How NOT to get your ass kicked by the police

Kanis

I cant post the pictures because it isnt allowed, but Why hang Effigies of black people lynched and writing cant breathe on them if this isnt about racism?

So,This is what comes from Eric Garner's death and "Can't Breathe/Blacklivesmatter" How can i look at what happened to Eric Garner and not see racism when this is how people respond to it? I mean this is a major college so these students are our future... It is apparent this is how they see it or someone wouldve stopped the clowns who did this.

I know you guys dont like to read articles that dont support your point, but this one clearly states

“It certainly could have been racially motivated, so we’re taking it very seriously and are very interested in finding out who did this and what the intention was,”

“We are unsure of the intent,” Hamaoui said.

http://college.usatoday.com/2014/12/13/effigies-of-blacks-found-hanging-by-nooses-at-uc-berkeley/

There is so much more to learn from what the hell is going on, Mike brown's body was left in the street for 4.5hrs. When we were lynched in front of crowds before they would leave our dead bodies on display to make a point to everyone who saw. Dont begin to say this doesnt happen anymore because Lennon Lacy somehow committed suicide with nothing to boost him up high enough to hang himself and someone elses belt who lived half a mile away from his death and shoes that were too small, Also, his body was damaged as if he had been in a fight.

I wouldnt be shocked if this post ended this thread either

• Upvote 4

Personally, I am SIKK of the Racial B.S. I have been raised as a member of 1 race (the human race) it seems like it (others views) always affects troubled situations. I dont see color this way,..never have. Thank you MOM and DAD. The *ONLY* thing I discriminate about is ASSHOLE (for lack of a better word with no racial meaning). I see Asshole in ALL walks of life, its an affliction of the Spirit and is NOT geographically locked. :)

• Upvote 1

So what you are saying is because I am against police brutality I'm against police? I guess because I value my Constitutional rights I'm a bad guy? They should be allowed to kill who ever they want, pull someone over and start shooting... shooting guys randomly in stairwells, planting drugs after killing 96 year old ladies... all that is hunky dorey because we need police? Based on your question that's what it sounds like, don't say anything bad about police or their behavior... we need police.

You read an awful lot into that... Of course I dont approve of brutality by anyone but face it... you cant blame all cops for what a small percent are doing!

I cant post the pictures because it isnt allowed, but Why hang Effigies of black people lynched and writing cant breathe on them if this isnt about racism?

So,This is what comes from Eric Garner's death and "Can't Breathe/Blacklivesmatter" How can i look at what happened to Eric Garner and not see racism when this is how people respond to it? I mean this is a major college so these students are our future... It is apparent this is how they see it or someone wouldve stopped the clowns who did this.

I know you guys dont like to read articles that dont support your point, but this one clearly states

“It certainly could have been racially motivated, so we’re taking it very seriously and are very interested in finding out who did this and what the intention was,”

“We are unsure of the intent,” Hamaoui said.

http://college.usatoday.com/2014/12/13/effigies-of-blacks-found-hanging-by-nooses-at-uc-berkeley/

There is so much more to learn from what the hell is going on, Mike brown's body was left in the street for 4.5hrs. When we were lynched in front of crowds before they would leave our dead bodies on display to make a point to everyone who saw. Dont begin to say this doesnt happen anymore because Lennon Lacy somehow committed suicide with nothing to boost him up high enough to hang himself and someone elses belt who lived half a mile away from his death and shoes that were too small, Also, his body was damaged as if he had been in a fight.

I wouldnt be shocked if this post ended this thread either

Scooby even his daughter did an interview saying this had nothing to do with race but I wont deny that many other incidents were racially motivated. But if were going to talk about race I can post many where whites were killed by blacks and it made no headlines.. We both know this.

• Upvote 2

All the Social Media does is bring more tension between races. I understand the outcry from the African-Americans and other Police Brutality activists but enough is enough, its a two way street. In situations like this if you where not there you really should not even have a say in what did or did not happen, as for the famalies that are affected, i feel for them though.

What exactly do the protesters want exactly is what i want to know. Do you want laws changed giving cops less control of situations. There obviously wont be a law that says the criminal in suspect can not run away or try to fight the police officer if confronted, because that law would be obsolete. I have seen first hand the tension between cops and civilians you can either play it smart or you can escalate the situation which is what i believe is happening. Its not just Black people who will escalate things either and like mentioned there not the only ones who loss there lives by getting killed by a cop.

