United States Fighting Championship - Official Smack Talk Thread

DBM2

USFC 33

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1429584937USFC%2033.jpg

Corey Parker (7-1) defeats Soa Palelei (6-2) by TKO (Strikes) R4 4:57 265 lbs Title

In a stunning upset, Corey Parker reclaimed his heavyweight title to become the first two-time champion in USFC history! Palelei knocked out Parker in the first round to claim the crown in February, handing Parker the only loss of his career. Coming in as a heavy favorite, Palelei was expected to deliver another highlight reel finish and propel the Mike Jursllla camp into the #1 ranking on its 1st anniversary! But, manager Martin O, who approaches his own 1st anniversary next week, had Parker ready to spoil the party in big way! Parker scored the early takedown in Round 1 and began wearing on Palelei's stamina, securing the round on points. Palalei picked up his pace to start Round 2, scoring to the jaw of Parker and delivering good leg kicks. Parker stuck to his game plan and took Palelei back down, controlling until the final seconds when Palelei was able to take Parker's back and sink in the hooks as time expired. Parker took control of the fight in the third, scoring an early takedown before a stand up, then moving into the clinch game. Palelei began to look very tired as Parker picked up his volume of strikes, landing a good percentage to the body. As the round came to a close, a short right rocked Palelei who then quickly broke the clinch. Parker rushed forward and delivered a big knee below the belt, dropping Palelei in a heap! Balls smashed, low on energy, but big on heart, the champ managed to stand and resume the fight. As the two rose off of their stools for Round 4, Palelei looked done while Parker's corner yelled to go get the finish! Parker immediately clinched and began his onslaught of short punches from in close, chopping away at Palelei's body. Parker scored a takedown, but the champ hung on and was able to force a standup. Without any energy left, Palelei could not stop another takedown, and Parker began to land with good ground and pound. The volume of strikes became too much for the exhausted champ as a vicious elbow slid through from side control, then a good knee to the body, then another hard elbow that hurt Palelei! Parker showed killer instinct, unloading a barrage of heavy shots to finish the fight, then leaped onto the cage to salute the frenzied fans cheering the unexpected finish! It was a spectacular scene as Parker reclaimed his spot as the baddest man in the USFC, setting up a trilogy for the ages! Palelei congratulated the new champion and made no excuses, saying, "Parker had the better fight plan tonight." The USFC congratulates Mike Jursllla on an impressive top ten ranking on his first birthday, and Martin O for claiming another world title in his first year of MMA management!

Edu Alvarez (6-2) defeats Bible Basher (4-2) by Decision (Split) R3*

Alvarez and Basher earned the Fight Of The Night in a war determined by the judges' preference in styles. Basher took control of the stand up early, working the jab ahead of leg kicks. Alvarez landed a good shot, but was clearly looking for the takedown. Basher kept it standing long enough to take the first round, but Alvarez dominated the second with hard ground and pound as Basher attempted to scramble out. With his face busted up, Basher scored a hard leg kick that stumbled Alvarez to begin the third. It was clear Basher was in control of the exchanges, but Alvarez was able to get the takedown and work enough to get the nod on two of the three judges' cards. Some of the crowd booed as the decsion was read, feeling Basher had done enough on his feet to get the win, but Alvarez controlled the where the action took place the majority of the fight, picking up a hard fought victory.

Michal Korek (4-1) defeats Christopher Longstreet (5-4) by KO (Punch) R2 2:39*

Korek and Longstreet put on a show in a back and forth thriller! Longstreet opened with sharp punches that rocked Korek just seconds into the fight! Longstreet poured it on, but Korek hung tough, throwing back with hard shots of his own and landing a good inside elbow before the end of the first. Longstreet brought the pressure to start the second, landing a good shot to Korek's jaw. Korek stayed composed, and moved in with head and body combinations to rock Longstreet! As Longsteet back pedaled on wobbly legs, Korek came over the top with a right to put Longstreet out cold! The comeback win earned Knockout Of The Night honors and was a close runner up for FOTN.

