Ronda Rousey v.s Holly Holm set for UFC 195

Jacman

I dont think Holm has the punching power to bother rhonda. Only way she wins is if Rousey goes braindead and decides to have a pure striking match. Even then I think Rhonda is too athletic and powerful and would eventually hurt her.

Yeah she only had 9 Ko wins in 33 total wins throughout her boxing career and most of her ko's in mma have come from kicks so yeah she doesn't have a ton of power in her hands. Amanda Nunes has some good power so I wanted to see her instead since the UFC didn't want to make Miesha the next challenger.

Yeah she only had 9 Ko wins in 33 total wins throughout her boxing career and most of her ko's in mma have come from kicks so yeah she doesn't have a ton of power in her hands. Amanda Nunes has some good power so I wanted to see her instead since the UFC didn't want to make Miesha the next challenger.

Exactly. Holm is awesome and poses some weird challenges for Ronda but Nunes or Tate would give her more of a run at this point in their respective MMA careers.

Holm's length and kicks may pose something different to Ronda... Because Holm can kick very well to mix in with her punches.

Honestly, the more I think of this fight and weigh it out, the more I like it.

Holm will try to bring it, and Tate will and Cyborg or Nunes will.. As long as she fights those names and keeps fighting relivant fighters she will be okay...

But the Cyborg fight needs to happen. Ronda needs it for her legacy IMO.

Rogan said this fight isn't smart and he'd rather see Rousey fight Nunes instead.

Holm is too weak to beat Rousey, she has no strength. Even if she becomes more rounded Rousey will just muscle her around and beat her up. Holm may be accurate, but her punches wont do squat. No amount of MMA training will change that. She's great technically but without power she wont be able to put Rousey away. Maybe her kicks could pose a threat but I still see Rousey's judo dominating the fight, now and in the future. Cyborg is where it's at.

• Upvote 1

She is not fast enough to make her kicks a threat.. first kick to the body will be caught and she'll drop.

I doubt that, Ronda won't have as much of a speed advantage I don't think.. Holm's quickness is underratted, and so are her kicks..

Watch most of her fights, she is effective as hell.

No doubt, but Holm is 9-0 with 6 KO/TKO's and 5 of 6 came from kicks.

I'm trying to get a little excited and trying to believe Holm has a chance, because I have been rooting for her since she was a boxer I remember having those two wars with that girl, getting TKO'd in the first fight and in their immediate rematch Holm dominated her and won.

Holm poses different issues to Ronda, but none that Ronda can't handle is more what I'm saying.

Holm is too weak to beat Rousey, she has no strength. Even if she becomes more rounded Rousey will just muscle her around and beat her up. Holm may be accurate, but her punches wont do squat. No amount of MMA training will change that. She's great technically but without power she wont be able to put Rousey away. Maybe her kicks could pose a threat but I still see Rousey's judo dominating the fight, now and in the future. Cyborg is where it's at.

Basically this.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Miesha must have pissed off someone royally. She's the obvious contender -- and the fight was announced, but cash rules everything around UFC, DANA get the money dolla dolla bill y'all.

Dana just said also she is still quite a few wins away from Rousey now lmao, what a low blow.

• 2 weeks later...