King of the Beach (270k+) - Official Smack Talk Thread

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14448452646492.gif

Morgan Wade

homie? who the fuck you calling homie, I ain't your homie.

You know where I'm from so don't go running that mouth like you have no idea. That be your house burning in the background...You know exactly who I am now, don't you.

Don't go crying to Doc to cancel this fight now that you realize you ran your mouth to the wrong person, homie!

Just in case your getting that itch to meet up before the fight, I'll be at your sisters house tonite downing a couple 40's.

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1450056609KOTB23.jpg

KOTB 23: Cafetão

(Review)

What a better way to follow up a day of warm wishes and love, than with an action packed night of fights. KOTB 23 would see a lightweight title fight, a pair of extremely important middleweight fights, as well as a number of very highly touted newcomers making their debuts.

Opening up the event was a pair of veteran action fighters in our light heavyweight division, as Romania’s Heliade Radulescu took on Fortaleza’s Bruno Santoyo. Radulescu looked poised to win his third straight in the opening moments, pressuring with a strong clinch and opening up a decent cut on his Brazilian opponent after scoring with an elbow and a pair of knees. Radulescu then inexplicitly pulled guard, marking beginning of the end. Santoyo, suddenly wide eyed, passed to half guard and immediately latched onto a kimura and forced the tap in just over 90 seconds of the first round.

Bruno "Pitão" Santoyo (4-5, 2-3) defeats Heliade "Zburatorul" Radulescu (3-2, 2-2) via Submission (Kimura) R1 - 01:33

The only welterweight fight on the card saw a pair of fighters looking for their first professional victories while making their promotional debuts. The contemptible Mexican grappler, Osvaldo Martinez, would be the fighter controlling the action in this one, as he moved into the clinch and took his opponent down with ease. Indonesia’s Boaz Saloza was aggressive on the feet, looking for big combinations and dirty boxing, but wasn’t able to land anything significant. Saloza quickly got to his feet after an early takedown, but Martinez would quickly get another one just moments later. The Mexican fighter then rained down heavy ground and pound and forced the referee to intervene.

Osvaldo "El Pendejo" Martinez (1-1, 1-0) defeats Boaz Saloza (0-2. 0-1) via TKO (Strikes) R1 - 03:59

The first of two highly touted light heavyweights was up next, as Los Angeles’s Darnell Cane took on New York’s Mario Barrera. The book on Darnell Cane is a short one, having not fought in a few years, but it’s one that expressed a heavy takedown and ground and pound attack. This tactic would stay evident in his promotional debut, as Cane dove in again and again for takedowns. Barrera was game, however, and looked as sharp as he ever has at KOTB. Barrera’s muay thai and boxing attack looked incredibly precise, as he landed kicks and punches at will before a heavy combination turned his opponent’s lights out with just seconds left in the round. Barrera’s second KO victory earns him his second ‘knockout of the night’ bonus, and the New Yorker rebounds nicely from his only career loss.

Mario Barrera (2-1. 2-1) defeats Darnell Cane (1-1, 0-1) via KO (Punches) R1 - 04:50

A pair of featherweight brown belts were next on the docket, as Latvia’s Krabis Kropelis took on Nevada’s Mario Curran. Kropelis opened the fight with a nice takedown but the two fighters got tangled up in half guard, which forced the referee to step in and stand them up. While on the feet, this fight was completely in the hands of Curran, as he showed really strong boxing and kicks for such a young grappler. Curran rocked Kropelis with a right hand and rushed in about half way through the opening round, but the Lativan managed to get another takedown and started looking for submissions. Curran, though, would defend and began repeating his standup success to open the second round. Another takedown would follow, but Curran’s defensive grappling was just too much of a puzzle for Kropelis to solve. “Chief” would force another standup and finalized his brutal standup attack in the final minute after swarming his overwhelmed opponent.

Mario “Chief” Curran (2-0, 1-0) defeats Krabis “Pool” Kropelis (4-4, 1-4) via TKO (Strikes) R2 - 04:22

Our featured undercard bout would see the second of our highly touted light heavyweight newcomers, as TWGC silver medalist Curt Hennig made his debut against Finland’s Aleksis Aaltonen, who looked to repeat the success of his victory over Mario Barrera at KOTB 18. Our eventual ‘fight of the night’ winner would begin with a flurry, as Aaltonen landed a number of shots before being taken down for the first time in his career. Hennig would then fight for position with his opponent before taking mount about half way through the round. The American’s base proved too much for the Finnish fighter, as he mixed in some ground and pound before riding the round out in the mount position. Aaltonen, not wanting to be in that position again, spent the next two rounds defending takedown attempts while peppering his opponent with single pot shots. Hennig showed some improved boxing during the exchanges, but the lack of completed takedowns would allow his Aaltonen to steal the decision and stay undefeated in the promotion.

Aleksis Aaltonen (2-1, 2-0) defeats “Mr. Perfect” Curt Hennig (0-1, 0-1) via Decision (Unanimous)

Bruce Zimbardo made his promotional record eighth appearance to open the main card, as he took on Swedish wrestler Magnus Karlsson in a super heavyweight contest. Karlsson, who’s not a small man himself, had a lot of success in this fight, landing seven takedowns and spending a lot of time in top control while working in some ground and pound. Zimbardo, though, would get the judges’ nod through an active and accurate striking game and solid defensive wrestling. The towering Caribbean striker used his length to land demoralizing kicks and punches to the body, while going upstairs with crisp boxing. Karlsson was vocal immediately after the fight and requested a rematch, Zimbardo was happy to oblige and promised a knockout in their next meeting at KOTB 27.

Bruce “The Great” Zimbardo (6-4, 4-4) defeats Magnus Karlsson (5-3, 2-3) via Decision (Unanimous)

New York’s Steven Kopp came into this featherweight match with a lot of popularity for a person with only one professional fight, as he tried to follow up his dominating debut against another Brazilian in Vitor Nogueira. This boost in hype and popularity gave both fighters the chance to shine on the main card, for which only one of the two capitalized on. For the second straight fight, Kopp dominated a hometown favorite with punishing ground and pound. The American fighter looked like he’d been developing his jiu-jitsu and standup skills in the lead-up to the fight, but they wouldn’t be needed in this one. Kopp is moving up the ladder rather quickly, while Nogueria has lost two tough fights to start his career.

