Pro Wrestling Tycoon

droptank21

Just an idea. An online simulator - similar to this one - but for Professional Wrestling. It's never been done before, but judging from how well MMATycoon works it would not be hard at all for the guys who made this sim to do. Of course the moves would be different...bodyslams, clotheslines, piledrivers, etc...and variances for tag matches, hell in a cell, TLC and other gimmick matches as well as outside interference...but it would be highly entertaining and do-able.

Why wrestling you ask? Aside from soccer (football) and MMA...professional wrestling is something most international cultures enjoy as well. Mexico and Central American nations idolize Luchadors. Americans and Canadians...obviously pro wrestling is big there. Europeans...long history of pro wrestling, especially in Great Britain. Andre the Giant- a national hero to the French.

Again...it's just an idea...but a damn good one.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't work well since, news flash, wrestling is staged. So, with no real competition, what's the use? Also, I'm sure there have been a couple of such games.

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/ This one has the lame click-to-train system. At least it did the last time I tried it (half a year ago :D)

Hmmm, a non-troll-ish answer from me... Just doesn't feel right.

professional wrestling is something most international cultures enjoy as well.

Really? You are from the US right? I think wrestling is as American as it gets, because most people here joke about how ridiculous it is. I imagine that's the consensus in most of Europe and most of the world outside the US. The only countries I imagine it could be a success is the US and Turkey. That's still a large market so now you just have to make it happen.

Really? You are from the US right? Because most people here joke about how ridiculous it is. I imagine that's the consensus in most of Europe and most of the world outside the US. The only countries I imagine it could be a success is the US and Turkey. That's still a large market so now you just have to make it happen.

The japanese like it too, but the fights there are more impressive with more highflying, painful looking moves. MMA still kicks its ass.

I still dig wrestling a lot, and think a tycoon game based off wrestling would be a hell of a lot funnier then this one.

But I also think the coding for such a game would be a lot harder.

I still dig wrestling a lot, and think a tycoon game based off wrestling would be a hell of a lot funnier then this one.

But I also think the coding for such a game would be a lot harder.

And, since it's staged and pre-determined, people would leave as soon as their fighter would be made a jobber. Of course, there would be a lot of possibilities for training. Acting classes for the promos, gymnastics for highfliers, stuntman training for huge falls maybe, weights to gain muscle mass and other stuff.

Really? You are from the US right? I think wrestling is as American as it gets, because most people here joke about how ridiculous it is. I imagine that's the consensus in most of Europe and most of the world outside the US. The only countries I imagine it could be a success is the US and Turkey. That's still a large market so now you just have to make it happen.

I don't think you could be farther off here.

Professional Wrestling is massively huge in Japan, Mexico and USA. If I had to name the top three countries for professional wrestling, it would probably be those 3, in that order.

Beyond that, Europe is very much into Professional Wrestling. The WWE does amazing business when it tours Spain and England and France and Germany and Austria and here and there. Furthermore, there are much smaller, local organizations that are also very popular in those areas.

And, since it's staged and pre-determined, people would leave as soon as their fighter would be made a jobber. Of course, there would be a lot of possibilities for training. Acting classes for the promos, gymnastics for highfliers, stuntman training for huge falls maybe, weights to gain muscle mass and other stuff.

you relly are stupid jeepis it would'nt be like that in a video game just because professinal wrestling is fake i think it would work well i actully thought of the exact same thing when i started playing this like this is my favorite online game but i think if they made a wrestling game like this it would be a big success currently the only wrestling games i know of are vow.plit.dk and like you said thewrestlinggame.com the wrestlinggame is just strait shit but vow's not bad i palayed it for awhile but i think wrestling tycoon would be a awsum game maybe even better then this who knows if mike could figure out how to relate everything to wrestling i hink he could make another solid game that would take those other two wrestling games players tho i think changing it from a mma game to a wretsling game would be hard work

I don't think you could be farther off here.

Beyond that, Europe is very much into Professional Wrestling. The WWE does amazing business when it tours Spain and England and France and Germany and Austria and here and there. Furthermore, there are much smaller, local organizations that are also very popular in those areas.

Okay if that's true than I'm the ignorant one, but I want to see them try it here in Belgium or Holland. People don't even know what the WWE is. We call it fake wrestling and joke about it. I couldn't name one wrestler except for Hogan I guess that's a while ago. You won't find wrestling ever on television either.

I must say I don't really believe you though. I'm just curious, but how do you know WWE does amazing bussiness in Europe? Are you their accountant?

haha, MMA isn't kicking pro-wrestlings ass anywhere, ESPECIALLY JAPAN. I don't watch it much anymore but trust me, everyone of their 'superstars' out earns the biggest MMA stars. Brock took a pay cut to fight for real.

as for the game, the matches don't have to be staged in the online game. thats the only way to keep it interesting imo.

