Palhares

http://giant.gfycat.com/SecondaryTimelyErin.gif

That was some relaxed way of subbing a dude.

He might be the only guy that really uses BJJ in a real offensive way and not just when you get caught on a TD(back), flashsub given by the opponent or after smacking a guy with GnP.

I don't get all the issues here with leglocks.

I have a very basic real BJJ knowledge with only having done 1 and half year BJJ; and I hate leglocks because I suck at them and also because I'm terrified of them(I'm already over 30 and have been giving dance lessons for a living this past year) but...

...it seems to me that a fighter does know when he is or not caught in a leglock and waiting until it hurts is just being real dumb. Joe Rogan pointed out the same: the sub being held to long is not the deal here, the fact that the fighter waits way too long to tap is the cause of the damage. If fighters would wait as long to tap from a RNC as they do from a leglock, most of them would pass out unconsciously.

And check the gif again. From the moment fitch starts tapping to a clear release of the hold is max 2 secs.(and just 1 sec from the time the ref stops the fight)

Edited by Torrelio
  • Downvote 1

i dont think he held it too long -- i watched the fight last night and i think he did fine -- its just leg locks are dangerous as stated -- plus the ref needs to be right there and ready cause just like palhares and others say they dont let go till ref jumps in -- cause palhares done lost one fight by letting go at the tap and ref not seeing it -- you only make that mistake once and it teaches you

Looks better than last time to me. He was rolling with little-to-no steady points of contact on the ground of his own, it wouldn't have been practical for him to just let go as soon as he feels the tap, his own body weight would have been uncontrolled on that leg too probably damaging it more.

It still looks just a bit late of a release imo. Fitch taps like 4 times before the ref steps in, then 5 more after that. Just my opinion

Not trying to be on the palhares fan wagon but he's not really supposed to let go when the opponent taps, he's supposed to let go when the ref stops the fight. It's the ref's job to make sure the time between tapping and stopping the fight is close to none. Same way you don't stop GnP before the ref steps in. There should be better training on the refs to make them recognize that any leglock attempt is a potential fight finisher and so they should be really close to the action whenever a leglock is attempted; and not look for afar until it's too late and then take 4 secs running to stop the fight.

I think this is one of the worst ways you can win. Right after the extreme lay and pray. Truly the most boring fights you can watch two guys laying there with one grabbing a leg and manipulating it..... how stupid

I know right, what is jiujitsu even? Some fucking pussy just trying to break another guys limb, how does that even find a place in something like mma? *cough*

Palahares i nuts. Technically he does only hold on until the refs step in, ( as he has stated himself that he does) but I think a Martial artist should have more respect for an another fighters career. It's not like it's hard to understand when it's over...

• Downvote 1

easy way to stop this boys don't let him have your legs either one don't matter don't let him have one :lol2:

the guys is a beast on the ground but he really does need to not only pay attention to the ref but the fighter tapping on him

but this vision of him and Fitch maybe a split second too long but not enough to jump on him for it. Hs past ones were much worse but it will be a topic every time he ends fights this way unfortunately

Looks like he held on for too long ..... again

Once again he held on for too long ...

Oh fuck off you dozey cunts, what's he meant to do, react faster than the speed of fucking light?

Palahares i nuts. Technically he does only hold on until the refs step in, ( as he has stated himself that he does) but I think a Martial artist should have more respect for an another fighters career. It's not like it's hard to understand when it's over...

So many guys have fake-tapped in MMA that anything other than holding until the ref steps in is just dumb.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I know right, what is jiujitsu even? Some fucking pussy just trying to break another guys limb, how does that even find a place in something like mma? *cough*

Look if you find leg locks entertaining by all means get your fix. If i'm the only one who finds this way of fighting completely ridiculous, then so be it. But I think it's good reason why this guy is no longer in the UFC.

You seem to think ankle locks are the entire art of jiu jitsu.