Opponent prediction-Do many people use it

kdmh74

I use it on one dimensional and/or predictable fighters.

I don't use it when people switch their game up a bunch. I think it is an advantage against one trick ponies, but a disadvantage against someone who radically changes offensive sliders based on opponent. You can go third or fourth level and try to decide what they'll predict depending on your history, but that is a slippery slope and might get you KO'd or a decision loss.

I do like that having it available makes me look into fighter's previous fights and see what they are doing. Otherwise I could be lazy and just count on my fighter's strengths and go from there.

However, I could be totally wrong. :)

• Upvote 1

never used it, nor do I ever plan to. Far too many people switch up their gameplans when they fight at the top level it just makes it a crap shoot.

Agreed. I don't use it against high level managers that switch gameplans. I've only been around a little over a year but I've seen the slider differences. They are obvious.

However most newish people don't compete at the high levels unless they pick up FA's (my best learning experience so far).

There aren't that many high level managers in the game. Even if you monsters give advice, they won't see through the mist when they watch their fighters fight, unless you tell them exactly what to do.

(notice I called you a monster, because you're great at this game)

I use them every fight. As others have said I dont think they help much unless the fighter is really one skilled. I have had good luck defending takedowns even with bad takedown D. But i have also seen times it didnt help at all. I just set them now out of habit more than anything.

Wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Mostly because if a manager is predictable then based on the blurb in the wiki it'll end up being quite close to whatever I could do anyway, and if a manager is unpredictable it'll end up landing about half way between all their settings and adapt faster than if I set it and ended up totally bloody wrong.

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. Mostly because if a manager is predictable then based on the blurb in the wiki it'll end up being quite close to whatever I could do anyway, and if a manager is unpredictable it'll end up landing about half way between all their settings and adapt faster than if I set it and ended up totally bloody wrong.

Is that what got you 464th in the world?

Joking - you've got a lot more experience than me. You make a good point...

Is that what got you 464th in the world?

Joking - you've got a lot more experience than me. You make a good point...

Haha no what got my ranking going down faster than your mum in Richard Branson's limo is a mix of good fighters getting old, new fighters being meh, and me failing to manage them properly...

• Upvote 2