Health update

762x39

So I went to the heart doctor today, they are doing some tests on me as soon as they can get it set up to see if I need a bypass while they are in my chest. She said the valve has to be replaced soon, so she is planning to do it late next week once the tests are back. So much for 3 months, but I am glad to be getting it over with. She said there is increased risk to do it now, but more risk to wait. I will update this post once I have more information. She did say I am getting a mechanical valve because I am so young, it should last the rest of my life.

Thanks to everyone for the concern and wanting to be updated. All prayers would be greatly appreciated, my wife and kids are a upset, I am a little nervous but I tell them God didn't carry me this far to drop me now.

God bless you all and thanks to you again.

P.S. Wouldn't be great if the ground game were fixed by the time I feel like getting on the computer after surgery?!

• Upvote 16

So I went to the heart doctor today, they are doing some tests on me as soon as they can get it set up to see if I need a bypass while they are in my chest. She said the valve has to be replaced soon, so she is planning to do it late next week once the tests are back. So much for 3 months, but I am glad to be getting it over with. She said there is increased risk to do it now, but more risk to wait. I will update this post once I have more information. She did say I am getting a mechanical valve because I am so young, it should last the rest of my life.

Thanks to everyone for the concern and wanting to be updated. All prayers would be greatly appreciated, my wife and kids are a upset, I am a little nervous but I tell them God didn't carry me this far to drop me now.

God bless you all and thanks to you again.

P.S. Wouldn't be great if the ground game were fixed by the time I feel like getting on the computer after surgery?!

Hear Hear!

But seriously good luck and get well soon.

She said there is increased risk to do it now, but more risk to wait.

Look like you in good spirits anyway that helps.That quote maybe go what the hell :wacko: . If a doctor told me that i would not know what to think .I kinda had a chuckle and taught of the family guy doctor.here a clip you get a kick out of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bFNYu7VKpk

Hopefully mike wlll see this and get his ass in gear :thumbup:

• Upvote 1

Stay strong man. I hope surgery goes great and hopefully Mike will keep me updated on how you are doing. Try to do some relaxed fun stuff with your family to give your and their minds some rest. Don't be online too much in the next week, just have fun with your family and friends. The game might be cool, but right now you should focus on real life. Go online when you feel like it, but most of all make time for family and friends. You learned me that .

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Joe, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Keep fighting and we'll definitely keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. You are going to emerge from all of this as a true warrior.

Thanks for the post Joe. One thing is clear from your posts and that is you are not a quitter. If god has brought you this far then is this a test for you? Based on the feeling I got from your first health post I think you have some wisdom to impart to the rest of us still. Keep the faith and things will work out, like they always do, even if not in the way we think they should. Stay positive and "endure unto the end" which hopefully is a long time from now. My prayers are with you and your family.

• Upvote 2

I had a cardiac CT scan today. My blood pressure dropped a lot and I was shaking and scared the tech and RN. They said I needed to go to my heart doctors office and get checked out. I got there and she was in surgery so I seen her nurse and scared her too. I got home this afternoon and the doctor called and told us to go to the hospital she was admitting me so they could watch my heart. It sounds like I may have surgery tomorrow.

I will try and keep everyone updated and I appreciate any prayers. Thanks everyone and I hope my complaining is not bothering you guys to much.