I'm just curious, but how do you know WWE does amazing bussiness in Europe? Are you their accountant?
they sell out big arenas and are on tv. matter of fact, without the overseas-business WWE would be nowhere near as successfull as business in the US has been going down. outside of the US WWE is still ahead of the UFC.

you relly are stupid jeepis it would'nt be like that in a video game just because professinal wrestling is fake i think it would work well i actully thought of the exact same thing when i started playing this like this is my favorite online game but i think if they made a wrestling game like this it would be a big success currently the only wrestling games i know of are vow.plit.dk and like you said thewrestlinggame.com the wrestlinggame is just strait shit but vow's not bad i palayed it for awhile but i think wrestling tycoon would be a awsum game maybe even better then this who knows if mike could figure out how to relate everything to wrestling i hink he could make another solid game that would take those other two wrestling games players tho i think changing it from a mma game to a wretsling game would be hard work

Hey, I might be stupid, but at least I know proper grammar and actually use punctuation and caps.

they sell out big arenas and are on tv. matter of fact.

Yeah but so does Helmut Lotti. Do you know who he is? He is a Belgian singer and sells records all over Europe. And like I said, WWE is not on television in Belgium. And where are all the gyms training wrestling?

Why would Louis Theroux bother to go to the US to make a documentary about wrestling for his Weird Weekends series if it's all so well known in our own backyard?

Can any European confirm that WWE is big here?

Yeah but so does Helmut Lotti. Do you know who he is? He is a Belgian singer and sells records all over Europe. And like I said, WWE is not on television in Belgium.

Well, WWE isn't too big in Latvia. We can occasionally see it on Eurosport, but it's very popular in the Latvian torrent trackers.

Yeah but so does Helmut Lotti. Do you know who he is? He is a Belgian singer and sells records all over Europe. And like I said, WWE is not on television in Belgium.

I'm american and I think fake wrestling is pretty boring now. When I was little (maybe 9 or 10?) I was fascinated by it (The Rock, Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan, Big sexy Kevin Nash) til I found out it was fake then I slowly started losing interest. Now I really can't watch it. Don't have any respect for the professional wrestling business either, I saw this thing about Brett Hart and Vince McMahon, Steve Austin, some documentery about wrestling.

With that being said, I could see how little kids could be indulged by it, but they have plenty of wrestling games. Why waste the time? Why not make sure MMATycoon better or keep it running smoothly (doin a great job other than the lil delay but that shit happens). I'd rather see Mike spend half of the time he spends now with MMATycoon than any time on making a wrestling tycoon. Then again maybe I'm just selfish and self-centered.

My point about losing interest in wrestling is that now I'm older, me and anybody else I know pretty much make fun of the fake stunts. So I'd have little to no interest in it. I couldn't tell you the last time I watched it and as for wrestling fan base, I'd say the most corrupt places love wrestling. They can take bets on it and choose the outcome of the match. Of course it's popular in Japan and Mexico.

All the mexicanos and japs bet like crazy on wrestling crap, and then the owner turns the tides tells one guy to take the dive, and wala.. lotta money made for the mafia and yakuza...

:D

Yeah but so does Helmut Lotti. Do you know who he is? He is a Belgian singer and sells records all over Europe. And like I said, WWE is not on television in Belgium. And where are all the gyms training wrestling?

Why would Louis Theroux bother to go to the US to make a documentary about wrestling for his Weird Weekends series if it's all so well known in our own backyard?

i know Helmut Lotti (every grandmas wet dream) and i am from Europe. Belgium is a small country, but WWE has even been there and will go there again this year (nov. 6, just googled it).

do you really wanna argue about this even though you admitted knowing close to nothing about the matter? WWE is on free-tv on the weekends in germany (therefor austria & switzerland too) ..at like 10pm. thats millions of kids watching the Undertaker right there. i dont know details about the other countries, but i do know WWE is going all over the world. the video-games, merchandise etc. like i said, WWE is a few steps ahead of UFC. they countered their declining business in the US with bringing the WWE to all over the world.

you do it right though, you really shouldnt trust everything you hear but in this matter you can trust the people in this thread who say that WWE is big internationally.

Ok Fin, you win. I find that I have reason to doubt the it when somebody outside Europe tells me that WWE is big in Europe when I have never even heard of it. And about Helmut Lotti, you looked that up right? :P

Ok Fin, you win. I find that I have reason to doubt the it when somebody outside Europe tells me that WWE is big in Europe when I have never even heard of it. And about Helmut Lotti, you looked that up right? :P

i really do know him :P. i barely watch TV anymore but when i did .. he even was on "TV Total" (big late-night-show on a german channel) .. he had a tough childhood that made him this super-fake-seeming-grandma-loving .. bah, whatever. thats too much talk about Lotti already .. i just hope you dont enjoy his music .. im veeerrry open to all kinds of music but his is taking it too damn far :P.

Okay if that's true than I'm the ignorant one, but I want to see them try it here in Belgium or Holland. People don't even know what the WWE is. We call it fake wrestling and joke about it. I couldn't name one wrestler except for Hogan I guess that's a while ago. You won't find wrestling ever on television either.

I must say I don't really believe you though. I'm just curious, but how do you know WWE does amazing bussiness in Europe? Are you their accountant?

I see others have attempted to inform you that you are way off, but your responses to them make me think you are just being sarcastic. Not sure.

