TWW News - Christmas Edition

GBK16

You want to put money on it? Any amount of IG money - you've got shit tons but I don't like taking money off a fellow Scotsman so let's say 500k?

Then my fellow Scotsman they are ripping you off.

As I edited that post because of how snidey it sounded when i re-read it, if an established money printer as i call them offered you 50k, then they are ripping you off considering they make in excess of 1mil per event.

Then my fellow Scotsman they are ripping you off.

As I edited that post because of how snidey it sounded when i re-read it, if an established money printer as i call them offered you 50k, then they are ripping you off considering they make in excess of 1mil per event.

Yeah well I'm all ears for these six figure contracts I keep hearing about :P I've yet to see any evidence for it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't understand what the big deal about saying if Grunge lost to the EVO champ I would be more picky with who I fought after that. I'm fairly certain the majority of managers here have declined a fight. Ive had plenty of fighters in EVO and have always worked well with The Org, if they had a problem with a stipulation brought forth during contract negotiations they could, and have, put forth a counter offer.

I've been looking for a big fight for Grunge for awhile now. I've contacted the managers or Org of the three top MWs to try to get a big fight on a big card, but all I was told was it would have to wait till after the Olympics.

JJ brought me into slaughterhouse and I had never even talked to Ryne before he went on a power trip trying to tell me I had to accept a fight. The original deal I had with JJ was exactly as he stated. The only time I threatened to pull all fighters from Slaughterhouse was to Ryne when he was being unreasonable. Ryne even apologized to me after he talked to JJ.

I play this game to have fun and enjoy myself. Others seem to play this game to go on the forums and be dumb asses.

This all started because after I left with Grunge Ryne was pissed and told JJ to release all my other fighters. JJ refused so Ryne got his feelings hurt and left the org. This information is straight from JJ. Then some other dumbass wrote a "news report" about some rumor. I don't feel as if I should have to write up some huge response to defend myself against such a biased and unconfirmed accusation.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

You alright man?

So I've been spending the day trying to smooth things out between Ryne and JJ and generally just fixing shit for the org, and Nelson just comes in with a wall of text accusing people of all sorts of shit. Fantastic... cheers Nelson, really appreciate it - now there is actual drama where before it was pretty minor stuff. *sigh*...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

So I've been spending the day trying to smooth things out between Ryne and JJ and generally just fixing shit for the org, and Nelson just comes in with a wall of text accusing people of all sorts of shit. Fantastic... cheers Nelson, really appreciate it - now there is actual drama where before it was pretty minor stuff. *sigh*...

none of which was true. lol his deal with jj wasn't until after i signed him to the org on a 1 fight deal

Oh for fuck sake, this is precisely the sort of shit we don't need. I have no idea what went on in conversations between Ryne and JJ but you posting all this shit is the definition of unprofessional - you are doing yourself no favours here.

Unprofessional?

It's a game you braindead sack of arseholes.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Can't quote you Dinoo bc the PS doesn't allow that but that's why there was no reason to bring names into it again. Most people are either too new to know about it or it was long enough ago they forget. I didn't bring anyone else's name into it either.

And I think it was the last TWW news where the amount of guys under weight in Syn was mentioned. Which started a string of 'decline fight offers' because guys weighed 10lbs less than their fighter. Either way the point was it happens all the time, including at the top level & from a wide variety of alliances from what I experienced.
I try to be as accommodating as possible to a certain point & then just cut bait with guys who are too big of a headache. Maybe people should be less worried about everybody else playing by the standards they play by or think people should play by & just focus on their own shit
  • Upvote 3

As far as writer pay when I did EVO's countdown previews I was paid 10% of the event profits with a 100K minimum cap on it. I couldn't find the thread to show what kinda work it was but I used to make anywhere between 100K-300K an event.

Since EVO did 8 or 9 events per month I was averaging between 1.5-2 million per month writing

Love that idea of paying 10% of the profits. Cracking way to work it.

Dinooo, I'll send in a little bit about HG's year but I'd kind of prefer to see more from other perspectives of outsiders. I'm heavy para that people are talking in the shadows about us because we are the type of org we are so if that's actually happening I wouldn't mind being able to talk to someone about that kind of stuff. I might see if any of the HG guys minds doing a paragraph about us as well. It's easy for me to talk about how amazing we are haha, but I think we've been able to give a few guys a bit more to the site than they were receiving before (a few guys have even dropped non-HG fighters or signed all of their guys to HG eventually saying "Why would I fight elsewhere?") so I might see if anyone minds throwing something like that it. I don't want just me and the usual faces to talk about HG though cause I feel like I'm starting to get trapped in a box a bit and we aren't out there in the site enough. If you got a top 20 list of MMATycoon writers in 2015 I wouldn't even get mentioned despite writing like 50 of them or some shit just because outside of our clique guys aren't really seeing HG that much.

