EA UFC 2

MMATycoon

They can do so much better. Miss the days EA focused on career modes and dynasty. now it's this online MUT team what can make us extra money shit.

Oh comeon, these games are mostly played for the online fun, i mean there is more fun and competition in the online part of the game, ofcourse if you want to cream everyone in career mode in the first round, well to each its own i guess, lol.

Fuck this game man, all jokes aside. I have lost about 10 in a row probably more on that my ultimate team mode. So nearly threw my control out my 11th floor window. Shit wanking fuck.

Okay i feel mildly better.

Oh comeon, these games are mostly played for the online fun, i mean there is more fun and competition in the online part of the game, ofcourse if you want to cream everyone in career mode in the first round, well to each its own i guess, lol.

Playing on normal difficulty.

Haven't lost yet. Created a boxer. When I was losing, I got knocked down, they followed me to the ground, I reversed position, got into side control, and spams punches with zero energy until my opponent was out cold. That shit is lame.

I'm not saying the game isn't fun. The last one was fun. But the fighter movement in the cage is horrible. Counter Striking is hardly a viable option, and on the feet - standing - this is more like a "Tekken" than a MMA game. Imho I thought EA MMA was better as far as the stand up fighting and finishes go. UFC2 is still very robotic. Especially after you knock your opponent down and try to follow him to the ground. It just doesn't look like a real fight.

Don't get me wrong, for anybody who loves MMA games, and don't have any expectations past UFC 1, get it. you'll be entertained. but if you are like me and were really disappointed with UFC1 and were expecting a huge difference in UFC2, and on the fence about getting it, don't waste your time.

i have the game too. playing online mostly. am loving it so far. Really exciting fights i have been having. i never outclass an opponent and they never outclass me, so its always going back and forth.

but yeah, when someone is on you and gnp's you, its almost impossible to defend that.

i do fight without using such "exploits" and have been having most of the fights against fighters who didnt use it also.

think they should make boxing little more effective, cos it cant keep up with kicks atm. there is almost no reason why you should punch instead of kick. and i like to mix it up to have as realistic fights as possible

I been on it for 3 days and only had one experience with the gnp side controle tactic so not as often as you think. I find ultimate team ok but you would have to spend money to clime the division so stoped playing that.

Just been playing online in the ranked matches got up to div 3 now but I'm trying all different fighters out as McGregor vs McGregor gets boring. I'm enjoying the game I feel the more time on it you find ways to counter the way people fight you just have to adjust which I like

I'd give it a 8/10 would be a 9 if ultimate team was as good

I think fighting Rousey in Career mode is rigged by influence by Dana White. The easiest way for me to win fights is on easy with a take down and gnp. Every round I was bashing her face in with Meisha Tate. She wasn't defending herself yet the ref wouldn't stop the fight. Ended up winning by decision.

If you want to unlock Joe Rogan ....

Now, the mystery fighter has been revealed as none other than, Joe Rogan. To unlock the UFC commentator, games will have to enter the famous Konami code when the game boots up. If entered correctly, you'll hear, "Wow, I love it." Check out the video below to see how it's done.

How To Unlock Joe Rogan In "EA Sports UFC 2"

Xbox One: Press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Menu Button during game start up

PS4: Press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, O, X, Options Button during game start up

• Upvote 1

I like ultimate team, the only thing that spoils it for me is the people that do all these things

1. Create the tallest people for the weightclass and therefore have a higher chance of having the top reach

2. Spam kicks from distance, especially hook kicks and spinning kicks to the head and body so you cannot close the distance to punch or takedown without being hit.

3. As soon as they rock you, move into the thai clinch which is definitely OP (as you cannot block for long and can't break out quick enough before they rain knees to your face) and just knock you out

Also, have about 20 fights in ultimate team, not fought a single grappler yet. Striking is definitely the premier thing.

• Upvote 1

exactly right conor, everyone I fought was taller so i ended up creating the tallest possible and somehow some guy had a longer reach than me even when he was shorter lol. Still not played since my 10+ fight losing streak...

exactly right conor, everyone I fought was taller so i ended up creating the tallest possible and somehow some guy had a longer reach than me even when he was shorter lol. Still not played since my 10+ fight losing streak...

Yeah the reach thing is totally random, I made a FW on career mode 175cm tall and had a 185cm reach. BOOYAH

I added you by the way, no acceptance :'(

Also, why is it in CM's and not inches? So annoying

Okay I'm fucking done with playing online, the grappling is impossible with the slighest lag because the circle doesn't show any progress at all, or apparently the response is so fucking slow I'm mounted before I can even make a move to get up.

If you want to unlock Joe Rogan ....

The code works and to find him faster, he's a Welterweight.

ok ill admit iv not read any of the posts cos I cant be ass n yea my spelling is sh1t but one thing I want to know is after the last ea ufc disaster which was to be honest not even medicer attempt which turned in to a god awful ea sports mma pt2. Whos bought ea ufc2? and is it way better than ea ufc 1 cos if not I aint buying

ok ill admit iv not read any of the posts cos I cant be ass n yea my spelling is sh1t but one thing I want to know is after the last ea ufc disaster which was to be honest not even medicer attempt which turned in to a god awful ea sports mma pt2. Whos bought ea ufc2? and is it way better than ea ufc 1 cos if not I aint buying

read, or at least skim, through these post. EA MMA was pretty good. EA UFC sucked.

Also, have about 20 fights in ultimate team, not fought a single grappler yet. Striking is definitely the premier thing.

Interesting, from my experience it seems like Wrestlers have a serious advantage when it comes to these low stat fighters. I've not lost to a striker yet, but Wrestlers are really tricky to deal with. My record is 30-4 I think.

Also I agree with the Thai Clinch, it's way too exploitable - Just like the previous game.

To me, it's got it's pro and cons, some things are harder for me like blocking. I could spam the buttons in the first one and block high and low, now it's two buttons and they can't be pushed at the same time like that or you let your guard down. No video in between fights in career mode (accept on challenges). More unlockable fighters including Joe Rogan. The ability to import any fighter into career mode. Short notice fights and challenges. The only way to build attributes is to train and you have the ability to sim training (not skip it like in the first one and get nothing but actually get the same grade you previously got) you don't buy skills like the first one. Levels on moves and perks, I think the first one you just bought the move and the perk, this one goes up to five levels.

thnx ken for replying one other thing is the fighting more smother than the first cos I found the first one to be very jittery

I think it's about the same.

As I've played further, there is one thing I don't like. Everybody knows in real life, McGregor won the Featherweight title and them moved up a weight class to fight for the Lightweight title (if RDA hadn't gotten hurt) and if he would have won he would have had two titles at the same time. UFC2 career mode will offer you a chance to move weight classes but if you move you don't keep the belt if you're champion. I was playing with Joe Rogan, I won the Welterweight title and moved to Middleweight and won that title and thought I was going to have two titles but when I looked at the rankings, somebody else had the Welterweight title. It's like if you move, it's vacated.