Accepting/Declining fight offers (Once Again)

Scooby

I am new to match making, but what I do for my org. is try to fill the card at least 2 weeks out. if one of the fighters doesn't except I will cancel the fight and try to find a new fight for the accepting manager. if I can't find a suitable opponent, I try to find two fights a week before the fight.

I think one thing that makes it hard for some org owners are the number of contracted fighters. If you have a bunch of guys resting or not logged on or FAs it makes it difficult to fill events and always give sufficient notice.

I think the biggest problems coming from a org owner are you have a fighter signed to a contract that there manager doesn't log in everyday like most people do and you try to get there fighter a fight so you schedule the fight a few weeks in advance only to have their opp. Accept and then the offer sets for a week or two then when you do decide to pull the plug on the fight you feel bad because of the manager that accepted had been training for this type of opp. And what has happened to me is that every other fighter in the weight class is already book for a fight so you have to cancel the fight and the guy that accepted is basically punished because he has to wait until a fight had happened so he can get a new opp. And even then the opp. Might not accept for some reason so now the fighter that accepted the fight in the first place had to wait even longer. So to be honest I don't know what a good solution would be but I wanted to give you a org owner perspective on the situation. This doesn't happen all the time but it does happen.

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

So i am yet faced with the sams issue AGAIN! Fight later today (im assuming to fill a card) opponent has been logged on but wont decline... Obviously im not feeling too fond about this org anymore but what matters most to me is not being screwed in this fight

I was thinking of asking mike to set it up where no energy can be lost if the fight was accepted 12hrs prior

• Upvote 1

I just always assume the other fighter will accept, and proceed according to plan. If he cancels, no big deal. Most org owners would probably at least reimburse your travel expenses, if you asked them.

Ahhh this old conundrum....

As an ex-org owner i find it funny with all the people saying "if a card isn't filled 1-2 weeks before just change the card!"

Yes, an org owner needs to be on the ball but you have to remember an org will have an average of 80-120 people on the roster, which means they have roughly 60-100 different MANAGERS signed.

You will try to fill a card 3-4 weeks in advance, but there is always some idiot who will leave it hanging. And yes, it's easy for anyone who hasn't owned an org to say "well just change the fight" but when you are dealing with that many different fight cards and that many different fighters, it isn't always that easy to "just change the fight"

To all your org owners who are on the ball and are able to change the card... Awesome! But as an ex org owner i have to say the longer you run the org, the harder it is to consistently be able to shuffle fight cards and keep everyone happy. Real life is a factor too. If i was running my org full time, then there will be no need for short notice fights. But who am i to have a life AND run an online org, right?

What if the only fight available to the one who accepted is a mismatch? What if the only person available is someone they just fought? Or someone who is willing to take the fight but is injured?

Replace with 2 different fighters? What about the original guy who trained all that time? What if i face the same problem with the 2 new fighters??

There is no real right answer to this. As long as we are dealing with different MANAGERS there will always be a few that make the job difficult for org owners who try to book fights and their opponents who accept the fight.

Oh as for Scoob's original post... Just fly your fighter over to the destination for a "holiday" and have him do an interview :P

PS: yes i am aware you can't fly fighters in to do interviews.

• Upvote 1

Almost every time I accept a fight that "was/will be" rejected by the opponent, it stays in my "fight offers" page until the fight happens.

The same thing happens when I reject a fight, where the opponent has accepted.

I contacted a well respected manager before this weekend, where it looked like he hadn't accepted or rejected the fight with only 1 day to go. He told me when I Pm'd him, that he had rejected this fight a few days before, because or rather short notice.

Hence,,, there seems to be a bug in the "fight rejection" part of the system!

I think there is no reason for this kind of thing to even happen. Someone should never wait until the last minute to fill a card, if someone doens't accept a fight after a few days then there is a problem and you should scrap that fight try to set up another.

This is what should be happening, we should not need to find solutions for poor booking.

• Upvote 1

its not that simple, people reject fight offers for any and every reason. You have inactives and all kinds of other bullshit people do that screw the owner so when all the fights are scheduled out (like everyone wants 3-4 weeks in advance) then you have no other options anyway. With Beef i would just give up free wins because i would be saving the card... but who enjoys that?

The "Not give a fuck/well you shouldve fixed it earlier" attitude is the reason why good orgs get sold and closed up by good org owners who decide to just open gyms

• Upvote 1

It has taken me awhile to learn what org is worth a damned, and others... not so much. I used to be happy just getting signed, now I typically won't try a new org unless I have a glut of fighters in my first choices.