Discussion: Fighter career threads and fighter smack talk

I'd like to clear up one thing, i am not against fighter threads in the general discussion area; i am against it being used as a personal Facebook account.

Marky said that i have created career threads, which i have, a whopping three of them over 4 years i think playing this game. Two of them are about Ryo Narushima (one in the fighter interviews and one in the general discussion after Ryo became relevant). The third is in the fighter interviews about the Kersikov's; done years ago when my writing skills were shit to say the least. I don't think any of the three posts are under 500 words and sum up a quarter of Ryo's career each post, it was never updated like a Facebook feed about training going well etc. The reason i put fighters stories in the interview section was because it was the norm in the forums for the general discussion to contain big named fighters, big org's previews and reviews. When i mean big org previews, i mean the big events such as Syn Supernova etc; not the normal run of the mill events. It was used to create a buzz around the forums for a big night of fights.

Fast forward a couple of years and the state of affairs is different. Quality fighter threads are dead and instead replaced by Facebook type threads which are being raped for spin and win credits. It is unknown fighters who no one gives a rats ass about. I was getting criticized by Grasman about being the quality police or some shit; i am sorry if you take offence that i find these threads fucking horrific compared to the stuff of the past. A vast majority of it is complete and utter horse shit, i mean who gives a fuck about some random ass fighter who has apparently had a good time training; as Hans so eloquently said, it is about as relevant as me posting about a healthy bowel movement.

Steel created a parody thread about a fighter who is my namesake and ripped the total and utter cbomb out of me. Instead of going in a huff and crying that someone has disrespected me i decided to play along since it was some funny shit. It has turned into a bit of back and forth banter in which has been one of the more original fighter threads that has been created in the past couple of years. If you are going to write about an unknown fighter and post it in the general discussion then at least make it enjoyable and original and don't bump it up every couple of days with a "looking forward to my next fight" post. If you are gonna post something that is a couple of lines long, then make it witty, funny or a teaser into a bigger piece that is coming up.

Louie posted something which basically sums up what i said

General Game Discussion

Talk about fighters, events, clothing brands - anything you like as long as it is interesting or relatively important. If you want to talk about the UFC, do it in the General MMA forum in the section below.

What the fuck is interesting or important about a fighter having an imaginary good week training? It could be Rinky Spider or jobber, no one gives a fuck and it is blatantly used to get spin and win credits.

Good post. That steel thread is really funny and the only fighter thread ive read consistently since basically forever. Maybe thats because I somehow have a role in it haha

As someone who had one of these threads going for most of last year with Oompa Loompa. I think if they are in the general section then they need to be of a certain standard.

There would be a lot of people that don't read any of the other sections, so they lose that role-playing part of the game.

At the end of the day who gives a fuck about what gets posted and where.

I agree with this! Who gives a fuck? I rarely venture into any section of the forums except general game discussion. Occasionally I will go to general discussion to check on the baseball thread but I never look in any of the other sections for the most part.

• Upvote 1

I think that putting the fighter stories and the Smack talk together would be a good idea. I don't normally go to the smack talk section because I don't talk trash to people I don't know. But if I was on that section reading a story then I might notice something I want to reply to in the smack talk. It may boost that and most ORGS want their smack talk sections to be used more.

I also agree that the better stories are the original ones, that Dinoo JR tread is great, I love reading the back and forth on it, I have even commented on it myself. Super Meat Boy is another good original story. I do sometimes read the facebook type posts on some of the others, but I will be honest and say that I don't enjoy them as much as the good stories. But I don't think they should be dropped if that is what the person wants for their fighter.

I still think there should be no rules limiting what a person can put into their fighter story. As I said before it is their fighter and their story, don't read the stuff you don't like.

• Upvote 2

Its a bit sad when managers like Dinooo, say noone gives a shit about some "average fighter".

Well, i'll let them in on something,,, For the manager of that average fighter, he is absolutely important enough for the manager to bother writing a story about him, hence THAT manager cares... besides, wtf does he really know about what other people care for... People area s different as they are many.

