Contracts - Org Inactivity / Up For Sale

Rambo

• 2 weeks later...

I do agree with this. Maybe once a new owner takes over, you can leave your contract then, just since sometimes an org will go up for sale due to VIP and they need to renew it. The inactivity one I definitely agree with. Was stuck in a contract for nearly 5 weeks due to the org owner going awol (Time til fight, and then the time after the fight).

I don't agree. The guy who buys the org expects to buy it with the fighters. What if I spend 5 million on a huge org but all the big guys move away?

and people who sign contracts expect it to be run by the person who they sign with. You only need to look at the past where Castor has an org, people signed with him, and they all got fucked over when Misfit took over.

I don't agree. The guy who buys the org expects to buy it with the fighters. What if I spend 5 million on a huge org but all the big guys move away?

you are 100% correct. When someone buys an org and then everyone could just leave, that doesn't make any sense.

If you don't trust the org you join when signing a contract, ask a small inactivity clause .

At the start of the Island season last year, UltimateXC got shut down and the guys were stuck for another 30 days so that sucked.

I think GBK's suggestion is best. If my guys sign for a new org, and that org owner is replaced with someone I don't trust to handle things right, I wouldn't want to be tied down for like 6 months till the end of the contract. I have a guy now signed to that GAMMA org which has events called like "gc". My fighter was it's owners fighter, and the fighter was a big part of HG on The Island but his creator brought him to his own org instead of staying with me. He would then have 5 fights against a guy at like 33-20, and the other guy was also owned by the same manager. Basically, this fighter was being used to job to sell tickets. Now he's offering me fights with guys like 80k less ID in the same org and I keep telling him I'm not fighting there.