UFC 184 Rousey vs Zingano Pick'em

kenlow73

Rousey isn't even that far above everyone in her division, it's just that they all play to her strengths in the fight by getting in close rather than using what one would think is a logical strategy against an Olympic Judoka.

Seriously every time she fights it's like when male heavyweights dumbass it up and hang out in Werdum's guard amplified by thousands.

• Upvote 2

Rousey isn't even that far above everyone in her division, it's just that they all play to her strengths in the fight by getting in close rather than using what one would think is a logical strategy against an Olympic Judoka.

Seriously every time she fights it's like when male heavyweights dumbass it up and hang out in Werdum's guard amplified by thousands.

Rousey is good, but you're 100% right. Both of her last opponents (finished in under 20 seconds) bum rushed her with little to no plan.

I'm hoping the people who are predicting a longer fight are right, but I keep thinking about the first round of the Nunes and Tate fights and just expect Ronda to merc her.

Ronda Rousey vs Cat Zingano (2nd round (t)KO )

Raquel Pennington vs Holly Holm

Jake Ellenberger vs Josh Koscheck

Alan Jouban vs Richard Walsh

Tony Ferguson vs Gleison Tibau

Mark Munoz vs Roan Carneiro

Roman Salazar vs Norifumi Yamamoto

Dheigo Lima vs Tim Means

Derrick Lewis vs Ruan Potts

James Krause vs Valmir Lazaro

Masio Fullen vs Alex Torres

7-3

I'm not saying she would win I'm just saying she could compete with her. People see these quick finishes as total domination but I think fighters could do so much better against her once they spend some time in there with her. Again not saying they would win but she wouldn't look like Jordan.

After a while though the iffs, and, or, buts are just that though.

If it were one or two fights it would be one thing. When she ends 90% of her fights all with quick finishes it's time to point to a very large skill set difference imo.

Ronda Rousey vs Cat Zinano

Raquel Pennington vs Holly Holm

Jake Ellenberger vs Josh Koscheck

Alan Jouban vs Richard Walsh

Tony Ferguson vs Gleison Tibau

Fox Sports 1 Prelims 8PM EST

Mark Munoz vs Roan Carneiro

Roman Salazar vs Norifumi Yamamoto

Dheigo Lima vs Tim Means

Derrick Lewis vs Ruan Potts

Fight Pass Early Prelims 7PM EST

James Krause vs Valmir Lazaro

Masio Fullen vs Alex Torres

7-3

Went 7-3 ....

1. It's so sad to say, but I think Munoz is in a bad situation here. I want him to come back and win, anyhow ... It's funny Roan dedicated the fight to bigfoot ... :P What he should have told was 'See bigfoot, this is how things are taken care of .. u should retire ! :P

2. Damn .. Ferguson was good. Taking out a guy like Tibau, just like that !

3. Ellenberger looked awesome .. but against out of form josh. I like both the guys ... but Jake's punches were slower than before. And he's still waiting in a defensive shell , just like he did against Rory ...

4. Holm was just fighting a boxing fight ( with some kicks integrated ) ... Rocky could have done more with Holm, but I think she was caught up in the hype. Holm was just trying to score points ... she was just touching Rocky ...

5. Rhonda is awesome !!! she is really a great fighter ... but I'm really tired of Joe Rogan telling that Rhonda is the greatest mixed martial artist right now ( she might be in the women's division..with her dominance like no other ) ... but I think Rogan is screwing her or something to talk so much pros about her ...

she is great, but Rogan saying there's nobody who can beat her ... that there's no 'credible contender right now'
damn .. at least Cyborg should be given a chance ... if Rhonda beats her then there is no doubt ... It shouldn't be for the title even .. just a catch-weight bout is enough .. then we can see who's hype is really true and then Rogan can take a freaking gramophone and go around the world saying how amazing Rhonda is  
no offense to Rhonda..she is a great fighter .. but I can't stand this Rogan guy ...
the only possible explanation is Rogan is screwing her or something :P

and Rhonda will destroy Holm ... I don't know much about Bethe ( that Brazilian girl ) ... but if uncle Dana gives Rhonda the Holm fight, thatz a massacre.
Cat should have sticked to a better game-plan ... I really feel sorry for her ....

After a while though the iffs, and, or, buts are just that though.

If it were one or two fights it would be one thing. When she ends 90% of her fights all with quick finishes it's time to point to a very large skill set difference imo.