If i was a black man i would not be surprised if i was outraged and protesting the situation as well as i know i have a lot of pride for myself. As a white male though i am tired of feeling guilty of what my ancestors have done, and i am so tired of being treated like my people are racist(This may be a little off course from the Police Brutality) but it is just how i feel.

So lets all get high and be Happy!!!

Scooby even his daughter did an interview saying this had nothing to do with race but I wont deny that many other incidents were racially motivated. But if were going to talk about race I can post many where whites were killed by blacks and it made no headlines.. We both know this.

People kill people, im not saying it doesnt happen but when it comes to race our death toll to white on black violence is WELL higher than any holocaust known to man. The mere fact that everyone hasnt known or accepted that is proof as much as people say they care, they dont. We lost the jewish holocaust worth of people just in transport to america.

Fatback is right, the media is at fault because what they do is show everyone things such as an unarmed robbery when the officer admitted he hadnt recieved the call about it. WHY? If you look at video from citizen journalism you can see both sides of what is going on.

But also, for anyone who is tired of feeling bad for what was done, imagine waking up every morning and living that life.... That is tiring.These things still happen and know that everything that was done in the past that you feel bad about was done in PSYCHOLOGICAL form more than mortal/physical or any other method designed to effect us FOREVER. Changing the type of slavery doesnt make the slave free

Let me clear something up, Skap... all you guys, i have no ill feelings towards you. So dont take it as i walk around hating white people, i hate racism

• Upvote 3

Not being affected by racism yourself, or being a racist yourself, and being sick of all the racist/racial bullshit doesn't change the fact that it exists and is live and well in many pockets of society.

Awareness and education are key, and being a highly unpleasant issue (not to mention an even more unpleasant reality for the victims of it) it means the journey to eradication, even if we never make it there, is not going to be pleasant either.

• Upvote 4

I was in a room of several racists one afternoon, I and a man from the Ukraine, we listened to a lot of *interesting outlooks* until my friend Vladamir (who EVERYONE else was calling Russia, for weeks) stands up and says I am NOT Russia,..I am Ukrainian, we were slaves of the Russians for 700 years !! Jaws hit the floor and a long pause , subject change for the better. Education is a nice tool.

the shock value was interesting to see as well.

• Upvote 2

You read an awful lot into that... Of course I dont approve of brutality by anyone but face it... you cant blame all cops for what a small percent are doing!

Small percentage? Tell that to the citizens of Cleveland where the DOJ(not the media) found serious violations of the Constitution but the chain of command went along with everything they did. That's not a small percentage, the actual report is on the first page of this thread.

• Upvote 2

Small percentage? Tell that to the citizens of Cleveland where the DOJ(not the media) found serious violations of the Constitution but the chain of command went along with everything they did. That's not a small percentage, the actual report is on the first page of this thread.

:

Not surprised by the least that this happend in Cleveland which also is one of the most criminal active states in the US. Everything is f'd up over there but no worries Jonny Football will save them all.

What exactly do the protesters want exactly is what i want to know. Do you want laws changed giving cops less control of situations. There obviously wont be a law that says the criminal in suspect can not run away or try to fight the police officer if confronted, because that law would be obsolete. I have seen first hand the tension between cops and civilians you can either play it smart or you can escalate the situation which is what i believe is happening. Its not just Black people who will escalate things either and like mentioned there not the only ones who loss there lives by getting killed by a cop.

What people want is a fair and balanced look at the way our police are handling themselves in public confrontations. There seems to be a problem with the way the public is viewed through the police departments, that leads to small offenses being responded to in the same way a serious offense is. I was on the fence about both the Brown and Garner case about whether it should be construed as murder. But after both grand juries failed to indict, it made me think that the D.A.'s offices in both cases had reason to keep it from going to trial. If there was nothing to hide, then the grand juries in BOTH cases had every reason to indict, and none to not. It points to corruption, there is no other story.

Not being affected by racism yourself, or being a racist yourself, and being sick of all the racist/racial bullshit doesn't change the fact that it exists and is live and well in many pockets of society.

