The Battle Over NYFN

Can you say bitch mode!

You need to shut the fuck up and realize this game is called TYCOON! you made a mistake and want to slander another player? LOL SHUT THE FUCK UP ASSHOLE!!!!

Yes, the game is Tycoon, so let's go from there. You have to be as Tycoon-like as possible. So let's base this on what would happen irl.

This Kidlat guy signs a contract with Uncle Lar and Bjorn to hire Dave F, who will release NYFN fighters when Uncle Lar says so he can offer them contracts. In return, he takes control of NYFN for the last few events, will get paid $350k in return, as well as keeping a % of the profits from the last few events.

Now, Uncle Lar and Bjorn did hold up their end of the deals, but Kidlat isn't keeping his end.

In the real world, this is called "Breach of Contract", and would result in a court ruling which would force Kidlat to keep to his side of the contract, or else make him give the org to someone else of Uncle Lar and Bjorn's choosing.

Now, I hope this clears up how you justify things in your head. Either way, it was a shit move on Kidlat's part, and the fact you defend him only reflects poorly on you.

• Upvote 8

Unpopular opinion time.... this is Bjorn and Lar's fault. Why would you trust someone that you have never interacted with? The kid just made a play to get money. Is it unethical? Of course, but I can't blame him for trying.

While yes, they did get duped and it is somewhat their own problem, they probably have PM's to and from the guy which shows they did make a deal. If they can't get him to agree to their terms, they can simply send that info to Mike and he will rectify it

• Upvote 1

Unpopular opinion time.... this is Bjorn and Lar's fault. Why would you trust someone that you have never interacted with? The kid just made a play to get money. Is it unethical? Of course, but I can't blame him for trying.

You have a valid point, and I am not without blame... which is why I'm hoping we can reach some sort of arrangement to complete this properly. I am using this thread to hopefully nudge Kidlat in that direction before things get irreparable. The fall out, though, is that he will be judged by his peers. I'm hoping we can amicably reach an arrangement before his reputation is in tatters so that the fighters who are caught in the cross fire are not harmed and he can continue or start his own org business (if that's what he wants to do) with non-NYFN fighters.

• Upvote 5

While yes, they did get duped and it is somewhat their own problem, they probably have PM's to and from the guy which shows they did make a deal. If they can't get him to agree to their terms, they can simply send that info to Mike and he will rectify it

No, I agree. That is what they should do. However, I just don't understand how you can even think that making a deal with someone they don't know is smart.

What I'm more interested in, is where the 350k that he got went because to me, that indicates multi. Unless of course he put it back into NYFN.

What I'm more interested in, is where the 350k that he got went because to me, that indicates multi.

Stay tuned... Chapter 5 is probably coming soon where (spoiler alert) we will explore that as a possibility.

Yes, maybe Bjorn was a little easy to let go of NYFN to a new player, but Kidlat must of made Bjorn trust him enough with it to complete the merger to MFN. Both sides are at fault but Bjorn and Lars would not have expected this to happen and Kidlat is displaying the behaviour of a first class cbomb, especially booking another event but lets be honest, most of the fighters on that card will decline if you let them know of the circumstances.

As i said, both sides are at fault.

Yes, maybe Bjorn was a little easy to let go of NYFN to a new player, but Kidlat must of made Bjorn trust him enough with it to complete the merger to MFN. Both sides are at fault but Bjorn and Lars would not have expected this to happen and Kidlat is displaying the behaviour of a first class cbomb, especially booking another event but lets be honest, most of the fighters on that card will decline if you let them know of the circumstances.

As i said, both sides are at fault.

Just to add more clearness to this mess, Bjorn had nothing to do with choosing Kidlat. I had a thread a few months earlier about looking for new players with VIP to help with business opportunities and Kidlat sent me a PM about being interested a month or so after I had completed the Milwaukee's Best deal with Mikey Barr. A few days later Bjorn came to me looking for help because he had real life stuff going on, so after asking a few other (more reliable) people with VIP and no business I went back to Kidlat. It would have been easier if Bjorn held NYFN until the merge was complete, but he wanted to open his gym as soon as possible.... so Kidlat was brought in.

• Upvote 2

You have to take a leap of faith from time to time if you need some1 quick for a job. :P Both sides has their fault, but still if you have a good character you take your promise to the end. He could have made a lot of money form the start by signing players to an already hyped org (just had to release the fighters and change the name and there you go a perfect opportunity to get reach quickly in the game)

You have to take a leap of faith from time to time if you need some1 quick for a job. :P Both sides has their fault, but still if you have a good character you take your promise to the end. He could have made a lot of money form the start by signing players to an already hyped org (just had to release the fighters and change the name and there you go a perfect opportunity to get reach quickly in the game)

Few people have said its Lara or Bjorne faults surely kidlat agreed to this deal

Saying this is Lar's or Bjorn's fault strikes me as blaming the victim. could they have avoided this? Yes. Does that make it their fault? No.

