The "If you had my fighters" thread

Timmy

Think my roster has changed a bit since the last time I was done. Got rid of two fighters and JD Wildstein will most likely be released after his next fight. Some of my fighters have picked up wins, some picking up losses since the last time, so I think it's time to do one of these for someone again :)

Snip

Best Fighter

Bragi Ragnarson (10-1) - he's a title holder and is looking pretty good as a 270k fighter. He'll need tested against some of the better 270k fighters before you'll find out if he's a keeper or not. Love his avatar. Found it strange that he's been sacked by so many different managers, guessing he might be a slow learner or something. Only received one KO loss when he went into a fight with low energy, so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Worst Fighter

Wampage Jackson (13-8) - This guy has had a rough time recently, all 4 of his MMA losses by KO have came in his last 4 losses. Could be an indicator that he's not good enough to compete with the big boys in 250k and so might be worth getting rid of him in the future.

• Upvote 1

Think my roster has changed a bit since the last time I was done. Got rid of two fighters and JD Wildstein will most likely be released after his next fight. Some of my fighters have picked up wins, some picking up losses since the last time, so I think it's time to do one of these for someone again :)

Best Fighter

Bragi Ragnarson (10-1) - he's a title holder and is looking pretty good as a 270k fighter. He'll need tested against some of the better 270k fighters before you'll find out if he's a keeper or not. Love his avatar. Found it strange that he's been sacked by so many different managers, guessing he might be a slow learner or something. Only received one KO loss when he went into a fight with low energy, so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Worst Fighter

Wampage Jackson (13-8) - This guy has had a rough time recently, all 4 of his MMA losses by KO have came in his last 4 losses. Could be an indicator that he's not good enough to compete with the big boys in 250k and so might be worth getting rid of him in the future.

Thanks mate. Yes I love Bragi, he's a future top fighter! Amazing secondaries also, so unsure why he's been dropped so many times! Love the avatar - Altair made it for me :)

Wampage was once my best fighter and his granite chin was incredible, but after his first KO loss his chin has dropped from like 150 to 120 :/

Master Leader:

You have yourself a very good roster there sir. A very young roster too I might add.

Best Fighter: Your best fighter for me is Shovel Knight at this moment in time is Shovel Knight. I know he is the highest rank so it seems an obvious pick, however he is a current champion in a very young roster; he is one of the most experienced fighters in a young roster. I also just love guys that can win by both knockout and submission, he is awesome. Only thing I might be worried about is that all of his knockouts are losses at a relatively low weight; but this is not a major concern as of yet.

One to Watch: Bragi Ragnarson. He may have been down as your best fighter if you'd have had him for longer; but you have only managed him for two fights so Knight gets the nod. Either way this guy is a beast; he is a terrifying heavyweight. 10-1 with all wins being knockouts, and 9 of those knockouts in the first round. This guy is a straight up killer; he looks great after his move to heavyweight as well. He has popped knockout power and a granite chin from the very beginning, he has all the tools to become a top heavyweight. I look forward to seeing how you do with him.

Honourable Mentions: Nobody on your roster is terrible; Cung Le has hit a speed bump, but his combination of power; heart and chin should allow him to get back in the W column before too long.

Arjen Overeem is also a solid fighter. He has big KO power, particularly in his head kicks. However; I like the fact that he also has a solid boxing game and good clinch work to back him up when he needs to grind out the decisions. The only worry would be his chin at this stage; he is not old enough to have a proper glass jaw just yet, but he seems to struggle against boxers who can avoid his head kicks and clinch game. Potential but must be handled correctly, I have every faith you will do this.

Hot prospect: Deontay Hunter is a hell of a prospect. After he lost his first fight; you clearly did something with his training or sliders that has made him look like a monster ever since. He has great power and is yet to lose a round in the cage. He has barely lost a minute. His only loss is one where he dominated the fight then managed to get taken down and submitted with only a couple of minutes to go. He has improved and I would like to see him against some more well rounded competition to test his abilities. His chin and heart has not been tested yet because he has beat the crap out of everyone he has fought.

Worst Fighter: Leo Sonnen is not too great. He is experienced and is a good wrestler; however seems to struggle for consistency. He seems to just alternate wins with losses and doesn't really have any great hiddens. His striking is improving; but it's obvious from his fights that his go to move is takedowns and GNP; which gets harder to implement the further up the game you go. He is young enough to still improve but I wouldn't hold your breath, he isn't making it to the creme of the crop.

