Condit vs Lawler

bjornmma1

I felt Robbie won the 2nd too and the 5th when he came storming after Carlos. 1st and 4th to Carlos. Just rewatched the 3rd how it went and even when I take away all the light shots Carlos threw I still gave the round to him.

I'd have to rewatch the 3rd, but I rarely do a "10 point system" when I score it from my couch lol. Honestly would have to go back and rewatch the 3rd but I told the few people I was with, whoever wins the 5th round will win this fight.

Honestly I had it 2 rounds each with 1 round in question. Wasn't surprised with the decision.

I called a split decision victory for Lawler after it went to the judges. I wasn't too surprised with the result. I wouldn't of complained if Condit was given the decision, I was just happy I got to see such a good fight.

Robbie definitely won round 2. So I wouldn't call it a miracle by any means. GSP got a miracle. Robbie earned every bit of it. I don't know how anybody who didn't have money on the fight could be disappointed with the result. The guy earned it imho, he earned it.

GSP outstruck his opponent and won 3 rounds. GTFO

I'd have to rewatch the 3rd, but I rarely do a "10 point system" when I score it from my couch lol. Honestly would have to go back and rewatch the 3rd but I told the few people I was with, whoever wins the 5th round will win this fight.

I called a split decision victory for Lawler after it went to the judges. I wasn't too surprised with the result. I wouldn't of complained if Condit was given the decision, I was just happy I got to see such a good fight.

you don't do a 10 point system when scoring??????? That is how fights are judged for god sakes

you don't do a 10 point system when scoring??????? That is how fights are judged for god sakes

There are so many flaws with that system, why would I try to be a computer from my couch? I watch the fight, like any body else, I'm sure every individual has their own way of scoring to some degree.

GSP literally retired to avoid the rematch with Hendricks. Imo he lost and he knew it. You really should watch fights and stop relying on fight metrics to determine what happened in the cage lol.

for the record, I loved the result of GSP vs Hendricks. Not a Hendricks fan at all and my case against him not receiving the decision was that he didn't do enough in the 5th when he had the opportunity to put a stamp on that fight and that's why he lost.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There are so many flaws with that system, why would I try to be a computer from my couch? I watch the fight, like any body else, I'm sure every individual has their own way of scoring to some degree.

GSP literally retired to avoid the rematch with Hendricks. Imo he lost and he knew it. You really should watch fights and stop relying on fight metrics to determine what happened in the cage lol.

for the record, I loved the result of GSP vs Hendricks. Not a Hendricks fan at all and my case against him not receiving the decision was that he didn't do enough in the 5th when he had the opportunity to put a stamp on that fight and that's why he lost.

You don't have to be a dang computer. You judge 5 individual rounds based on a few things. Here's the info STRAIGHT from the UFC

1. Judges shall evaluate mixed martial arts techniques, such as effective striking, effective grappling, control of the ring/fighting area, effective aggressiveness and defense.
  2. Evaluations shall be made in the order in which the techniques appear in © above, giving the most weight in scoring to effective striking, effective grappling, control of the fighting area and effective aggressiveness and defense
  3. Effective striking is judged by determining the total number of legal strikes landed by a contestant.
  4. Fighting area control is judged by determining who is dictating the pace, location and position of the bout. Examples of factors to consider are countering a grappler's attempt at takedown by remaining standing and legally striking, taking down an opponent to force a ground fight, creating threatening submission attempts, passing the guard to achieve mount, and creating striking opportunities.
  5. Effective aggressiveness means moving forward and landing a legal strike.
  6. Effective defense means avoiding being struck, taken down or reversed while countering with offensive attacks.

You don't have to be a dang computer. You judge 5 individual rounds based on a few things. Here's the info STRAIGHT from the UFC

1. Judges shall evaluate mixed martial arts techniques, such as effective striking, effective grappling, control of the ring/fighting area, effective aggressiveness and defense.
  2. Evaluations shall be made in the order in which the techniques appear in © above, giving the most weight in scoring to effective striking, effective grappling, control of the fighting area and effective aggressiveness and defense
  3. Effective striking is judged by determining the total number of legal strikes landed by a contestant.
  4. Fighting area control is judged by determining who is dictating the pace, location and position of the bout. Examples of factors to consider are countering a grappler's attempt at takedown by remaining standing and legally striking, taking down an opponent to force a ground fight, creating threatening submission attempts, passing the guard to achieve mount, and creating striking opportunities.
  5. Effective aggressiveness means moving forward and landing a legal strike.
  6. Effective defense means avoiding being struck, taken down or reversed while countering with offensive attacks.

I'm sorry, I don't UFC bro.

