Another Damn "Ethics" Thread - The Farming of Hype

KingEpicity

Just to clear a few things up, Troid would still have the hype it has now, the last fights on a fight card mean jack shit; although some org owners are just anal about filling them. That is a fact, not an opinion, MFN sometimes doesn't fill their cards, yet make a fortune and are one of the highest ranked orgs out there who don't go full retard on advertisements (1003 events).

Is what Grant does a bit unethical? Yeah, i'd agree with that. I wouldn't personally fight two guys just so my card was full (i have however fought two 0-0 guys against each other for testing purposes in different orgs). Is it a big deal? Nah, plenty of org owners have done it in the past and it was never really seen as a cause of concern.

Now we move onto the "hype farming" and how it isn't a big deal. I remember when I joined this game, a rather large bunch of members wanted to castrate the FinnFighters for doing the exact same thing. They held a legitimate tournament for themselves to see who was better. Since their fighters were then useless with that hype they fed them to fighters in NFC. You yourself had something to say about the FinnFighters.

“Not much of a shock to see the FinnFighter record padding/hype farming org pussy out.”

You also called out Mentor not too long ago for doing the same thing with Scotty Bennett

"nice can you lined up for your next hype farming session. http://mmatycoon.com....php?FID=146462"

You also called out QFC Tokyo for doing the same thing.

“Xyd used to be one of the main beneficiaries of the noob hype farming scheme known as QFC Tokyo, so this isnt news.”

It would suggest that you are very much against hype farming; so much so you posted three times about three separate orgs about it... but now the shoe is on the other foot; some may say this is rather hypocritical.

The difference is I don't consider what I'm doing to be hype farming. Cute that you spent a few hours building a feeble case based on my comments on situations that have no real comparison to the fight under discussion.
  • Downvote 3

The difference is I don't consider what I'm doing to be hype farming. Cute that you spent a few hours building a feeble case based on my comments on situations that have no real comparison to the fight under discussion.

You are one self delusional fuck.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

If it's a fight or two, it's nothing to go nuts over. They are also HIS fighters which I feel is a big part of it. A lot of Island guys have been picked up over the last few seasons and were forced to fight in orgs until their hype was drained in massive mismatches. JLP's having a couple of fighters with guys he trained and brought up. They will be at a disadvantage but I imagine he'll give it a shot at winning. I believe his intention isn't to end up with 20 hype on both, he just wants to kick the org off to a good start.

If someone had a 300 hyped guy and fought at a 200k ID disadvantage with deliberately losing sliders just to get hype on someone else until that first fighter no longer had hype, it'd be a time to look a bit closer into it. This is less "hype farming" and more "hype picking an apple off the tree in your back garden".

• Upvote 1

You are one self delusional fuck.

When you can't win an argument, just start throwing insults.

I still don't know why you guys are getting all upset, I just asked a question like you did. It looked like one or two people have a problem with the fight matchup. Personally, I don't have that much of a problem with filling a card with your own fighters. I just wanted to find out what the forum thought, just like you did. Looks like no one cares and thats fine.

I do find it hilarious that Detective Dinoo spent half his day searching through the forum to find quotes from me about situations that dont resemble this at all. That was the highlight of my mmatycoon day.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

If it's a fight or two, it's nothing to go nuts over. They are also HIS fighters which I feel is a big part of it. A lot of Island guys have been picked up over the last few seasons and were forced to fight in orgs until their hype was drained in massive mismatches. JLP's having a couple of fighters with guys he trained and brought up. They will be at a disadvantage but I imagine he'll give it a shot at winning. I believe his intention isn't to end up with 20 hype on both, he just wants to kick the org off to a good start.

If someone had a 300 hyped guy and fought at a 200k ID disadvantage with deliberately losing sliders just to get hype on someone else until that first fighter no longer had hype, it'd be a time to look a bit closer into it. This is less "hype farming" and more "hype picking an apple off the tree in your back garden".

I highlighted the key part of your post and why it turned into a big deal. Also when you add in the name "Bjorn" and you have the skype group go into red alert. Bjorn does get a little upset when these guys take shots at him all the time because he is a really nice guy and wants everyone to like him. I'm probably the exact opposite and thats why we work well together.

The passive aggressive tone mr epicity used in all his posts until his last one was pretty funny though. Between that and Detective Dinooo this turned into a great thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I highlighted the key part of your post and why it turned into a big deal. Also when you add in the name "Bjorn" and you have the skype group go into red alert. Bjorn does get a little upset when these guys take shots at him all the time because he is a really nice guy and wants everyone to like him. I'm probably the exact opposite and thats why we work well together.

The passive aggressive tone mr epicity used in all his posts until his last one was pretty funny though. Between that and Detective Dinooo this turned into a great thread.

You're welcome. :yes: Anything I can do to make your day oh great one. "Bjorn" and "Vendetta" go hand in hand which is what you failed to mention. I don't have anything against Bjorn and obviously I am apart of Vendetta but whenever either is mentioned or in the headlines the haters or trolls seem to come out.

There is no argument to win, that's the funny part. I agreed with you and yet you love to hear yourself talk until it looks like you won an argument that did not even exist. I test projects every now and then, the sparbots or w/e Grant I referred to in the second post was because you posted the links and said that was what you are talking about. Yeah looks like he uses them to fill cards. Ethical? Who knows, helps nothing but the smallest little hype penalty not happening. Has nothing to do with hype building because they have no hype like we both ageed. In the end we both agreed it comes down to matchmaking needing to be more on point. Doesn't help you have one manager of three champions who decides to go inactive and not care about the game any more. The funniest part in all of this is in both discussion we seem to be agreeing on the major points.

