Still think WWE is fake?

kenlow73

What is supposed to be fake in this? One guy's doing a figure four on someone, obviously not hurting him. But that move happens all the time. Is it cause Ric elbow drops his coat? Cause he's also been doing that for years.

Yeah Ric was spazzing out in classic form during that segment and doing moves to his coat cause he was so hyped up.

Also yeah, pretty sure the thumb tacks are legit real. Maybe they are shorter than normal ones but that is also why you don't see them in the WWE often anymore. They fuck your body up and I would be worried about one going into my eye. lol. WWE has toned it down quite a bit with the real gore and crazy jumping off ceiling and shit type stunts in recent years to avoid lawsuits and appeal to younger audiences. Plus there is just not that many people like Mick Foley who are willingly to put their body through that kind of hell without awesome insurance (which the WWE would want to avoid paying out if someone broke their next).

Yeah Ric was spazzing out in classic form during that segment and doing moves to his coat cause he was so hyped up.

Also yeah, pretty sure the thumb tacks are legit real. Maybe they are shorter than normal ones but that is also why you don't see them in the WWE often anymore. They fuck your body up and I would be worried about one going into my eye. lol. WWE has toned it down quite a bit with the real gore and crazy jumping off ceiling and shit type stunts in recent years to avoid lawsuits and appeal to younger audiences. Plus there is just not that many people like Mick Foley who are willingly to put their body through that kind of hell without awesome insurance (which the WWE would want to avoid paying out if someone broke their next).

Yeah WWE wrestler's aren't allowed to even cut themselves anymore (apparently unless they go by the names Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker). Brock Lesnar is the man anyways cause you throw him into a ring post and he headbutts the thing so he'll bleed the hard way. Such a badass human being.

Yeah WWE wrestler's aren't allowed to even cut themselves anymore (apparently unless they go by the names Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker). Brock Lesnar is the man anyways cause you throw him into a ring post and he headbutts the thing so he'll bleed the hard way. Such a badass human being.

and then get the doctor who is seeing to him to fuck off...Cos he is Brock fucking Lesnar

and then get the doctor who is seeing to him to fuck off...Cos he is Brock fucking Lesnar

When I saw Hell in a Cell and Brock sent the doctor flying, I was wondering if that was scripted or if Brock was doing that "Hurry up and check it so I can tell you to fuck off and make this awkward moment go away". If it was unscripted, Brock was ridiculously liable for sending him flying like that. More chance of it being scripted because they bladed.

Pretty sure they can't really do any of that shit anymore because they're a publicly traded company which means Vince and company can't just do whatever they want anymore. This is also why we will never see another attitude era

The whole thing started with Linda trying to run for office, they are also a public traded company. They were doomed for the route they went regardless.

And exactly. Lesnar is just bad ass when he goes out there. Most barely hit the turnbuckle with their shoulder. Brock straight up head butts that shit. A lot don't let themselves get punches. Brock is like, just punch me in the fucking face. WWE needs more guys like that who aren't afraid to play rough. Turning into a bunch of pansies out there.

fake1

fāk/

noun

a thing that is not genuine; a forgery or sham.

"the painting was a fake"

synonyms: forgery, counterfeit, copy, pirate(d) copy, sham, fraud, hoax, imitation, mock-up, dummy, reproduction; More

adjective

not genuine; counterfeit.

"fake designer clothing"

synonyms: forgery, counterfeit, copy, pirate(d) copy, sham, fraud, hoax, imitation, mock-up, dummy, reproduction; More

verb

forge or counterfeit (something).

"the woman faked her spouse's signature"

synonyms: forge, counterfeit, falsify, mock up, copy, pirate, reproduce, replicate; More

fake1

fāk/

noun

a thing that is not genuine; a forgery or sham.

"the painting was a fake"

adjective

not genuine; counterfeit.

"fake designer clothing"

verb

forge or counterfeit (something).

"the woman faked her spouse's signature"

synonyms: forge, counterfeit, falsify, mock up, copy, pirate, reproduce, replicate; More

or like the post above

• Upvote 1

Bring back the old days of barbwire and extreme carnage, may have been fake but was a hell of a show. It has gone way to tame now to be worth watching.

Sabu v Terry Funk wasn't very "fake" to be fair. Sabu was a legit bad ass when he went and just taped up the huge cut on his arm. Then them getting tangled in the barbed wire and needing wire cutters to get out. There was no two ways about it staged or not; that shit was going to hurt.

(Terry Funk and Sabu both said the finish was improvised due to the sheer carnage of the match and Sabu's cut, so the actual staged finish wasn't completed and instead they went for an insane bump which fucked both them up.)

The early day ECW fighters were insane at points and really hard to watch from a wrestling purist stand point. There intentions were to go out and inflict as much pain as possible on the other person using a variety of weapons to put on a good show.

Here's what happens when the line between real and fake gets too blurred.

The story, the girl was supposed to be getting signed to TNA soon but the guy, who was a rookie I believe, hit her too stiff (after she was doing so with him) and she got cut opened. Her besties, the guys owning the organisation, didn't take too kindly to that. Cue what appears to be quite close to a 400 man jumping off the top rope to curb stomp a guy into some reasonably solid ladders......twice.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=48a_1390781699

Here's what happens when the line between real and fake gets too blurred.