Sven Jergensen (3-3) defeats Vernon La Grande (10-3) by Decision (Unanimous) R3

Sven Jergensen gets a huge victory over former champion Vernon La Grande in an inspiring three round performance! Sven used superior wrestling to maintain dominant position throughout the majority of the fight, and helped La Grande to set a new USFC record for most ground strikes defended! The pace and pressure was too much for the favored veteran as Jergensen seemed on a mission from start to finish. Jergensen, known to call out and fight the biggest names in the division, immediately asked to face #1 ranked Ferenz Balas! The fans cheered as Balas entered the cage to accept the fight and an intense staredown ensued. "Venomous" Vernon will look to rebound from the first losing streak of his career and return to championship form.

Anon Ymous (4-0) defeats Tim Hawk (3-4) by TKO (Strikes) R1 3:58

Tim Hawk put up a valiant effort against Anon Ymous, scrambling well with the undefeated brown belt. But in the end, the 30 pound weight difference was too much as Anon Ymous mounted and finished with hammerfists. Tim popped right up and signed at 145, where many believed he belonged all along. When owner David Morrison was asked about the weight mismatch, Morrison responded, "Tim's eccentric, sort of like BJ Penn, or even Cowboy. He'll call wanting a big fight at welterweight, then next thing I know he weighs 145 and still wants to fight. This guy is a legend, a founding fighter of the USFC. When Tim wants to fight, we don't say no. I'm extremely happy to see him at his true weight, and ready to add another chapter to his legacy in the USFC."

Santi Santoro (5-4) defeats Maxim Taisumov (5-6) by Submission (Strikes) R2 4:59

Former champion Santi Santoro moved back up the rankings with an impressive win over veteran Maxim Taisumov. Santoro kept the fight on the ground, threatening with sub attempts throughout the first and most of the second rounds. Then a hard elbow got through, some good punches, then another brutal elbow that broke Taisumov's will as he rolled over and tapped! Santoro gave notice that he wants his title back, resigning just hours before the victory!

Brain Buro (5-2) defeats Sam Slapper (3-4) by TKO (Strikes) R1 2:16

Brain Buro and Sam Slapper were quick with the fireworks as the two met in the middle and began to exchange! Both landed good strikes, but it was Buro who rocked Slapper with the early punch. Slapper fired right back, as Buro continued to charge with big shots. Slapper clinched, but Buro muscled out and dropped Slapper with a big right hand! Slapper stood up to get floored again before Buro finished it off with a flurry of strikes! Buro has now won 5 out of 6 in the USFC and remains a top contender at 145.

Nash Banks (2-1) defeats Patrick Burns (1-2) by TKO (Strikes) R1 2:24

Nash Banks avenged his debut loss against Patrick Burns in dramatic fashion! Banks has rebounded from the decision loss with two finishes by TKO and looks to move into the world featherweight rankings. Burns has suffered two TKO losses since the win but remains dangerous in any fight. After Banks tagged Burns early, Burns went wild, landing big shots in the flurry! But Banks remained composed, using his boxing skill to counter, rocking Burns as he surged forward. Burns continued to charge on wobbly legs as Banks took full advantage, landing a spectacular left, right, uppercut, spinning backfist to put Burns down for good before jumping on top and wailing away for the finish!

Rose Red (3-2) defeats Zack Mooneyham (3-4) by Decision (Unanimous) R3

Rose Red absolutely dominated Zack Mooneyham, peppering him with a variety of strikes from the outside and clinch over three rounds. But two kicks made the fight seem a lot closer than 30:27 as Mooneyham dropped Red with a big head kick seconds into the fight! Red got up and began to take over until midway through the second when Mooneyham connected with another monster headkick to drop Red again! This time Red was rocked and looked to be in big trouble! Red smarlty clinched until just before the end of the round and continued to dominate with srtikes until the end of the fight.

Chiun Remo (5-6) defeats Jamal Mohammed (5-21) by Submission (Guillotine) R2 4:41*

Chiun Remo gets the Submission Of The Night with a guillotine choke in the final seconds of Round 2. The two blue belts exchanged submission attempts for most of the fight, but it was Remo who got the choke from mount! Mohammed is still looking for his first win in the org while Remo has now won two of three since coming to the USFC.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/41/41a1.jpg

Nash Banks

2-1

I've gotten over my nerves from my debut and I've tightened up my game. I found my niche and I already feel like a seasoned vet, after some talking with my manager I've resigned with this fantastic organization, and I'm ready to rumble. Who's the next fighter that thinks they can keep pace with my boxing?