Steven Kopp (2-0, 2-0) defeats Vitor Nogueira (0-2, 0-2) via TKO (Strikes) R1 - 03:57

We’d move to middleweight for the first time on the card, as Kyrie Perry made his fifth appearance against a fellow American KOTB veteran in Billy Styles. Perry, who came into MMA straight out of the USC wrestling gym, has made great strides in his boxing game in recent months and showed some of it in his most recent fight, a three round decision loss. Styles was expected to be an exciting, yet tough, test for Perry on the feet, but the Miami product was kept off-guard by the threat of takedowns and spent too much time loading up on his shots. Perry looked the best he ever has, using takedowns and an effective top attack, while also out-boxing his opponent on the feet. The impressive display would wear on Styles and awarded Perry the first stoppage in his career. The impressive young man seemed hungry to challenge the best in the division and requested a match with KOTB’s first middleweight champion, Thatcher Halverson.

“The Golden Child” Kyrie Perry (4-1, 4-1) defeats Billy Styles (3-3, 3-3) via KO (Strikes) R3 - 01:54

We’d see a new middleweight contender emerge after our co-main event, as undefeated Brazilian phenom Starling Silva took on Russian newcomer Anton Obuhov, a recent black belt recipient. Obuhov is also a talented boxer, so it wasn’t a surprise to see Silva go straight for the clinch in this one. Silva’s vice-like clinch, striking versatility and elite takedown defense proved too much for Obuhov, and it was noticeable early, as the Russian wasn’t able to drag the fight to the mat and couldn’t land when given the opportunity. After almost finishing Obuhov at the end of the first round, Silva would find it early in the second, landing a brutal clinch knee that had the crowd gasping. Silva has been looming in the title picture since his debut, and it looks like his time may be now.

Starling Silva (4-0, 4-0) defeats Anton “Punk” Obuhov (3-4, 0-1) via TKO (Knee & Punches) R2 - 01:45

And finally, our main event, as hometown champion Emerson Sheik looked to defend his lightweight title for the first time against Swedish banger, Dag Daghammar. In his first five round appearance, “Dregen” also had the first grueling fight in his career, a defining moment for the young Swede. Sheik forced his type of fight for all five rounds, using his strikes to lead him into the clinch. The two fighters fought tooth and nail for clinch position for most of the 25-minutes, but it was Daghammar who would land the more effective dirty boxing. Combined with his effective striking at range, Daghammar was able to take a sweep on the scorecards from all three judges. Neither fighter sustained any heavy damage, so a rematch may be near in the future for these two.

Dag Daghammar (5-0, 4-0) defeats Emerson Sheik (4-1, 3-1) via Decision (Unanimous)

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14452017444144.png

Nameless "G O A T" Fighter (277297)

I’ve heard about enough of giant trolls and bald fatties alternating between talking shit and kissing each other’s asses! That’s one thing Chris Karter and I can agree on.

I’ve been out of the media for awhile, just focusing on training for my upcoming fight vs the little ginger kid, so for those of you who don’t know me, let me introduce myself:
I’m sugar and spice and everything nice. I'm a stylin' and profilin', kiss stealin', wheelin', dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin' son of a gun! Wooo! I’m so good I don’t need a name – just call me the GOAT. I’m the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever wiil be.
Chris Karter, to BE the man, you gotta BEAT the man. You are NOT the man, because you haven’t beaten me. Woooooo! On January 2nd, I’m going to beat your ass around the cage until you quit or the ref pulls me off of you. Then I’m gonna take your girlfriend home and make a woman out of her. I'll make her go "Woo woo woo!" all night long. Woooooo!

"The Little Ginger Prince" Chris Karter

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/31/31w31.jpg

The 'Ginger Prince' arrived in Rio a day early for his fight with Nameless, an ageing chinless Jimmy Saville lookalike, and as expected Chris Karter Jnr, son a GOAT Convicted manager Chris Karter Snr, immediately went for a golden one in the lobby of his 5 star hotel.

The Princes entourage which includes a elite team of cleaners armed with the most powerful bleach known to man, immediately cleaned up after the champs latest 'piss of excellence'.

Karter, allegedly under instructions from his Alpha Male coaches to retain his testosterone, was given permission to 'call out' for his ladies and 3 buxom Rio beauties put the champ through a robust workout, mindful to ensure that 'The Ginger Prince' didn't lose his seed.

An unknown source close to the Alpha Males said "its common practice in the Alphas that we aren't allowed to ejaculate 2 weeks before a fight, which can make for one or two raging boners in the showers, and one or two of the guys not due to fight electing to shower at home."

Rumours broke this morning that the Karter may have pulled a hamstring, as the Alpha's physio was called to Karter's room. Karter is known enjoy ploughing his ho's from the rear, so Alpha staff were quick to quash concern about the fight taking place stating "this is a common problem we have with Chris, as long as he retains the seed, then the fight goes ahead."

Karter was available for interview on the condition that he be interviewed indoors, amid concern that his pale white ginger skin would burn when exposed to only the smallest ray of sunshine.

Karter ssaid to reporters "Nameless looks like that kiddy fiddler Saville, and he thinks he is the man! My waxed ginger ass is he the man, he ain't shit, I'm gonna KO his ass, pull out the white python and drain a golden one all over his face. No one can beat me, I'm in shape, waxed of the gingeritis, full of seed, and ready to piss me some excellence."

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1450202910KOTBLONDON.gif

KOTB Dinamite: London

(Review)

It was a British New Year for KOTB, as the promotion ended 2015 by having its first ever card outside of Brazil. Dubbed “Dinamite”, the card was stacked with international talent and held two title fights below a hyped main event between two former champions. All in all, it was a great success, so let’s get into the recap:

Opening the main card was a nip and tuck middleweight scrap between two debuting strikers, as Albanian Tim Pedrosian took on American Ripped Pants. In a pure boxing versus muay thai affair, the defining factor would be the clinch control and wild head kicks of Pedrosian. The Albanian product had his strongest round in the first, landing a number of head kicks, but started to fade in the second and third rounds. Pants dominated at times with crisp punching and ended the fight very strongly, but two of the three judges would give the split decision to Pedrosian. Both fighters look like strong prospects, so except to see both faces on the main card very soon.

