The Island Tournament Round 1 Preview

"Mario Barontini had just one professional fight coming into this contest, and now he’s 4-0 in the semi final. It’s truly incredible"

yes it is !! my dude surprised me too, i'm very happy to be in semi-final, since i'm very noob, thanks and good luck everybody :)

Great to see some buzz going around :D. Lazaro will need to be 100% on his game to beat Louie, but I think Lazaro may have improved more.

LHW you're probably right about Theodorou. Coleman will have to finish it early but Theodorou is essentially the favourite over everyone except LHW. I have just seen the clinch be so devastating across the board that I have a feeling Coleman will take the clinch early and stop it early.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/29/29w1.jpg

Darth Vader

Man what does someone have to do to win a round fighting on the ground? I felt I should have gotten the first round. Oh well though was a very good fight and I will admit defeat. I look forward to this new life outside of the Island. Can't wait for Arnold vs Ibaka should be a really good fight

• Upvote 1

IT'S HAPPENED! Mase Force upset the odds and stopped the legend Barney Gumble on cuts! I was on the edge of my seat reading that, seeing Gumble absolutely smash him in the clinch but in striking distance, Force was too much for him. Cross with a massive upset over Heyerdahl too there. About to move onto the other weight classes but WOW. Feel bad for Gumble losing in that manner.

I NEARLY LOST MY SHIT when Mcginty rocked LHW. What on earth is happening? Haha. LHW did what Gumble couldn't and overcame the odds to remain the king after the fight. Wow though. And LHW, you were right. Jake might have got clinched and cut, but he got the takedown and surprisingly the submission. On to Middleweight for more craziness.

great stuff Callum McGregor real good you picked Mib Louie to lose but still great stuff! lol Mib Louie will make it a fight ! lou will knock this man out or he will get knock out trying ! he may go down but he will go down swing Batter -up!

holy shit! Lazaro completely beat the crap out of Mib. That was way unexpected, seriously. Maybe I found the correct slider combination for him?...nah, he'll prob lose next round :P

• Upvote 1

At 20 yrs of age Magnus Cross has been hammered numerous times always fighting men 7 yrs his senior, True he is lucky to have notched up 11 unexpected wins. This experience is showing through come tournament time. Anyone taking bets?

Persistance paying off here winning despite a knockdown and cut. This young fella has been a big improver of late while the old slappers start to flounder.

Persistance paying off here winning despite a knockdown and cut. This young fella has been a big improver of late while the old slappers start to flounder.

I'm gutted that Cross cant fight for HG again until he's 25. The guy has turned his entire career around and now he's a legit contender.

holy shit! Lazaro completely beat the crap out of Mib. That was way unexpected, seriously. Maybe I found the correct slider combination for him?...nah, he'll prob lose next round :P

It was so close for a while, then boom, Lazaro started destroying him in the clinch. Louie is as legit as it gets. Lazaro could take this.

The Middleweight tournament final should be an easy win for Sevket because THIS time when I fight Hurmaaja I will NOT tick 'allow takedowns'.. And as for Zoran in the Lightweight division, I dont think that man can be beaten.

Sevket's turnaround has been amazing. I NEVER thought he'd beat Benvenuti, yet here he is like 4 fights later in the final of the Middleweight tournament. Good luck to him, I'm sure most people want to see him take this home.

Serge Ibaka takes over as the greatest Island fighter, Mamad Mouba loses to underdog Roumani, Ska Asap upsets Tony Bullard, Sevket continues his insane streak, Massa Hurmaaja puts an end to Alexsandar Mihaylov's rise....WHAT A ROUND!

Cant' wait for what's next, seriously.

BJ Arnold will beat serge ibaka

man what a shitty way for gumble to lose stop by ref for cut ! that sucks

Force lands an impressive looking overhand right. Gumble doesn't seem phased though.

The referee calls the doctor in to look at Barney Gumble's cut. Oh no, the doctor has called an end to the bout!

man what a shitty way for gumble to lose stop by ref for cut ! that sucks

Force lands an impressive looking overhand right. Gumble doesn't seem phased though.[/size]The referee calls the doctor in to look at Barney Gumble's cut. Oh no, the doctor has called an end to the bout![/size]

Gutted I lost I am sure we will do it again though.