Top 50 Fighters of All Time

Between the GOAT HW/LHW threads and the best fighter never to reach number one, I decided to come up with a list of the 50 best fighters in the game's history. I based my list on several factors: 1) historical significance of the fighter; 2) quality of wins; 3) highest rank; and 4) record. I'm sure there were other factors too. This is the list I came up with so far. The list, by the way, is in no particular order, and isn't yet complete. I'd love for other people to go through and come up with their own lists as a fun exercise to bring the forums back to what they were and what they should be again!

Again, this list is in no particular order! The numbers are there simply to keep count.

1. Jigoro Kane
2. Fidel Puno
3. YB Sol
4. Jin Sen
5. Jesus Gonzalez
6. Jeremy Tonal
7. Golden Glory
8. Hakuin Ekaku
9. Abayo Bokhari
10. Bubba Killsinwater
11. Jafar Agrabah
12. Waldorf Astoria
13. Lucas Lunar
14. Johnny Cage
15. Victor Creed
16. Manu Okoro
17. Cee Digits
18. Snake the Pendulum
19. Aloha Hoi
20. Merrimac Mjolnir
21. Arthur Meighan
22. Shock N Awe
23. Don Marciano
24. Otso Jokinen
25. Iiro Tolonen
26. Boba Fett
27. Manny Baddabing
28. Clint Lomax
29. Bomb Squad
30. Gristle McThornbody
31. Kyle Carlton
32. Christian Slaughter
33. Sam Hall
34. Tor Nansen
35. Milo Phillips
36. Pete Doherty
37. Sinuhe Egyptian

38. Taj al Din

39. Remy Lebeau

40. Noriyuki Nayoui

41. Kauko Partio

42. Carl Creel

43. James Bomb

44. Rinky spider

45. Bowser Stormcrow

46. Pat McDermot

47. Scotty Bennet

48. Ryo Narushima

49. Dustin Dougles

50. Smokudju Womba

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How the hell can you have a list and not have Womba on it? He's beaten many big names and definitely has been one of the most dominant LHW's in recent times.

Edit:

6. Jeremy Tonal

38. Taj al Din

48. Ryo Narushima

Womba has beaten 3 people on this list and easily deserves a place in the top 20 at least. I'd really push for him to be in the top 10.

• Upvote 1

How the hell can you have a list and not have Womba on it? He's beaten many big names and definitely has been one of the most dominant LHW's in recent times.

Edit:

Womba has beaten 3 people on this list and easily deserves a place in the top 20 at least. I'd really push for him to be in the top 10.

Honest to god i ment to put him but i just forgot.

You have one of my fighters on the list, Bennet. He was my second best guy by a pretty wide margin. Pat McDermot would have eaten Bennet for breakfast and is way more deserving than him.

There's also about 10-15 fighters on there that were way over-hyped. Egyptian is definitely missing as well as Carlton and Styles.

I think styles is grossly overrated and i always found it a slight against Martel that the Ekaku fight never happened. other then that i made some adjustments.

Martel sucks. I set CGrace's sliders for him in every decent win he had. True story.

Styles probably has more wins over good competition than half your list. He's probably incredibly underrated if anything because he has fought so much top competition.

AJ Hearts is another fighter in that same vein.

The only LT fighter you have is Remy LeBeau who didnt really fight all that great competition. Creed, Murdock and Creel were all much better and should be in the top 50.

• Upvote 1

Martel sucks. I set CGrace's sliders for him in every decent win he had. True story.

Styles probably has more wins over good competition than half your list. He's probably incredibly underrated if anything because he has fought so much top competition.

AJ Hearts is another fighter in that same vein.

The only LT fighter you have is Remy LeBeau who didnt really fight all that great competition. Creed, Murdock and Creel were all much better and should be in the top 50.

I always felt Danny Power didn't get the respect he deserved despite the competition that he fought tbh too. I dunno if he belongs on this list or not but I'm going to list his opponents and their best rank.

L

Benjamin Belleville -121

L

Antero Wursty – 31

W

Dumbass McWeakhands –

L

Richard Dawkins - 17

L

Rainer Varvaskoukku - 4

W

Richard Dawkins - 17

D

Richard Dawkins - 17

L

Sly Randolph - 2

W

Dumbass McWeakhands -26

W

Suren Nazarethyan - 98

W

Konrad Kurze - 93

L

Mitch Heisenberg - 15

W

Homer Simpson - 30

W

Hector Cabrera - 4

L

Oompa Loompa - 1

L

Richard Dawkins - 17

W

Jason Griffin – 38

D

Jason Griffin - 38

W

Hector Cabrera - 4

W

Jason Griffin - 38

L

Rainer Varvaskoukku - 4

W

Katsu Higashikuni - 5

L

Otso Jokinen - 1

L

Waru Kuzuri - 2

L

Sly Randolph - 2

W

Katsu Higashikuni - 5

W

Matt Miller - 9

W

Scott Cain - 23

W

Otso Jokinen - 1

W

Cormac Maguire - 27

W

Barry Scott - 5

W

Clint Lomax - 6

L

Sly Randolph - 2

W

Angus Young - 8

W

Roddy Piper - 18

W

Charles Martel - 14

W

Cormac Maguire - 27

W

Mega Funkyama - 209

W

Jay Colmen - 68

W

Ivan Tunjic - 69

L

Richard Teixeira – 18

L

Dennis Wise

KO (Punch)

TTFC William Vs Corleone

2012-05-05

03:49

view

Domingo Perez - 10

I had 53 total fights w/ Danny & those are about 43 or 44 of the best guys he fought. Only 2 of those opponents didn't make the top 100 p4p. And he had 18 fights against former or current top 10 p4p fighters

I think Danny did fight top quality opposition but he lost a lot, i mean he doesn't have a 2/1 win loss ratio.