Tim Pedrosian (1-0, 1-0) defeats “Oh No” Ripped Pants (1-1, 0-1) via Decision (Split)

A super heavyweight contest would see another pair of debuting strikers, as Italy’s Lucas Brasi took on Indonesia’s Bambang Pamungkas. This one looked really even on paper in terms of the athlete’s size and strengths, but with any heavyweight fight, all it takes is one shot. Pamungkas came out the aggressor and was the first to start landing. After a couple exchanges, the Indonesian caught Brasi with a nice straight right that seemed to light a spark in him. Pamungkas then threw a big body kick but the Italian would counter with a huge straight left and quickly followed with a flurry of ground and pound, forcing the referee to stop the fight in an action packed 40 seconds.

Luca Brasi (2-0, 1-0) defeats Bambang “BP” Pamungkas (1-1, 0-1) via TKO (Strikes) R1 - 00:40

We’d move to light heavyweight when Norbert Fortenberry took his undefeated record to his home country for the first time in his career, as he took on dangerous Belgian newcomer Youssef El Basmati. Unfortunately for Fortenberry, fighting in front of a home crowd would not be fruitful, as El Basmati sliced through his striking defense with an assortment of punches and kicks. Fortenberry would manage a clinch under the onslaught, but a particularly devastating shoulder strike would initiate the end of the UK fighter’s night. El Basmati, sensing the finish, pushed out of the clinch and crushed Fortenberry with a huge right hand. Fortenberry would pop up only to be knocked out cold with another crushing right about half way through the opening round.

Youssef "The Marocian Belgian" El Basmati (1-1, 1-0) defeats Norbert Fortenberry (6-1, 2-1) via KO (Punch) R1 - 02:20

It would be Ireland versus England in the welterweight division next, as Downhill’s Roddy Banks took on Colchester’s Dan Howson. Banks showed a greatly improved standup attack in his last appearance and locked up his first career TKO win in the process, but he knew he’d need to go back to his jiu-jitsu roots against a sharp striker like Howson. Unfortunately for Banks, Howson’s takedown defense was on point all night. Fighting in front of his home crowd for the first time in his career, Howson looked like a new man as he effortlessly landed punches and leg kicks for over two minutes before turning out the lights with a violent left hook. Howson jumped on the cage and yelled at the raucous English crowd who were eating it all up.

Dan Howson (2-1, 2-1) defeats Roddy Banks (4-1, 1-1) via KO (Punch) R1 - 02:05

Our featured undercard bout would see the only featherweight fight on the bill, as Thiago Machado fought outside of Brazil for the first time against London born-and-bred Paul Kelly. This one would be contested almost entirely on the ground, so it should be no surprise on who came out on top. Machado swarmed in the first round with takedowns, but Kelly was surprisingly effective in the position battles as the two fighters managed a few sweeps throughout the round. “The Axe”, though, was in control and kept attacking with submissions before taking mount late in the round. Perhaps mentally and physically fatigued, Kelly inexplicitly took his opponent down to start the second round. Machado’s eyes would open wide and he showed one of the most beautiful rounds of jiu-jitsu we’ve ever seen, as he swept his opponent and eventually took his back while attacking with an array of submissions from all angles. A very late rear naked choke would finally coax the tapout with just 11 seconds left in the second round.

Thiago “The Axe” Machado (5-1, 5-1) defeats Paul “Machine Gun” Kelly (2-3, 0-1) via Submission (RNC) R2 - 04:49

Former super heavyweight contender, Ezekiel Puchowski, made his return to Europe for the first time since his boxing days, as he made his second appearance at light heavyweight against a dangerous and undefeated striker in Julius Bennett. The two fighters would be a bit tepid in the opening moments, with neither man landing or looking particularly offensive until a solid counter right from Puchowski got things started. Bennett then returned fire and landed with a beautiful combination, which opened up a cut on Puchowski. The Polish boxer, though, smirked at the site of his own blood and began taking control with dirty boxing and big punching combinations. After dropping Bennett in the opening minute, he’d seal the deal with a straight right and follow up punches at just the 1:16 mark of the opening round.

Ezekiel “Power Trip” Puchowski (8-2, 5-2) defeats Julius “Steel” Bennett (3-1, 2-1) via TKO (Strikes) R1 - 01:16

Mick McManus would make then make his first appearance in the United Kingdom in a super heavyweight contest against 13-fight veteran, Lucia Gracie. If McManus has shown one thing in his career so far, it’s that he has unbelievable power. The Scottish heavyweight cracked Gracie in the opening seconds, dropping and opening up a nasty gash in the process. Gracie, though, showed a ton of heart and immediately got back to his feet. The Brazilian purple belt then countered into a smooth takedown and began working for submissions, but McManus stayed calm and got back to his feet before landing a takedown of his own. With his corner screaming to get back to the feet, “Merciless” would oblige and immediately drop his opponent with only the second set of strikes he threw all night. And with the third set, he’d finish the deal, knocking Gracie out cold with a superb combination.

“Merciless” Mick McManus (5-1, 5-1) defeats Lucia “Destined” Gracie (5-9, 0-1) via KO (Punches) R1 - 01:33

Our ‘fight of the night’ would follow, as Nathan Fisher looked for his second straight title defense when he took on a surging former kickboxer in Giblert Melendez. The opening round would be the Canadian champion’s, as he held his own standing and managed to get the fight to the floor on a couple occasions while looking for submissions and controlling from top. This trend would continue for the first half of the second round, but Melendez’s defensive grappling and crisp striking in and out of the clinch were starting to take a toll. The Mexican fighter appeared very confident and really started to cruise after rocking Fisher late in the third round. The fourth round would be all Melendez, as he dominated in the clinch with dirty boxing before finishing the fight with a huge uppercut. The new middleweight champion has a huge feather in his cap after the win, regardless of titles, as Fisher is a world-class grappler and fighter. This is definitely a rematch we will see in the future.