And this is sadly very true. I grew up in a mildly racist household (my grandparents aren't aryan nation or anything, but let's just say they are old school) I live in northern California, and even in the land of hippies and sunshine, I am always amazed at how many of my friends will surprise me by spouting off some insane racist shit. I hate to pick on the people who think that race isn't a problem but... Chances are if you don't think anyone is saying anything racist any longer, it's because you're the jerk saying the racist stuff.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

When you are a Spirit such as this,..EXPECT to have your ass kicked by the police,..or worse. And to hell with ANYONE that wants to cry in outrage when it is no longer a threat !

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152409165407282

its unfortunate that the cause of death (Mr. Garner) was IMO a faulty choke hold AND some medical issues,......

personally, I could not trust that pr!ck to walk around in a world of people that I love.

His death was unfortunate,...but seriously , @#$ that guy. :mf_popcorn1:

Edited by Kanis

What the hell are you talking about? Brown was shot by Wilson in Ferguson, GARNER was choked in NYC by the cops. Jesus, all black people look alike to you... FYI, this video is neither Brown nor Garner, but hey, don't let the truth get in the way of police brutality. I guess Akai Gurley deserved to be shot by the NYPD.

• Upvote 1

What the hell are you talking about? Brown was shot by Wilson in Ferguson, GARNER was choked in NYC by the cops. Jesus, all black people look alike to you... FYI, this video is neither Brown nor Garner, but hey, don't let the truth get in the way of police brutality. I guess Akai Gurley deserved to be shot by the NYPD.

oops so I got the names mixed up,.....and you try to make it sound like I am racist.

Thank you for pointing that out,..my fault, but it Had NOTHING to do with race.

oops so I got the names mixed up,.....and you try to make it sound like I am racist.

Thank you for pointing that out,..my fault, but it Had NOTHING to do with race.

The problem is that is the 3rd time I have seen social media post something of a completely different person and claim it was the people involved in the Brown shooting. There was the picture of a completely different person posing with a gun claiming it was Brown, the x-ray taken from the University of Iowa's website claiming it was Darren Wilson's, and now this. Obviously, there are people out there who are looking for any lie to try and justify the murder to the general populace. 4th time if you count the security footage from the store that was him but is always conveniently edited to start just after he pays the clerk. Look up the whole video and see for yourself. Not saying you specifically. It seems you just fell for it. They did the same thing to Trayvon Martin. I remember all the thug photos that were supposed to be him but ended up being a famous rapper that looked nothing like him. People are working hard to claim the black people deserve it.

• Upvote 1

Funny part is NYPD racially profiles their own:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/23/us-usa-police-nypd-race-insight-idUSKBN0K11EV20141223

Reuters interviewed 25 African American male officers on the NYPD, 15 of whom are retired and 10 of whom are still serving. All but one said that, when off duty and out of uniform, they had been victims of racial profiling, which refers to using race or ethnicity as grounds for suspecting someone of having committed a crime.

The officers said this included being pulled over for no reason, having their heads slammed against their cars, getting guns brandished in their faces, being thrown into prison vans and experiencing stop and frisks while shopping. The majority of the officers said they had been pulled over multiple times while driving. Five had had guns pulled on them.

Desmond Blaize, who retired two years ago as a sergeant in the 41st Precinct in the Bronx, said he once got stopped while taking a jog through Brooklyn’s upmarket Prospect Park. "I had my ID on me so it didn’t escalate," said Blaize, who has sued the department alleging he was racially harassed on the job. "But what’s suspicious about a jogger? In jogging clothes?"

• Upvote 3

The problem is that is the 3rd time I have seen social media post something of a completely different person and claim it was the people involved in the Brown shooting. There was the picture of a completely different person posing with a gun claiming it was Brown, the x-ray taken from the University of Iowa's website claiming it was Darren Wilson's, and now this. Obviously, there are people out there who are looking for any lie to try and justify the murder to the general populace. 4th time if you count the security footage from the store that was him but is always conveniently edited to start just after he pays the clerk. Look up the whole video and see for yourself. Not saying you specifically. It seems you just fell for it. They did the same thing to Trayvon Martin. I remember all the thug photos that were supposed to be him but ended up being a famous rapper that looked nothing like him. People are working hard to claim the black people deserve it.

I appreciate this: I have actually been sikk to my stomach over this /chuckle

Bottom line IMO We are suffering from an affliction of the spirit, and its sad, because to many times it gets washed over with racial issues.