I love my fighers and have a story in my head about most of them.

But, the main/only reason I don't bother writing and posting them, is because of this crap attitude from a small but hard core, of "not so nice people", thinking this game is primarily made for them and everything should revolve around their opinions.... "fuck anyone disagreeing... we'll pussy,, sorry posse the fuck out of them".. :rolleyes:

I can't write like CK,, noone here can.. and by using him as a "template" of whats acceptable quality,, he would be the only one writing anything. ^_^

1. During that full rant i said, did i mention Bjorn's name once? I didn't mention it a single time, it was said in general that these posts about training going well are the most unoriginal shit ever. You say it is about a free agent, which only got said in the end. Despite the fact if you read what i had said it was about him double posting in different threads.

2. Here is the thing that i find weird, for years i followed what was the forum norm and any older player can chime in and tell me if i am wrong. The general discussion area was for some of the best writers in the game to showcase their work on some of the better fighters or orgs in the game. No one can write like CK? There have been plenty of people who can write like CK or better than CK. Barn owned CK in their thread together. Nehi's f-man story was one of the funniest pieces i have ever read. Not once have i mentioned writing like CK, it seems you think that is the quality i expect from everyone? It isn't. I just want something a bit more fucking original than my fighter had a great week training. Is that too difficult to comprehend? If you cannot think of something a bit more original than that then perhaps putting fingers to keys isn't the best thing.

3. You assume and make up a lot of shit. You assumed everyone was out to get you in the of the year award nominations, you blamed a Mod for losing votes. To quote Mike Tycoon

"Grasman, you shouldn't be calling anyone a liar on this thread. Given the vitriol I've recieved, I was expecting GBK to have acted out of line in this thread; he hasn't and he has conducted himself in a perfectly reasonable manner. "

We never personally attacked Bjorn, we said his writing was shit and unoriginal; which it is. Bjorn gave as good as he got but because he is seen by you as a "lower manager" he needs protection from the big bad wolfs. Grow the fuck up, did we say he couldn't write on the forums? No. Did we say that if he wants to continue they sort of threads it should be in the fighters interview section? Yes.

Let me tell you a little secret, if you fucking read what i type then you will eventually grasp at what i am trying to say. I'll quote it for you.

" i mean who gives a fuck about some random ass fighter who has apparently had a good time training"

"What the fuck is interesting or important about a fighter having an imaginary good week training? It could be Rinky Spider or jobber, no one gives a fuck and it is blatantly used to get spin and win credits. "

"Quality fighter threads are dead and instead replaced by Facebook type threads which are being raped for spin and win credits. It is unknown fighters who no one gives a rats ass about."

Fed up of unoriginal posts

Fed up of unoriginal posts being used to get spin and win credits.

Fed up of people using these unoriginal posts to spam for spin and wins.

The fact i said it is an unknown fighter is because it is. I also mentioned that Steel created a thread about a fighter who no one knew about, ripped the total and utter cbomb out of me in that exact same thread. Why would i enjoy it? Because it was original and funny even though it took digs at me. Do i care about average run of the mill fighters in this game and their stories? Yeah i do, as long as the stories are interesting to read.

You are accusing us of chasing him out the game, while you hound GBK? We never told Bjorn to leave the game, not once. We never implied that he should leave the game, not once. Grasman you talk about how fighters have a lovely little story in your head. You must consume this information, rattle it around in there and come out with more fiction.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I don't know who it was, but someone said something about having fighter threads in the following way: one main story, you reserve the first post and then do updates in that post. I like that idea as it will take away false accusations of being a spin and win whore.

one thing that would be needed for that in my opinion is that the thread would get put on the first page of no matter what section it's posted in, although it's an edit of a post and wouldn't be a new post. That way people would also know that a new part of the thread has been added.

I see that that gang mentality by some of you people is back in full effect this morning... still don't get why you can't just mind your damn business because lets be honest, don't shit real be on the general game discussion threads anyway. Anything that is is at the top pinned....

