Sparring Question

TerminatorX

Aighty, today I had two of my fighters, both wonderful rated boxers spar boxing one-on-one with each other. I figured that two guys with 110+ together would be able to help each other work their way up to elite. Alas there was no movement in thier boxing skill as they still sit at Wonderful--. So my question is why doesnt this work? Do you need to spar with someone higher in skill than you to make any progress? Or is it really bigger class size = better sparring.

Im stumped so any help is appreciated.

I've got two of my guys sparring boxing one-on-one with each other right now. One of them is Respectable, the other Feeble. They're both getting gains, so I don't think it's necessary to spar with someone better than you to get gains. I think it's just a matter of the higher your skill level is, the longer it's going to take to see those gains.

And it's also going to be affected by how fast a learner your guys are.

It's just a matter of skills going up slower as you get higher up there. It's going to take more than 1 session, more like 2 but more likely 3 or 4 to move 2.5 points.

The increases are not linear. What you might accomplish in 2 days at Useless might take 2 weeks at wonderful. Recently, there was a major gym getting black belts, and a number that stuck in my head was something like 64 sessions, and I am assuming that is starting from a brown belt. So you will probably train that for quite some time, and may feel it isn't worth it.

The increases are not linear. What you might accomplish in 2 days at Useless might take 2 weeks at wonderful. Recently, there was a major gym getting black belts, and a number that stuck in my head was something like 64 sessions, and I am assuming that is starting from a brown belt. So you will probably train that for quite some time, and may feel it isn't worth it.

64 sessions??? :suicide_anim:

that's like a month and a half training bjj twice a day 5 days a week :sad01_anim:

what made you think getting a black belt was easy?

well, under "normal" training circumstances (where you don't neglect every other training, and only spar a discipline like 3-4 times per week), that would take 5 months to get to black belt (assuming you start at brown). assuming your fighter has a fight every 45 days, then you can add another 4 weeks (due about a week of downtime after a fight to get your energy back up), and we're up to 6 months to get a black belt under "normal" training. i guess that makes sense, i hadn't really thought about the lifespan of a fighter on here. so i assume it'll take 9-12 months of "normal" training to get a red belt.

my dog farted and i thought it was my girlfriend... i wondered why her anus was so damn smelly and then immediately figured my penis had something to do with it. Now I sit at a crossroads...

my dog farted and i thought it was my girlfriend... i wondered why her anus was so damn smelly and then immediately figured my penis had something to do with it. Now I sit at a crossroads...

The story makes it sound like there were 3 in the room, but the punchline is that his dog and girlfriend are one in the same. Thankfully, he explained this to me because I am not good with jokes. he assures me gives her the best "milk bones," what ever that meant.