Aldo vs Mcgregor

bjornmma1

I seriously hope Aldo beats the shit out of Mcgregor. Conor is an interesting fighter and I hope that one day he'll get the belt, but I want to see how he acts after a defeat. If he is a class act or not after losing.

And I just don't like the cocky way he was sitting there at that press conference. I hope that Also schools him

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I think McGregor will be respectful if he loses.

He is literally the only person I know who keeps telling everyone how humble and respectful he is.

i'm a little suprised at how popular McGregor is, he is not the most exciting fighter (not saying he is boring but i would rather watch Cub fighting if i'm after excitement) it must literally be down to the smack-talk...

the top featherweights in my opinion:

1. Aldo

2. Edgar

3. Mendes

tied in 4th Swanson, Lamas and McGregor.

It's all for a good show. I think he's an alright guy under it all.

Met him once in real life. He seemed like a good guy, but of course you don't know if they are nice just for show or whatever, but he talks pretty respectfully, didn't really act arrogant when talking to people.

He just knows that he can talk a good game, and he saw how it got Chael Sonnen up there, so why not?

• Upvote 1

i'm a little suprised at how popular McGregor is, he is not the most exciting fighter (not saying he is boring but i would rather watch Cub fighting if i'm after excitement) it must literally be down to the smack-talk...

I think he is exciting. He's not just a wade forward throwing punches kinda guy. He's cerebral about it, choosing his angles and shots to be unexpected and efficient. All of his fights have been fascinating to watch, and too brief.

Mind you I don't think I saw his Holloway fight that went to a decision - will have to go and check that out.

McGregor tore his ACL in the first or second round in that fight.

McGregor is incredibly good and him versus Aldo should be great. I think Aldo is gonna mangle him with leg kicks though.

• Upvote 1

I think he is exciting. He's not just a wade forward throwing punches kinda guy. He's cerebral about it, choosing his angles and shots to be unexpected and efficient. All of his fights have been fascinating to watch, and too brief.

Mind you I don't think I saw his Holloway fight that went to a decision - will have to go and check that out.

like i said he is not boring, but there are more exciting fighters in the division.

plus he has had brief fights with guys that they would never lock in a cage with Aldo...

• Upvote 1

McGregor will beat the McShit out of Aldo. He's an insanely good striker, incredible angles and a style that is different, hard to prepare and to fight against. Aldo's striking is Elite, but McGregor is Elite of the Elite. The movement and the flow of kicks from different angles makes him a scary KO artist. Also note that he's much bigger = more power, more chance for KO, especially against shorter guy with that straight left that McGregor plays very well... McGregor by TKO by rd3!

McGregor will beat the McShit out of Aldo. He's an insanely good striker, incredible angles and a style that is different, hard to prepare and to fight against. Aldo's striking is Elite, but McGregor is Elite of the Elite. The movement and the flow of kicks from different angles makes him a scary KO artist. Also note that he's much bigger = more power, more chance for KO, especially against shorter guy with that straight left that McGregor plays very well... McGregor by TKO by rd3!

you want to put a 100k on that ? in game of course lol aldo is way to good for him ! McGregor is good but this fight is about a year too soon

Like both guys here. I am supporting McGregor for sure though, would love to see an upset. Weidman did it why cant McGregor!?

McGregor's stance is incredibly suceptible to leg kicks. He got his feet kicked out from underneath him several times against Siver iirc.

• Upvote 1

McGregor's stance is incredibly suceptible to leg kicks. He got his feet kicked out from underneath him several times against Siver iirc.

Is McGregor stupid enough not to prepare for Aldo's leg kicks? I don't think so

I see Aldo getting the decision victory, but it will be a good fight

Is McGregor stupid enough not to prepare for Aldo's leg kicks? I don't think so

I see Aldo getting the decision victory, but it will be a good fight

I don't think he's stupid, but you can't change your style in one camp. Like tossen said, in the Siver fight he was falling like crazy, couldn't find balance. I think this will be the best Aldo finish in UFC. :) What about the bet?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1