Still think WWE is fake?

kenlow73

One thing I find odd - pro wrestling fans tend to start topics like this all the time, knowing full well that people will just say "yes it is fake", then the pro wrestling fan complain when people call it fake.... Nobody actually called it fake until you provoked them into calling it fake.

• Upvote 8

One thing I find odd - pro wrestling fans tend to start topics like this all the time, knowing full well that people will just say "yes it is fake", then the pro wrestling fan complain when people call it fake.... Nobody actually called it fake until you provoked them into calling it fake.

Yeah. I'm a fan. Like stpierrecanada up there I respect the hell out of what they do. But I'm not gonna ask people who likely dont like wrestling "do you think it's fake" or whatever.

• Upvote 1

I feel like if people have to question whether or not it's actually fake, it's probably fake. It's basically (shitty) acting with some athletic stunts.

The acting is "different" though. It's like how someone in Corrie's acting style is "being as normal as possible" and someone in a movie is about drama and complex emotions. Pro wrestling is more about really visual gimmicks and characters, so instead of a subtle look off to the side, pro wrestling's acting style is to make it as blatant and obvious as possible.

Not sure if Ken was trolling or just doesn't want to believe wrestling is fake as a whole.

It's scripted and choreographed(sometimes improvised with a scripted ending). Hell one of the most controversy moments is wrestling history is because Vince changed one scripted resulted(Bret Hart winning in Montreal) to another scripted result (Bret Hart losing in Montreal) mid-match and without his knowledge. But that also gave us one of the most talked about moves of the Monday Night Wars.

The strikes are fake and the ring is microphoned to make slams and punches(when combined with stomps) sound much more impactful than they actually are. I mean 99% of the pulled punches are just laughably bad.

However like any job that requires that many spots, stunts and just general physical activity in an improvised setting there is plenty of injury risk and quite a few spots that are just a risk to one's own health for the sake of it. Jumping off a titantron or getting thrown off a Hell in a Cell is dangerous even if they were landing on pillows(especially the goose feather quills :P). With some moves like a piledriver all it takes is the guy performing the move or the one in the move to fuck up just a little bit and you can fuck your neck up. There's lots of risks... but wrestling is still scripting and fake lol.

That being said, having been slammed on a wrestling ring canvas. It's not the field day some probably expect.

I dunno why these topics always get started either when it's always the same routine.

Hell even when it comes to injuries, the WWE has faked injuries for their performers many times(not in this case tho) to give a guy a vacation or hiatus.

Nope, You're wrong, people on these forums are always calling it fake regardless if the topic has anything to with Pro Wrestling or not.

• Downvote 1

Not sure if Ken was trolling or just doesn't want to believe wrestling is fake as a whole.

It's scripted and choreographed(sometimes improvised with a scripted ending). Hell one of the most controversy moments is wrestling history is because Vince changed one scripted resulted(Bret Hart winning in Montreal) to another scripted result (Bret Hart losing in Montreal) mid-match and without his knowledge. But that also gave us one of the most talked about moves of the Monday Night Wars.

The strikes are fake and the ring is microphoned to make slams and punches(when combined with stomps) sound much more impactful than they actually are. I mean 99% of the pulled punches are just laughably bad.

However like any job that requires that many spots, stunts and just general physical activity in an improvised setting there is plenty of injury risk and quite a few spots that are just a risk to one's own health for the sake of it. Jumping off a titantron or getting thrown off a Hell in a Cell is dangerous even if they were landing on pillows(especially the goose feather quills :P). With some moves like a piledriver all it takes is the guy performing the move or the one in the move to fuck up just a little bit and you can fuck your neck up. There's lots of risks... but wrestling is still scripting and fake lol.

That being said, having been slammed on a wrestling ring canvas. It's not the field day some probably expect.

I dunno why these topics always get started either when it's always the same routine.

Hell even when it comes to injuries, the WWE has faked injuries for their performers many times(not in this case tho) to give a guy a vacation or hiatus.