The story, the girl was supposed to be getting signed to TNA soon but the guy, who was a rookie I believe, hit her too stiff (after she was doing so with him) and she got cut opened. Her besties, the guys owning the organisation, didn't take too kindly to that. Cue what appears to be quite close to a 400 man jumping off the top rope to curb stomp a guy into some reasonably solid ladders......twice.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=48a_1390781699

Yeah that was one of those fucked up moments that makes me embarrased to be an American at times. White trash at it's finest.

Took this from the comment section:

"Mickie was left with a "knot on her head" and could potentially ruin her TV deal (Ian was referencing appearances in broadcasted wrestling federation TNA)

While Mike Levy is left with 9 broken ribs, punctured lung, loss of his right eye, broken arm massive blood loss and brain damage."

Funny(not so) how they flew an untrained fat guy from a wrestling forum out to compete in a match with their darling fat chick and then assault him for not knowing how to wrestle. Ignorance at it's finest. Her terk herrr jeerrrrb!

Just to clarify... You aren't Mike Levy are you Ken? Cause that was pretty real.

• Upvote 1

Yeah that was one of those fucked up moments that makes me embarrased to be an American at times. White trash at it's finest.

Took this from the comment section:

"Mickie was left with a "knot on her head" and could potentially ruin her TV deal (Ian was referencing appearances in broadcasted wrestling federation TNA)

While Mike Levy is left with 9 broken ribs, punctured lung, loss of his right eye, broken arm massive blood loss and brain damage."

Funny(not so) how they flew an untrained fat guy from a wrestling forum out to compete in a match with their darling fat chick and then assault him for not knowing how to wrestle. Ignorance at it's finest. Her terk herrr jeerrrrb!

Just to clarify... You aren't Mike Levy are you Ken? Cause that was pretty real.

I'm not sure that he was actually left with those. Police got involved and Mike said it was all a work (scripted) and he knew it was going to happen. If he actually had ANY of that, he'd never just pass it off and deal with the life changing problems and never ending medical bills.

She never lasted in TNA if you're wondering lmao. Watching that WWE Breaking Ground show, they've got people in really good shape who are going through the drills and can't get the small technical things down. One dude being told to roll on the ground and them step forward in a fighting stance. He stepped back every time. They'd NEVER let him even wrestle at a house show without being able to follow an instruction like that. Someone like Mike Levy would likely last about 5 seconds into the tryout. Actually someone like Mike Levy wouldn't have got the tryout. Nor would probably 99.9% of the people at that wrestling show (a few guys who have wrestled there made it, such as CM Punk ironically).

A cool thing is that a guy wrestling house shows is Hugo Knox, real name Stuart Tomlinson, a goalkeeper from a few teams like Burton Albion, Port Vale and Crewe Alexandria. I really hope he makes it because it's pretty cool that Brock Lesnar has been in WWE games and UFC games, but it'd be pretty ridiculous if a guy who's been in two FIFA games is in a WWE game haha.

A cool thing is that a guy wrestling house shows is Hugo Knox, real name Stuart Tomlinson, a goalkeeper from a few teams like Burton Albion, Port Vale and Crewe Alexandria. I really hope he makes it because it's pretty cool that Brock Lesnar has been in WWE games and UFC games, but it'd be pretty ridiculous if a guy who's been in two FIFA games is in a WWE game haha.

He was actually on the Breaking Ground show, he was the guy in the ring with Tino Sabbatelli when he was going through his Concussion Impact Test.

Hope he does succeed in it as it's always good to see talent get on well moving from a different sport.

He was actually on the Breaking Ground show, he was the guy in the ring with Tino Sabbatelli when he was going through his Concussion Impact Test.

Hope he does succeed in it as it's always good to see talent get on well moving from a different sport.

I thought I was talking nonsense to you. Not often some cnt gets what you're on about when you do that haha.

Yeah I wouldn't have known what he looked like until I checked to see if he was ever in Fifa there. Dude's in incredible shape.

Almost everyone in WWE these days is a multiple sport athlete, showing how hard it is to get in now. ZZ would be obviously the worst of everyone but after that, the likes of Josh are probably among the weakest in the place and he's a beast. There's loads of guys like Elias Sampson or whoever that might be able to handle themselves in the ring, but those promo classes and building your character is everything in WWE. Tyler Breeze coming off as a normal sound enough guy is weird too haha.

These days we're seeing wrestlers not react to missed shots more and more and maybe the guy doing the move will repeat.

Yeah selling a move that completely missed you is just as bad as not selling a move that did in my opinion. They broke completely break the illusion that is supposed to be built in their performances. It much makes more sense for them to improvise and get themselves back in the same situation for the move again or just improvise a finish in the event of a fail.

Like this classic fail from Lesnar:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/663/298/d03.gif

Supposed to be the big finish of the match, instead we get F5 spammed. Better than Angle trying to sell that shit when Brock clearly landed on his own face.