EA UFC 2

MMATycoon

I played career mode for a day and I think I was 13-0. I noticed a pretty steep step up in competition in that mode once you break into the top 10. Mendes must've hit a slump in the game cuz he was ranked 21 when I fought him when I was 25th, that was a tough fight since his overall rating was 95 to my 74 or something. I fought a Holloway listed as an overall 100 and I think my next fight was Frankie, who was also 100 overall. I believe my guy was 79 when I put the controller down. The only way I beat any of the guys who had massive stat advantages over me was spinning or step in body kicks and then a head kick, which got pretty boring. At first I could throw traditional combos but after a few fights that stopped working.

Haven't played it again since then and haven't played online at all cuz I found the lag on the last one sent me into too many murderous rages.

CK's analysis was pretty spot on.

Sounds like u had progressive difficulty on

• Upvote 1

Sounds like u had progressive difficulty on

Hmmm could be...I actually didn't look at the settings at all. But what you're suggesting makes sense.

I've had to ask my missus to hide it and sell it for me. I found it incredibly addictive but incredibly un-rewarding and frustrating. The final straw was me rage smashing my controller into my kid's baby bouncer and breaking it (after losing a ridiculous online fight where the guy just ploughed forwards with body punches), so as I've never done that before, I figured it was time to say bye bye to UFC2. Managed to fix the controller, thankfully :)

I've had to ask my missus to hide it and sell it for me. I found it incredibly addictive but incredibly un-rewarding and frustrating. The final straw was me rage smashing my controller into my kid's baby bouncer and breaking it (after losing a ridiculous online fight where the guy just ploughed forwards with body punches), so as I've never done that before, I figured it was time to say bye bye to UFC2. Managed to fix the controller, thankfully :)

And UniConor wins the series something like 9-0 :P

I've been pretty turned off from the game too, didn't like ultimate team because people are just assholes in general.

I hope that temper is a one and done kinda thing Mike, seems like it. Glad its out of the way before Zachary is old enough to imitate it.

*turns childcare mode off*

I tried warning all of you, this game is shit.

I'm 1-0 online. McGregor vs McGregor. My opponent just throws spinny shit. So I repeated the same spinny shit. Won by KO via spinny kick. Now I think I'll go sell the game back to gamestop and stick to The Division when my brother is on.

• Upvote 1

And UniConor wins the series something like 9-0 :P

I've been pretty turned off from the game too, didn't like ultimate team because people are just assholes in general.

I hope that temper is a one and done kinda thing Mike, seems like it. Glad its out of the way before Zachary is old enough to imitate it.

*turns childcare mode off*

Don't worry yourself Dr Phil, he was in bed.

• Upvote 1

I'm having fun in offline modes, mainly event mode. Tried online, but people are either too good and parry everything or deny all transitions or just spam stuff. The 1-2 to the body is a killer as is the 5 repeated uppercuts that caused hit reactions each time.

Still a fun game but lots to improve on.

Haven't played lately, busy with homework and org stuff. All I've done is career mode and event mode. I usually don't play games online because I either get my ass beat, have to listen to 12 years olds telling me I suck or when it looks I might finally win, the opponent leaves. I still what to try knock out mode. There something I can't do in either UFC game, submissions. I suffer from not able to do two things at once. So, I if I try submitting somebody, I can't keep them from escaping and kep the hold in at the same time.

Haven't played lately, busy with homework and org stuff. All I've done is career mode and event mode. I usually don't play games online because I either get my ass beat, have to listen to 12 years olds telling me I suck or when it looks I might finally win, the opponent leaves. I still what to try knock out mode. There something I can't do in either UFC game, submissions. I suffer from not able to do two things at once. So, I if I try submitting somebody, I can't keep them from escaping and kep the hold in at the same time.

IQ capacity :hehe:

• Upvote 1

Anybody else think the judging is dodgy on EA UFC 2?

Had a TUF finale, landed about 3 takedowns a round, out struck the opponent, nearly had a submission twice, rocked him in 2 rounds and I only won by a split decision.

If anything I should have won maybe 30-25

• 3 weeks later...

I tried warning all of you, this game is shit.

I'm 1-0 online. McGregor vs McGregor. My opponent just throws spinny shit. So I repeated the same spinny shit. Won by KO via spinny kick. Now I think I'll go sell the game back to gamestop and stick to The Division when my brother is on.

Mount is too easy to get, and you can spam elbows with no energy. The other thing I do is when they are close to the cage any clinch is straight to thai clinch. One knee against the cage, and they drop automatically. Too easy and boring.

i find it too arcade, the fighters moves like tarantulas, too quick and fast and frenetic, almost feel like StreetFighter but with worse animations even.. for me UFC undisputed 3 still remain the best MMA game to date.

Yeah, with the fighter interviews and shit.

EA UFC = more EA ultimate team trash

unfortunately the new generation of kids are fuckin idiots on adderal who want everything to revolve around online because companies shove it down their throats since it generates a lot more revenue than franchise/career modes and gameplay.