World of Mixed Martial Arts 4

markyosullivan

I know there's plenty of us who are big fans of the series so I thought it'd be best making a topic about the new game which will be released early December. The developer has said this:

The trial \ public beta version will be released on Tuesday 2nd December. This gives you access to the entire game, but with restrictions on how long (in game time) you can play for (I haven't yet decided how long this will be yet).

The full retail version will be released on Tuesday 9th December.

Here's a list of all the new / improved features taken from the developer journal thread on the Grey Dog Software forums. If you want to learn more about the feature, click the link.

#1: New Database
#2: Referees
#3: Editable Event Names
#4: Interim Titles
#5: Automatic Contract Renewals
#6: Multiplayer
#7: Company-Specific Win-Loss Records
#8: Judges
#9: Local Shows
#10: Pre-Set Contract Offers
#11: Quick Populate Fighters
#12: Editable Character Names
#13: Improved Hall Of Fame
#14: Quick Add Entire Show
#15: Fighter Attributes
#16: Fight Metrics
#17: Improved Rankings
#18: Editable Team Names
#19: AI Injury Handling
#20: Unlimited Shows \ Multiple TV Episodes
#21: Announcers
#22: More Dynamic Web Stories
#23: Smart Importers
#24: Smarter Fighting
#25: Broadcasters
#26: New Weight Classes
#27: Main Event Round Structure
#28: Team Improvements (Part I)
#29: Team Improvements (Part II)
#30: Reality TV Shows
#31: Earnings Tracker
#32: Upgraded Website
#33: Scouting
#34: Inducements
#35: Selecting Fights To Watch
#36: Upgraded Negotiations
#37: Drug Usage
#38: AI Expanding Weight Classes
#39: Era-Based Generated Fighter Settings
#40: Replay Play-By-Play
#41: Quick Fight Histories
#42: Editable TV Names
#43: AI Booking
#44: Hiatus
#45: Personal Assistant
#46: Company-Specific Backgrounds
#47: Editable Training Rate
#48: Marketing
#49: Forming Your Own Network
#50: Fight Engine Overhaul

I don't think they've confirmed what date the game will start at, maybe it might be later than the last game with some of the best fighters in WMMA 3 now in the WMMA 4 Hall of Fame, who knows.

If there's enough demand for it and we get enough people helping out, perhaps we could release an MMA Tycoon world mod for WMMA 4 with the game having organisations, gyms and fighters from the MMA Tycoon world.

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to the game. Very curious about the multiplayer part.. If that is something that works well, it is something that would make this an extremely fun game.

As for the database of MMAT - It's LOADS of work haha, would we not need to work all in 1 database or can we add in specific topics into one? If so, then it would be easy-ish to do, just time consuming.

Looking forward to the game. Very curious about the multiplayer part.. If that is something that works well, it is something that would make this an extremely fun game.

mutliplayer sounds cool, would maybe be pretty tedious waiting for everyone to . The weak AI is the worst part of the game and this would alleviate it.

We should definitely get a tycoon multiplayer going after release.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately the beta is not looking that good at all so far and i do not mean the bugs (which we have a lot of). For some unusual reason the match making section has become more difficult to use. Finding talent via the search is a pain now and the overall look it also probably worse off. There are a few nice additions in the game such as the reality show, the ability to push talent you want in your child promotions, plus the contract procedure is better now, as it the speed, but i expected a significant improvement considering the wait we have had and the database is still very shallow after the 4th incarnation of the game.

I will wait until the official release is posted, but so far it looks like it could be a flop.

• Downvote 2

It runs much better and the commentary/fight pbp is really improved. The reality show option looks pretty cool. They only give you twelve weeks in the demo though, so not enough time to run and see the results.

There is going to be a big database increase before retail release, maybe their will be another image for Mentor to steal for his shitty org.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We just released WMMA4. You can now get it or the free trial at our website:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/home.php

Anyone picked up WMMA4 full version yet? I'm undecided at the minute and might wait until more people post their feedback on the GDS forums or here if anyone has bought it. I think that if I get skin created by one of the guys on the GDS forums, it'll make the game a lot more enjoyable.

I'm gutted that you can't do the 1 night tournaments any more, always used them in the Dawn of MMA mod :(

I am also on the fence of getting it or not. I do like WMMA3 but in the end I just prefered MMAT as you deal with real people. So in WMMA4, the only thing that really captures my attention is the online mode. If that is done right, then it might make it a lot more fun in the long run.

Also I saw a screenshot of the menus, and it looks a bit outdated IMO, and WMMA3 even looked more fresh and new then this current one. I'd say i'll wait for it drop in price, but yeah... U.S. $34.95. is what I paid for WMMA3, guess what price it is today :D

I am also on the fence of getting it or not. I do like WMMA3 but in the end I just prefered MMAT as you deal with real people. So in WMMA4, the only thing that really captures my attention is the online mode. If that is done right, then it might make it a lot more fun in the long run.

Also I saw a screenshot of the menus, and it looks a bit outdated IMO, and WMMA3 even looked more fresh and new then this current one. I'd say i'll wait for it drop in price, but yeah... U.S. $34.95. is what I paid for WMMA3, guess what price it is today :D

They've got a terrible pricing strategy. Think most of the old games are all the same price.

You will need to wait for a while then because they do not drop prices almost ever.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1