But who am I? I just a squirrel trying to get a Jet.... don't mind me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

1. During that full rant i said, did i mention Bjorn's name once? I didn't mention it a single time, it was said in general that these posts about training going well are the most unoriginal shit ever. You say it is about a free agent, which only got said in the end. Despite the fact if you read what i had said it was about him double posting in different threads.

2. Here is the thing that i find weird, for years i followed what was the forum norm and any older player can chime in and tell me if i am wrong. The general discussion area was for some of the best writers in the game to showcase their work on some of the better fighters or orgs in the game. No one can write like CK? There have been plenty of people who can write like CK or better than CK. Barn owned CK in their thread together. Nehi's f-man story was one of the funniest pieces i have ever read. Not once have i mentioned writing like CK, it seems you think that is the quality i expect from everyone? It isn't. I just want something a bit more fucking original than my fighter had a great week training. Is that too difficult to comprehend? If you cannot think of something a bit more original than that then perhaps putting fingers to keys isn't the best thing.

3. You assume and make up a lot of shit. You assumed everyone was out to get you in the of the year award nominations, you blamed a Mod for losing votes. To quote Mike Tycoon

"Grasman, you shouldn't be calling anyone a liar on this thread. Given the vitriol I've recieved, I was expecting GBK to have acted out of line in this thread; he hasn't and he has conducted himself in a perfectly reasonable manner. "

We never personally attacked Bjorn, we said his writing was shit and unoriginal; which it is. Bjorn gave as good as he got but because he is seen by you as a "lower manager" he needs protection from the big bad wolfs. Grow the fuck up, did we say he couldn't write on the forums? No. Did we say that if he wants to continue they sort of threads it should be in the fighters interview section? Yes.

Let me tell you a little secret, if you fucking read what i type then you will eventually grasp at what i am trying to say. I'll quote it for you.

" i mean who gives a fuck about some random ass fighter who has apparently had a good time training"

"What the fuck is interesting or important about a fighter having an imaginary good week training? It could be Rinky Spider or jobber, no one gives a fuck and it is blatantly used to get spin and win credits. "

"Quality fighter threads are dead and instead replaced by Facebook type threads which are being raped for spin and win credits. It is unknown fighters who no one gives a rats ass about."

Fed up of unoriginal posts

Fed up of unoriginal posts being used to get spin and win credits.

Fed up of people using these unoriginal posts to spam for spin and wins.

The fact i said it is an unknown fighter is because it is. I also mentioned that Steel created a thread about a fighter who no one knew about, ripped the total and utter cbomb out of me in that exact same thread. Why would i enjoy it? Because it was original and funny even though it took digs at me. Do i care about average run of the mill fighters in this game and their stories? Yeah i do, as long as the stories are interesting to read.

You are accusing us of chasing him out the game, while you hound GBK? We never told Bjorn to leave the game, not once. We never implied that he should leave the game, not once. Grasman you talk about how fighters have a lovely little story in your head. You must consume this information, rattle it around in there and come out with more fiction.

Whether you are interested in some "random ass fighter" or not, someone else is.

This is a roleplaying game, advocating fighter stories etc... for EVERYONE, not just what suits Dinooo and his buds.

The managers of these random ass fighters are what builds this game, not Dinooo in his almighty singularity.

Without those upcoming "average random ass fighters", this would be an empty and dead game.

There is no denying you were derailing his thread, on purpose.

However, your aggression towards Bjorn seems to be of another reason.

Regarding CK, in MY opinion (not yours) he is by far the best, although there have been other notables.

Again,, this is all about perception and taste.... Your taste and perception isn't worth a any more than somone elses.

Most kids think they are the center of the universe and everything revolves around them, but usually they grow out of it.

You can talk unwarranted shit about me, no problem, makes no difference to me... just makes you smaller in my eyes.

Always regarded you as a standup guy, guess i was wrong there.

GBK however, I do have a problem with, despise him actually, but have barely mentioned him for a long time other than yesterday in this context....