• Upvote 1

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2m4vn83.jpg

USFC owner David Morrison stopped by the Fox studios to discuss this past weekend's events, USFC 34 & 35!

Anik: Welcome, David! We finally got you on the set! Let's get right to it. Two great cards this weekend! What was your favorite moment?

Morrison: Man, that's a tough one Jon, but I'm going to have to go with Fenix vs Karalahti. What a fight, easily the Fight Of The Night, and one of my favorite fights in the USFC, thusfar!

Stann: I agree, that was one of the greatest MMA fights, period. But the decision was questionable. Did you think Fenix won it?

Morrison: Leave it Stann to put me on the spot. No, I gave the fight to Karalahti. The first two rounds were close, but I thought the judges got it right in splitting them. I gave the third round to Karalahti. It was close, but I thought he landed the better shots and edged out Fenix. Karalahti's manager called me minutes after the fight, asking for an immediate rematch. I had the paperwork ready to go as I wanted Round 4 before the decision was ever read. Fenix accepted right away and promised to keep the judges out of it next time. June 5th, baby! We're gonna' settle this how its meant to be settled- in the cage!

Cruz: Hey, Dave, its a pleasure to finally meet you. I have to say I was most impressed with Laverne Mazzola knocking out Corvo Attano. Does that win put him in line for a title shot?

Morrison: You look even more like Eddie Munster in person. What's with the glasses? Listen, I can't say enough good things about the entire Martin O camp. Those guys are fucking warriors!

Anik: We're live, bossman.

Morrison: Fucking awesome! Then let me say that Mazzola did not come out of that fight unscathed and I felt that he may need some time to recover and took him off of the May 23rd card. The card since filled, but Mazzola did call me and say that he was ready to fight on short notice if needed. That kind of attitude is what champions are made of. Personally, I'd like to see him fight the Gracie/Mills winner for the title next.

Stann: A lot of those guys came over to cross train at ATT and let me tell you they are tough! Extremely smart fighters.

Morrison: Yeah, its their core training regimen under Martin O. Listen, he's been in MMA one year tomorrow. In the past week he's brought Corey Parker in to recapture the heavyweight title from the Mike Jursllla camp, which is impressive enough on its own, but then got the finish to remain undefeated with Mazzola, and Javier Martinez joined Parker as the only two-time champions in the USFC by taking out Keskitalo. He's got four champions in that camp training with the best everyday. I tell you, I'm really excited about this rivalry between the Jursllla / O camps. They're pressing each other to become the best, and the fans reap the rewards!

Anik: Let's talk about last nights fights. As you said, Martinez reclaimed the 205 title with a second round finish. Who's on deck for him next?

Morrison: You have to ask?

Anik, Stan, Cruz: Ragnar Sigurdsson!

Morrison: That's right, I see you boys are doing your homework. Everybody forgot that we signed Sigurdsson with everything else going on. I didn't forget. I'll go ahead and announce it right now, Sigurdsson vs Martinez, May 30th! This is going to be huge! Peel Steel vs Martin O! Man, this is why I'm in this business! I can't wait! Ragnar has been uncharacteristically low key because he's taking his first fight in the USFC very seriously. The guy is usually on a new cover of some GQ magazine every other week. He's very charismatic and gets a lot of side offers, but make no mistake, he's a fighter first. Since signing he's been in the gym instead of posing for the cameras, waiting for a chance to prove that he's the best 205er in the world. Every month we have a championship fight bigger than the month before, but Sigurrdsson vs Martinez will be hard to top!

Cruz: There were a lot of other big fights this weekend, as well. Cu Chulainn spoiled a perfect weekend for the O camp, Matti Laukanen showed he belongs to be mentioned along with Ragnar and Martinez, and Bolton looked as good as ever against Jeremiah. But, you know I like the lighter weights. Neymar Junior scored his sixth straight knockout in the USFC by knocking out Hyrkanian, again! It seems that he's the only one who can beat him. Can anyone beat Neymar, other than myself, of course?

Morrison: If want to come back at 145, Neymar would destroy you, Eddie, but you'd probably get hurt on the walkout.

Anik, Stann: Whoa!

