AND STILL THE LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD.

Tycooner

Lol, youre spamming Jay... I know the people who dislike Jones will be mad, but he basically stuffed all of Cormier's takedowns, had cage control and did not let cormier out his back against the cage in the clinch. He showed why he is the champ... Now Gus has to win to get back at him. Rumble isnt quite a pushover

Can he not get through at least one fight without stabbing someone in the eyes?

For real. Right when it happened you heard Joe say theres the first one. Make the penalty bigger otherwise it becomes gameplan. Same with groin kicks.

Yes Jones proved to be the better fighter but he didn't finish after saying he was going to kill him. I think he found peace and decided to hug him to death...Break them up HERB!!

• Upvote 1

Lol, youre spamming Jay... I know the people who dislike Jones will be mad, but he basically stuffed all of Cormier's takedowns, had cage control and did not let cormier out his back against the cage in the clinch. He showed why he is the champ... Now Gus has to win to get back at him. Rumble isnt quite a pushover

Jon Jones basically did what Johny Hendricks did in his last fight except he won. Jones won round 4 other than that he wasn't convincing in any other round. I had rounds 2 and 3 definitely for DC. Rounds 1 and 5 you could have given to DC as well.

• Upvote 1

Jon Jones basically did what Johny Hendricks did in his last fight except he won. Jones won round 4 other than that he wasn't convincing in any other round. I had rounds 2 and 3 definitely for DC. Rounds 1 and 5 you could have given to DC as well.

Not really, if you look at cage control numbers, Hendricks had his head down getting elbowed and was even in fetal position for plenty of time.

If you look at the fight metrics and the scorecard this was NOT close, Round by Round he was only outstruck by 4 in round 2 (which i wouldve given to Cormier)

Jones_vs._Cormier.0.0.jpg

Take a point for his eye poke and he still wins on all 3 judges

I thought DC won two rounds but that Jon won the fight. DC was gassed out in the championship rounds. Jon's TD defence was pretty good, but I feel like him eating all those clinch uppercuts is something Gus did to him and will also happen again. Good performance by Jon, but it wasn't the mauling he said it'd be.

I think Gus, channeling his inner GSP, said it best, "I am not impressed"

Not really, if you look at cage control numbers, Hendricks had his head down getting elbowed and was even in fetal position for plenty of time.

If you look at the fight metrics and the scorecard this was NOT close, Round by Round he was only outstruck by 4 in round 2 (which i wouldve given to Cormier)

Jones_vs._Cormier.0.0.jpg

Take a point for his eye poke and he still wins on all 3 judges

I can't believe you're using the judges scoring in this debate. We've seen in numerous occasions how the judges have been wrong in the past.

DC dedicated the fight in rounds 1-3, he kept pushing towards Jones being aggressive, trying to close the distance. Look at DC's face after the fight and compare it to Jones' recent opponents, hardly any damage at all. Jones was bloodied up in round 2/3.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Got up in the middle of the night to watch this. Thought Jones won easy enough and he didn't have to get out of 2nd gear.

Wont get up if they rematch as I cant see DC getting it done.

And I'm neutral, no like dislike of either just saying how I saw it as an independent.

Looking forward to Gus, Johnson and the winner fighting Jones.

Don't think DC is Jones's kryptonite.

Happy new year.

• Upvote 1

I am a little shocked there is any kind of "who won" debate at all here. Jones won pretty convincingly. I gave DC the 2nd round and I dont think he was close to winning any of the other rounds.

I think a lot of MMA fans were overvaluing DC's skills/abilities because of how he looked fighting HW's. He looked really fast compared to Barnatt and the likes, but Jones was obviously much faster. DC is 35 and past his physical prime so I doubt he ever gets another shot at Jones.

Jones took his boxing to another level too, his hands looked much faster and better then before. I know a lot of people get upset over the eyepokes, but it is way too effective of a maneuver for him to ever stop doing it. He uses that stiff arm to keep range so well, but as the ref told him last night, he needs to point the fingers up (which loses him a couple of inches of range though).

• Upvote 2

I am a little shocked there is any kind of "who won" debate at all here. Jones won pretty convincingly. I gave DC the 2nd round and I dont think he was close to winning any of the other rounds.

I think a lot of MMA fans were overvaluing DC's skills/abilities because of how he looked fighting HW's. He looked really fast compared to Barnatt and the likes, but Jones was obviously much faster. DC is 35 and past his physical prime so I doubt he ever gets another shot at Jones.

Jones took his boxing to another level too, his hands looked much faster and better then before. I know a lot of people get upset over the eyepokes, but it is way too effective of a maneuver for him to ever stop doing it. He uses that stiff arm to keep range so well, but as the ref told him last night, he needs to point the fingers up (which loses him a couple of inches of range though).

Im not shocked there is a debate, Bones can KO or Submit someone and there will still be that discussion the way people hate him. That stiff arm has been used by so many fighters since boxing became a major sport it is used in a variation of the philly shell. Do i like the eyepokes? NO. Will they continue to happen? Of course. But DC was so far away from the skill level of Jon Jones so i dont even expect a rematch, i doubt DC will even stay in LHW because he seemed to accept that he cant beat bones.

I know I'll get some flak for saying this but I neg'd him for posting a spoiler in a thread title on the day of the event. Its not against the rules or anything like that but it's kind of a dick move. Yeah it's a MMA sites and people will be talking about the events but can't we at least keep spoilers inside a thread, there's already a UFC 182 thread it could have been posted in. It's easy to avoid clicking on threads but not always easy to avoid headlines (especially when its ALL CAPs). It's a common courtesy on some MMA related sites and it should be the same way here in my opinion. (OK I'm ready for the "dont visit mma sites on the day of events" blah blah blah comments now)

• Upvote 1

I know I'll get some flak for saying this but I neg'd him for posting a spoiler in a thread title on the day of the event. Its not against the rules or anything like that but it's kind of a dick move. Yeah it's a MMA sites and people will be talking about the events but can't we at least keep spoilers inside a thread, there's already a UFC 182 thread it could have been posted in. It's easy to avoid clicking on threads but not always easy to avoid headlines (especially when its ALL CAPs). It's a common courtesy on some MMA related sites and it should be the same way here in my opinion. (OK I'm ready for the "dont visit mma sites on the day of events" blah blah blah comments now)

No flak from me, i agree... if i didnt know the results i wouldve been pissed

• Upvote 1

No flak from me, i agree... if i didnt know the results i wouldve been pissed

I didn't know the result before seeing the title of this thread so yeah I admit I'm a little bitter. I was able to watch the fight later in the evening and was just doing some casual surfing beforehand. I was trying to be careful but the thread title is pretty blatant and hard to avoid.

• Upvote 1