Spar Stars

I'm just getting into making a spar bot and I'm trying to understand it a bit better. How much of it has to do with Primaries, Secondaries & Physicals. Is it mostly Primaries?

I've looked at my roster and I have no one above 3 stars, so is it quite difficult to get above that? (I have no one below 275k)

For example, I have a newer fighter with 11 BJJ, 9 takedowns, 9 submissions, 9 def grappling, but only 8 conditioning, 7 flexibility, 7 balance & 5 strength. He's only 3 stars for BJJ, so what would be my best bet for getting him higher? Physicals? Secondaries? (He only has 5 trans & 3 TDD)

Takedowns and TDD don't matter. I don't think physicals matter either but I'm not sure about that.

The things that matter are (probably in this order) BJJ, Subs, Trans, DG and Escapes. It is possible though that, because Trans and Escapes were added quite recently, Mike may not yet have added them to the BJJ sparring calculation.

Maybe someone else can tell us about physicals and Trans/Escapes?

I know that in the "old days" (before Trans and Escapes) the best way to make a BBJ bot was to max out BJJ, Subs and DG. Doing that you used to get a 3 star sparbot, but he'd get up to 4 stars pretty quick if you sparred every day and did subs/DG when not sparring.

Remember that if a fighter is low on energy, his star rating will go down temporarilly, so keep sparbots on high energy.

If you want a better sparbot though, and don't care that he won't be any use to fight with, you should look through the Free Agents. Find a black belt who is aged 30 or over (look for one with sub wins on their record). An old fighter like that should be 5 star, and he'll also probably have sens or elite cardio which will help with the energy too.

For example, this guy is a Free Agent at the moment...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=118954

• Upvote 1

Takedowns and TDD don't matter. I don't think physicals matter either but I'm not sure about that.

The things that matter are (probably in this order) BJJ, Subs, Trans, DG and Escapes. It is possible though that, because Trans and Escapes were added quite recently, Mike may not yet have added them to the BJJ sparring calculation.

Maybe someone else can tell us about physicals and Trans/Escapes?

I know that in the "old days" (before Trans and Escapes) the best way to make a BBJ bot was to max out BJJ, Subs and DG. Doing that you used to get a 3 star sparbot, but he'd get up to 4 stars pretty quick if you sparred every day and did subs/DG when not sparring.

Remember that if a fighter is low on energy, his star rating will go down temporarilly, so keep sparbots on high energy.

If you want a better sparbot though, and don't care that he won't be any use to fight with, you should look through the Free Agents. Find a black belt who is aged 30 or over (look for one with sub wins on their record). An old fighter like that should be 5 star, and he'll also probably have sens or elite cardio which will help with the energy too.

For example, this guy is a Free Agent at the moment...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=118954

Looks like I should've looked into this a bit sooner. Thanks for that, that makes a lot of sense

I have to agree with picking up old guys for sparbots. I have a bunch in my gym. They are all old fighters that I dont resign. The can have crappy hiddens and reecord. You just want them good at the skill you are training. Elite boxing, MT, or wrestling, or a black belt. It is a lot easier then trying to build one just for sparring, you will have to build their skills, physicals, and do some QFC's with them. When the star rating first started they said back then that your sparots had to have a few fights to have the 5 stars. Dont remember how many. So just pick up a good free agent. I just cut Jim Smith, he was a boxing spatbot with 5 stars. Elite++ boxing and elite something on punches and striking d, I dont remember clinch. He wont help BJJ but if you want one for boxing he is good for it. It has been almost a week, so he may not be on the list still.

That's a good idea. Didn't even think about that >.< Make sure you pick up a guy who isn't injury prone Jones

Got an offer out now for a guy who I think will be 5 star wrestling, which will work great. Fingers crossed!

Thanks, everyone

• Upvote 1

Nope you can only get injured during a fight, training does not effect a fighter with injuries

I must have been sparring too much then because, I've received quite a few messages from my fighters complaining about how they twisted their ankles etc. lol It doesn't happen anymore though! Thanks guys.

