support your career as a cagefighter?

They did not support me because they thought MMA did not give money. But when I presented my mother with a mansion in front of the beach, I think they changed their minds. lol

My real family today is made by my team. It is great to have as a brother Rafa Silva, Rock Tyson, Pablo Escobar and the others. They are the best example I could have.

What are your goals for 2015?

I wil be top 100 p4p in the world.Simple

Are you looking forward to your NYFN debut ?

I do not expect anything other than a knockout. On second thought, the knockout of the night would be ideal

How is training camp going?

I'm paying more attention more in my strength than my weaknesses. I am very confident on my power. My camp has been great fun. I can not say the name, but has a fighter in my gym that is top 100 that has been knocked out twice. lol

Do you have a message to the rest of the division?

Watch the chin!

Being a manager who had one of my fighters compete against Carlos Hulk, I'll be interested in seeing how he does.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1425561549NYFN%2037.jpg

NY Fight Nights 37 Hernandez vs Monday preview

Main event:

Hector Hernandez (10-1) Vs Mike Monday (8-1)

The super heavyweight title is on the line as Mike Monday defends against Hector Hernandez. Hernandez will be making his promotional debut but make no mistake about it, he is more than deserving of this title shot. Hernandez is a striker who's mostly known for grinding out his opponents in the clinch before finishing them off. He made his name in Hilo, where he quickly managed to get his hands on the super heavyweight belt. After the org he was in closed, he went to another org in Hilo where he got his hands on the heavyweight belt in his promotional debut. He's already won a belt once before in a promotional debut, so he'll be looking to do it again.

Mike Monday will be defending his title for the first time since winning it last month. Mike has some serious power in his hands which he showed once more in his last fight. Mike is a well rounded athlete who can take care of himself no matter where the fight takes place. Both of these fighters are evenly matched but while Hector might have a slight advantage in the clinch, Mike may have the advantage on the ground. So if Mike is smart he might want to take this fight to ground. Mike also ran into the some trouble when his manager decided to part ways with him, so if he doesn't find a new manager soon he might be facing his first challenger with nobody in his corner.

Co-main event:

Derek Boogaard (8-2) Vs Lubomir Mihailovic (13-5)

This is a match with some serious title implications for the winner as both men are already at the top of the food chain in the super heavyweight division. Both guys are known for letting their fists do all the talking in the cage, so expect some fireworks when these rhinos collide. Like the challenger in the main event, Derek is another import from Hilo. He was the last heavyweight champion in his last org where he actually won the belt against Hector Hernandez - who will also be making his promotional debut in the main event. Lubomir is currently riding a three fight winning streak but they all ended in a decision. If Lubomir wants to make his case for a title shot he'll have to impress and finishing off Derek Boogaard should do just that. This will be a fist fight that could end with a single punch from either guy and since this match has title implications they will both be looking to impress, so this should be a must-see fight.

Kurtis Couturier (12-3-1) Vs Coaker Kluge (9-6)

Kurtis Couturier will be making his highly anticipated debut against Coaker Kluge. Kurtis made a name for himself putting his fists to use, winning 8 of his 12 victories by KO or TKO. After gaining a 10-1 record he was granted a title opportunity in his last org. unfortunately he lost that fight and the fight after that by decision. He managed to snap his two fight losing streak with a decision victory before running into another speed bump when his next match ended in a draw. He managed to get back on track with another decision victory, but don't be mistaken this guy is a finisher who's never been finished and he'll be hungry for victory with a possible title shot in the balance. Coaker managed to snap a two fight losing streak in his last fight, so he won't be under as much pressure as he's been lately. Coaker may be the underdog but he's a dangerous striker with nothing to lose and everything to gain against a high profile fighter. This could be Coaker's chance to break from the mould and start a new winning streak.

Sinan Yak (13-4) Vs Sewy Cide (10-2)

A classic striker Vs grappler fight as both super heavyweights will look to rebound from their latest loss. Sinan is a talented grappler who was on an impressive three fight winning streak, which caught the attention of NY Fight Nights' management and lead him to a high profile fight against Lubomir Mihailovic. Unfortunately for Sinan the winning streak was snapped and now he'll need a victory to put a stop to his descent in the division. Clearly things didn't go as planned for Sewy in his last fight as he got finished by Mike Monday in the second round thus losing the title he had worn for three months. Now Sewy is going back to the drawing board, but a win over Sinan may take him one step closer to another shot at the gold. Sewy is a powerful striker who's always looking for the knockout. Even though he's mostly known for his fast and powerful hands, he's not afraid to mix things up. As long as Sewy can avoid Sinan taking him to the mat and holding him there, he just needs to connect once and this fight could be over.

Ben Henley (11-8) Vs Tor Troeng (15-4)

The well rounded 'intelligent' Tor Troeng will need to put his intelligence to use if he wants to avoid being taken down by the talented grappler Ben Henley. Ben Henley came back perfectly from a loss when he grinded out the dangerous striker Richie Price, but if Ben doesn't want to end up being a gatekeeper he'll need to be more consistent in racking up those wins. Tor Troeng came to NY Fight Nights with high hopes, riding an impressive seven fight win streak. Tor had some trouble adjusting in this org as he lost his first three fights. Luckily he managed to pick himself up and dust himself off. He came back with a vengeance as he knocked out Barao DeSilva and Lil Jon in devastating fashion, he'll want to keep things going against Ben Henley. Tor will want to put his fists to use while Ben Henley will be looking to avoid Tor's dangerous strikes and put him on his Keester.