Talk to Gus or Davies at CEC. Davies used to pay through the nose for writers. Trying to find any preview writers in this game is a fucking nightmare at the best of times.

This is Correct. When Ascension was still open I would basically pay near enough anything for a good writer. They are hard to come by and believe it or not some people actually look for Orgs who do previews / Reveiws before even considering to sign with a org.

It makes everything Seem more realistic and interesting. I'm still looking for a good writer now so anybody Intrestedcome collect your cash :-)

When your involved with a top3/4 org the money that it earns is crazy so paying a measly 100k is fuck all to be honest. Infact a good price. Think I was paying the last guy who was my writer for Ascension like 400k/500k a month as it was easier paying monthly.

This is Correct. When Ascension was still open I would basically pay near enough anything for a good writer. They are hard to come by and believe it or not some people actually look for Orgs who do previews / Reveiws before even considering to sign with a org.

It makes everything Seem more realistic and interesting. I'm still looking for a good writer now so anybody Intrestedcome collect your cash :-)

When your involved with a top3/4 org the money that it earns is crazy so paying a measly 100k is fuck all to be honest. Infact a good price. Think I was paying the last guy who was my writer for Ascension like 400k/500k a month as it was easier paying monthly.

Yeah I thought 100k seemed ridiculous for one write up but when I thought of it as just 10% of the profits for a massive addition to the org, it's even a bargin at that. If I pay 10%, I'm roughly doing 80k-150k an event which I can afford so this thread has inspired me to dig deep for the write ups haha.

• Upvote 1

so seldom I arrive in these forums that I almost forget the stupidity I ALWAYS find here.

I read the TWW News Christmas edition written by some KBG or GSM or something? and found it vaguely interesting until the last part which was out of place and obvious stupider that the usual I find here...lets review it with a clear mind...

WAIT !! I almost forgot where I am so cancel the clear mind part and lets just review....

The Ego Initials writer KGB or whatever says,

Surely the Org Owner, JJ Tycooner, would be disgusted with this request, nay, this demand? Well, the plot thickens even further now as it turns out that as part of the deal to sign Tommy Grunge to his org Slaughterhouse, JJ Tycooner told him he could in fact choose all of his own fights!

OK now Im confused...seems he is saying the deal was some fighter can choose his own fights...and? thats some sort of issue? Strange to a clear minded person...since it takes the OTHER manager to agree...so who gives a rats ass who "chooses" the fights? I find this fairly common and have several times just this month seen Champs decline fights for various reasons from the other fighter just joined the org (which dont mean crap when in an age restricted org) to needs more training WHO DONT? Bit nobody says anything about that and its basically the same thing. From what I can see there really is no issue here... Most will agree that a Champ dont decline fights...And if he does...without a damned good reason he should be stripped of the belt...so letting him CHOOSE dont seem all that big a deal since the other manager has every right to decline. Also the argument becomes twisted when u consider KGB then starts saying other top fighter will go to that org to fight Tommy Grunge...ok so thats a bit twisted it seems...and then he ends with what is likely the REAL reason behind this silly add-on to an Christmas Edition post...turns out its the COMPETITION tactics he really worried about...that Slaughterhouse will get a load of top fighters signed...oh now THAT sounds like truth to me and rings true and clear...no twists involved there !

And this KGB guy now things he is the GOD who decides what shows an org in a bad light...and then goes so far as to declare it "brings into question the legitimacy of his record" and then adds his GOD-view of the future and states "which we can safely say will never be looked upon as one of the greats.".

WOW what EGO !

And it continues! His GOD-ship then declares that Grunge "claimed he would become picky of who he fights should he lose, something that no fighter, or manager, would ever do if they want to even come close to being an all time great." OMG this happens ALL THE TIME in real life as well as this game and he thinks HE is the decider on if such is appropriate or if it can be considered for someone to become even close to an all-time great...seems to me the simple roy jones vs Paciao drama had plenty of declines and BOTH are closer than "close" to all time greats. Seems to me damn near EVERY "all-time great" did some pickin and choosin along the way. Even Mohammad Ali did some pickin and choosin along the way...so the articule was ok up to the point that the initials God let his ego trip fantastic and allowed his hurt feelings because Slaughterhouse stole his thunder and signed someone this "Syn" org wanted...oh OW my PU33y hurts! Kinda seems like he crying over org owner tactics that WORKED and trying to use his soapbox as a place to pick apart the methods thru twisted logic. MUST be a Democrat !

But I may have missed part of his TRUE purpose of crying because it almost seems like he upset at Grunge as well... How DARE YOU sign with another org Grunge!! You so BAD! and the initials God has declared u to "never be looked upon as one of the greats"....but I happen to think u ALL MAN for standing up to a GOD on a soapbox and doing what YOU want to do and not give a damn what the initials God thinks or says....kinda feel like we twins in that way...Hope to run into u someday...never heard of u until now...