Another One: "The Brixton Brawler" Wampage Johnson narrowly avoided the worst fighter tag as I believe he has faced slightly better competition than Sonnen. He's big; he's strong, he has power, he has a granite chin, although the latter seems to have deserted him as he has been knocked out in four of his last five fights. His recent record is terrible and there doesn't seem to be a Plan B for him when he is losing in the striking department.

Overall: You have a young roster; (like me) so it's difficult to talk about them too much without getting carried away. There is a lot of potential, and you as a manager seem very tactically astute and you know how to pick those free agents. I am certain you will grow in this game and make a big impact. Good luck

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Master Leader:

You have yourself a very good roster there sir. A very young roster too I might add.

Best Fighter: Your best fighter for me is Shovel Knight at this moment in time is Shovel Knight. I know he is the highest rank so it seems an obvious pick, however he is a current champion in a very young roster; he is one of the most experienced fighters in a young roster. I also just love guys that can win by both knockout and submission, he is awesome. Only thing I might be worried about is that all of his knockouts are losses at a relatively low weight; but this is not a major concern as of yet.

One to Watch: Bragi Ragnarson. He may have been down as your best fighter if you'd have had him for longer; but you have only managed him for two fights so Knight gets the nod. Either way this guy is a beast; he is a terrifying heavyweight. 10-1 with all wins being knockouts, and 9 of those knockouts in the first round. This guy is a straight up killer; he looks great after his move to heavyweight as well. He has popped knockout power and a granite chin from the very beginning, he has all the tools to become a top heavyweight. I look forward to seeing how you do with him.

Honourable Mentions: Nobody on your roster is terrible; Cung Le has hit a speed bump, but his combination of power; heart and chin should allow him to get back in the W column before too long.

Arjen Overeem is also a solid fighter. He has big KO power, particularly in his head kicks. However; I like the fact that he also has a solid boxing game and good clinch work to back him up when he needs to grind out the decisions. The only worry would be his chin at this stage; he is not old enough to have a proper glass jaw just yet, but he seems to struggle against boxers who can avoid his head kicks and clinch game. Potential but must be handled correctly, I have every faith you will do this.

Hot prospect: Deontay Hunter is a hell of a prospect. After he lost his first fight; you clearly did something with his training or sliders that has made him look like a monster ever since. He has great power and is yet to lose a round in the cage. He has barely lost a minute. His only loss is one where he dominated the fight then managed to get taken down and submitted with only a couple of minutes to go. He has improved and I would like to see him against some more well rounded competition to test his abilities. His chin and heart has not been tested yet because he has beat the crap out of everyone he has fought.

Worst Fighter: Leo Sonnen is not too great. He is experienced and is a good wrestler; however seems to struggle for consistency. He seems to just alternate wins with losses and doesn't really have any great hiddens. His striking is improving; but it's obvious from his fights that his go to move is takedowns and GNP; which gets harder to implement the further up the game you go. He is young enough to still improve but I wouldn't hold your breath, he isn't making it to the creme of the crop.

Another One: "The Brixton Brawler" Wampage Johnson narrowly avoided the worst fighter tag as I believe he has faced slightly better competition than Sonnen. He's big; he's strong, he has power, he has a granite chin, although the latter seems to have deserted him as he has been knocked out in four of his last five fights. His recent record is terrible and there doesn't seem to be a Plan B for him when he is losing in the striking department.

Overall: You have a young roster; (like me) so it's difficult to talk about them too much without getting carried away. There is a lot of potential, and you as a manager seem very tactically astute and you know how to pick those free agents. I am certain you will grow in this game and make a big impact. Good luck

Thanks mate! Shit I accidentally downvoted you - I'll upvote two other posts of yours.

A very comprehensive approach to looking at my roster, but I think Markyosullivan was next. Regardless I'm very happy with your input :D

Deontay Hunter should be 6-0 but I agreed with the other manager to go 0% aggression on all sliders to see what happens and Deontay abandoned ship. I used to always intentionally lose my first fight to test their confidence regardless, but nowadays I just try to win everything. But his first fight was just a test before I trained him properly. Deontay definitely has potential, but I'm worried he isn't learning quick enough.

