Joseph duffy

jacky67

I watched the fight again, I'm really pumped for his next fights. It's not the results of the fight but the way he did it, he's some kind of exemple for others strikers. They'll have to test him with strong wrestler I just don't see someone beating him in a full striking fight.

I don't want to see him against a wrestler because he's more of a stand up fighter from what I know. Though he musn't be no slouch on the ground either, Norman Parke couldn't beat him and he has excellent Judo skills.

Well ... according to the stats, and the belts Duffy has got .. McGregor is nothing ... what McGregor has got more than Duffy is his sensational ability to hype up things and then back up his talk ...
but I think Duffy will be a more legit challenge in the 155lbs division ..... ( a little hyping by himself would do more good for Duffy :P )

Why did he stop boxing?seems there be more money in boxing if your good at it

If I were to hazard a guess, it's because the lower end of MMA payment is way higher than the lower end of boxing. The only people who make any kind of money in boxing are marquee main carders, Duffy's background is in MMA and his style looks perfect for a cage, so I think it's a safer career choice overall.

I'm super impressed with Duffy and hope they keep feeding him scrubs to demolish.

Why did he stop boxing?seems there be more money in boxing if your good at it

If I were to hazard a guess, it's because the lower end of MMA payment is way higher than the lower end of boxing. The only people who make any kind of money in boxing are marquee main carders, Duffy's background is in MMA and his style looks perfect for a cage, so I think it's a safer career choice overall.

I'm super impressed with Duffy and hope they keep feeding him scrubs to demolish.

I think it's because he's seen how successful and popular McGregor has become and he knows he's beat him before so he probably thinks he can reach the heights McGregor has reached and receive the same kind of pay.

The only thing is that Joe Duffy seems to be a lot more humble compared to Conor.

I've also read that he was having trouble with his hands because of how often he was using them in boxing where's in MMA he doesn't necessarily have to use his hands every day when he's training.

You know McGregor is ALL HYPE and spoon-fed fights (i wouldnt even put it past at least two of his opponents taking a dive)

DUFFY looks like the real deal, and actually looks capable of beating any type of fighter in the cage. We all know they are keeping McGregor away from wrestlers.

He's not all hype as he definitely has skill but I'd agree that they're matching them up with non wrestlers so far. I think if McGregor can't catch Edgar with his strikes, he'd be out wrestled and lose the fight.

That being said, I think McGregor is rumoured to have better ground work than Duffy but Duffy arguably the better boxing although McGregors strikes are unorthadox and come from all sorts of angles (watch fight vs Brimage for prime example)

Conor and Joseph are both awesome fighters and no doubt they have both improved since there first much but Connor just a Weeee bit more. 13-0 only 1 decision. Duffy 6-1 with 1 sub loss to Ivan Mussardo. I also think Conor has learned a lot on the ground from his teammates, so that 38 second sub win is not gonna happen at this point. A rematch would be interesting though, only Conor has his hands full right now though and he knows it.

I just hope They both fight a ufc wrestler though to shut a few people up.