TWW News - Christmas Edition

GBK16

If you look at who Grunge fought in his EVO career, it looks like he was picking his opponents the entire time. It appears like he is going the "Marciano/Karter" route and refusing to fight grapplers. It's a shame that org owners allow guys to get away with it. I have total faith that Shortfuse will straighten out EVO.

Whats funny is that we learned from this and the previous TWW that Nelson handpicking Grunge's EVO opponents is bad, but dino handpicking Crofts EVO opponents is awesome.

I had one situation with it. Serge Ibaka was HG's Bantamweight Champion. Rumour had it he left his original Island org because he thought BJ Arnold would beat him. BJ ended up as the title owner over there, Ibaka took the HG title. In the tournament, they inevitably met and Arnold won. Arnold joined HG after it was done.

Fight to make? Pretty obvious. BJ Arnold Vs Serge Ibaka for the Highland Games 135 title. Only...Ibaka said he didn't want to fight Arnold again so soon. Put me in a shit position. Strip a champ for the first ever time, or work something out. Luckily the guy I was dealing with was Scooby Ali who's always been one of the easiest guys to work with in the org. Scooby was fine with me leaving BJ on the shelf for two months while Ibaka took 2 more fights, which he requested, and then it was solid that BJ took the title he deserved (he recent became a 2 time champion).

Now, I'd handle it differently. Asking Scooby to wait till Ibaka fought twice more was an insult and really looking back, I should have basically gave Ibaka an ultimatum and put more power to the guy actually willing to fight. Scooby could have pulled his fighter then and there and I'd have lost a solid fighter for us. Ibaka went inactive just a few fights later while BJ has went on to have two title reigns and 9 fights for the org so I was lucky.

• Upvote 1

If you look at who Grunge fought in his EVO career, it looks like he was picking his opponents the entire time. It appears like he is going the "Marciano/Karter" route and refusing to fight grapplers. It's a shame that org owners allow guys to get away with it. I have total faith that Shortfuse will straighten out EVO.

Whats funny is that we learned from this and the previous TWW that Nelson handpicking Grunge's EVO opponents is bad, but dino handpicking Crofts EVO opponents is awesome.

Hey Old McDonald, tell me again how fighting the #1 LHW instead of the #7 LHW is ducking in your book? I was correct though, your boy frittered away into none existence.

We await the retort about the previous opponents to which I will then say, show me your evidence, you have none. We then say that once again it's JLP conspiracy theory, you say some stupid shit and we go around in a circle, but its Christmas and I have better things to do with my time than argue with a hype farmer.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Hey Old McDonald, tell me again how fighting the #1 LHW instead of the #7 LHW is ducking in your book? I was correct though, your boy frittered away into none existence.

Pathetic attempt at deflection. Where did I even mention ducking? You must be feeling self conscious again.

Tell me again how letting Grunge pick his opponents at EVO was ok until he decided to sign elsewhere. Now that he signed elsewhere his manager is a piece of shit , even though he is just making a move out of the Marciano/Croft handbook. So we must infer that picking your opponents is cool at EVO but if you do it in another org its a big problem Nice double standard dino.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I don't understand what the big deal about saying if Grunge lost to the EVO champ I would be more picky with who I fought after that. I'm fairly certain the majority of managers here have declined a fight. Ive had plenty of fighters in EVO and have always worked well with The Org, if they had a problem with a stipulation brought forth during contract negotiations they could, and have, put forth a counter offer.

I've been looking for a big fight for Grunge for awhile now. I've contacted the managers or Org of the three top MWs to try to get a big fight on a big card, but all I was told was it would have to wait till after the Olympics.

JJ brought me into slaughterhouse and I had never even talked to Ryne before he went on a power trip trying to tell me I had to accept a fight. The original deal I had with JJ was exactly as he stated. The only time I threatened to pull all fighters from Slaughterhouse was to Ryne when he was being unreasonable. Ryne even apologized to me after he talked to JJ.

I play this game to have fun and enjoy myself. Others seem to play this game to go on the forums and be dumb asses.

This all started because after I left with Grunge Ryne was pissed and told JJ to release all my other fighters. JJ refused so Ryne got his feelings hurt and left the org. This information is straight from JJ. Then some other dumbass wrote a "news report" about some rumor. I don't feel as if I should have to write up some huge response to defend myself against such a biased and unconfirmed accusation.

I can tell you what problem I have with it from an org owner's perspective. If you're going to just sign 1 fight contracts and hop around from org to org looking for appealing fights for Grunge then I don't think who you choose to fight or do not choose to fight should be much of a problem assuming you're not pulling a Jacky and calling your fighter the GOAT while ducking guys who are calling you out. But if you're going to sign a long-term contract to an org with the expectation that a few wins should earn you a title shot? Then you should be willing to fight whoever is put in front of you as far as the top contenders are concerned.

For example, before Jesse Custer just lost his fight to Phaol Hunt it seemed like he was the next guy in line for Croft when he got back from the Olympics. So if you signed w/ EVO and said I want a fight and then a title shot. That's the guy IMO you would've had to go through in order to earn that title shot. I don't think it'd really be right for you to decline that fight and say you'd rather fight Vagner Love and if you win you want a title shot because Vagner Love wasn't the next guy in line.

• Upvote 3

I stopped skimming after this...

so seldom I arrive in these forums that I almost forget the stupidity I ALWAYS find here.

I read the TWW News Christmas edition written by some KBG or GSM or something? and found it vaguely interesting until the last part which was out of place and obvious stupider that the usual I find here...lets review it with a clear mind...

Merry Christmas tycoon.

• Upvote 4

I stopped skimming after this...

Merry Christmas tycoon.

The whole post is just a great Xmas gift for everyone on the forums. Classic Rabid being an ignorant little cbomb for the whole world to see.