CM Punk rated 85 out of 100 in new UFC video game...

mersh

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/1/11/10752028/mma-news-cm-punk-given-85-100-rating-ea-sports-ufc-2

Anyone else find this mildly enraging? He hasn't had one fight yet but he's already ranked higher in the video game than a bunch of veteran fighters.

Man....the almighty dollar is all that matters at the end of the day.

EDIT: I just did some digging around....and supposedly Connor McGregor is a fucking 89. FOUR POINTS above Punk. I call BS.

I'm 100% Kampmann is leagues above CM Punk, he comes to the gym I train at to teach as part of his program and the guy knows really knows his shit.

It's a game though. Fred Durst wasn't the best wrestler in that WWF game he was in. Shaq, Punkass and Mask were probably higher rated than Antoni Hardonk in UFC 2010.

Comparing Bruce Lee to CM Punk is like comparing Apples to dogshit.

Comparing Bruce Lee to Anderson Silva is like comparing Uriah Hall to CM Punk. Explain to me how Bruce Lee, a guy who had a few "street fights" in his time, is going to beat experienced strikers in MMA who have faced boxers/kickboxers/muaythai fighters. Explain to me how Bruce Lee is going to keep it standing against an accomplished amateur wrestler or handle a top level BJJ black belt on the ground. You might throw out "but he sparred with them"...so what? Sparring and fighting are veeeeeeeery different things.

Bruce Lee being I think 94 in EA UFC is every bit as bullshit as CM Punk being 85 in EA UFC 2 (Plus Bruce will be like 94 again). If Bruce Lee, with the absolute peak of his skillset, fought pretty much anyone in the UFC he gets stopped in the first round, and yet he's better than nearly everyone on the roster? Why? Cause he could do a decent demonstration? Sorry Bruce, Tony Jaa rips your throat out cause his demonstrations are much more impressive. His films are also better, so I guess that makes him a better fighter too.

If CM Punk had another 5 years and wasn't so old when he started training, he'd be a better fighter than Bruce Lee. He'd have 5 years straight of training with Anthony Pettis, Ben Askren, Sergio Pettis, Dustin Ortiz, Erik Koch. Romanticize martial arts if you want but that list of 5 guys right there make Bruce Lee look like a rookie, and training 5 years with them beats an entire lifetime of training Jeet Kune Do as far as MMA is concerned.

Comparing Bruce Lee to Anderson Silva is like comparing Uriah Hall to CM Punk. Explain to me how Bruce Lee, a guy who had a few "street fights" in his time, is going to beat experienced strikers in MMA who have faced boxers/kickboxers/muaythai fighters. Explain to me how Bruce Lee is going to keep it standing against an accomplished amateur wrestler or handle a top level BJJ black belt on the ground. You might throw out "but he sparred with them"...so what? Sparring and fighting are veeeeeeeery different things.

Bruce Lee being I think 94 in EA UFC is every bit as bullshit as CM Punk being 85 in EA UFC 2 (Plus Bruce will be like 94 again). If Bruce Lee, with the absolute peak of his skillset, fought pretty much anyone in the UFC he gets stopped in the first round, and yet he's better than nearly everyone on the roster? Why? Cause he could do a decent demonstration? Sorry Bruce, Tony Jaa rips your throat out cause his demonstrations are much more impressive. His films are also better, so I guess that makes him a better fighter too.

If CM Punk had another 5 years and wasn't so old when he started training, he'd be a better fighter than Bruce Lee. He'd have 5 years straight of training with Anthony Pettis, Ben Askren, Sergio Pettis, Dustin Ortiz, Erik Koch. Romanticize martial arts if you want but that list of 5 guys right there make Bruce Lee look like a rookie, and training 5 years with them beats an entire lifetime of training Jeet Kune Do as far as MMA is concerned.

Whoa whoa whoa buddy take that opinion and back wayyy son. Keep backing up. Step behind the line sir cause you crossed it.

Whoa whoa whoa buddy take that opinion and back wayyy son. Keep backing up. Step behind the line sir cause you crossed it.

I'll even say something worse...

Fist of Fury 2 & 3 - 1.

Bruce Li out Bruce Lee'd Bruce Lee.

But yeah I'd definitely pick Ong Bak over Enter The Dragon. When I watch martial arts movies (which I'm MASSIVELY into) I prefer more action, less talking. Take Fist of Fury for example, he basically has one main showdown throughout the whole thing, plus he's got fuck all films in the first place. No way he outranks Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Michael Yeoh or Donnie Yen.