Morrison: It's true. Listen, I don't know if anyone can beat Neymar. All I know is that he is, hands down, the Greatest Of All Time when it comes to the USFC. Six fights, six knockouts, five title fights, five knockouts. The guy is the only featherweight champion in our history. He takes on all comers... short notice, a long wait, he doesn't care, just send him the offer and he comes in and dominates! We keep throwing the best there is at him and keeps putting them to sleep. The guy is already a legend and he's not even in his prime yet. Hell, I just bought my kid a Neymar Junior t-shirt. I hate to keep bragging on our managers, well, no I don't. With the hype around Jursllla and Martin O's first year success, the Moyses Mattos camp has been sort of overlooked. With 12 world champions and a top five ranking, all by facing the very best any org has to offer, Moyses Mattos is one of the few managers at the top who is legit. No hype games, no bs, he just fights and wins. Neymar has had that mentality instilled in him by Mattos. He's a true champion, not some chump who hat picked his way into the top spot. In fact, when I leave here, I'll be headed to the USFC complex for Neymar's induction into the Hall of Fame. I think its past time to give Neymar his due. He's just on a different level come fight night.

Stann: Neymar is scheduled to take on Jake Penn next on May 23rd. Did I let the cat out of the bag? Anyway, I hear the fight is five rounds, but the title won't be on the line that night. You care to explain that?

Morrison: I think the fans care more about Neymar going into the Hall of Fame, Stann. Look, dealing with the officials in New York can be a pain in the ass, as I'm sure all of you know. I drew the contract up for the title, Neymar and Penn signed it, I submitted it to the New York Athletic Commission, and it comes back as officially not for the title. I appealed to the Tycoon Athletic Commission and we'll be working to get the mistake overridden. If legal issues prevent the belt from flying in with Neymar, we'll do what we have to in order to make it right after the fight. Penn has already told me he wants a crack at Neymar, title or not. Oh look there, Stann. I just got a message from the Commissioner stating the problem has been resolved and Penn vs Junior will be for the belt. Good news.

Anik: Good news, indeed! David, we know you're short on time here and we appreciate you taking a minute to chat with us.

Morrison: My pleasure, Jon. Its always good to see you and Brian and I finally got to meet little Eddie here (laughs). Let me know if you ever need a contact, Dominick. Stann vs the Balkon/Seinfeld winner sounds good too, Brian (Stann laughs, shaking head no).

Anik: Thanks to all of the fight fans for tuning into the USFC on Fox. Enjoy Hunt vs Miocic Saturday night on Fight Pass, then USFC 36 on Sunday, live from The Underground! Ce vs LeVass promises to be another great main event! We'll see you Fight Night!

• Upvote 3

http://oi59.tinypic.com/206yozt.jpg

Neymar Junior (8-2 MMA, 6-0 USFC) http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/trophies/ohofsmall.jpg

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20141203030308usfceaglelowgloss.png

Congratulations to Neymar Junior (8-2 MMA, 6-0 USFC) on becoming the first mixed martial artist inducted into the United States Fighting Championship's Hall Of Fame! Junior, from the camp of #3 ranked manager Moyses Mattos, won the first featherweight title at USFC 6 and holds USFC records for most title fights (5), most title defenses (4), most wins (6), most wins by knockout (6) & most Knockout Of The Night Awards (3).

• Upvote 2

http://oi62.tinypic.com/10oh647.jpg

USFC owner David Morrison stops by the studios to discuss USFC 36, 37, & 38!

Helwani: I know you don't sit still for long, Morrison, so let's get right to it. The USFC is coming off of another terrific night of fights with USFC 36. Who stands out the most after that card?

Morrison: I'd say that Ka\'Ra LeVass and Xavier David made the loudest statements. You don't hear much about LeVass as he's just quietly gone about his business. He's beaten Jergensen, Stallone, got the decision against Iron Igor, and now makes it four straight by imposing his will over an extremely tough Sun Ce. I'd have to say that this guy is a serious threat to anyone at 170. And what can you say about Xavier vs Wong? Great fight! Wong is no fucking joke, but David looked to be on another level. When these two came out launching head kicks at each other, the place went nuts. I didn't think we'd get out of the first round. Xavier's smart, he didn't rush when he first rocked Wong. He stayed patient, kept working, and pounced at the right time to get the finish. He's just two fights into his career and already someone for the top contenders to keep an on. Then you have Sakuri halting Cliff Anderson's three fight win streak, Curtis Mayfield effectively ending Lynch's stint in the USFC, newcomers Butch Hoffman and Rashad Wilkinson looked strong, and Lethal Larry looked as good as ever.