I'm just saying that maybe a little more thought should have been given before Lars trusted Kidlat enough with a merger of this scale. But by no means would Lars or Bjorn think that this could of happened. I think i worded it wrong, it's not their fault but as you say it could have been avoided.

I hope this all gets sorted because right now, anyone who has read this thread will never trust Kidlat. With luck the remaining fighters will find their way out

This made me laugh more than it should have

I knew he went through a name change; i didn't know it was also a sex change.

Meh, it was a shady thing to do. Is it against the game rules? Nah, Mike made it perfectly clear that if someone fucks over someone else it is their fault for trusting that person. That being said the lynch mob will string the motherfucker up.

• Upvote 2

Saying this is Lar's or Bjorn's fault strikes me as blaming the victim. could they have avoided this? Yes. Does that make it their fault? No.

Yes both Bjorn and Lara or Lars or Senzo or whatever his name is today assumed the 'risk' in this deal, they however do not assume 'responsibility' or 'blame' for how it has unfolded. With that said Dinooo nailed it I think, they placed it into the hands of someone else, if that person so chooses to go against the agreement so be it however that person will surely not survive the reputation that will now follow him.

Chapter 5 - Inquiry

Lar woke up the next day still angry about the hostage situation happening at NYFN. He should have done more research into Kidlat before suggesting him as the man to hold NYFN while Bjorn opened his gym. Lar is probably too trusting of people from time to time, as he usually treats others the way he wants to be treated and hopes that he gets respect or kindness back from everyone he interacts with. Lar has been around for a while (mostly as Senzo Tanaka before he could finally leave the Witness Protection Program and reclaim his name) and has made many friends and acquaintances. Most of those acquaintances are decent, upstanding individual managers but there are a few in Lar's contact list who have unscrupulous sides.

With a heavy heart, Lar picked up the phone and dialed one of his unscrupulous contacts.

"Hello?" the voice at the other end answered.

"Hello. I need a favor," Lar pleaded. "I need you to find out more about Kidlat Kamao. I really don't know much about him and we now have a need for this information," Lar continued.

"I find out what I can," the voice on the other end said, "but I do not want to be cited as a source of this information. Can you promise me that you will keep my name out of this?" the voice asked.

"Secrecy is of utmost importance," Lar said. "I need to know more about this character. Where does he live? Who does he manage? Who are his friends?"

"No problem," the voice answered. "But there is a price."

"How much?" Lar asked. Lar knew he had made a mistake and overbooked MFN to the point where the many fans of MFN were expected to not be able to choose which events to buy tickets for and Lar was confronted with the possibility of losing a lot of cash. Cash that Lar was already calling in favors to obtain just to keep MFN running.

"I've heard that you're having trouble keeping the lights on at MFN," the voice stated. "I can do this one cheap, but if it winds up being a bombshell that I discover you will still need to pay me for it."

"That's fine," Lar agreed. "Get in touch with your contacts and see what you can find out about this guy. If it turns out he is a multi for someone else we need to know. The more I take a step back from this and analyze what happened, the more I think there is a chance he is working for someone else or simply has another identity." Lar said.

"We have ways to check his IP address," the voice stated. "If he's sloppy, we will find him."

"I would focus my efforts there," Lar advised. "Cheaters suck and ruin things for others. If he is a cheater he must be exposed!" Lar continued.

"I will keep you apprised of my findings," the voice mentioned. "Thank you," as the voice ended the call.

Lar was very determined to get to the bottom of this. Questions and possibilities over who Kidlat really was rolled over and over in Lar's mind. He knew he owed it to the fighters stuck at NYFN to figure this out. Lar didn't consider himself a martyr, yet, but knew he needed to right the wrong that he helped perpetuate in this debacle.

• Upvote 7

When can we see the next chapter of this one guys?

I expect chapter 6 to be some sort of revelation. I write as we go, so I'm hoping the inquiry results come back tonight so we can keep telling this story. Hopefully it has a happy ending.

• Upvote 1

I don't get it why so defensive off a member in your team. Nobody recall calling names or something like that. They just told their part of the story. And no1 is slandering another player for no reason. Let Kidlat defend for himself. He should answer for his actions, if they had a deal, is hes fault also that he didn't deliver on that deal.

Their mistake was trusting Kidlat in my oppinion.

That probably was Kidlat defending himself from his main account lolol

• Upvote 2