Anyway, you carry on ranting Dinooo. <_<

• Upvote 4

Whether you are interested in some "random ass fighter" or not, someone else is.

This is a roleplaying game, advocating fighter stories etc... for EVERYONE, not just what suits Dinooo and his buds.

The managers of these random ass fighters are what builds this game, not Dinooo in his almighty singularity.

Without those upcoming "average random ass fighters", this would be an empty and dead game.

There is no denying you were derailing his thread, on purpose.

However, your aggression towards Bjorn seems to be of another reason.

Regarding CK, in MY opinion (not yours) he is by far the best, although there have been other notables.

Again,, this is all about perception and taste.... Your taste and perception isn't worth a any more than somone elses.

Most kids think they are the center of the universe and everything revolves around them, but usually they gropw out of it.

You can talk unwarranted shit about me, no problem, makes no difference to me... just makes you smaller in my eyes.

Always regarded you as a standup guy, guess i was wrong there.

GBK however, I do have a problem with, despise him actually, but have barely mentioned him for a long time other than yesterday in this context....

Anyway, you carry on ranting Dinooo. <_<

I see you still choose to make up shit and cannot fathom reading anything over a couple of sentences; some may say that is why you enjoy Bjorns posts so much because anything over two sentences has your mind wondering.

I don't care if is a new fighter, a vet, or Jeremy Tonal, if someone was posting the facebook kind of shit in the general discussion forum i would voice my opinion on it. It appears you seem to be more angry at the fact i am voicing my opinion rather than anything else. As i have explained before i live in a country where i am allowed to voice my opinion and if i do then people have the right to criticize it as i have the right to defend it. You however are just making up random points to support your argument which do not hold any merit.

I never even started dertailing Bjorn's thread, i wasn't even the second person to take offence to the shit he was posting for spin and win credits. So any of this "you have a personal vendetta against Bjorn" tripe can go out the window. I do have a problem with Bjorn and i have dealt with it. This all came up again because he was double posting the same shit, which is spamming.

You seem to think i hold myself and my fighters at a higher regard than everyone elses, I explained if it is original or funny then fire away, post it in the general discussion. If it is this facebook bullshit, fire away post it in the fighter interviews area. As Han's explained great writing pieces are often drowned out by these posts in the general discussion.

I don't care what you think of me, i openly admit i am an opinionated cbomb. You seem to be a Stalinist who thinks that anyone who has an opinion should be shot or keep it to themselves. You have been taking personal shots at me, how i think i am a big shot, a child who thinks the world revolves around them. Yet you keep on mentioning my name like a deluded pre-pubescent fan of one direction. On the contrast i quoted what you called me in the original post, you then took everything i said out of context and assumed certain things without knowing all the facts.

You slammed GBK for voicing his opinion and he didn't say shit to Bjorn, then supported Marky being a dick to Conor, who is someone i don't have a lot of love for and he likewise. There are a word for people like that; its called being a hypocrite. You say i am the one ranting? You seem to be the one ranting about me, while i voiced my opinion on a topic.

• Upvote 4

Sometimes, reading these forums is like watching a bunch of teenage girls arguing... I be sitting here reading like :mf_popcorn1: :mf_popcorn1: but then I remember.... I need that jet though so...

Really, I don't really understand why people get upset at being called a spin and win whore. Like, yo, thats what you are. Own that shit.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

You slammed GBK for voicing his opinion and he didn't say shit to Bjorn, then supported Marky being a dick to Conor, who is someone i don't have a lot of love for and he likewise. There are a word for people like that; its called being a hypocrite. You say i am the one ranting? You seem to be the one ranting about me, while i voiced my opinion on a topic.

As far as I'm concerned I have no problem with you Dino and I agree with the majority of what you've been saying, especially about the quality of the fighter profiles and I'm glad you're blasting Grasman because I really could not be bothered too.

I see you still choose to make up shit and cannot fathom reading anything over a couple of sentences; some may say that is why you enjoy Bjorns posts so much because anything over two sentences has your mind wondering.

