Computer generated fight odds

Sassano

Hi guys,

Not sure if this has been recommended before, I did a quick search and didn't see anything directly like this but anyway.

I play a game called Football Manager, and for every match you play, the game gives you some "computer generated" odds. As shown in pic:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachments/football-manager-2013-discussion/334977d1366852224-where-view-match-odds-screenshot-98-.png

Although it doesn't directly do anything to the game, I always check it and think it's a cool little feature. Like, it could potentially be a nice addition to the Scout feature because you know if your the under dog going into the fight, and just out of curiosity etc.

Not sure how it could be implemented or even if you all agree, but I just thought i'd suggest it because I love it in the football manager game :D (sorry if I make no sense.. its the afternoon after the night before) :winner: :wheelchair:

- Sass

• Upvote 6

its a great idea but

if this was to be put in the game it would take a long time to program it.

I'm no programmer but it doesn't sound like it would be that complicated of a feature to me. All it would take is some number crunching of the already available stats. It would be based off the fighters rank/hype, skill level, previous opponents rank/hype, and whatever other factors that can be thrown into the equation.

I'm no programmer but it doesn't sound like it would be that complicated of a feature to me. All it would take is some number crunching of the already available stats. It would be based off the fighters rank/hype, skill level, previous opponents rank/hype, and whatever other factors that can be thrown into the equation.

its not complicated it would take a lot of work

i've done a little bit of programming it will be hard and will take a lot of time for something like this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice idea.

It should be that ONLY bookies that can see the odds.

Make bookies count as REAL companies (ie, no other company if you have a bookie) and give them this special information to trade with.

Bookies pay to "research" the odds on individual fights and they can choose to study a fight even deeper (at extra cost) and get other exclusive info, like "has been training" or "cut history" for example.

Bookies could sell information to managers, punters, orgs, and any other interested party.

Similar to supps, a customer will never be 100% sure he is given the truth and may need to shop around.

I think this could make bookies relevant and generate some new interesting business activity.

I'm sure people will say that everyone will just get a bookie and study their own fights, but remember they would be giving up the chance to have a gym or any other company. Also, all the info would be things you could find out anyway with enough effort, for example, cut history can be worked out by going through all the opponents previous fights. All it actually does is put this info together with the generated odds into a "fight report". Maybe just a few exceptions to give them something exclusive, like the "has been training" I mentioned for example.