Leo Sonnen I'll always be attached to but I kinda agree with you. The thing is he's my fastest learned BY A MILE. So has lots of sensational & elite skills already, hence why I haven't released him. Leo also has a great chin.

Shovel Knight I wouldn't say is my best fighter due to his questionable chin, but I love his versatility. I either opt for the pull guard & submit strategy or go for a KO using his sensational/elite striking.

What did you think of Julio Galvao? Again, I intentionally lost his first fight, but he has a granite chin, 7.5 learner (very good) and high confidence.

Thanks mate! Shit I accidentally downvoted you - I'll upvote two other posts of yours.

A very comprehensive approach to looking at my roster, but I think Markyosullivan was next. Regardless I'm very happy with your input :D

Deontay Hunter should be 6-0 but I agreed with the other manager to go 0% aggression on all sliders to see what happens and Deontay abandoned ship. I used to always intentionally lose my first fight to test their confidence regardless, but nowadays I just try to win everything. But his first fight was just a test before I trained him properly. Deontay definitely has potential, but I'm worried he isn't learning quick enough.

Leo Sonnen I'll always be attached to but I kinda agree with you. The thing is he's my fastest learned BY A MILE. So has lots of sensational & elite skills already, hence why I haven't released him. Leo also has a great chin.

Shovel Knight I wouldn't say is my best fighter due to his questionable chin, but I love his versatility. I either opt for the pull guard & submit strategy or go for a KO using his sensational/elite striking.

What did you think of Julio Galvao? Again, I intentionally lost his first fight, but he has a granite chin, 7.5 learner (very good) and high confidence.

When I looked at Galvao I just saw a guy who was 2-1 and got pretty brutally knocked out. However; with the knowledge that you lost this fight intentionally, I would say he has a lot of potential, Strong jiu jitsu with a granite chin is a pretty lethal combination, as long as he has good physicals, which most of your fighters seem to

When I looked at Galvao I just saw a guy who was 2-1 and got pretty brutally knocked out. However; with the knowledge that you lost this fight intentionally, I would say he has a lot of potential, Strong jiu jitsu with a granite chin is a pretty lethal combination, as long as he has good physicals, which most of your fighters seem to

Best-Mr. Joshua- KOed a GC in 14 seconds in his only fight.

Worst-Up and Away-Decisioned 2 guys who should've been KOed and has a weak chin.

• 1 month later...

Best-Mr. Joshua- KOed a GC in 14 seconds in his only fight.

Worst-Up and Away-Decisioned 2 guys who should've been KOed and has a weak chin.

First of all, 50% of your roster is 0-0 projects who I hope are better than the other 50% because I was a little disappointed at the standard of your 250k guys, while Yip does have a granite chin, he really is rather underskilled.

it looks like you're having some success with Gambloor.

Mythos and Menace both have undesirable pops and would be sacked in my book.

Best: Timothy McGee & Albert Ricci

First of all I like champions and Ricci seems like a promising fighter with good KO power and granite chin.

Worst: Ozuma Obata

It's very tough to pick since nobody is standout as the worst but Obata is 39 year old who got KO'd 11 times so I pick him.

Edit: Oops, forgot that Obata is a sparbot.

My roster is rather new because the old guards are gone so it would be tough for you to pick :)

For Victorio

Best - Hard to pick since the only guys you have fighting are 25 year old creations with no real long term value. So out of those available, I'll pick Johnny Scorpion. Doesn't look like he has great power, but he got Granite Chin and has a set build for fighting.

Worst - Clinton Hall - Popped Self Confident, Yuck

Potential - Hard to say as they are all 0-0 projects, but I'll say Bastian De Koning as long as his secondaries are what I think they are and he gets a decent hidden pop.

Note - For my roster, Eddie Clark, Douglas Quaid, Jacob Koch and Shinsuke Mitsurugi shouldn't be considered as they will likely be gone from my roster within a year. So from Robert Baratheon down to Maurice Von Fenwa should be taken into account. Ken Enlow is also going to be cut as he is a tournament fighter so please ignore him.

For Victorio

Best - Hard to pick since the only guys you have fighting are 25 year old creations with no real long term value. So out of those available, I'll pick Johnny Scorpion. Doesn't look like he has great power, but he got Granite Chin and has a set build for fighting.