Buzz Lightbeer (2-1) Vs Barao DeSilva (2-2)

The two combatants enter on opposite footing. Where buzz is coming off his first victory under new management, Barao is riding a two fight losing streak and comes to the cage hoping to rebound from a terrifying knockout loss to Tor Troeng in January. Buzz has some impressive striking skills but he'll need to start finishing people if he wants to separate himself from the pack. He could be looking to do just that against the Brazilian jiu-jitsu ace. Black belt Barao DeSilva may shine when the fight goes to the ground but he has enough skills to take care of himself even if the fight doesn't go there. Barao will be under a lot of pressure to break his current two fight losing streak, but a cornered animal is a dangerous animal so Buzz needs to be careful if he wants to walk away victorious.

Killian Murphy (3-0) Vs Leon Khan (4-0)

One of these youngsters will taste the first defeat of his career while the other will remain undefeated. Killian is a twenty year old Irish boxing machine with some decent Brazilian jiu-jitsu, he's always looking for a finish and has the skills to do it. Leon is a clinch fighter but he's had some trouble to make weight in his last fight which caused a no contest. If Killian wants to win he just needs to stay out of the clinch and keep doing the things he's been doing since it's worked for him so far. For Leon the fight has already started, he'll need to stay focused and make sure he makes weight. If he can do that, he'll need to close the distance and stick to his opponent like white on rice if he wants to come out on top.

Mariusz Linke (4-3) Vs Cal Naughton (0-3)

Who can keep his career from falling down the abyss and who could be looking at early retirement? Both of these guys need to get their act together and end their current three fight losing streak if they still want to have a future in this sport. Mariusz started out his career with a four fight winning streak in some quick fights but he started crashing and burning when he got signed to face some real competition. Mariusz has some slick submission skills but he'll need to take a bath and put some fresh clothes on if he wants to have a chance of winning. Cal is a jack of all trades but a master of none, he needs to clearly choose which style he wants to use and stick to it if he wants to win his first fight.

Little Hardon (2-3) Vs Star Dust (9-3-1)

The battle of prospects, Little Hardon has the necessary skills to become a world champion but he hasn't been performing the way he should have. He's coming off a win so the pressure is off and he'll be able to perform to the best of his abilities when he faces the experienced Star Dust. Little is a Muay Thai fighter who'll be looking to punish his opponent with vicious kicks, knees and elbows. Star Dust is an experienced all-round martial artist who's looking to get back on the winning track and make an impressive promotional debut. He can finish the fight wherever it goes and if he doesn't underestimate his opponent this could end up being a one-sided beat down.

Musta Laine (0-2) Vs Wacka Flocka (0-0)

Another battle of prospects as the well rounded Musta Laine faces the newcomer Wacka Flocka. Musta hasn't been able to win but the experience he gained in his two losses could make the difference in this fight. Not much is known about the newcomer Wacka Flocka but Musta on paper looks like the better ground fighter. Musta should look to capitalize on his experience and take this fight to the ground to be victorious. Will Musta be victorious for the first time in his career or will the unknown Transnistrian Wacka Flocka walk away with the win? Find out at NYFN 37.

Thank you to Alika Webb for this great preview!

• Upvote 2

Being a manager who had one of my fighters compete against Carlos Hulk, I'll be interested in seeing how he does.

don't know got shitload of power and amazing stand up skills. Carlos never faced anyone like that and we will see if he can handle it

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/27/27w23.jpg

Ben "The Question" Henley (222382)

Well after being undersized in the Middleweight division, i took a bit of time to slim down to a more natural Lightweight where i feel really light.

Tor, you look like an absolute beast with knockout power. But as you can see, i have been working on my striking too! I recently got my first TKO win and i gotta say, as fun as it is to make someone tap out it is just as much fun to knock them senseless.

Now... How do you prepare for a guy like me? Am i gonna take you down and submit you with ease? Or will i play with my new toys and beat you at your own game? Think you know the answer? I change The Question!

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/20/20w10.jpg

Will Tickel

Hey Rockstar, I see you ain't doing anything next month.. neither am I, wanna have a little scrap in the cage? Don't worry I won't keep you in there for long, I'll make it a quick night for you. Submit you, get my hand raised then go off and have a beer, you game?

• Upvote 1

Ha ha. Wish I knew how to put my guys avatar on the forum like that

First go to your fighter page, click right on the avatar and press 'copy url image' . Then go the forum, start a new post and click on the green square 'image' and copy the link in it and press enter and it's there :)

if you want to link his fighter page to a word or to the picture, click on the word or picture and then go to the symbol two spots left of the image logo and copy the url of the page there and press enter.

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14233953628691.jpg

Akeen Coker (243512)

Tomorrow night is easily the biggest challenge of my very young career!! I look forward to the chance to test myself against an older fighter who is managed by one of the top 10 managers in the game today. However with all that said I show no fear, I feel no hesitation and tomorrow night Helix Cabrera you will experience it first hand! Even though I know this will be a huge test I also know it is one that I can overcome and come out the victor. I hope you bring your "A" game to the cage tomorrow night, because you will certainly need it!

• Upvote 2