I don't think either is unethical.

We know you care.

#BoycottTroid2016

• Upvote 1

We know you care.

#BoycottTroid2016

We know you care.

#BoycottTroid2016

http://i.imgur.com/MCLdJQZ.gif

• Upvote 2

Another classic case of whining. I think guys do it all the time. I had a fighter who fought his first fight against a glass jaw who was 2-4 (or something like that, the memory is hazy). In your definition that would be hype farming but it's not really all that wrong. The point is to build up guys. The UFC does it in real life all the time.

Point is, if it doesn't bother you or effect you in anyway the why do you whine? I feel like some of you just bitch to bitch. What he is doing makes perfect sense to build up his org. Besides why do you even know this fight is happening? Do you watch his org all day to see the matches he makes? Good god.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Another classic case of whining. I think guys do it all the time. I had a fighter who fought his first fight against a glass jaw who was 2-4 (or something like that, the memory is hazy). In your definition that would be hype farming but it's not really all that wrong. The point is to build up guys. The UFC does it in real life all the time.

Point is, if it doesn't bother you or effect you in anyway the why do you whine? I feel like some of you just bitch to bitch. What he is doing makes perfect sense to build up his org. Besides why do you even know this fight is happening? Do you watch his org all day to see the matches he makes? Good god.

Did you even read the OP?

No one in this thread was whining, not me, not JLP no one. It's called a discussion and we are on a message board where discussions take place. In my OP I explained it was just a perfect example of what I was once told was "bad" and I kinda disagreed so I wanted to get a clear answer on what the public thought moving forward. Same with JLP, he brought forth a point so people could put forth their opinion on the subject. I asked a question so did he. That is called a classic discussion based the original post of a thread in a message board. :P

Also first fight vs 2-4 is def not hype farming :D. There is no hype to speak of in that scenario and nothing wrong with 0-0 vs 2-4 unless the 0-0 was a long term project and the 2-4 was a can. Even then it would be more of a test fight because once again, no hype to farm or speak of.

"Besides why do you even know this fight is happening? Do you watch his org all day to see the matches he makes? Good god."

Did you not see New York Fight Night's big charity event on the message board? It's right here in the same topic bro. I click on it to see what fights were booked on it so far and that happened to be the only one. lol. So, I know this fight is happening because I am active on the board and game and I am interested in the event.

Ironic that you came on to whine about someone whining when they weren't even whining. I wouldn't say one person in this entire thread whined once until your post :D (I did take a stab at JLP at one point but meh, he can take it.)

Since we're on the subject I would love a Whineken and some french cries.

:nogood:

• Upvote 1

It doesn't take very long time find those quotes, actually if you search hype farming in the forums, it wasn't difficult to find them - took me 15 minutes tops. Anyway, I think it proved my point that you are very hypocritical when it comes to shit like this.

You were accusing Ryan of whipping out the victim card, and now you are whipping it out; once again hypocrisy. This has nothing to do with the owner of NYFN, this is you not practicing what you preach. The mere fact you mentioned that oh this is because it is Bjorn's bla bla bla, if this wasn't Bjorn it wouldn't get mentioned bla bla bla; i think the quotes above by yourself show that it was brought up before by none other than you. Now it is you in the cross-hairs you decide to duck and dodge and now trying to hold Bjorn out as a shield. This has nothing to do with him, this has to do with JLP being a little bit of a hypocrite.

Anyway, I have said my piece on it, have fun with the rest of your day Johnny.

• Upvote 5

Seems to me like most people agree that not much if anything is wrong here. Island fighters come out over hyped with little real future (apart form HG which is a good solid org) so if people use that hype to further an org so be it. Especially if the fighter in question is actually the matchmakers. In regards to filling cards with your own fighters, who gives a shit. No one is hurts by this.

In conclusion this thread has been interesting to see personal issues but no one has really done anything wrong. In my humble opinion.

• Upvote 3

It doesn't take very long time find those quotes, actually if you search hype farming in the forums, it wasn't difficult to find them - took me 15 minutes tops. Anyway, I think it proved my point that you are very hypocritical when it comes to shit like this.

You were accusing Ryan of whipping out the victim card, and now you are whipping it out; once again hypocrisy. This has nothing to do with the owner of NYFN, this is you not practicing what you preach. The mere fact you mentioned that oh this is because it is Bjorn's bla bla bla, if this wasn't Bjorn it wouldn't get mentioned bla bla bla; i think the quotes above by yourself show that it was brought up before by none other than you. Now it is you in the cross-hairs you decide to duck and dodge and now trying to hold Bjorn out as a shield. This has nothing to do with him, this has to do with JLP being a little bit of a hypocrite.

Anyway, I have said my piece on it, have fun with the rest of your day Johnny.

Putting up my old quotes without context that have no comparison to the current situation proved nothing. We all know that there would have never been a comment made about the Dahl fight had it been in any org other than the one owned by bjorn. You guys have a sick need to try and bully him at any opportunity.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Putting up my old quotes without context that have no comparison to the current situation proved nothing. We all know that there would have never been a comment made about the Dahl fight had it been in any org other than the one owned by bjorn. You guys have a sick need to try and bully him at any opportunity.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/3074479.jpg

Guys...

I think I have a meme addiction.

I have a problem.