Either way, I know that WWE does amazing business in Europe because WWE is a public company who is required, by law, to release their financials to the public. A simple google search will provide these numbers for you as well as probably interviews, etc. with the WWE CFO. As I believe Franky said previously, one of the reasons WWE is still in business is because, in an effort to compensate for faltering domestic attendance and PPV buys, they have so effectively expanded the International market. I don't have the interest in doing a full report here, but WWE Weekly television is available in many foreign countries ranging, again, from England to Spain to France to Germany to Austria to India to China. In addition, WWE monthly PPVs are available in most, if not all, of those markets - sometimes on free TV (I believe Sky in England used to air WWE PPVs, but maybe I'm wrong).

The most glowing statement I can make, though, that will also perhaps give you an analogy that you can understand, is that the UFC, in its effort to globalize UFC, is widely recognized for "following WWE's model".

With that said, WWE is still a "joke" in America amongst a large chunk of society, but don't be fooled that there is not a market for their product - both in America and abroad.

What does Ed McMahan have to do with anything??????????????????????

Anyways, I really don't understand why people hate on wrestling so much. Of course it isn't real, it is a show just like any other show on TV. They just make a LOT more money and are more popular. I just DO NOT GET why people make fun of professional wrestling. I have read that some of you joke about it and poke fun...... why? Because it isn't real? Every show on TV is not real (EVEN REALITY SHOWS ARE ALL STAGED!) Seriously, the WWE, TNA, ROH, whatever are all forms of sports entertainment. They are to entertain and they just use very gifted athletic and charismatic stars.

People hate on wrestling because it is fake and that is the biggest joke of all. They are actors who perform stunts in a ring. Why would someone make fun of that? People don't make fun of Tom Cruise because he REALLY isn't ETHAN HUNT (From Mission Impossible). So why would you make fun of an athletic form of entertainment. It is just a stupid reason to hate something to be honest. Some people are just like that though and I feel sorry for you.

There is nothing wrong with liking professional wrestling. There is no difference between liking the WWE and liking the show Friends or Full House!!!

Brock was a professional wrestler and now he is one of the most dominant fighters in the real fighting UFC so how can you hate on that? Oh because he once was a actor and performer in the WWE? HAHA stupid excuses really.

What does Ed McMahan have to do with anything??????????????????????

Anyways, I really don't understand why people hate on wrestling so much. Of course it isn't real, it is a show just like any other show on TV. They just make a LOT more money and are more popular. I just DO NOT GET why people make fun of professional wrestling. I have read that some of you joke about it and poke fun...... why? Because it isn't real? Every show on TV is not real (EVEN REALITY SHOWS ARE ALL STAGED!) Seriously, the WWE, TNA, ROH, whatever are all forms of sports entertainment. They are to entertain and they just use very gifted athletic and charismatic stars.

People hate on wrestling because it is fake and that is the biggest joke of all. They are actors who perform stunts in a ring. Why would someone make fun of that? People don't make fun of Tom Cruise because he REALLY isn't ETHAN HUNT (From Mission Impossible). So why would you make fun of an athletic form of entertainment. It is just a stupid reason to hate something to be honest. Some people are just like that though and I feel sorry for you.

There is nothing wrong with liking professional wrestling. There is no difference between liking the WWE and liking the show Friends or Full House!!!

Brock was a professional wrestler and now he is one of the most dominant fighters in the real fighting UFC so how can you hate on that? Oh because he once was a actor and performer in the WWE? HAHA stupid excuses really.

I've got nothing against WWE, but every time I see Tom Cruise on TV or the internet, I totally laugh my ass of because he's not Ethan Hunt. :D

Also... No one likes Full House...

Wrestling nowadays is like opera, either you love it or you hate it. Either way even though it is staged and rehearsed, it still takes amazing training and bodies really get banged up and bones get broken. Cactus Jack during his career broke almost every bone in his body. That's real blood in a hardcore match. Another example (like Brock Lesner) Ken Shamrock, one of the kings of UFC when it began, got his big start in the WWF (now WWE). I think it would do well but I'm just not ready to try to do two text based fighting games so I wouldn't play it.

That's real blood in a hardcore match. Another example (like Brock Lesner) Ken Shamrock, one of the kings of UFC when it began, got his big start in the WWF (now WWE). I think it would do well but I'm just not ready to try to do two text based fighting games so I wouldn't play it.

It is mainly blading blood tho ;)

Kens big start was in UFC, he was just brought into WWF because he could be 'The worlds most dangerous man' having been in UFC

I still watch wrestling, have since i was 4-5 (except for a few year gap) and it is just a soap opera for men :D Some of the promos are fantastic (We love Santino) and they have a number of good to great matches every month

Yeah, but have you ever tried being cut with a blade while running around doing stunts and sweating? I'm not saying it's all real, but it's not easy.

Paolo Mendez is proud to be sponsored by the best clothing company Firebird Designs and be supplied by the best supplement company Non-Stop Nutrition

And you're not supplied by the best nutrition company, That would be Demonic Drugs. LOL