I must have been sparring too much then because, I've received quite a few messages from my fighters complaining about how they twisted their ankles etc. lol It doesn't happen anymore though! Thanks guys.

You do know that a fighter should never spar twice in one day?

You do know that a fighter should never spar twice in one day?

Yeah I figured that out pretty quick. Out of curiosity, how often do you spar your fighters? Is one session a day for 6 days too much? Since I got spammed with all that fighter hate mail. I'm really hesitant to spar as much now.

I have done 3 sessions in a row with a sparbot, never someone fighting, then I gave them a rest session. I didnt recieve any messages. I have a lot of sparbots, 2 in every skill except wrestling so I have them set to do boxing and wrestling in the AM and MT and BJJ PM they do yoga on the off sessions most of the time. When I did the 3 in a row I needed another guy in a MT session because of people recovering from a fight, so that is why I did it. Keep it to 1 time a day and you will never have a problem.

Yeah I figured that out pretty quick. Out of curiosity, how often do you spar your fighters? Is one session a day for 6 days too much? Since I got spammed with all that fighter hate mail. I'm really hesitant to spar as much now.

Do you have a copy of these mais you can paste here? I really don't know the kind of message you mean.

I mean tbh you should never have any reason to spar over 6 times a week unless the build is completely messed up or rare special cases where the build can be fixed. Once you get all you desired secondaries to Wonderful, you can secondary AM/spar PM for the whole week and with Elite cardio and recovery supp you will be fine. You definitely don't want to end up with a guy who has higher primaries than his secondaries cause it will get you killed against real competition. If you are creating a fighter you have no need to spar until you get all your secondaries for your desired build to Wonderful because this alone will pop primaries quite a bit if you are building your fighter correctly.

I have received those messages as well, but they are merely "flavour text" and your fighters did not receive actual injuries. When you spar more often then anything you can get these messages that say "I am getting banged up can I do some technical training" or something to that effect.

It's just flavor text so to speak but does any know if they take a morale hit if you push on afterwards? Obviously you don't get any near the same level of increased points from sparring if you don't take a break.

As far as I can tell, you get decreased returns on the sparring and morale will drop over time if you spar constantly.

If you are going to spar, just keep it to 6 sessions max a week, and don't spar twice in a row. Keeps your schedule clean and easier to organise.

Like Ryan (KingEpicity) said also, Sparring is almost unnecessary until your secondaries are up to a good level, as training the secondaries will pop the relevant primaries themselves.

I could be wrong, but it seems body shape or hiddens make a difference as well. I had 2 guys with almost identical stats, but the one with the slightly weaker stats was a full star above the other one in boxing and MT when both were at full power. He also happened to be a good deal taller which I suspect played a roll, but his chin was also better which I suppose could possibly have helped. Physicals do raise the star level for sure. I have watched while doing CT, and it makes a difference.

I have never noticed the difference in body shape or hiddens not sure if that makes a difference or not.

As for not sparring back to back, you guys are right, you do get less gains and if you keep doing it will get the messages, but as I have said I have done it with sparbots up to 3 times in a row, and both skills that were trained stayed at 5 stars. So even though they did not improve much they were still 5 stars for the guys he was sparring with. With sparbots only it is not so important as it is with fighters training to fight. Someone training to fight you are right spar once a day and hit the coach on the other session.

Physicals def play a part in sparring worth, I have noticed them just jump up when finally giving my guys CT training. I am not sure about body shape but I could see it being plausible, a taller more lean guy who be a good MT sparring partner for instance.

Ahh good to know. I don't have the messages anymore since it was from when I started but it was typically something like Louie said. "I'm sick of getting kicked in the head boss, Can I do something other than spar MT" etc. I ask about the 6 sessions a week because I picked up a FA spar bot. I was planning on using him for BJJ and Wrestling sparring and it'd be awesome if I could do both but, that might be a bit of a stretch.