I do think she would beat anybody but I'm not ready to say she's unstoppable. Her fights are so quick and her opponents make mistakes (which she capitalizes on) but I still have questions on her game. She's like Anderson in my opinion. Incredibly dominant but he had holes in his game and they have been exposed. Nobody has been able to expose her holes or at least put her in a different position than her seeking an armbar. I thought Cat could land some shots, stop some takedowns, etc. and I think she can still be competitive against her but she made a retarded move by bum rushing her. We still don't know how large of a difference in skill set there is because we see the same thing every single fight.

and during the post fight show Dana saying that Rhonda is ready to fight Cyborg. but Cyborg should make the weight. Rhonda is the champ in 135 and shit.

I say why not make a non-title catchweight bout and everything will be settled :)

Furthermore Dana saying that, Rhonda's the one breaking records ... and Rogan praising Rhonda everytime he take a microphone to his hand ... both of them are forgetting how Anderson always moved up in weight to fight without no fear .. Anderson was breaking records too ...he was at the top pf his game ( better than Rousey )
then y this special treatment to Rhonda, and Rhonda only ?
I am not a Rhonda hater .. I am fan of this sport and Rhonda obviously .. but as i said what is right is right ... and whatz fair is fair ...
unless, this is just WWE all over again ..

whats up with the lets rush ronda tactics. It's been done before... it's failed before... and it failed again. The equation is, rush + ronda = lay flat on your back and be submited.

Women in general just haven't seemed to build up their collective fight IQ yet. Give them 20 years and maybe they will figure it out. Ronda is way ahead of them in that respect. She has some gaps in her game, but she is smart enough to work around them. Most women fighters know one way of fighting and can't adapt. WMMA just doesn't have the experience yet. Atom weight there are some women who are getting it. I wish UFC recruited them.

I do think she would beat anybody but I'm not ready to say she's unstoppable. Her fights are so quick and her opponents make mistakes (which she capitalizes on) but I still have questions on her game. She's like Anderson in my opinion. Incredibly dominant but he had holes in his game and they have been exposed. Nobody has been able to expose her holes or at least put her in a different position than her seeking an armbar. I thought Cat could land some shots, stop some takedowns, etc. and I think she can still be competitive against her but she made a retarded move by bum rushing her. We still don't know how large of a difference in skill set there is because we see the same thing every single fight.

Imo it has more to do with her just being that good.

Every woman watches her fights and thinks they can take her. They do nothing but drill arm bar defense, scrambling, etc and then they get in there and they get arm barred and say they just got caught. I dont think thats it anymore. I think its that she is so instinctive and so damn fast she is doing what they practiced defending much quicker than anyone they practiced against and its over.

Watch that fight again from last night. Its seems like out of control scrambling but look how fast Ronda gets her leg over and in position. Its a crazy combo of speed and instinct and I dont think you practice against that.

I dont think she is undefeatable either, but I dont think there is anyone in the current crop of UFC fighters that can come close.

• Upvote 1

Every woman watches her fights and thinks they can take her. They do nothing but drill arm bar defense, scrambling, etc and then they get in there and they get arm barred and say they just got caught. I dont think thats it anymore. I think its that she is so instinctive and so damn fast she is doing what they practiced defending much quicker than anyone they practiced against and its over.

Watch that fight again from last night. Its seems like out of control scrambling but look how fast Ronda gets her leg over and in position. Its a crazy combo of speed and instinct and I dont think you practice against that.

I dont think she is undefeatable either, but I dont think there is anyone in the current crop of UFC fighters that can come close.

agreed

Torrelio 9-1

handgrenaide 8-2

PJbullet 8-2

PBR 8-2

JLP 8-2

igorbyhenikov 8-2

Ramirez 8-2

bjornmma1 7-3

TheWolf 7-3

shiftas 7-3

Fallen.Angel 7-3

Mannetosen 7-3

Kole 7-3

Gonzasco 7-3

DavyJones 7-3

TheDude 7-3

Jacman 6-4

Deuce7 6-4

Sassano 6-4

Caleb613 6-4

ScoobyAli 6-4

warlord 6-4

darlotom5 6-4

GBK16 5-5

rdalycolts 5-5

kenlow73 5-5

DeadlyDirk 5-5

• Upvote 1

I agree Lance all the way up to her not being undefeatable. It's never going to happen. Sorry "Madness" the idea that women's fight intelegence not being hi and only fighting one way is not true. There are many women with a very high fighting IQ. Many that would make Ronda Rousey look like a house cat. What we see in the UFC and others like it are the best presented. Not necessarily the best in the world. Many would agree that Bruce Lee was the best during his time, yet you will not find a record of him competing. He thought is was a waiste of time and no help in a real fight.