As JLP noted they are a fair few fighters missing from that list and a few fighters who are questionable.

As far as Womba goes hes top 5 no doubt. It was criminal he wasn't on the list to start with.

Pretty sure Gable did the same thing though and got slated for his list.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29573&hl=%2Bboba+%2Bfett

He did lose a decent amount of those, and like I said I'm not sure if he really belongs on this list.

But 18 fights against top 10 competition. I bet you over half this list doesn't have near the amount of fights against top competition. He had like 27 or 28 fights against top 20 p4p fighters. I think too much credit is given to winning against average competition. Sure a win is a win, but a win over a guy who'd probably go 0-10 in EVO really matters?

I guess it really depends on what you look at, I would probably put someone w/ 18 fights against top 10 competition despite only a 10-8 record over a guy who only had a handful of fights against top 10 competition but that's just me

He did lose a decent amount of those, and like I said I'm not sure if he really belongs on this list.

But 18 fights against top 10 competition. I bet you over half this list doesn't have near the amount of fights against top competition. He had like 27 or 28 fights against top 20 p4p fighters. I think too much credit is given to winning against average competition. Sure a win is a win, but a win over a guy who'd probably go 0-10 in EVO really matters?

I guess it really depends on what you look at, I would probably put someone w/ 18 fights against top 10 competition despite only a 10-8 record over a guy who only had a handful of fights against top 10 competition but that's just me

In this game though they aren't a lot, if any guys i'd personally put on my list that didn't have a run fighting elite competition. It might not be as good as someone like Power but they won a lot more than Power. Winning is what makes a fighter great; not fighting great competition that only makes the fighter tough. The thing i will say about it though is they aren't many lighter weight fighters that have a great record when fighting top comp. Most of them just about keep a 2 or 3 to 1 ratio.

• Upvote 1

Well if winning is most important compared to competition level, u need a lot more Jacky fighters on this list.

I have never had that view which I'm sure you are aware. To me going 15-2 in an org like AD is like going about 7-8 in Ascension. Dominating a mid tier org while beating an occasional super fight is a cake walk to having every fight be a big fight.
I wouldn't necessarily put DP on the list because my knowledge of "big orgs/comp" doesn't start til about 2011, so it's hard to compare him to anybody b4 2011.
But taking out the rough finish he had going 2-5-1 over his last 8 fights, I was 30-13-2 over a 45 fight span. About 35 of those were against top 50 p4p competition.
Tycoon HOF'er/former #1 p4p, won the "triple crown" with org titles in Ascension, Empire, Evo (2x). 10 wins against top 10 p4p fighters.
That's a pretty good career for a scrub either way
  • Upvote 2

That's really my outlook even outside of Tycoon to be quite honest though.

I am sure a lot of Philly fans are excited about the 9-3 Eagles, but to me they have 2 quality wins the whole season (Indy & Dallas).
So I look at them as fraudulent until they show me they can do it against elite competition

That's really my outlook even outside of Tycoon to be quite honest though.

I am sure a lot of Philly fans are excited about the 9-3 Eagles, but to me they have 2 quality wins the whole season (Indy & Dallas).
So I look at them as fraudulent until they show me they can do it against elite competition

If you look at the list as JLP alluded to Creed, Creel and Murdock all aren't there. You don't take out what happened at the end of someones career sadly. Out of Jacky fighters you could argue STP but that is about it. All i am saying is when it comes to smaller fighters you have guys like Rafa Silva and Vanilla Ice who both have amazing records considering the division they are in. Then you have Power, Partio, Waru, Sly etc who all have quite bad records w/l wise but all fought top competition.

Well I think Murdock, Creel and Creed should all be on the list honestly Dinooo. I'm not sure I would put Remy Lebeau there though tbh, I would probably put Wade Wilson and Simon Williams ahead of him from LT's stable. There are a bunch of guys that I can't say I'm too familiar with though. Don't want to say they don't belong on the list because I just dunno much about their records and who they fought to attain those records.

2. Fidel Puno
3. YB Sol
4. Jin Sen
5. Jesus Gonzalez

7. Golden Glory
8. Hakuin Ekaku
9. Abayo Bokhari

14. Johnny Cage
15. Philip Dale
16. Manu Okoro
17. Cee Digits

21. Arthur Meighan
22. Shock N Awe

27. Manny Baddabing

34. Tor Nansen
35. Milo Phillips

40. Noriyuki Nayoui

Like I would question that all those guys belong on the list if you compare their accomplishments to Danny Power but that's only a question to me because I don't have enough information about those fighters. Just a quick look at the HOF, there are fighters like Jin Sen, Milo Phillips, Aloha Hoi, Jigoro Kane, Otso Jokinen who all fell apart kinda at the end of their careers and I would say Danny has a strong case against most of them. Well I would say even with his ending Otso still belongs though.