It's not fake. That fork that almost hit me in the face at an ECW house show wasn't fake. That fork probablly wasnt even scripted. Just New Jack randomly throwing a fork into the crowd.

• Downvote 1

Nope, You're wrong, people on these forums are always calling it fake regardless if the topic has anything to with Pro Wrestling or not.

Pro wrestling fans start this sort of thing totally unprovoked all the time. I'm not just talking about on here, I'm talking about everywhere. I don't know who said what to you where but nobody made you make this thread and you know you're going to only get one response, so I just don't really get basically asking people to say something to you that you find annoying.

Anyway, my mum dislocated her knee and tore her ligaments turning around in a kitchen so i don't really see why someone injuring their knee would mean anything anyway. :)

It's not fake. That fork that almost hit me in the face at an ECW house show wasn't fake. That fork probablly wasnt even scripted. Just New Jack randomly throwing a fork into the crowd.

I don't think Ken understands the definition of an "accident" when it comes to Wrestling shows (WWE or elsewhere). You get them all the time, and the time you almost got hit by a fork was one of the most erratic wrestlers of all time, he was essentially a walking accident.

This video is pretty much the best thing you will get to explaining how Pro Wrestling works, such as how they perform certain common moves. It's a series of them, but the first one gives you the basic gist of it. It's pretty much everything people already now (except for Ken apparently), but just a closer look at it. This is from back in 1998 so pretty much the start of "The Attitude Era" which was arguably the most popular time in WWE history.

Used to think it's real when I was 15 (I went full retard). Since I found out it's scripted, I never watched it again.

scripted doesn't equal fake

• Downvote 1

scripted doesn't equal fake

It's more than scripted tho. The tables are made to break easy, the punches are pulled and sometimes looks like a toddler punching a grown man(some are rougher than others, Brock throws him body around rough as hell and let's himself get hit decently enough to sell. Others don't even let the blows hit them at all.

Your talking about possible improve with yes a real fork. The fork was real doesn't = wrestling real. There are real forks(lol), barbed wire, nails, chairs, ladders used in wrestling all the time and the damage people allow to be done to their body is also very real (look at Mick Foley's old matches). More than not nowadays tho razor blades etc are used to induce bleeding. That doesn't make wrestling real tho, if someone takes it upon themselves to jump off a balcony in the middle of a play into a table. The play doesn't suddenly become real. It's still scripted acting. Plenty of the bumps taken in wrestling are real but plenty of fake/sold. That is why selling is a wrestling term in the first place.

"hey bro hold my chair while i fail to round house any part of your body/chair and fall over would ya?.......... Thanks, you're the best"

giphy.gif

The best part about that GIF is Angle tapping himself lightly in the head with the chair in a desperate attempt to sell the miss.

This thread is why you are my favorite poster on this entire forum. Thanks ken.

Hey JLP, do everybody a favor and SHUT THE FUCK UP for once.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THIS?

No one thinks wrestling is "real". Hell is WWE wanted people to think it's real, they wouldn't be throwing out kayfabe breaking shows every two seconds. Breaking Ground is their latest show. It's awesome imo. They have WWE, the big show. They have NXT, the developmental show. And they have the performance centre, which is basically your complete rookies who wouldn't be safe enough to wrestle yet. Breaking Ground is showing you wrestlers trying to build their character and learn their moves. If WWE wanted people to think it's "real", they wouldn't break kayfabe.

Everything they do in the ring is real. There are no wires. That guy DID just get put through a table. We can see the table's flimsy and likely makes the fall better, but none the less, its obviously real.

Btw, can any of you tell me what the deal with thumb tacks in wrestling is? They often zoom on them, they look like actual thumb tacks. They zoom in on the back, blood coming from each thumb tack stuck in etc. But SURELY they cant have someone's back and head going into thumb tacks can they?

This is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo real

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pQ_KaFh69Y

What is supposed to be fake in this? One guy's doing a figure four on someone, obviously not hurting him. But that move happens all the time. Is it cause Ric elbow drops his coat? Cause he's also been doing that for years.