Helwani: Yeah, I agree, LeVass looks to be improving every time out, and Xavier looks like a vet in there. Both seem to have bright futures ahead of them. So let's get into this weekend's action. We've got Edgar vs Faber, then the USFC takes back over with a card Saturday night, and the middleweight championship on Sunday night.

Morrison: Not just any card, Helwani. Saturday night is Logan vs Romero 2! These two just fought a few weeks back in a bout that was expected to be a back and forth submission battle. Logan took him down immediately and fell straight into a triangle 36 seconds into the fight. Logan fans say that he just got caught, that it wouldn't go down that way again in 99 more fights. Romero responded to those claims by signing an immediate rematch. The guy is due his shot at the title, but he wants to silence the critics first.

Helwani: I'm one of those who think Logan got caught. Just the fact that it ended so early leads me to believe it was a fluke.

Morrison: Yes, but many think you're a fluke too, Helwani, yet here you are. I know Pj Bullet will have Logan ready for revenge, but Death Punch will have Romero ready as well. I have to give the edge to Romero. With a title shot on the line, I just think he wants this one more and his confidence level is through the roof right now.

Helwani: Speaking of Death Punch, I hear he did the poster work for USFC 37, as well as for 39 and 40.

Morrison: He's definitely a talented artist in addition to being the top manager in The Bomb Squad. Romero will come in with a new look on Saturday night, but this isn't a makeover show, Helwani. We've also got Jack Daniels laying his three fight win steak on the line against veteran Jake Wobinson, and one of the premier featherweight match ups in Jolly Leg Byrd and Chad Murray. Byrd's record doesn't give justice to just how good he is. He faced a number of lower IDs in his last org, but that advantage goes to him this weekend. Murray's a dangerous opponent for him though. Devin Skrumbellos has now won 13 of his last 14 and I expect him to have Murray peaking on Saturday night. It'll be Murray's powerful striking against Byrd's jit. Who do have for this one, Helwani?

Helwani: I like Byrd to get the fight to the ground and finish it there.

Morrison: Then I'm taking Murray by decision.

Helwani: Do you dislike me that much?

Morrison: Then we have The Battle of the Demons... Alistair Spong vs Simon Vale in what has turned into one of the more highly anticipated fights in USFC history. These two have been jawing at each other since signing, going back and forth over who's the real "Demon". The winner keeps the nickname, and I believe the loser will drop the moniker. The talk has gotten a little heated as Vale has included Spong's love of hockey, pissing off hockey fans worldwide. I think this one's going to turn into a good old fashioned brawl as emotions take over.

Helwani: I think you're leaving out what these fighters bring into the cage, David. Spong has shown he can finish fights with his devestating head kicks.

Morrison: You're Canadian, probably a hockey fan. Everyone north of the border, and every hockey fan from New York to LA, is hoping Spong will land one of those kicks. Vale walks around in a shirt that says "Puck Hockey"... during the Stanley Cup, no less! But, when you fight like Vale, you can get away with all of that. There's a reason he walks out to Motorhead's Iron Fist... the guy has rocks in his gloves! If you're picking Spong by head kick, then I don't have tell you how I think it ends.

Helwani: Can we agree on a finish?

Morrison: I'm done if you are.

Helwani: Wait! USFC 38 on Sunday night, boss. A big match up for the middleweight crown tops the action this weekend as Marian Balkon steps in against legendary champion Jerome Seinfeld!

Morrison: I'm loving this card! The prelims are stacked with USFC vets, some guys who've been with us from the beginning. The undercard isn't packing much hype, so it hasn't gotten the attention it deserves, but I'm always excited to see these guys fight again. Training has become a factor over the months, and I always enjoy seeing how they've improved, or changed their game plans around.

Helwani: If you'd hire a writer, maybe they'd get the attention they deserve.

