Unwritten rules

BudLight

I just wanna point out the paradox that if the unwritten rules were written down, then they would no longer be unwritten rules....

Tbh, a lot of it is trial and error mostly since how fights go change each time there is an engine change and Mike is making some changes atm in regards to the ground game.

• Upvote 2

I just wanna point out the paradox that if the unwritten rules were written down, then they would no longer be unwritten rules....

Well, can someone then record them and upload it, so the rest of us can hear them. :D

I get that, but there must be someting that is unviersal, no matter what.

I can add one, lol

wonderful Takedown defense with useless wrestling prime is crap for stopping Takedowns and same thing with wonderful striking defense with useless boxing and M/T aren't very good for stopping punches from a wonderful boxer

sure it's better then useless secs and primes but nowhere near as effective as many noobs think.

• Upvote 2

I think fighters have their own personalities or strengths. My best kicker as far as accuracy and power has the lowest kicks on my roster. My best wrestler with elite TD's can't land one to save his life while I have guys who are mainly strikers who can land them at will. I set their sliders similarly when going for TD's, so it isn't like the wrestler is going too high on them.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Leg kicks can slow down an opponent making it more difficult to take you down

Head punches are more succesful than body

Leg kicks are more succesful than body than head, but only a head kick will knock you out :-)

It is better to have some skill in something (like feeble) than to have useless.

Strike d is the most important skill in the game and i would argue that wrestling is the most important primary and granite chin the most desirable hidden.

Theres a million "rules". A good mentor should be able to help with that info.

I quit an e-fed (or got kicked out depending on who you ask) over unwritten rules because I was supposed to assume that if it wasn't in the rules it still wasn't OK to do.

The biggest mistake I see when I do QFC's are guys that have 40 or so in a bunch of attributes for their fighter. The don't max anything.

I don't think this is a mistake, so long as you know how to work the sliders. All of my guys have their points spread out. I find it easier to QFC that way because I can then take advantage of my opponents weaknesses more easily. If you go Wonderful Boxing + leftover wrestling, you're an easy target to get taken down and subbed. And if you're pure ground, you can get knocked out more easily with that useless standup. I don't generally recommend that completely new managers go this route though. But they DO need to not have a white belt! lol :)