Worst - Clinton Hall - Popped Self Confident, Yuck

Potential - Hard to say as they are all 0-0 projects, but I'll say Bastian De Koning as long as his secondaries are what I think they are and he gets a decent hidden pop.

Note - For my roster, Eddie Clark, Douglas Quaid, Jacob Koch and Shinsuke Mitsurugi shouldn't be considered as they will likely be gone from my roster within a year. So from Robert Baratheon down to Maurice Von Fenwa should be taken into account. Ken Enlow is also going to be cut as he is a tournament fighter so please ignore him.

Sorry Grant it's my whole new set of fighters so it would be hard to pick lol and how do you know De Koning has decent hidden pop?

Just came across this thread. Someone do my roster!

Best-There are lots of 25 year olds creations with nice records but i like Shawn "Heartbreak Kid" Barrientos the most.Nice nickname,all first round wins and granite chin sounds good to me.

Worst-Hakim Raza-19 year old with determined,cuts easily and nothing else.Hate it when your guy is dominating the fight and out of blue fucker starts to bleed and then you lose by TKO cuts.lol

For mr. J :

You have a pretty unusual roster in general, with a lot of veterans on it and plenty of KT guys. That's a rare mix at the moment it seems, but I know you are a big fan of fighting as much as possible and prefer standup.

Worst:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14305276628411.gif

Magnus Mamba

He is a 45 year old that seems to have lost his amazing ability to finish fights. I would seriously consider retiring him if I were you. He hasn't won any fight in his last 5 and doesn't really seems to have anything left in the tank anymore. Please prove me wrong in the future, but I doubt it to be honest.

Mamba used to be a fighter that I followed, but he has been out of my sight for some time now. That being said, the girls in the background are eyecatchers...

Best:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14211577033742.png

Aleksandar Dragovic

He is by far the most interesting fighter on your roster in my opinion.

Dragovic is still young, only 25 years old, has amazing striking skills + seems to have himself covered in BJJ as well. If you add to that his granite chin and a manager who knows how to play the striking game, then you have a really scary combination. I don't know if you are holding top orgs away from him for now, but I'm amazed that he isn't signed yet to the likes of EVO, Syn, MFN, CEC, Trinity, Gamma,....

C'mon J, unleash that beast and lets see if he is a worldbeater as he seems to be on first sight.

Remarks:

1) Your mexican guy with the unreadable name is one hell of a fighter and you are doing amazing with him. Beating Panikov, Karhu, Del Toro, ..., that's no joke. I was interested in him as well when JLP release him, but you were higher ranked at the time, you damn bastard. All jokes aside, he still seems to have a handfull of top fights in him left, so curious to see how far you can take him.

2) I think it's about time that you start retiring more of your old guys and create a bunch of new kick ass KT guys for the future. They all will have their own jet, so they can live in luxury, train their ass off and come knock guys out afterwards.

• Upvote 3

Best-There are lots of 25 year olds creations with nice records but i like Shawn "Heartbreak Kid" Barrientos the most.Nice nickname,all first round wins and granite chin sounds good to me.

Worst-Hakim Raza-19 year old with determined,cuts easily and nothing else.Hate it when your guy is dominating the fight and out of blue fucker starts to bleed and then you lose by TKO cuts.lol

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

For Bjorn:

Worst fighter: you have a very solid roster so it wasn't easy; and could easily change if I saw it again in a few months. I'm gonna go with Bo Xiang Pao. I know you recently picked him up from the FA list, but he has already lost 3 times in 8 fights, despite not having a great level of competition so far. I might be wrong about this; but he also doesn't appear to have great hiddens

Best fighter: Tycoon has Maldini down as your best fighter; but for me it has to be Fabian Hoi. He has had an incredible 2016 so far; with a very difficult schedule. He is also very exciting; and finishes most of his fights. He is also still in his prime in Tycoon terms, so I am not writing off a return to the pinnacle of the game at some point soon.

Side notes:

You have some really interesting prospects; I cannot wait to see where Origi goes from here. Your hard hitting heavyweight War Dawg is one to watch for sure. Overall you have a very good roster; with some very young projects coming up, it is hard for me to judge them at this point