Morrison: I don't speak Canadian, but I think you agreed that the die hard USFC fans, like myself, have been looking forward to seeing their favorites back in action. Bloodsport, the Campions, Noisy vs Jackson, Keats and Thacker... man these are big names, media coverage or not. These guys are the heart and soul of the USFC, grinders who just keep giving their all, fight after fight.

Helwani: Let's talk about the main card. As you said, the Campions will be back in action, with Matthew taking on Marcin Elsner to lead it off. Both are coming off of two straight losses by way of knockout. How do you see this one going?

Morrison: Let's say that if it were in the WOC, I'd leave it alone. Campion's record doesn't indicate how hard he fights. If he connects, this could be a short fight. On the other hand, he'll be in a world of shit if Elsner can take him down.

Helwani: I think I'm looking forward to Carlos Soto vs Bosco O Neill more than any other fight Sunday night. This has KO Of The Night written all over it as neither man has been the distance.

Morrison: Yeah, I don't think we'll be hearing from the judges on this one. O Neill has a good jit game, but he likes to bang it out. We may see him try to put that purple belt to use if Soto begins to find his range.

Helwani: When Soto finds his range, its light out.

Morrison: I hate to admit it, but you're right. Someone's chin is getting tested Sunday night. It may come down to who can take the better shot rather than who can land one first. This is not the fight to take a little break or go fetch another beer. Get the wife to do it, flag the waiter, but don't look away or blink. These guys will be throwing bombs, and no matter who has the better chin, I can't see anyone standing up to that kind of power for long.

Helwani: Do you care to give a prediction?

Morrison: Again, I don't speak Canadian, but I think you said that McGee vs John Galt is an early favorite for Fight Of The Night. Galt has had a rough start since manager Dave F signed him into the USFC, but you have to consider the level of competition that he's faced. After a good run in NYFN, Galt came over to face Seinfeld for the title in his first fight in the USFC, and then went to war with Marion Balkon. It doesn't get any harder than that, and it doesn't get any easier when Bobby McGee steps into the cage. McGee had a good run at Imperial, showing he can finish with a high volume of striking or grind out a decision if needed. These two are very closely matched. Both are capable of finishing wherever the fight takes place, but I think the judges might have to settle this one after all is said and done.

Helwani: The USFC has a buzz around Logan vs Romero 2, and not much has been said about George West Jr vs Luiz Cruz 2, which actually headlines USFC 38. This fight has large implications for the middleweight title picture, some say more so than the Logan/Romero fight on Saturday.

Morrison: Well, that some would be right if Romero loses. This is a big fight, but you're right in that it has sort of taken a back seat to the "Demon" rivalry and the championship co-headlining the same card. In the first fight, Cruz took West down and easily subbed him at the end of the first. That dropped West back. Then Cruz was the man to face Seinfeld, but got subbed by Romero, which has given more exposure to the Logan/Romero 2 fight. There's a pattern to suggest that Logan subs Romero and the winner of West Jr and Cruz is back in line. In any case, each fighter is in charge of their own destiny. I'm excited just thinking how it all might break down with the rematches and championship on the same weekend.

Helwani: That brings us to the biggest fight of the weekend, Marion Balkon vs Jerome Seinfeld for the 185 title! There's been a lot of talk about Seinfeld going into the Hall Of Fame with a win against Balkon. Care to touch on that?

Morrison: I bet you don't get invited to a lot of surprise parties. For fucks sake, Helwani. You have a bright future over at Rikers as a snitch when this gig falls through. Yes, Seinfeld wins, he's in. It's that simple. He's the first and only 185 champ in USFC history, winning the title at USFC 6, and defending it three times now. Neymar Junior set the bar high with his induction into the Hall, but Seinfeld is right there with him among the elite of the elite. He's already a legend, but another title defense, especially against a fighter like Balkon, and I think the Hall is in order.

Helwani: What if he loses?

Morrison: That's a real possibility. Seinfeld has walked through some of the best competition in the world, taking out his early opponents in dramatic fashion. His head kicks and flying knees have made it look easy, until his last fight against Bas Koning. He was tested in that fight and walked away with a decision, his title, and Fight Of The Night honors. But Marian Balkon is another step up in competition. Seinfeld and Balkon share common opponents in Galt and Kasady, with Balkon finishing both men nearly a round faster than Seinfeld. This fight is by far the biggest challenge either fighter has had.