Giblert Melendez (6-0, 3-0) defeats Nathan “The Constrictor” Fisher (5-2, 2-1) via TKO (Strikes) R4 - 04:13

Our co-main event would see Devon Bailey’s first light heavyweight title defense, as he took on the dangerous baby-faced striker Marty Mcfly. The opening minute of this fight would be madness. Although Bailey landed a number of big strikes himself, Mcfly would open up a cut with a big right hand and then hit a spinning backfist that stunned the British crowd. Bailey would again start putting on a pace on Mcfly with punches and kicks, but Mcfly managed to open up the cut even more. Bailey tried some dirty boxing in the clinch, but Mcfly showed good defense and finished the round in good shape. The second round, however, would be all Bailey. The Canadian fighter has some of the sharpest muay-thai in the organization and showed it. His punches, kicks and superior movement would be too much for his talented American opponent, and the end would come in the final minute of the second round as a result of a huge left hand.

Devon “Bam Bam” Bailey (7-0, 2-0) defeats Marty Mcfly (6-2, 2-2) via TKO (Strikes) R2 - 04:09

Not often do you see a non-tile fight headline a card with two title fights, but that speaks to the popularity of both of the headlining fighters, as former light heavyweight champion, Yuri Boyka, took on former super heavyweight champion, Thiagus Davaru Silva. For the opening three minutes, it looked like Silva might earn himself a title shot by beating the two number one contenders in the division. Again and again, he was able to take his Russian opponent down and clamp down on a variety of submissions. Boyka, however, is about as calm as they come and found a way to his feet every time. After the third takedown, Boyka took over with heavy strikes. A big headkick would drop the former heavyweight, and a powerful right hand sealed the deal with just 40 seconds remaining. The former Russian street fighter has now made the first step in regaining his title, while Silva looks to rebound and get back into contention.

Yuri “Hands of Stone” Boyka (6-2, 3-1) defeats “Megaton” Thiagus Davaru Silva (6-3, 4-3) via TKO (Strikes) R1 - 04:20

In recent interview, Kyrie Perry gave his opinion about his upcoming match against Thatcher Halverson.

Kyrie opening statement:

"It seem like I always been chasing Thatcher ever since I entered King of the Beach. He was the first middleweight that everybody was scared of after he dismantled Bago Biga to become the first middleweight champ. It is a true honor fighting him."

Interviewer: Is this fight long overdue?

Kyrie Perry: I wouldn't say that. King of the Beach has the most stacked middleweight 270+ roster. All of us are always busy with another fight. That is the story for "the avalanche" and me as well. This fight was just perfect timing for both of us.

Interviewer: I hear what you are saying, but c'mon now! You seem a little more excited that usual.

Perry: lol yeah I am a bit amped for this fight. We both are part of the original roster of King of the Beach so that always means a little more to me. Also He is a former champ. This is gonna be a lot of fun!

Interviewer: So I was in attendance for your last fight against Billy Styles. I have to say that was the best I have ever seen you. You even got your first KO win. Can you walk me through the fight?

Perry: Yeah, it was a beautiful fight. My coaches and manager wanted to keep Billy off balance with a blend of strikes and takedowns. I saw that he couldn't keep up with my pace so I just stayed in the pocket and didn't let him catch a breather. Then BOOM, I caught him right on the chin.

Interviewer: he have truly developed into a mix martial artist. Should Thatcher be nervous?

Perry: He has not fought anybody like me. I am the best wrestler in the division, I am one of the best strikers in the division, and I have NEVER been dominated on the ground. So if I was him, I would be nervous.

Interviewer: Who wins this fight and how?

Perry: First round KO victory for "the golden child"

Interviewer: so is there anybody else you want to fight?

Perry: I want to fight everybody on the roster to be honest lol. The name at the top of the list is of course Starling Silva. I was just coming back from all the turmoil from my dads drunk driving accident. My head was not clear when I was fighting. In the first round I really rocked him but I didn't capitalize with a KO. I was so hung up on knocking him out and making a statement that I didn't go for any takedowns. That was stupid on my part. Silva ended up winning a close fight that I should have won if I stuck to my gameplan. So I am out for revenge!

Interviewer: well it was great talking to you, is there anything else you want to say?

Perry: Thatcher Halverson, be ready for a war!

Interviewer: And there you have it! Two big names in the MW class are clashing on 1/30/2016. Be there and witness history!

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1451273642KOTB24Pos.jpg

KOTB 24: Demorou!

(Review)

If you like finishes, KOTB 24 was the card for you. Eight of the 10 fights on the card were finished in the first round, four in under 30 seconds and two of them in just 5 seconds. The main card itself had 10 more minutes of fight time than the rest of the entire card. Thrilling stuff, indeed.

Opening the undercard were a pair of welterweights looking for their first promotional wins, as Hawaii’s Damien Ching took on Sierra Leone’s Bartel Diakite. Ching was in desperate need for a win in this one and he came out aggressively looking to grapple. Diakite, though, would draw first blood with a beautiful takedown into side control and began mining for submissions. Ching managed to land a nice counter sweep, but Diakite was insistent and eventually locked in a tight triangle. After a short struggle, Diakite flashed a smile knowing full well this was over - and he’d be right - as a tap came soon after. It’s a nice rebound for the African, while Ching will have another shot at tasting victory later this month.

Bartel “The Blood Diamond” Diakite (2-1, 1-1) defeats Damien Ching (0-7, 0-3) via Submission (Triangle) R1 - 01:56

We’d stay at welterweight to see American Benny Johnson looking to stay undefeated against and Indian veteran Nanu Negi. Not much to say in this one, as we had a total of three punches thrown. Johnson rushed in with a stiff left hand, Negi threw a wild hook, and then Johnson countered with a brutal uppercut that crumpled Nanu007 against the cage. Johnson looks like he’s ready for a step up in competition after starching both his opponents in under a minute.

Benny “G7” Johnson (2-0, 2-0) defeats Nanu “Nanu007” Negi (2-6, 1-2) via TKO (Strikes) R1 - 00:05

It was a battle of Brazil at featherweight next, as Andre Soares looked to rebound from his first career loss against a local newcomer in Monster Machine. Machine looked super confident in the opening moments, landing a beauty of a front kick and a variety of thudding low kicks. Soares, though, kept his composure and pounced on a takedown shortly after. From there, it was academic, as Soares got into half guard and quickly latched onto an arm triangle submission. The Bahia native then freed his leg and tightened it until he felt a tap. The submission would earn him his second ‘sub of the night’ bonus as he continues to look like a promising prospect. The same can be said for Machine, who brings in a strong striking game in a division full of grapplers.

