Top 50 Fighters of All Time

i'd def take out golden glory and phillip dale.

glory was exposed once the counter-era was over, and most of his "hype/pop" was "pop"...possibly the most popular fighter in mmatycoon history (by the bar, not the users). phillip dale was exposed when it was found that he was "experiment" fighting in brazil and then ended up fighting in supercans in hwp.

boba fett...but no johnny rose or pat mcdermot...or tito hopkins for that matter. interesting. no creel, creed or wilson...another interesting snub.

these lists are tough to do tho, man...not many have been around long enough to understand or kno the impact some of the early fighters have. conversely, not many of the old guard are around to kno some of the newer-ish fighters and what they've done. then throw in opinions on what makes greatness and how it is measured and it's almost an impossible debate...but a damn fun one :)

Well I think Murdock, Creel and Creed should all be on the list honestly Dinooo. I'm not sure I would put Remy Lebeau there though tbh, I would probably put Wade Wilson and Simon Williams ahead of him from LT's stable. There are a bunch of guys that I can't say I'm too familiar with though. Don't want to say they don't belong on the list because I just dunno much about their records and who they fought to attain those records.

2. Fidel Puno

3. YB Sol

4. Jin Sen

5. Jesus Gonzalez

7. Golden Glory

8. Hakuin Ekaku

9. Abayo Bokhari

14. Johnny Cage

15. Philip Dale

16. Manu Okoro

17. Cee Digits

21. Arthur Meighan

22. Shock N Awe

27. Manny Baddabing

34. Tor Nansen

35. Milo Phillips

40. Noriyuki Nayoui

Like I would question that all those guys belong on the list if you compare their accomplishments to Danny Power but that's only a question to me because I don't have enough information about those fighters. Just a quick look at the HOF, there are fighters like Jin Sen, Milo Phillips, Aloha Hoi, Jigoro Kane, Otso Jokinen who all fell apart kinda at the end of their careers and I would say Danny has a strong case against most of them. Well I would say even with his ending Otso still belongs though.

Jigoro Kane/Otso Jokinen vs Danny Power - cmon man be serious, both of them could be argued into the top 5 of all time; both are easily top 10. I don't know Jin Sen or Milo Philips to be fair but as far as Hoi goes then yeah you have a point. Hoi would be a very close comparison to Power in terms of records and level of comp. You could argue that if Hoi makes it in then why shouldn't Power? I'd prolly say that as far as name value goes then Hoi has the bigger named opponents Bubba, Mjolnir, Williams, DEG the list is endless. That is about the only nod i could give Hoi over power the rest seem to be pretty even so if Hoi makes the top 30 then Power has to be in somewhere just behind him. It just depends on who does the list.

As far as Pat McDermot is concerned yeah he should be in there. Remy was prolly Lances worst fighter at one point - i'd take Creel, Creed and Murdock into the top 50 from Lances stable you could argue Williams and Wilson but if i sat and thought about it i dunno if they would make it. Tito Hopkins is a bit like Wilson imo yeah he made it to the top of the heap but then he was sent tumbling back down again. Hopkins vs Machida, Hopkins vs Pat McD, Hopkins vs Batts. I mean you could argue him onto the list but personally i prolly wouldn't.

As J-Bomb has said these lists are notoriously hard to do - if not impossible because of how subjective they are.. If I were to do something like this I would do a top 10 to 15 of every weight division.. Made sure I got them as right as you possible can and then look at creating a top 50 from there.. Even then it's difficult as some division run much deeper than others..

Jigoro Kane/Otso Jokinen vs Danny Power - cmon man be serious, both of them could be argued into the top 5 of all time; both are easily top 10. I don't know Jin Sen or Milo Philips to be fair but as far as Hoi goes then yeah you have a point. Hoi would be a very close comparison to Power in terms of records and level of comp. You could argue that if Hoi makes it in then why shouldn't Power? I'd prolly say that as far as name value goes then Hoi has the bigger named opponents Bubba, Mjolnir, Williams, DEG the list is endless. That is about the only nod i could give Hoi over power the rest seem to be pretty even so if Hoi makes the top 30 then Power has to be in somewhere just behind him. It just depends on who does the list.

As far as Pat McDermot is concerned yeah he should be in there. Remy was prolly Lances worst fighter at one point - i'd take Creel, Creed and Murdock into the top 50 from Lances stable you could argue Williams and Wilson but if i sat and thought about it i dunno if they would make it. Tito Hopkins is a bit like Wilson imo yeah he made it to the top of the heap but then he was sent tumbling back down again. Hopkins vs Machida, Hopkins vs Pat McD, Hopkins vs Batts. I mean you could argue him onto the list but personally i prolly wouldn't.

i'd def take out golden glory and phillip dale.

glory was exposed once the counter-era was over, and most of his "hype/pop" was "pop"...possibly the most popular fighter in mmatycoon history (by the bar, not the users). phillip dale was exposed when it was found that he was "experiment" fighting in brazil and then ended up fighting in supercans in hwp.

boba fett...but no johnny rose or pat mcdermot...or tito hopkins for that matter. interesting. no creel, creed or wilson...another interesting snub.

these lists are tough to do tho, man...not many have been around long enough to understand or kno the impact some of the early fighters have. conversely, not many of the old guard are around to kno some of the newer-ish fighters and what they've done. then throw in opinions on what makes greatness and how it is measured and it's almost an impossible debate...but a damn fun one :)

Pat McDermot is there. also i adde Creed and Creel. Isn't Mike Evens and Philip dale the same guy? Johnny Rose, Danny Powers, Devin Styles, Wade Wilson, Tito Hopkins, and Matt Murdock is still up for debate.