Helwani: Who are you predicting to win?

Morrison: It would be hard to go against a dominant champ like Seinfeld, but I don't really see one fighter having a significant edge over the other. This is another fight to avoid in Wisdom of the Crowds.

Helwani: Come on, bossman, close us out with one prediction. Who wins Balkon vs Seinfeld?

Morrison: I'll tell you who wins.. with these two coming into to test each other, and themselves, with the title on the line in the toughest fight of their careers... all of the fans win, even you Helwani.

Helwani: I guess that'll have to do. Check us out right here for Edgar vs Faber highlights and live coverage of the USFC from The Underground this Saturday and Sunday night!

• Upvote 3

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article4207457.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/PAY-Americas-most-expensive-house.jpg

Part 1 Luis Cruz’s exclusive interview for Fox Sports 1

Fox Sports 1: We’re here with USFC Middleweight top contender Luis Cruz and he has been gracious enough to allow us into his father’s mansion here in Sinaloa, Mexico. I just met you today but I never knew that you spoke English so well. How is it that a man born and raised in Mexico is fluent in English

Luis Cruz: Well as you can see I come from a very wealthy family so early on my father was able to afford the best education and I would routinely attend the top schools in America. He thought learning English was important for my future.

FS1: Interesting, I don’t think most people knew you came from such a wealthy family. So if your father thought your education was so important how did you get into fighting?

LC: Well I picked it up Jiu Jitsu as a hobby after watching some early UFC fights. I’ve never had a job so I started it as a way to kind of kill time during the day then party at night. Plus I saw it as a great way to protect myself against the biggest of adversaries.

FS1: After some research I found out that you entered a few BJJ Tournaments and had great success so why did you decide to turn to MMA?

LC: I knew that I could make more money in MMA. My dad cut me off soon after my 25th birthday so I needed a source of income. I mean I have no bills and he lets me live in any of our 7 mansions but I needed the to pay for my intense coke and gambling addiction.

FS1: If you don’t mind me asking why did he cut you off?

LC: Well on my 25th birthday I went out with friends and in a drunken haze we decided to get some hookers. Mine turned out to be a dude so I lost my shit and put a beating on him; I went a little too far and the guy ended up dying. My dad has lots of connections and with his vast wealth he made sure I didn’t go to prison but he wasn’t happy and decided to cut me off as a way to end my partying days.

FS1: Wow what way to get into MMA. I don’t think most start out that way. You say you needed the money to fuel your fast lifestyle but do you aspire to achieve anything else in MMA; Fame, Glory?

LC: I’ve never had that competitive edge that most athlete’s do that drives them to achieve greatness but MMA has figuratively lit a fire in my belly. Now I want to become the champ and move up the Pound for Pound rankings so hopefully my name will be put up against the all time greats. I quickly realized that a coke addiction wasn’t going to help achieve what I wanted to so I stopped cold turkey.

FS1: Sound like you’ve become very committed to the sport and anybody with a brain can see you have the talent to be great.

LC: Thank you that means a lot.

FS1:: Stay tuned for part 2 folks, we’ll be right back with the fascinating Luis Cruz.

• Upvote 1

USFC 37

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1431825572USFC%2037.jpg

Jacare Romero (5-0) defeats Devin Logan (2-2) by TKO (Strikes) R1 3:41 view

Jack Daniels (6-1) defeats Jake Wobinson (5-6) by Decision (Majority)http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/tinyaward.jpg R3 view

Jolly Leg Byrd (4-2) defeats Chad Murray (3-2) by Decision (Unanimous) R3 view

Malik Aker (3-0) defeats Louden Hurley (4-8) by Submission (Armbar)http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/tinyaward.jpg R1 00:24 view

Jeff Marks (5-2) defeats Arse Face (0-6) by TKO (Punches) R1 1:58 view

Jackson McFly (8-5) defeats Mikey Douglas (3-1) by KO (Punches) R1 3:55 view

Alistair Spong (3-1) defeats Simon Vale (1-2) by KO (Punch)http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/tinyaward.jpg R1 1:46 view

Gaius Julius Caesar (5-3) defeats Doug Deep (1-3) by KO (Strikes) R2 1:59 view

Andre Haack (2-0) defeats Wulfgar Schwarz (0-1) by Decision (Unanimous) R3 view

Nick Zal (9-3) defeats Bobby Bilkington (6-11) by Decision (Unanimous) R3 view

Part 2 of Fox Sports 1 exclusive interview with Luis Cruz

FS1: Welcome back ladies and gentleman. Luis Cruz is sitting here with us, taking some time off from his intense training regimen to speak to us. Speaking about your training have you changed anything different this second time around against George West Jr.