Andre Soares (3-1, 3-1) defeats Monster Machine (0-1, 0-1) via Submission (Arm Triangle) R1 - 00:46

And back to welterweight we’d go, as Russia’s Vlad Putin took on an American newcomer in Psycho Thrillstompers. The longest and probably best fight on the undercard was a grueling affair in the clinch and on the mat, as Putin attacked with heavy elbows and knees, while Thrillstompers managed a few takedowns and attacked with submissions. Putin showed some great intelligence throughout the opening round and an excellent ability to get back to his feet, and the damage from the elbows and the knees started to accumulate early. A knee to the chin eventually rocked a bloodied Thrillstompers, and a big elbow would drop him with just over a minute remaining. The referee jumped in, much to the dismay of the American, but the stoppage was just. Suddenly, Putin is 3-0 in the organization and 4-0 overall – quite the start in a division thirsty for new contenders.

Vlad “The King” Putin (4-0, 3-0) defeats Psycho Thrillstompers (1-1, 0-1) via TKO (Strikes) R1 - 03:43

Our featured undercard would feature two of KOTB’s most decorated heavyweights, as Croatia’s Mirko Vukovic tied a promotional record with his eighth appearance, opposite a former title challenger in England’s Harry Milne who was making his sixth appearance for the promotion. Vukovic is surprisingly nimble for being such a large man, and he came out quickly with a big head kick that Milne easily countered with a body shot. Milne started to work with jabs and straights, moving in and out and picking his shots. Vukovic, possibly rocked by an earlier jab, threw out another big head kick that Milne again easily countered. This time, however, it would spell the end of the Croatian’s night, as Milne swarmed with punches and forced the referee to intervene on a heavily disappointed Vukovic. Milne has alternated wins and losses since his title run, and will look to make it two in a row in his next outing.

“The Bulldog” Harry Milne (6-2, 4-2) defeats Mirko “The Shadow” Vukovic (4-4) via TKO (Strikes) R1 - 00:29

The main card would open with our fourth welterweight scrap on the evening and our second battle of Brazil, as Jefferson Murillo took on Carlos Fierro. Murillo showed a new wrinkle in his game in his fourth appearance for the promotion, as he mixed in some clean takedowns to go along with his sharp boxing game. The first one was very early in the first round and the two fighters would spend the rest of the round on the mat as a result. Fierro managed to stay out of trouble for the most part – and even had a nice sweep at one point – but for the most part, Murillo controlled the positioning while landing consistently with ground and pound. He’d land another early takedown in the second round, but Fierro had enough grappling for one night and quickly got back to his feet. Unfortunately for him, Murillo was ready to throw down. A number of big shots would eventually floor the Rio native and a crafty Murillo quickly jumped into mount and finished his work just over half way through the second.

Jefferson "Grisahlo" Murillo (4-2, 3-1) defeats Carlos Fierro (4-2, 2-2) via TKO (Strikes) R2 - 02:56

Two dangerous Canadian heavyweights were next, as hard-hitting Tito Griffin took on a streaking submission grappler in Kevin Wideman. In a combined nine promotional fights, these two competitors had only been out of the first round once, so we expected an early stoppage here. Griffin would get things started with a heavy shot that had Wideman bleeding somewhere out of his eye. Sensing trouble, Wideman stretched out for a takedown but Griffin countered with another heavy shot that sent him to the canvas. Griffin surprisingly followed but swarmed his savvy opponent with punishing ground and pound and forced a stoppage that came much too late. Wideman’s streak stops at three, while Griffin has now won five of six and has earned a title shot with his trail of destruction.

Tito “The Warrior” Griffin (5-3, 4-1) defeats Kevin “The Beast” Wideman (5-2, 4-2) via TKO (Strikes) R1 - 00:28

A violent clinch battle would unravel in our next bout, as Messi Suarez took on Diederik Boschman at light heavyweight. There were a lot of positional battles throughout the two or so minutes of this one, but each fighter also threw with reckless abandon, given the opportunity. Boschman looked to be in control early, landing his trademark elbows and punches, but Suarez would keep a level head and remained cut-less. The Brazlian then started to land some heavy shots of his own, which seemed to surprise his Surinamese opponent. Then, out of nowhere, Suarez puched away and landed a hook that had Boschman on Queer Street. He then dipped his shoulders and landed a devastating uppercut and follow up punches that ended the contest. After yelling at the referee’s incompetence, Suarez celebrated with his corner. BREAKING NEWS: We’re not sure if it was the unprofessional manner in which Suarez handled himself, but his management has recently released him. Hopefully he finds a new team and returns soon.

Messi “Neymar” Suarez (6-3, 1-1) defeats Diederik “The Hidden Blade” Boschman (4-3, 4-3) via TKO (Strikes) R1 - 02:41

Our co-main event promised chaos and boy did it produce, as Ganbaatar Khan returned from his short suspension to take on another violent competitor in Brandon Murphy. The weigh-in stare down the night before was a thing of legends, and the crowd was heavily in anticipation of some beautiful violence between these two. So, it may have been disappointing to some when Khan countered a sprinting Brandon Murphy with a flying knee and a flurry of strikes from mount in just 5 seconds. For others, though, the flying knee will be on highlight reels for years to come. Khan was surprisingly reserved during the post-fight speeches, but he still found time to ramble incoherently about what he’ll do to his next opponent. Murphy has already requested a rematch, but will need to get a win over tough veteran Billy Styles first.

“The Steel Hero” Ganbaatar Khan (11-12, 1-1) defeats “Braveheart” Brandon Murphy (3-3 3-3) via TKO (Strikes) R1 - 00:05

And just like that, we’re on to the main event, as everyone’s favorite Ginger creep, Chris Karter, looked to defend his featherweight title for the fourth straight time, this time against undefeated mystery man, Nameless Fighter. On a night full of early finishes, the crowd was treated to a five round slugfest in our eventual ‘fight of the night’ winner. Facing a striker for the first time since becoming champ, Karter even managed to get the first takedown in his promotional career. The ground display was short-lived, however, as these two spent 99% of the time standing. Fighter had a lot of success with his straight punches in this one, out landing the champ in body punches, and even opening up a cut on him in the first round. For the most part, though, the Ginger Prince would control the action, as he mixed up sharp boxing and stinging kicks with a pinch of takedowns and clinchwork. In a fight that saw over 200 strikes land, it’s a testament to both men that neither ever got rocked or dropped at any point. A rematch will definitely be in the future for these two, but for now, Karter walks away with a shutout on the judge’s cards and remains the undisputed and ONLY featherweight champion in KOTB history. The official press release has yet to be released, but Chris Karter was recently inducted into KOTB’s initial Hall of Fame class. We’re lucky to have this little pervert here, so enjoy this run folks.

“The Little Ginger Prince” Chris Karter (7-1, 6-0) defeats Nameless “G O A T” Fighter (9-1, 2-1) via Decision (Unanimous)

• Upvote 3

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14307378954502.jpg

Simon Sims (272540)

I went from knocking on the door for a title contention to finding myself with 2 consecutive losses.

Props to you, Third Round Romero. We both left everything inside that cage and by the looks of it we both took a lot of damage.

Time to get back to my gym, heal up and see where it all went wrong and come back stronger! I'll be back.

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1452033662Kotb-25.gif

KOTB 25: Tretar

(Review)

It was yet another record-breaking event for King of the Beach on Saturday night, as KOTB 25 would go on the set new promotional highs in tickets revenue and fighter pay, as well as setting a new ‘event rating’ record.

Opening up the landmark event was a lightweight contest between a debuting California via Las Vegas product, Mat Diaz, and local grappling veteran Pablo Esposito. Diaz pressured early in this one with his exceptional wrestling game and immediately took down his opponent. Esposito quickly threw up his legs in desperation for a triangle choke, but Diaz was ready and quickly passed to half guard where he began working with heavy ground and pound. Esposito weathered the onslaught and worked for position, but the rain of punches kept coming and would eventually separate him from consciousness just before the half way mark of the first round. It’s an impressive debut from the American who looks like a person of interest in the competitive lightweight division. On the other hand, Esposito is in dire need of a victory in his next outing.

Mat Diaz (1-0, 1-0) defeats Pablo “Breaker” Esposito (2-6, 1-6) via KO (Strikes) R1 - 01:58

Two former Grassroots Lightweight Tournament competitors were up next, as Beezow Doo-Doo Zopitty-Bop-Bop-Bop took on Conrad Terasenko. Both fighters suffered first round defeats in the tournament and both bounced back with TKO victories at KOTB Challenger Series 6 in December, so this was an important fight for both young fighters. Unfortunately for Terasenko, he’d never really get a chance to shine as Zopitty-Bop-Bop-Bop came out extremely aggressively and surprised his Russian opponent with a swarm of punches and kicks. An overhand right would clip Terasenko and end his night in just 11 seconds. After the fight, both fighters were eager to get back into the cage and both passed all of their physicals, so KOTB has awarded a rematch at our next Challenger Series event. Will we see a more spirited back-and-forth affair this time out? Or will “Bop-Bop” pick up two big victories in less than a week.

Beezow Doo-Doo Zopitty-Bop-Bop-Bop (2-1, 2-1) defeats Conrad Terasenko (1-2, 1-2) via TKO (Strikes) R1 - 00:11

KOTB veteran Walood Kassab would tie a promotional record with his eight appearance next, as he took on Sao Paulo’s Miguel Ronaldo in a welterweight showdown. This one would be surprisingly and definitively one-sided from the opening bell. Perhaps it’s his patience and workmanlike demeanor in the gym, but Kassab has really turned a corner in his career. The Omani fisherman effortlessly moved in and out of the clinch while landing knees, elbows and punches. Ronaldo finally managed to pull guard late in the round, but a fresher Kassab was ready and channeled his inner Tito Ortiz, unloading a barrage from his opponent’s guard. After passing to half guard, Kassab would feint a Kimura attempt before finishing his handiwork and forcing the referee stoppage. In another surprising move, the usually reserved Kassab got the crowd riled up with some excellent mic-work. Not many other fighters would be such a fan-favorite after beating two Brazilians in a row in front of their home crowd.

Walood “The Dugong” Kassab (5-4, 4-4) defeats Miguel “Black Mamba” Ronaldo (4-4, 0-2) via TKO (Strikes) R1 - 04:41

Former champion Sean Soffman would continue his downward spiral since losing his title, as he got drubbed over 15 minutes to Manaus-born striker, Jose Almedia. The Brazilian continued his resurgence at lightweight and opened with an occasionally hard-to-watch 10-8 opening round. Again and again, an out of shape Soffman dove in for takedowns and got countered by an assault of kicks and punches to the body and head. The former Canadian champion gutted out a better second and third stanzas by getting some takedowns and attacking with submissions, but a game Almedia was never in much danger and continued to pile up damage with his strikes. 30-26 scores were awarded across the board and Almedia moves forward with a two-fight win streak, while Soffman has now lost three in a row. The entire Qes Ter fight team seems to be in turmoil and most of the roster has been released, including Soffman who may be walking away from the sport. The Qes Ter management team was integral to KOTB’s early success, so we must thank them for their efforts, as they will always be a big part of our history.

Jose Almedia (3-3, 3-3) defeats Sean “The Strangler” Soffman (4-3, 4-3) via Decision (Unanimous)

Next up would be a terrific featured undercard bout between two of the lightweight division’s top talents, as Vitor Estima looked to rebound from his debut loss against one of KOTB’s most talked about fighters, the blind assassin, Danny Charles. Estima, despite walking into a nasty headkick in the opening moments, controlled the first round with good movement and sharp hands, and a late takedown would seal an impressive first round. A lively second round would yield similar results, with Estima controlling the range and mixing in takedowns while Charles pushed into the clinch with knees and elbows. Both fighters smiled and got the crowd to stand to start the third round and resumed the spirited exchanges until the final bell. All three judges gave the third round to Charles, but it was too little too late, as Estima locks up his first promotional win in the event’s ‘fight of the undercard’. “The King of the Beach” will get his chance to earn his nickname as he looks to avenge a loss to champion Dag Daghammar, this time with the championship on the line.

“The King of the Beach” Victor Estima (7-3, 1-1) defeats Danny “Handi-Capable” Charles (10-10, 1-1) via Decision (Unanimous)

A stacked main card would kick off with two of the middleweight division’s most dangerous fighters, as New York’s Joe Walcott took on England’s Ozamataz Buckshank. Both men came out firing to start and basically went shot-for-shot in an intense opening minute. Buckshank would switch things up with a takedown but couldn’t mount much offense, forcing the referee to restart things on the feet. Walcott would then start to pull away in the second half of the opening round, as his kicks began to take a toll on Buckshank’s output. This continued into the second round, as Buckshank just didn’t seem interested in checking leg kicks. Buckshank did land a pair of gorgeous combinations, but a left hand from Walcott had him on shaky knees early. Then, out of nowhere, Walcott connected on a clean headkick to the neck of the Brit and followed him with some fight-ending ground and pound. “Jersey Joe” has now won three in a row since his debut and is edging into contender status, while Buckshank takes the first step back in his career after an impressive opening run.

“Jersey” Joe Walcott (3-1, 3-1) defeats Ozamataz Buckshank (3-1, 3-1) via TKO (Kick & Punches) R2 - 01:10

Two of KOTB’s longest serving and most successful welterweights were up next, as former champion Murphy MacManus took on Lucas Campos. For the second straight fight, “Samurai” looked to show off his improved and dangerous grappling skills. The takedown wouldn’t come, however, and MacManus countered with a bevy of thudding jabs, uppercuts and crosses that had Campos reeling. MacManus then showed some flash, faking a leg kick and crushing his opponent with an incredible Superman punch knockout, the second in his KOTB career. The talented Irishman now looks forward to regaining the welterweight title against the winner of our main event.

Murphy “Shamrock” MacManus (6-1, 5-1) defeats Lucas “Samurai” Campos (4-2, 4-2) via KO (Superman Punch) R1 - 00:57

Next up, former light heavyweight champion, Third Round Romero, took on a former number one contender Simon Sims in what would end up being the card’s ‘fight of the night’. The fun began immediately, with both fighters standing in the pocket and exchanging hands. The Aussie striker looked to be getting a slight edge, but Romero would bring his Olympic wrestling pedigree into the fold and dove into a smooth takedown. Romero would then move into mount and remain there for the remainder of the round, but never really looked to finish the fight. After a brief clinch battle to start the second round, both fighters stepped back into the pocket and resumed knocking the snot out of each other. Both fighters landed big combinations, but Sims would eventually get rocked with just over a minute remaining. Just as the crowd sensed a finish, Sims would get his feet back and started returning fire, but a late takedown would seal another round for Romero. The third round was razor close, with two judges scoring 10-10s, and the damage began to take a toll on both fighters. A heavy clinch battle ensued, with both fighters breathing heavily and slowing down their outputs. In the end, all three judges would award the fight to Romero, who now has won two in a row since losing the title. Sims, on the other hand, has now lost two in a row to some very talented fighters, and will be looking to rebound in a big way.

Third “Y O L O” Round Romero (9-1, 4-1) defeats Simon Sims (8-4, 3-3) via Decision (Unanimous)

Our co-main event somehow managed to keep up with the excitement of the previous fight, but in a much shorter manner. Indian yoga master Prathamesh Randhawa looked to rebound from a title loss, as he took on the Amazon’s Augusto Azevedo, who also was looking forward to a rematch with the champion. Azevedo would get the fun started with a strong takedown in the opening seconds. Randhawa stayed composed and fished for a triangle choke and an armbar, but Azevedo sensed it and avoided both with ease while he tried to plan his attack. The Indian yogi wouldn’t let him get comfortable, however, and used his world-class flexibility to set up some sort of omaplata submission/transition. Azevedo, in what seemed like a good move at the time, fought through and jumped into side control, but it was all a trap, as Randhawa quickly used the momentum to take the Brazilian’s back and quickly took away his consciousness with a deep rear naked choke. It was an inspiring display of BJJ from both men, despite the length of the fight. Azevedo was not pleased after the fight and began barking at his opponent while the announcements were made. Randhawa stayed calm and collected, but his training partner Danny Charles took exception and started returning fire. The two had to be separated, and in a sudden move, Azevedo has decided to move up to lightweight to settle the score. The two now will compete in a grudge match this weekend at KOTB 26. Is there a little rivalry starting between the Buff Minion and McKenna camps?

"The Enlightened One" Prathamesh Randhawa (10-1, 1-1) defeats “Amazing” Augusto Azevedo (4-2, 4-2) via Submission (RNC) R1 - 01:49

Our main event would see KOTB’s inaugural welterweight champion, Parker Allen, looking to regain what he thinks is rightfully his, as he took on Brazilian superstar, James La Grande. As one of KOTB’s busiest fighters, La Grande was already making his third defense of the title in less than a year. The Brazilian did what he does best in the opening moments, avoiding a strike and landing an early takedown. Allen would immediately explode back to his feet, though, and never looked back. The American mixed in some dirty boxing with thumping leg kicks crisp punches. As La Grande started to slow, Allen picked up the pace and started unloading on the stunned champion. “The Terrorizer” felt the finish coming after hitting some brutal punches in the clinch and pushed away. La Grande quickly went to wipe some Vaseline out of his eye and Allen pounced with a brutal left hook knockout, putting an end to the impressive reign of La Grande. Allen is now KOTB’s first ever “two-time” champion and makes his first defense against the man who took his title, Murphy MacManus.

Parker "The Terrorizer” Allen (5-1, 4-1) defeats James “Flames” La Grande (11-2, 3-1) via KO (Punch) R1 - 04:33

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14304375972439.jpg

Eric Ashton (274213)

Hey boys!

I absolutely hate losing! So to lose 2 in a row is just not in the program! I have trained hard and held off on the parties, and not partying makes me all tense.

So Bruce baby, i have a lot of inner tension that i am gonna release on you this weekend! Nothing personal, hopefully you don't get too badly beat up you can;t party with me later! Woooo!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14304375972439.jpg

Eric Ashton (274213)

Hey boys!

I absolutely hate losing! So to lose 2 in a row is just not in the program! I have trained hard and held off on the parties, and not partying makes me all tense.

So Bruce baby, i have a lot of inner tension that i am gonna release on you this weekend! Nothing personal, hopefully you don't get too badly beat up you can;t party with me later! Woooo!

Kyrie Perry:

Its the curse of the KOTB middle weight belt lol. I swear once anybody touches it, they start losing. Best of luck to you though Eric, always been a fan of your dominant wrestling.

Been looking at this match up for a few weeks now and I thought it was a big mismatch for Bruce. After some more studying, I think this can be a very interesting fight for both fighters. Eric never been in a true stand-up battle and Bruce hasn't been tested by anyone of Eric Ashton caliber.

I still got my money on you, but be careful. Bruce might catch that pretty chin of yours. Bring home the win and end that 2 fight losing streak!

http://i66.tinypic.com/20zrath.jpg

"Morte" Vinicius Costa (2-0):

(In broken English)

"It's good to donimate...dominate a fight and knock him out. I love head kick knockout. And I don't mind to kick this Indian guy's head off. Prathamesh, you cadela, I will kick the curry out of your mouth, haha. "

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14422653535635.jpg

Lionel "wutUsay" Wright

DAMMNNNN Morgan Wade got dat ass beat and sent back 2 da burbs by ah real muthaphukkin G!!!

Gave u those GOTDAMN hands bruh!!

At least u got dat fight bonus, since u had 2 quit ur job at McDonalds 2 take the time off 2 fight *AHHHHHHH!!!*

(In broken English)

"It's good to donimate...dominate a fight and knock him out. I love head kick knockout. And I don't mind to kick this Indian guy's head off. Prathamesh, you cadela, I will kick the curry out of your mouth, haha. "

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14422837996455.jpg

"The Enlightened One" Prathamesh Randhawa

Namaste Vinicius Costa

Your anger brought on by the god Kali will eventually consume you my friend

But if it is the will of Ganesh it shall be

Good luck & may Lakshmi bless your family with wealth & prosperity

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14422653535635.jpg

Lionel "wutUsay" Wright

DAMMNNNN Morgan Wade got dat ass beat and sent back 2 da burbs by ah real muthaphukkin G!!!

Gave u those GOTDAMN hands bruh!!

At least u got dat fight bonus, since u had 2 quit ur job at McDonalds 2 take the time off 2 fight *AHHHHHHH!!!*

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14448452646492.gif

Morgan Wade

Dam G why don't you tell it like it really is!

You know you got your ass beat down and you B feel'n it for the next week.

You got desperate and got lucky, you know it I know it, so don't go talk'n your shit.

I'm sure the kind Dr. will be more than willing to schedule a rematch, that is if you got da balls to accept one!

You feel'n me now, homie??

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14422837996455.jpg

"The Enlightened One" Prathamesh Randhawa

Namaste Vinicius Costa

Your anger brought on by the god Kali will eventually consume you my friend

But if it is the will of Ganesh it shall be

Good luck & may Lakshmi bless your family with wealth & prosperity

(In broken English)

"Hey cadela, there is only one god, the Jesus Christ, not your Indian false god! Jesus Christ told me he wanted me to bunis...punish you, the false god's spokesperson. I will do it in the cage, Seu deus será irrelevante em breve. "

• Upvote 1

I don't know much what happened with Dr. Oc... I saw the organisation on the general sale section. I messaged Dr. Oc and purchased it for my mentee - Pat. He's been helping run RSF in St. Petes. So he will be taking KOTB on Thursday once an old gym has closed.

Knows how everything runs and has learnt from Myself, ASK (Edit no it wasn't - mixed it up) and Jamie Coton (Oni owner).

Hey guys, I didn't plan on signing in again, but I had to come back and sell the org so that you guys weren't in limbo, and to explain myself.

I've had some negative interactions with a number of managers lately, plus my "out of game" life has been really weird lately, so I've been feeling really shitty for weeks. Like honestly, this game is starting to affect my real life mood, so it's obviously becoming too much at this level.

Some weeks it felt like I would just give and give and give, but just get bullshit in return. I probably put about 20-30 hours into this org every single week. Nobody asked me to do it, but I loved doing it. I put a lot of my real life money into this, too, buying people VIP in exchange for cash to help run this org. This week I felt like I was starting to get really negative, and after another bad interaction, I just got fed up. I decided to leave my alliance, to sell the org, and to just leave and start again. I got tired of people knowing who I was, I got tired of the politics, and I just got sick of everything. Maybe I'm too sensitive to run an org on my own, I dunno. I didn't want to deal with anything, so I just left.

I'm really thankful for a number of you guys, whether it was top managers giving me cheap contracts, or people taking short notice fights, most of you were great to me, to be honest.

Eddie Nash has promised to take care of you guys, especially the managers that have helped me throughout the last few months, so I hope that he does.

• Upvote 4

Hey guys, I didn't plan on signing in again, but I had to come back and sell the org so that you guys weren't in limbo, and to explain myself.

I've had some negative interactions with a number of managers lately, plus my "out of game" life has been really weird lately, so I've been feeling really shitty for weeks. Like honestly, this game is starting to affect my real life mood, so it's obviously becoming too much at this level.

Some weeks it felt like I would just give and give and give, but just get bullshit in return. I probably put about 20-30 hours into this org every single week. Nobody asked me to do it, but I loved doing it. I put a lot of my real life money into this, too, buying people VIP in exchange for cash to help run this org. This week I felt like I was starting to get really negative, and after another bad interaction, I just got fed up. I decided to leave my alliance, to sell the org, and to just leave and start again. I got tired of people knowing who I was, I got tired of the politics, and I just got sick of everything. Maybe I'm too sensitive to run an org on my own, I dunno. I didn't want to deal with anything, so I just left.

I'm really thankful for a number of you guys, whether it was top managers giving me cheap contracts, or people taking short notice fights, most of you were great to me, to be honest.

Eddie Nash has promised to take care of you guys, especially the managers that have helped me throughout the last few months, so I hope that he does.

All the best Dr Octagon! Was a pleasure having you in the alliance while it lasted. Hope things in your real life will get better soon! Feel free to keep in touch with us guys from The Corporation :)

Offer still stands what I sent in PM. Hope to see you back soon.