We have heard at different times in history, the statement, there's (Name of Phenom) and then there is everyone else. Ronda is not just the best woman fighter, she is also just one of the truly gifted fighters on the planet. You here her story all the time. This stuff is part of her DNA. Her mom waking her up to armbars. Her getting into fighting because of being picked on everday. Her whole life since childhood has been dedicated toward being the best at this one thing.

She made up a modified armbar on the fly. It just clicks for her. The info runs through here like blood in her veins. As far as MMA goes for women, you have fighters and then you have Ronda. Those of you who don't like her, you are going to get really tired of looking at her and hearing her name. No name is going to ring louder until she decides she is done.

Rousey has the fight IQ. I was just saying it is clear the majority of the women in the UFC don't. Every fight I am slamming my head against the wall wondering why the hell did that woman do X or Y. Sometimes it just makes no sense. Why the hell would you ever rush into the clinch with Rousey? Obviously she is better than them, but they don't have to all rush to their death. When you know someone is great at something you do everything you can to avoid it. Tate is a good example. Everything she did was a textbook example of how not to plan for Rousey. She kept shooting TD's and ending up on her back every time. Most people would think to themselves maybe that is isn't working and I should try something else, but Tate just kept doing it until she got caught. You jab and keep your distance from a fighter like that. No body kicks she can catch. She would likely still destroy the other women in the division, but at least it would last more than 14 seconds.

I know there are some women with much better instincts. Rousey is one of them and I mentioned earlier some atom weight fighters who are not in the UFC. But in general they just haven't caught up to the men yet. The few who have like Rousey will look unstoppable until WMMA matures much like MMA has. I love watching her fight even if I don't love her as a person. As Lance mentioned she had it drilled into her from a very young age. Eventually you will start to see that more and more.

Her judo and armbar are clearly head and shoulders above anybody in her division and as you said her instincts are elite. It's the most amazing thing about her in my opinion. Still though when have we seen her in a position where her opponent wasn't trying to survive. I want to see her outside of that comfort zone. All of her opponents so far have played to her strengths at some point during a fight by getting in close and letting her get her hands on them. Like you said every single one of her opponents focuses so much on defending the armbar as if it's bound to happen. They go in with that mindset and it clearly hasn't worked. Hopefully others change that and maybe they'll have more success.

There's just so much mystery with her that I can still see other women on the current roster getting a win over her. With the right gameplan, mindset, training, etc. I think some women could get a win. Her strengths are so great that I still wouldn't bet against her though.

Rousey has the fight IQ. I was just saying it is clear the majority of the women in the UFC don't. Every fight I am slamming my head against the wall wondering why the hell did that woman do X or Y. Sometimes it just makes no sense. Why the hell would you ever rush into the clinch with Rousey? Obviously she is better than them, but they don't have to all rush to their death. When you know someone is great at something you do everything you can to avoid it. Tate is a good example. Everything she did was a textbook example of how not to plan for Rousey. She kept shooting TD's and ending up on her back every time. Most people would think to themselves maybe that is isn't working and I should try something else, but Tate just kept doing it until she got caught. You jab and keep your distance from a fighter like that. No body kicks she can catch. She would likely still destroy the other women in the division, but at least it would last more than 14 seconds.

I know there are some women with much better instincts. Rousey is one of them and I mentioned earlier some atom weight fighters who are not in the UFC. But in general they just haven't caught up to the men yet. The few who have like Rousey will look unstoppable until WMMA matures much like MMA has. I love watching her fight even if I don't love her as a person. As Lance mentioned she had it drilled into her from a very young age. Eventually you will start to see that more and more.

I agree with you Madness. Actually that is the point that I was making. Cat is suppose to be the best of the rest so why would she make such a horrible mistake. The only answer can be, Ronda is bigger than life and makes me nervous. I mean she had her shot. It was her chance. What she did with it was look worse than everyone else. That says something about Ronda. Your right about the contact with Ronda, but I just know Cat was thinking, there is no way I can end up in an armbar from a flying knee. Especially don't expect someone to make up a new one. lol.

• Upvote 1