LC: Right now I’m just trying to become a better overall fighter. I know my wrestling is better than his and when I take it to the ground I’ll finish him just like last time.

FS1: Do you believe he has improved; he got a new manager soon after your initial fight. Do you think that has made a difference in his game?

LC: I haven’t seen much improvement; he’s still the same fighter he was when I first beat him.

FS1: You say he hasn’t improved but you are still the same type of fighter that you were back then.

LC: Yes and No. My strength is my grappling, it’s my bread and butter and that’s how I win fights. When I first fought George though my standup was very amateurish and now I have improved my boxing and muay thai leaps and bounds. It doesn’t mean I will become a stand and bang fighter but I will use my improved standup game as a way to compliment my grappling.

FS1: I noticed in your last couple fights that you incorporated more ground and pound is that another element you’ve added to your game?

LC: Yeah, I quickly realized I was expending a lot of energy going for submissions that just weren’t there. I decided to improve my ground and pound to help out my overall ground game and I knew I had power in my hands so I figured I could also get some KO’s as well.

FS1: What do you see for yourself after this fight, you have just resigned with the USFC so for now who do you see as your next opponent?

LC: I would love to get a title shot but I would prefer a rematch with Jacare Romero.

FS1: He submitted you in a guillotine right?

LC: Yeah it was great technique.

FS1: What happened in that fight?

LC: Well I don’t think I was focused on him. I knew I was gonna get a title shot so my training camp was more focused on Jerome than on Jacare. I was stupidly looking past him and my focus slipped and he capitalized. Now he is deservedly the number one contender. I just want a chance to redeem myself.

FS1: Speaking of Jerome Seinfeld; do you think he comes out as the champ against Marion Balkon.

LC: That’s gonna be a tough fight for him but he’s the champ for a reason so I think he takes it.

FS1: That’s all the time we have for today tune in for USFC 38 starring Luis Cruz on May 17.

• Upvote 1

USFC 38

http://oi59.tinypic.com/25sc5rc.jpg

Marian Balkon (5-0) defeats Jerome Seinfeld (5-3) by Decision (Unanimous)http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/tinybelt.gif R5 view

Luis Cruz (6-1) defeats George West Jr (7-3) by Submission (Americana) R1 3:24 view

Bobby McGee (6-3) defeats John Galt (8-5) by TKO (Head Kick) R1 2:15 view

Carlos Soto (2-0-1) draws Bosco O Neill (4-2-1)http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/tinyaward.jpg R3 view

Marcin Elsner (6-2) defeats Matthew Campion (2-4) by Submission (Armbar)http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/tinyaward.jpg R1 1:45 view

Alasdair Thacker (5-3) defeats Kenneth Keats(4-6) by KO (Punch)http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/tinyaward.jpg R1 1:56 view

Shane Vaughan (6-2) defeats Shogun Ruawski (0-1) by KO (Punch) R2 3:22 view

Luke Campion (3-5) defeats Sean Coleman (5-6) by TKO (Punches) R1 1:45 view

Cedric Jackson (4-10) defeats Nick Noisy (5-7) by Decision (Unanimous) R3 view

Great Bloodsport (2-4) defeats Mille Muuskanen (4-5) by TKO (Cut) R3 2:56 view

• Upvote 2

Alistar I make no excuses and I am a man of my word. That night you were the better man, hats off to you. you earned my respect. I will say this though I am sure our paths will cross one day and I wont make the same mistake. Now on to bigger and better things Me Simon Vale. We are going to be hitting the gym with even more determination, sweat and perspiration I am going to shake up the nation. Diamond Simon has a new plan and I am the Man. Cant you see I will be King of the USFC.

• Upvote 1