The Jigoro comparison was more cause he stumbled down the stretch going 4-6 in his last 10 fights.

I thought Otso did too but it wasn't really as terrible as I remembered it. 4 of his last 5 seemed way more dramatic considering who it was I guess

Whether or not Jigoro Kane and Otso stumbled at the end is irelavent, all legends do. In reality both those fighters had better careers hands down. Matter of fact, like 85% of the fighters you qouted had better careers.

Someone needs to make a list of the top 50 over achievers because I know the chinless wonder boy has to be on that list!

. I think if you went into how much manager skill was involved in getting the fighter to the top then Power would for sure be top 5 with an argument that could be made for #1. I mean he had no really great hiddens and his chin was useless.

Edit to Icon - If you still have James Bomb on that list without Matt Murdock i think you need your head examined. James Bomb was great in the EPL but outside of that he wasn't that great. His injury hidden allows him to take a lot of fights and knock out bums in HWP.

. I think if you went into how much manager skill was involved in getting the fighter to the top then Power would for sure be top 5 with an argument that could be made for #1. I mean he had no really great hiddens and his chin was useless.

Edit to Icon - If you still have James Bomb on that list without Matt Murdock i think you need your head examined. James Bomb was great in the EPL but outside of that he wasn't that great. His injury hidden allows him to take a lot of fights and knock out bums in HWP.

Honestly i will check Matt out when i get home to my computer. I said they are up for review.

Whether or not Jigoro Kane and Otso stumbled at the end is irelavent, all legends do. In reality both those fighters had better careers hands down. Matter of fact, like 85% of the fighters you qouted had better careers.

I agree, but that argument was being made because earlier in the thread Dinooo told me you can't dismiss fighters having a bad end to their career. I think most great fighters stumble because they all stick around too long, but the great fighters are remembered for what they accomplished at their peak. Most people would say Muhammed Ali is the greatest boxer of all-time, but people rarely bring up him losing to Leon Spinks and Trevor Berbick at the end of his career. I'm sure most will consider Anderson Silva the GOAT no matter how he really goes out in the end. Which is what my argument was, since it was refuted....i was using that same evidence to make comparisons to other great fighters on the list who also had stumbles at the end of their careers.

Danny Power was a goddamn beast. That's all that matters. I always respected all your fighters, Fuse.

Thanks Ethan. Danny had a hell of a career but I'm glad he's in the bahamas now that's for sure lol. Him and Gary Bunn, I had some nice accomplishments with him too & I actually always thought his hiddens were worse than Danny's. He had a better chin, which I guess kept me in fights longer & gave me a chance to out-slider guys....but he had absolutely no power, his IQ was borderline 100 (think i got a 102 and 96 IQ tests on him), he had an iffy heart, pretty good confidence though. I was just very limited in what I could do w/ him, at least Danny had some KO power that I could try digging for if I needed it.

Thanks. I was very proud at what I was able to accomplish with him, especially looking back. In the moment, I knew I had a chinny fighter but I was on such a roll with him at 1 point I felt I could beat anybody. Once everybody else caught up to what I knew (and what I know you Convicted folk knew) it was a fucking nightmare getting him wins.

His heart was also pretty terrible, I was always amazed how he could get rocked and not recover his legs for 5 or 6 minutes (if he managed to somehow not get knocked out before that)

One of these days I will get a hiddens monster & he will rule the tycooniverse lol

Meh you just need to keep plugging away and eventually you will get there. As i said its no slight on the manager skill that went into Power its just his record isn't over 2 to 1 so i would really struggle to put him in a top 50. As before i wouldn't say Ali was the greatest of all time. I'd argue that the end of his career could be the reason he falls down the ranks a bit as far as the GOAT goes. Anderson Silva isn't done yet and prolly will go down as the GOAT for now. I think Jon Jones will overtake him in that category but that is a different argument lets keep it to Tycoon :P

I don't think I'll get there really tbh. I usually have pretty shitty luck on hiddens and I'm not sure anybody on my current roster has what it takes to get on this list. My guys w/ granites like Temel, have shitty hearts and still get TKO'd a lot anyway. I have some chins that haven't been exposed yet. I mean I have a handful of guys who are better than Danny and Gary, so I guess I could always over-achieve again but I just don't have anyone I'm convinced has greatness written on them yet.

Shogun Aye looks to be maybe my best hidden fighter but his skills were all f'd up when I got him, so it'll come down to if I can fix him fast enough to get a lot of life out of him still. He's 26 already though.

That's really my outlook even outside of Tycoon to be quite honest though.

I am sure a lot of Philly fans are excited about the 9-3 Eagles, but to me they have 2 quality wins the whole season (Indy & Dallas).
So I look at them as fraudulent until they show me they can do it against elite competition

They've got a quality loss coming this Sunday, whats that get them?

They've got a quality loss coming this Sunday, whats that get them?

It'll just further my suspicion they're pretenders and contenders lol. I don't have any super bowl aspirations for this team this year because I don't trust their defense and in the playoffs I still lean towards defense and the ability to control the clock