Speaking of someone I never heard of...this "syn" is an org yes? From what the initials God said early in his rant...Im thinking its an org. Never heard of it but apparently the initials GOD seems to think its pretty awesome??? Maybe someday I will run into it as well...Hey Grunge maybe u an me go tag-team "syn" eh? Sure dont want to run into the initials GOD tho...he might make a post in the forums about US !

OMG! I think I got yellow water running down my leg....

as usual...I wont be returning to see what the initials GOD scumbag suckup followers have to say about my post...cause I simply dont care.

That means I got the last word...and by ur own rules that means I win...LMAO

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

so seldom I arrive in these forums that I almost forget the stupidity I ALWAYS find here.

I read the TWW News Christmas edition written by some KBG or GSM or something? and found it vaguely interesting until the last part which was out of place and obvious stupider that the usual I find here...lets review it with a clear mind...

WAIT !! I almost forgot where I am so cancel the clear mind part and lets just review....

The Ego Initials writer KGB or whatever says,

Surely the Org Owner, JJ Tycooner, would be disgusted with this request, nay, this demand? Well, the plot thickens even further now as it turns out that as part of the deal to sign Tommy Grunge to his org Slaughterhouse, JJ Tycooner told him he could in fact choose all of his own fights!

OK now Im confused...seems he is saying the deal was some fighter can choose his own fights...and? thats some sort of issue? Strange to a clear minded person...since it takes the OTHER manager to agree...so who gives a rats ass who "chooses" the fights? I find this fairly common and have several times just this month seen Champs decline fights for various reasons from the other fighter just joined the org (which dont mean crap when in an age restricted org) to needs more training WHO DONT? Bit nobody says anything about that and its basically the same thing. From what I can see there really is no issue here... Most will agree that a Champ dont decline fights...And if he does...without a damned good reason he should be stripped of the belt...so letting him CHOOSE dont seem all that big a deal since the other manager has every right to decline. Also the argument becomes twisted when u consider KGB then starts saying other top fighter will go to that org to fight Tommy Grunge...ok so thats a bit twisted it seems...and then he ends with what is likely the REAL reason behind this silly add-on to an Christmas Edition post...turns out its the COMPETITION tactics he really worried about...that Slaughterhouse will get a load of top fighters signed...oh now THAT sounds like truth to me and rings true and clear...no twists involved there !

And this KGB guy now things he is the GOD who decides what shows an org in a bad light...and then goes so far as to declare it "brings into question the legitimacy of his record" and then adds his GOD-view of the future and states "which we can safely say will never be looked upon as one of the greats.".

WOW what EGO !

And it continues! His GOD-ship then declares that Grunge "claimed he would become picky of who he fights should he lose, something that no fighter, or manager, would ever do if they want to even come close to being an all time great." OMG this happens ALL THE TIME in real life as well as this game and he thinks HE is the decider on if such is appropriate or if it can be considered for someone to become even close to an all-time great...seems to me the simple roy jones vs Paciao drama had plenty of declines and BOTH are closer than "close" to all time greats. Seems to me damn near EVERY "all-time great" did some pickin and choosin along the way. Even Mohammad Ali did some pickin and choosin along the way...so the articule was ok up to the point that the initials God let his ego trip fantastic and allowed his hurt feelings because Slaughterhouse stole his thunder and signed someone this "Syn" org wanted...oh OW my PU33y hurts! Kinda seems like he crying over org owner tactics that WORKED and trying to use his soapbox as a place to pick apart the methods thru twisted logic. MUST be a Democrat !

But I may have missed part of his TRUE purpose of crying because it almost seems like he upset at Grunge as well... How DARE YOU sign with another org Grunge!! You so BAD! and the initials God has declared u to "never be looked upon as one of the greats"....but I happen to think u ALL MAN for standing up to a GOD on a soapbox and doing what YOU want to do and not give a damn what the initials God thinks or says....kinda feel like we twins in that way...Hope to run into u someday...never heard of u until now...

Speaking of someone I never heard of...this "syn" is an org yes? From what the initials God said early in his rant...Im thinking its an org. Never heard of it but apparently the initials GOD seems to think its pretty awesome??? Maybe someday I will run into it as well...Hey Grunge maybe u an me go tag-team "syn" eh? Sure dont want to run into the initials GOD tho...he might make a post in the forums about US !

OMG! I think I got yellow water running down my leg....

as usual...I wont be returning to see what the initials GOD scumbag suckup followers have to say about my post...cause I simply dont care.

That means I got the last word...and by ur own rules that means I win...LMAO

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

If you look at who Grunge fought in his EVO career, it looks like he was picking his opponents the entire time. It appears like he is going the "Marciano/Karter" route and refusing to fight grapplers. It's a shame that org owners allow guys to get away with it. I have total faith that Shortfuse will straighten out EVO.

Whats funny is that we learned from this and the previous TWW that Nelson handpicking Grunge's EVO opponents is bad, but dino handpicking Crofts EVO opponents is awesome.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1