Do You Think CM Punk Is Worth the UFC?

Galaz

No. A fighter with zero MMA fights shouldn't be worthy of the UFC. From a business side of view, he is interesting, but he should have earned his stripes in lower ranked MMA orgs first before being allowed to the UFC to keep it acceptable.

HIm coming to the UFC directly is just the UFC looking to find another cash cow

No. A fighter with zero MMA fights shouldn't be worthy of the UFC. From a business side of view, he is interesting, but he should have earned his stripes in lower ranked MMA orgs first before being allowed to the UFC to keep it acceptable.

HIm coming to the UFC directly is just the UFC looking to find another cash cow

I agree. Even Brock Lesnar had a fight outside the UFC before joining the big league. But maybe, it is Brock Lesnar that paved the way for elite professional wrestlers to transition to MMA and fight in the UFC instantaneously.

What I said doesn't mean that I think he can't be or become a good fighter, but he hasn't proven anything yet, so he shouldn't have had the chance to join the UFC. There are tons of hardworking talents outside of the UFC working hard and fighting in the lower leagues to prove themselves, but a guy with zero pro fights get a UFC contract and most likely not a cheap one, based on his entertaining- and marketing value. Not a big motivation for those who are trying to prove themselves worthy of joining the UFC...

Scott Coker, a genius of MMA....

Puts on Ken Shamrock Vs Kimbo Slice....gets less abuse than UFC signing CM Punk.

Is trying to sign Tyson Fury....a guy with no MMA training....gets less abuse than UFC signing CM Punk.

What's wrong with doing a "spectacle" fight? I don't call them freakshows because people have misused that word to make it seem like it's weirder than it is. A freakshow fight is the ones in Japan; Royce Vs Akebono, Fedor Vs that giant etc.

• Downvote 1

Puts on Ken Shamrock Vs Kimbo Slice....gets less abuse than UFC signing CM Punk.

Is trying to sign Tyson Fury....a guy with no MMA training....gets less abuse than UFC signing CM Punk.

What's wrong with doing a "spectacle" fight? I don't call them freakshows because people have misused that word to make it seem like it's weirder than it is. A freakshow fight is the ones in Japan; Royce Vs Akebono, Fedor Vs that giant etc.

Top MMA orgs , and certainly the UFC, should be only about the top fighters fighting and not about trying to set up some 'spectacle fights' as well. As I said, it's interesting for marketing, but it sucks for the hardcore MMA fans and the real mma fighters who work their asses of trying to make it to the UFC

I've heard a lot of Brock Lesnar comparisons, The huge difference is that Brock is a freak athlete and NCAA champion.

CM Punk is a great performer and will be fantastic on the mic, however he's coming into his MMA debut already busted up from years of Pro Wrestling.

Nobody has a clue of his actual combat skills, he apparently has decent striking and some BJJ experience and i'm sure as hell that he can take a beating.

I'll definately be watching, but i don't expect him to fight for very long and I would only expect him to win against the first one or two squash opponents and then be used in a big match and lose really

The comparison of UFC to Bellator is like comparing WWE to TNA.

More like Do You Think This Thread Is In The Right Section?

'Cause it's not. :P

But on a serious note, cause moving it is easy, no I do not think CM Punk is worth the UFC. He is 0-0 and the UFC is supposed to be the elite fighters of the world. He is a marketing tool and nothing more at this point.

At least the freak shows were fucking interesting back in the day.

It's not fake or else Owen Hart would still be alive.

Owen Hart died due to a stunt gone wrong, that doesn't all of a sudden make wrestling real.

• Upvote 1

It's not fake or else Owen Hart would still be alive.

Wrestling = Scripted

Accidents = Real

As for the comparison of WWE and TNA vs UFC and Bellator, as good a comparison as you will get. One company who has dominated for as long as anyone can remember against a company trying to overtake them.

As for CM Punk, I am quite happy for it. If he turns out to be shit, we get to see a famous guy get his ass kicked, if he turns out he actually is pretty good, then UFC have someone else to fight for them, it just turns out he is a bigger draw than anyone else you will get with a 0-0 record.

Lesn

Wrestling = Scripted

Accidents = Real

As for the comparison of WWE and TNA vs UFC and Bellator, as good a comparison as you will get. One company who has dominated for as long as anyone can remember against a company trying to overtake them.

As for CM Punk, I am quite happy for it. If he turns out to be shit, we get to see a famous guy get his ass kicked, if he turns out he actually is pretty good, then UFC have someone else to fight for them, it just turns out he is a bigger draw than anyone else you will get with a 0-0 record.

I still reckon he should debut in CM Punk Promotions first