I reckon racial issues probably afflict the spirit of those affected.

The racial issues becomes an outlet,.....if we were ALL the same color,...there would be a different problem chosen as the outlet.

But it isn't a binary issue, racial issues exist alongside agism, sexism, religious discrimination, socio-economic discrepencies, etc. It doesn't mean they're not all valid issues to try to address.

• Upvote 1

Agreed,..and my point,,,,yes,..all valid,..and all to easy for someone to use them as an excuse to avoid the real problem.

My contention is that they're ALL real problems. They will just afflict different people in different ways and to different extremes.

For example, you may argue that Mr. Rich Blackman doesn't have half the problems of Mr. Poor Blackman. This will likely be related to the places he frequents due to his home and work locations, which by virtue of their increased socio-economic situation gain a raised status a lower likelihood of being perceived as threatening. Assuming he dresses well, drives a nice car, speaks well, etc. This shows how socio-economic status, education and aesthetics all affect how people are treated and the way we form assumptions about them.

On the other hand, it can be contended (and supported by jillions of studies) that Mr. Rich Blackman will have more problems than Mr. Rich Whiteman despite having otherwise identical situations. Although in this situation, Mr. Rich Blackman is probably going to have less problems than Mr. Poor Whiteman.

It isn't about there being one singular 'real' problem, it is about there being shades of gray through a hierarchy of discrimination. And discrimination is natural, and important and a survival skill. The key is to base discrimination on relevant, sensible criteria. Colour of skin does not increase or decrease the likelihood of anything, other than the likelihood of having children of a particular colour.

Correlation is not to be confused with causation, so for example, just because there is a high correlation between crime and being black (in certain areas, age groups and crime types) is not to say that being black makes more likely to be this type of criminal. The same applies for a high correlation between being poor and being black (in certain areas, age groups, etc). The studies are out there, but unsurprisingly there is a pretty high correlation between socio-economic situation and crime levels. Research needs to be conducted to determine what is a cause and what is an effect.

Now I am going to go off topic with my own meandering thoughts and philosophies...

All of this means shit if you can't put forward solutions to the problem. I find the US situation amazing as you guys really have swathes of your country, both stand alone and as parts of other cities/areas that are war zones and/or third world countries. It is unique for 1st world countries and I would hypothesise (I don't have the evidence or research on hand to support it, just my own thoughts) this is due to the lack of social welfare and the general capitalistic setting in which the country was founded and continues to pursue. This isn't a criticism, just an observation.

For us, we have been raised more like the Canadians in terms of social welfare. Sure it sucks to pay for Joe Slacker, but at the same time - everyone is down on their luck sometimes. If you never give them a chance or an escape they will stay there. And when you have nothing to lose, you have everything to gain, and this is where crime and so on goes rampart. Social welfare is part of the social pact - if I don't have a guy on the street outside of my house starving and prepared to do anything to get his next meal, I don't have to worry about being burgled for my food/valuables anywhere near as much. Realistically it is insurance more than anything else. We don't give a fuck about Povo Joe, but we don't want to give him a reason to bother us. Like any charity, you don't really give that much of a fuck about the starving Ethiopian or you'd be over there helping out, etc, etc. But this is inconvenient, so you throw $20 to WorldVision and grab a tax receipt.

And stuff.

So, what did this guy need to do differently so that he wouldnt get his ass kicked by the police?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktsPEGrGyqg

Just imagine if this video didnt come out, he would be in jail or dead and everyone would be in forums just like this one saying he deserved it because he reached for the gun, resisted arrest and committed each crime he was charged with. Tough, if that happened to me, my kids wouldnt have their father raising them, thus making them another statistic used to ridicule. How many times has this happened and it not been reported? The operated as if there wasnt even a dashboard cam and then tried to cover it up.

edit:Using Igor's instructions still didnt put the video up, just click on it

• 3 weeks later...

I think its funny this thread was going nuts and after i posted that video nobody responded... Then some shit happens to Dave Herman and he gets sympathy (not saying he doesnt deserve it) but the problem that we try to ignore doesnt cease to exist.

B7bZPRSCcAEdC2T.jpg

They couldnt possible use a target reticle to shoot at, something more like this?

http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/target.jpg

The article is here

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/01/25/florida-police-used-mugshots-of-black-men-for-target-practice-clergy-responded-usemeinstead/

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1