Dave Herman Arrested and Tased

Madness

Well.... That must suck.

http://www.foxsports.com/other/story/former-ufc-fighter-dave-herman-tased-and-arrested-after-police-chase-012015

Former UFC fighter Dave Herman tased and arrested after police chase

Former UFC fighter Dave Herman was arrested early Tuesday morning and charged with several felonies after allegedly leading Indiana police on a car chase that ended with the heavyweight being tased by officers.

According to a report from the Dekalb County Sheriff's Department via their Facebook page, Herman was traveling at high speed on the highway with no headlights or taillights and officers immediately attempted to stop the vehicle.

The report states Herman continued driving for another two to three miles with police in pursuit before finally pulling off an exit.

Herman allegedly parked his vehicle at a gas station, and according to police statements he exited the car and approached the officers in "an aggressive manner".

The report says Herman was given multiple warnings to stand down and get to the ground, but when he failed to do as the officers commanded they had to use tasers to finally take him into custody.

At the time of the stop, Herman was allegedly traveling with a female and a small child in the car with him as well.

The report states that Herman is being charged with multiple felonies including resisting arrest, battery against law enforcement and neglect of a dependant.

Herman last fought in the UFC in 2013 before being released after suffering four consecutive losses inside the Octagon.

• Upvote 1

Wow, they picked the WRONG chick to mess with !

Dave should be proud of her, I think she will kick more ass than he can .

Well he fucked up by driving another 3 or so miles to a better lit area to record. The cops must have been on edge because of this as maybe it was an ambush of sorts? Maybe looking to far into that, but I can understand them being on edge because of it.

However, the tazing seems unjustified as he did not act like a thread, he had his hands up and simply requested ID from the cops. The 3 forms of ID seems a bit too much if you ask me, but if its a right for them to ask.. so be it. At the end, when they ask about the camera footages from the officers, it feels a bit staged.. I believe they knew they fucked up and just wanted that to be on camera incase legal action was taken.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

yeah i think he lucky he didn't get his ass shot.I that was a trigger happy cop like a swat team member he be dead and droppings your hand to your hips when you have your hands up instead of turning around and placing your hand on your head .he could have so quickly shot with a real gun ,I think if he stayed in the car and pull over when he saw it was a mark police car we might have not even been charged .

I think the cops might have done something shady on the camera.O yes all the cameras we have were not recording who do they think there fooling :graduated: . .I think they most likely were talking trash about the guy when then scam his licence plate and said some smack mma fighter a lesson or something like that which you get the case throw out and then sued .

I think that what the older cop ask him before he made that big speech at the end in front of your one.I think that why the camera were not recording (cough cough) but they most likely were saying were going to kicked that mma fighters ass if this prick does not pull over or something like that .

I surprised he was not charge with some drug offence.He look like "he was feel no pain" and on something at the time .

Well he fucked up by driving another 3 or so miles to a better lit area to record.

I doubt it had anything to do with recording and more to do with wanting to be pulled over in a lit area. This is absolutely allowed and acceptable. When I was in the Army Ft Bragg was having problems with fake cops pulling people over and the cops themselves told the soldiers to go to a well lit area for safety.

And unfortunately asking for ID is too much for cops... and by asking "do you understand..." that is showing the actions were punitive... not necessary to apprehend. This case has a very good chance of being tossed.. but it's going to cost a lot of money.

Also looks like the posts bragging about it are gone.

I doubt it had anything to do with recording and more to do with wanting to be pulled over in a lit area. This is absolutely allowed and acceptable. When I was in the Army Ft Bragg was having problems with fake cops pulling people over and the cops themselves told the soldiers to go to a well lit area for safety.

Well it makes sense to go a well lit area for sure. If it a general rule/law that they are allowed to drive to an area like that, he certainly is in his right and the cops were even more so out of line. But if not, I could see him not stopping straight away become an issue if he does take legal action.

• Upvote 1

I'd be shocked if there was a law that said you are not allowed to go into a well light area and must pull over immediately. Use your head.. if you are cop, where do you want a traffic stop to take place:

1) Well lit area OR dark road?

2) Parking lot of a gas station OR on a dark road?

The parking lot is safe of vehicles going by at speed and is lit.. sides of roads are not. It's common sense.

• Upvote 1

http://www.uticaod.com/article/20141121/OPINION/141129961/10079/OPINION?template=printart

Last week, several motorists reported being stopped by a man impersonating a police officer. On Friday night a Utica man was arrested and charged with second-degree criminal impersonation and unlawful imprisonment, both misdemeanors, Utica police said.

If you suspect the person trying to stop you is an imposter, turn on your flashers, slow down and call 9-1-1. Dispatchers will be able to tell you if it is in fact a real officer. You cannot get a ticket for using your phone if you’re calling 9-1-1.

If you don’t have a phone, police suggest you continue to drive until you’re able to pull into a public, well-lit area. A busy parking lot where there are other people would be a good choice.

• Upvote 1

I'd be shocked if there was a law that said you are not allowed to go into a well light area and must pull over immediately. Use your head.. if you are cop, where do you want a traffic stop to take place:

1) Well lit area OR dark road?

2) Parking lot of a gas station OR on a dark road?

The parking lot is safe of vehicles going by at speed and is lit.. sides of roads are not. It's common sense.

Well seems he is covered then :)