Fight game plan

jacky67

Conor gassed and he got sucked into a brawl with a Diaz brother, which is what the Diaz Bros want. I don't believe Conor quit, he just didn't want to go to sleep on national television in front of millions of people..

Myself, I wish he did go to sleep instead of tapping... I'd never tap to a choke, but a lot of fighters have said they'd rather tap hen go to sleep on TV(Bisping, Jacare I've heard both say recently)

I'd never tap to a choke, but a lot of fighters have said they'd rather tap hen go to sleep on TV(Bisping, Jacare I've heard both say recently)

Tapping out is often just the smartest move. If you know that you can't get out of the choke anymore, waiting to pass out is just waiting to get damage done to yourself, possibly even brain damage due to lack of oxygen. I can understand the 'never quit attitude' but it's really not strange to tap out to chokes.

• Upvote 1

Lot of people underestimated Nate for this fight, I had Conor down as winning but not by the margins the bookies were implying - Diaz's boxing (and this applies to both brothers) doesn't gets the respect it deserves and the reach/height advantage also played a part: Conor went headhunting against a guy with the chin to withstand his shots and it backfired spectacularly.

Conor seems to have fallen in love with his left hand since the Poirer fight it seems. He just throws it, he used to set it up with his right a lo. Most of the time it works cos his power is really good but he hasnt fought anyone who can take it .. until Diaz. He seemed to be only headhunting, not mixing it up with snap kicks to the body or anything

Tapping out is often just the smartest move. If you know that you can't get out of the choke anymore, waiting to pass out is just waiting to get damage done to yourself, possibly even brain damage due to lack of oxygen. I can understand the 'never quit attitude' but it's really not strange to tap out to chokes.

I totally agree Bjorn, I do.. I just have too much Pride and have gotten out of a lot of deep chokes in BJJ just because I held on and that split decision not to tap out could be the difference between going to sleep, or possibly getting out of the sub..I just couldn't tap out and learned the hard way in BJJ, first couple times I went to sleep and my coach got pissed at me so I never passed out during training when I did after that.... Arm bars and joint locks are different, I've Broken bones before and have had multiple surgeries and I hate it, it's much worse than tapping.. Fuck surgery and hospitals.... Getting put to sleep is surprisingly peaceful and I have too much Pride, hahaha I'm really stubborn when it comes to that shit,

I totally agree Bjorn, I do.. I just have too much Pride and have gotten out of a lot of deep chokes in BJJ just because I held on and that split decision not to tap out could be the difference between going to sleep, or possibly getting out of the sub..I just couldn't tap out and learned the hard way in BJJ, first couple times I went to sleep and my coach got pissed at me so I never passed out during training when I did after that.... Arm bars and joint locks are different, I've Broken bones before and have had multiple surgeries and I hate it, it's much worse than tapping.. Fuck surgery and hospitals.... Getting put to sleep is surprisingly peaceful and I have too much Pride, hahaha I'm really stubborn when it comes to that shit,

getting choked to sleep kills brain cills and impacts coherent typing and sentence structure lol

• Upvote 3

I agree with you, but i think that if you have Pride, is better lose by tapping than being choked to death like Holly Holm.

Getting unconscious i think it is more humiliating and people around the globe gonna spam the shit out of the internet with the usual retarded memes.

I agree with you, but i think that if you have Pride, is better lose by tapping than being choked to death like Holly Holm.

Getting unconscious i think it is more humiliating and people around the globe gonna spam the shit out of the internet with the usual retarded memes.

Well I dont want to be rude but talk is one thing. Once you are in these situations a lot of changes. There is video that proves it.