Challengers, fans, coaches alike, should know in a close fight that you have to beat the champ in the 5th round to win the belt. You can't let the champion kick your ass in the final round and expect to get a close decision like that. I'm actually shocked at the uproar in the MMA community from the result. I think a lot of Condit fans (or people who bet money on him) are butt-hurt from the Robbie Lawlercoaster.

Bullcrap GSP beat hendricks easily I had four round to 1.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bullcrap GSP beat hendricks easily I had four round to 1.

We take away all the incentives, money, cameras, accolades, corner.

Who would you of rather been at the end of the fight? GSP did not feel like the winner, I guarantee that. But I agreed and supported a 3-2 Decision for GSP. I just felt like he lost the fight.\

I feel the same about Condit. If it weren't for his corner telling him he was winning rounds, do you think he felt like he won it? I think he knows and he can feel he got beat up by Lawler.

Not at all. I think he's just pointing out that the fight was so close that it was hard to choose a decisive winner. Could of went either way. You gotta beat the champ to take the title.

who gives a fuck about the judges or how they voted (post fight statistics mean nothing, damage isn't accounted for), watch the fight without commentary, and do you still think Condit won? Imho Lawler earned the win in the last 2 mins of that final round.

If someone made the fight looks close it was surely rogan. Lawler threw one punch in two round and rogan kept saying "bigest punch of the fight for 15mn". Anyway i'm happy with the decision don't like so much condit.

I'm sorry, I don't UFC bro.

Challengers, fans, coaches alike, should know in a close fight that you have to beat the champ in the 5th round to win the belt. You can't let the champion kick your ass in the final round and expect to get a close decision like that. I'm actually shocked at the uproar in the MMA community from the result. I think a lot of Condit fans (or people who bet money on him) are butt-hurt from the Robbie Lawlercoaster.

you are a complete effing moron. You don't UFC? Then don't watch the UFC

We take away all the incentives, money, cameras, accolades, corner.

Who would you of rather been at the end of the fight? GSP did not feel like the winner, I guarantee that. But I agreed and supported a 3-2 Decision for GSP. I just felt like he lost the fight.\

I feel the same about Condit. If it weren't for his corner telling him he was winning rounds, do you think he felt like he won it? I think he knows and he can feel he got beat up by Lawler.

Lawler knew he lost those rounds. He went balls to the wall in the 5th because he SHOULD and THOUGHT he needed a KO to win the fight, same as the Hendricks fight.

Robbie definitely won round 2. So I wouldn't call it a miracle by any means. GSP got a miracle. Robbie earned every bit of it. I don't know how anybody who didn't have money on the fight could be disappointed with the result. The guy earned it imho, he earned it.

GSP won that fight in a 10 point must fight scoring. If it was whole fight it would have been different I believe but GSP won that fight, no miracle.

Haven't seen Lawlor/Condit yet, but damn people are going crazy over this fight/decision.. I am pumped to watch it.

Meh stats aren't an accurate telling of the fight... Condit threw more, Lawlor threw less and had higher accuracy .. 2 rounds clearly Comdit's, 3 rounds were razor close and in a 10 point must system Robbie wins that fight......

It was a close fight , but Condit should have won it. The judges just always give it to the champ if it's a bit close and that's just stupid.

Lawler used more damage to use tycoon terms, but condit was far more active than the difference in damage.

I had that fight Condit 3 rounds to 2 and I am certainly not the only one.

It was a close fight , but Condit should have won it. The judges just always give it to the champ if it's a bit close and that's just stupid.

Lawler used more damage to use tycoon terms, but condit was far more active than the difference in damage.

I had that fight Condit 3 rounds to 2 and I am certainly not the only one.

I don't believe they sway in factor of the Champion in most cases.. Some cases..

And a lot of people certainly aren't the only ones thinking Lawler edged 3 rounds, and won.....

I also gave it clearly to Condit. Was very disappointed with the judges, as usual.

It was a fucking awesome fight though.

One of the best fights I've seen in a long time for sure.

( I enjoyed Poirier vs Duffy a lot as well. The Poirier of this weight division is one hell of a lot better, but still needs to be carefull with his chin)

Condit should have won. I was impressed with both guys after the fight was finished, they both spoke well.

Also Hendricks should have won.

That's what I like so much about both Robbie and Condit; the go to war and respect eachother like crazy. For me, respect is a big thing in sport, that's why I don't like Conor too much. I know that he respects his opponents for what they have done , but he prefers to talk smack and act is if he doesn't give a shit about them.

Guys like Lawler and Condit are class acts and great promotion for MMA, a sport known to most of the world that aren't MMA fans as a fighting for dummies in a cage. These guys who what it's really like and what respect means in this sport.

568b1371c36188c05e8b4573.jpg

They are both exhausted, busted up and still take the time to show respect and thank the fans. Hats off to guys like that!

• Upvote 1