Island Season 4

elpadre

Anyone want to help me throw up some previews for the fights? I just got Bantamweight done, wouldn't mind someone else taking a division or two.

Don't like my comment motherfuckers help me :D

Guess I'm gonna be doing this myself again. Fun.

Should I make threads for each individual weight class preview or should I put them all in one thread?

This round was a bit much for me to do so I'll wait until next round and try and get some done.

Way too much work for one guy to do on his own. Maybe wait and do previews for the semi-finals.

Good luck to everyone participating in the tourney. Both of my first round matchups are making me a little nervous.

The Island season has been a ton of fun for me. I had my doubts when mike first announced it, but I'm willing to admit I was wrong on this one occasion. I'm already working on cutting a bunch of my mediocre fighters so I can go at least 4-5 island fighters deep next season.

Way too much work for one guy to do on his own. Maybe wait and do previews for the semi-finals.

Good luck to everyone participating in the tourney. Both of my first round matchups are making me a little nervous.

The Island season has been a ton of fun for me. I had my doubts when mike first announced it, but I'm willing to admit I was wrong on this one occasion. I'm already working on cutting a bunch of my mediocre fighters so I can go at least 4-5 island fighters deep next season.

I did it all last season but that was back in the days when I did 3 show previews a week.

Just while everyone who's in here will like The Island, you'll defo have a proper kickboxing org next season in Highland Kickboxing.

I did it all last season but that was back in the days when I did 3 show previews a week.

Just while everyone who's in here will like The Island, you'll defo have a proper kickboxing org next season in Highland Kickboxing.

I remember it from last season when you said to me before the tournament that you would do previews for all them and I was like ' whaaattt, no way!! ' . Turned out you meant it and you did a brilliant job with it! :P

Fuck off stop guilt tripping me for not doing it this time haha.

At Lightweight there were some massive moments. Quintonio Vasquez gets his 9 fight streak broken by 4-3 Mashrafe Mortaza. Fred Aslop, who probably should have been at Featherweight, gets dropped too leaving Wilson Willis as a massive favourite to win it now.

Heavyweight brought about the biggest surprise. Solitude's long time heavyweight champion, who only got his first loss recently enough, lost to 3-2 Donatello Flaminio.

They'll start dropping like flies but these are the biggest moments of the first round.

• Upvote 1

Vazquez loses after he got taken down inside the first minute despite having exception TDD, me predicting 100% takedowns & having him high counter. the fuck.

does his balance suck?

just cause he is good at takedown d and you predict its coming doesnt mean it wont happen. it just lessens the chances that it will happen, but there is still a chance he will get taken down

Sent Reggie a message to see if the over 25s (like Vasquez) can be released and I'll send a HG contract over. Not sure who is and isnt going to stick around but you guys know my love of The Island so nearly everyone is cool. I actually have to cut a few more than I want out just because Dinooo has limited me to 2 events a week now.