Yup, probably. Bruce Lee was a legit martial artist, and one of the greatest ever..

So because Bruce Lee never fought in UFC, means he should be the same as CM Punk because he didn't fight in the UFC? LOL

Well there is literally zero scale to rank martial artists. People rank him high because of demonstrations, speaking and movies. That's it.

I don't think of martial arts in the spiritual way. For me, martial arts is about self defence. That pretty much means it's about fighting. Teaching will always say "run if you can", but the bulk of martial arts is "Can you defend someone attacking you?" which is essentially a fight. So when you say it like this, I can probably name well over a thousand better martial artists than Bruce Lee.

Bruce Lee has fk all fight experience. People can throw out his little tournaments, sparring sessions and street fights all they want, but almost everyone in the UFC roster has more fighting experience than Bruce Lee. Almost everyone on the Bellator roster has more fighting experience than Bruce Lee. Almost everyone on the BAMMA roster has more fighting experience than Bruce Lee. So how exactly is Bruce Lee ranked above them in terms of FIGHTING?

Bruce Lee is ranked as one of the best in the game to the best of my knowledge. Why? The one inch punch? Tony Jaa does a pretty spectacular rainbow kick with tonnes of power....is he better than Jon Jones?

You twisted what I said. I didn't once say CM Punk should be ranked the same as Bruce Lee. The years of training Bruce did destroys the year and a half of proper MMA training Punk has done (although I'd argue a lifetime of what Bruce Lee did doesn't match 5 years of training in Roufusport). What I'm saying is, you complain that CM Punk is ranked among the other UFC fighters.....yet are fine with Bruce Lee being MUCH better than them? If this was real life, Bruce Lee would be at best be ranked about 50 and CM Punk would at best be ranked about 30. But this is a game. You can't complain that Punk is ranked badly but be happy with Bruce Lee having mixed martial arts abilities that rival Anderson Silva. In mixed martial arts, Bruce Lee wouldn't clean Anderson's boots.

UFC 1 tells you all you need to know. When you don't have a high enough level in all aspects of the game, it doesn't matter if you can punch at one inches or kick really fast. Royce Gracie takes you down and submits you. James Toney can knock out more people on the planet than Bruce Lee could. What happened when he tried his luck? Bruce Lee didn't have a high enough knowledge of any of this stuff to be ranked anything close to 94.

(Add in, I'm not saying Bruce Lee "couldn't". I'm saying it's a different time. Bruce Lee had the physical ability, natural talents and determination that for all we know, if he was a youngster right now he could end up as the UFC champion. I'm just saying that the Bruce Lee that walked on this earth at the height of the abilities he possessed likely struggles to survive 5 minutes with anyone not named CM Punk on the UFC roster).

Can we all just agree that there is no ground to compare Bruce Lee to CM Punk? CM Punk is a signed UFC "fighter" so his stats should look accurate while Bruce Lee was added a bonus, the guy isn't and never can compete in the UFC, his stats are not meant to be an accurate depiction of his skills, he's in the game because he was an iconic martial artist and giving him low stats would defeat the point of adding him in the first place.

Can we all just agree that there is no ground to compare Bruce Lee to CM Punk? CM Punk is a signed UFC "fighter" so his stats should look accurate while Bruce Lee was added a bonus, the guy isn't and never can compete in the UFC, his stats are not meant to be an accurate depiction of his skills, he's in the game because he was an iconic martial artist and giving him low stats would defeat the point of adding him in the first place.

As CM Punk has never had a fight in his life, his stats aren't meant to be an accurate depiction of his skills either. He's in the game because he's a popular guy who people are going to want to play with. Why make him the worst on the roster who gets KOed every 20 seconds if people want to play with him?

As CM Punk has never had a fight in his life, his stats aren't meant to be an accurate depiction of his skills either. He's in the game because he's a popular guy who people are going to want to play with. Why make him the worst on the roster who gets KOed every 20 seconds if people want to play with him?

Fair enough, I guess its because wwe isn't really that popular where im from, or it doesnt seem it is anyway so I dont really think about CM Punk as being on the same level as Bruce Lee, its just about the selling points for the game and if he's that popular they yea it makes sense from a design standpoint.