I don't care if is a new fighter, a vet, or Jeremy Tonal, if someone was posting the facebook kind of shit in the general discussion forum i would voice my opinion on it. 1) It appears you seem to be more angry at the fact i am voicing my opinion rather than anything else. As i have explained before i live in a country where i am allowed to voice my opinion and if i do then people have the right to criticize it as i have the right to defend it. You however are just making up random points to support your argument which do not hold any merit.

2) I never even started dertailing Bjorn's thread, i wasn't even the second person to take offence to the shit he was posting for spin and win credits. So any of this "you have a personal vendetta against Bjorn" tripe can go out the window. I do have a problem with Bjorn and i have dealt with it. This all came up again because he was double posting the same shit, which is spamming.

You seem to think i hold myself and my fighters at a higher regard than everyone elses, I explained if it is original or funny then fire away, post it in the general discussion. If it is this facebook bullshit, fire away post it in the fighter interviews area. As Han's explained great writing pieces are often drowned out by these posts in the general discussion.

I don't care what you think of me, i openly admit i am an opinionated cbomb. You seem to be a Stalinist who thinks that anyone who has an opinion should be shot or keep it to themselves. You have been taking personal shots at me, how i think i am a big shot, a child who thinks the world revolves around them. Yet you keep on mentioning my name like a deluded pre-pubescent fan of one direction. On the contrast i quoted what you called me in the original post, you then took everything i said out of context and assumed certain things without knowing all the facts.

3) You slammed GBK for voicing his opinion and he didn't say shit to Bjorn, then supported Marky being a dick to Conor, who is someone i don't have a lot of love for and he likewise. There are a word for people like that; its called being a hypocrite. You say i am the one ranting? You seem to be the one ranting about me, while i voiced my opinion on a topic.

1) I couldn't be less angry, i've been laughing at your rant the whole way through.

Really,, why on earth would I be angry? None of this has anything to do with me. :yawn:

2) You are complaing about Bjorns double posting and him being a crap poster at fighter interviews.

You said your self you were "picketing" his fighter interview thread because of it....

You punish someone for breaking a forum rule (spamming) by breaking another yourself.

Hypocrite who?? :whip:

3) Me and Conor have a love/hate relationship... sometimes I can't but love that cuddly little thing.. :blush:

and then he pisses on someone and I hate him again.. :sad01_anim:

1) I couldn't be less angry, i've been laughing at your rant the whole way through.

Really,, why on earth would I be angry? None of this has anything to do with me. :yawn:

2) You are complaing about Bjorns double posting and him being a crap poster at fighter interviews.

You said your self you were "picketing" his fighter interview thread because of it....

You punish someone for breaking a forum rule (spamming) by breaking another yourself.

Hypocrite who?? :whip:

Whether Dino is a hypocrite or not, it doesn't make you any less of one :poster_stupid:

General Game Discussion

Talk about fighters, events, clothing brands - anything you like as long as it is interesting or relatively important. If you want to talk about the UFC, do it in the General MMA forum in the section below.

^^^^

That's the end of this discussion. It doesn't matter if there are 3 word stories, 10 word stories, quality, quantity.

stop bitching.

so what, bjorn spams fighter stories for spin & win credits? who gives a shit. ignore him if you don't like it. so what, some members of Convicted like to poke fun at bjorn, who gives a shit, ignore them.

dealing with children 101.

sticks and stones can break your bones, but words only hurt people on mma forums.

• Upvote 9

^^^^

That's the end of this discussion. It doesn't matter if there are 3 word stories, 10 word stories, quality, quantity.

stop bitching.

so what, bjorn spams fighter stories for spin & win credits? who gives a shit. ignore him if you don't like it. so what, some members of Convicted like to poke fun at bjorn, who gives a shit, ignore them.

dealing with children 101.

sticks and stones can break your bones, but words only hurt people on mma forums.

Well said. I'm outta here. :wheelchair: