Wanderlei Silva: "I can prove fixed fights in UFC"

Kronix

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/07/wanderlei-silva-i-can-prove-fixed-fights-in-ufc

Wanderlei is not happy with his situation and wants out of UFC, claiming he will never fight for them again. He also goes as far as to claime to have proof that the UFC fixes fights.

Any truth to his claims or just a bitter fighter with contract issues trying to claw his way out?

when all the announcers, analyzers, FOX announcers announce (specially Joe Rogan) that the winner of Miesha vs Eye will face ROusey next .. it comes to my mind whether the match is already fixed for Rousey to win, because everyone is already settled for Rousy vs Miesha/Eye matchup :D hahaa

Jo Rogan blubbering on rousey is fair ( i think he is 'hitting' it ;) ) no offense

when all the announcers, analyzers, FOX announcers announce (specially Joe Rogan) that the winner of Miesha vs Eye will face ROusey next .. it comes to my mind whether the match is already fixed for Rousey to win, because everyone is already settled for Rousy vs Miesha/Eye matchup :D hahaa

Jo Rogan blubbering on rousey is fair ( i think he is 'hitting' it ;) ) no offense

they announced that the winner is fighting Rousey 'cos nobody in their right mind thinks Bethe will take the title from her. slightly unprofessional but it was the subconsious mind speaking.

if Wanderlei has proof he has to show it or shut up,it would be like someone saying they had proof of alien visitations but they haven't shown it to you, they are just telling you about it.

You do not need to "fix fights" in MMA, simply book fighters in fights which they will likely lose. I think that in general there is a hierachy for sure, you get certain fighters being protected deliberately and being pushed early into the big events. I think most of those are marketing decisions though (Conor is a good example, although he proved to have the skills in the end, Brock is a better example). I do not think they actually fix fights though and if they do i bet Wanderlei does not have any proof.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

You do not need to "fix fights" in MMA, simply book fighters in fights which they will likely lose. I think that in general there is a hierachy for sure, you get certain fighters being protected deliberately and being pushed early into the big events. I think most of those are marketing decisions though (Conor is a good example, although he proved to have the skills in the end, Brock is a better example). I do not think they actually fix fights though and if they do i bet Wanderlei does not have any proof.

The idea that Brock Lesnar, an amateur wrestler almost a decade previous and 1-0 fighter who fought Frank Mir, a former UFC Champion, then a 28-13 Heath Herring, then a five time UFC Champion mixed martial arts Hall of Famer and all time great and at the time current UFC Champ, then the first guy again, then Cain Velasquez who is considered often as the best HW of all time outside of Fedor, then Alistair Overeem who is probably the most hyped signing of all time since Pride closed and was the current Strikeforce Champion....is stupid.

Brock was given one of the most murderous set of fighters of all time and he stood like a boss the entire time. Anyone can go from 1-0 and get through Frank Mir, Heath Herring, Randy Couture, Frank Mir, Shane Carwin, Cain Velasquez and Alistair Overeem and still have a winning record is a straight up champ. Show me a fighter with a harder set of fighters.

• Downvote 1