I came clean - Confession of a multi-accounter

PSUMike

Perhaps you should re-read. I merely hypothesised that you could be cheating, I never actually said you did.

However, you still haven’t addressed why you condone it. in previous posts you valiantly defend PSUMikes actions.

As for being branded a troll, you must be confusing me with someone else.

Now go calm down, have a cup of tea or something. You take the internet way too seriously. Getting all angry and stuff. Relax. Go sharpen the knives in your mental kitchen. As verbal assault doesn’t exsit my friend, you watch too many movies.

Riiight, tell that to the guy who was arrested today at my job for telling a coworker he was gonna bitch slap them during an arguement they were having. Also called her a cbomb and bitch, Deprecation of Character I believe is the fancy term. But since I know you are to dumb to understand those big words, it means, slandering of a person. Verbal

Assault is VERY much real and you saying, "If it were up to me I'd kill you" could be considered a threat on his person and is very arrestable. Perhaps once again you should do some research before you open that pie hole of yours.

I defended Mike cause i know him personally and he is a good guy. Ya he had multi accounts, but he didn't cheat. You are just pissed that his NON vip account was still better than your VIP account. Not saying what he did was right, but he didn't do it to try and get ahead of the game, just wanted to expand on his pleasure for the game. Simple.

i got no beef wit u mike. i got no beef wit miketycoon's decision. i mean really, you coulda just kept doing it...but you didn't. this shit is NOT so important to me that i'm gonna sit here and jump all over you about it. it's just not that big of a deal to me. people cheat in real life ALL THE TIME and we gotta deal with it. do i like it...no. are you still doing it...no. problem solved, case closed...it's over.

oh yeah, one more thing...futurewaves is my bitch. lolz

So wait, a B account with a top 10 p4p on it?

Fuck me and my non cheating ways.

I do the straight and narrow basic 4 and they are shite, never had a fighter with three wins for christ sake.

Screw it, I'll start making five more accounts tonight.

wow, some people seem to think it's ok to have another account as long as you don't "cheat" with it.

first off, this kind of crap screws everybody's gaming experience in tycoonland. i don't have to delve deep as to why multi-accounts are frowned upon. second, this is pissing all over Mike T.'s hard-work. it doesn't matter how you use your second account. no decent online game would ever allow multi-accounts. EVER.

If there was no unfair gain made by combining the resources of two or more accounts, the sort of multi-accounting that PSUMike was doing has nothing to do with other players. All it means is that there was a larger base of active fighters ran by a manager who knew what they were doing regarding making weight and all the other things that need to be in place to have a successful fight. Looking at it solely as a player, I would rather have my opponent as an active manager who was running several accounts cleanly, than some numpty who has no idea how to make weight or how to be in the right location for a fight.

This is solely about your second point, how it affects Mike and the hard work he has put into the site. His house, his rules. As such I will take Mike's post on page 2 as being the right way to look at this particular case.

I have to admit that quite some time ago I had a second account which I started several days before I knew that multi-accounting was against the rules, for similar reasons to PSUMike. As soon as I found out I fessed up to Mike and got him to close the account. Ironically, the one fighter (1-0) I had on that account was picked up off the free agent list and is now one of the top fighters in Toyko. Being that I ended up re-using the name after the account was closed, the decision to open that second account annoys me to this date.

For what it's worth, PSUMike could have just as easily PMed Mike the details of the second account and left it at that. Instead he fessed up to the player community and I think he should be commended for that. There will always be self-righteous tards who want to use issues such as this to big note themselves at the persons expense, well done we are all very proud of you. Personally, I think a friendly and enthusiastic player community is as important to any game as a cheat-free environment, so the people bringing negativity and abuse to the forums are just as bad as any multi-accounter, in my view.

The deterioration of these forums over the last few months have caused me to believe that Mike should bring in some concrete rules about the conduct of people in PMs and the forums so people resorting to abuse and threats can be treated just as harshly as anyone else damaging this game. But that's just me.

So wait, a B account with a top 10 p4p on it?

Fuck me and my non cheating ways.

I do the straight and narrow basic 4 and they are shite, never had a fighter with three wins for christ sake.

Screw it, I'll start making five more accounts tonight.

Multi-accounting won't fix that, only learning more about fighter builds, fighter training and fight tactics will. By my estimation hidden stats will count for about 10-20% of a fighters chance of success. Look at one of the top managers like Amy D or Avon Barksdale. ALL their fighters are good. It's not because they get lucky with their fighters every time.

Multi-accounting won't fix that, only learning more about fighter builds, fighter training and fight tactics will. By my estimation hidden stats will count for about 10-20% of a fighters chance of success. Look at one of the top managers like Amy D or Avon Barksdale. ALL their fighters are good. It's not because they get lucky with their fighters every time.

If you are operating multi accounts "cleanly" you can streamline the process of learning more about fighter builds because you have that many more attempts to do it, along with training, slider setting and everything else, a multi accounter can gain experience at a minimum rate of 1.5-1 over a single account user, you can defend it however you like but its not commendable and it is cheating.

If you are operating multi accounts "cleanly" you can streamline the process of learning more about fighter builds because you have that many more attempts to do it, along with training, slider setting and everything else, a multi accounter can gain experience at a minimum rate of 1.5-1 over a single account user, you can defend it however you like but its not commendable and it is cheating.

Johnny Sep's right about this part. I learned a lot more when I was making fighter builds when I had 3 accounts pre VIP. I had more chances to take risks with tactics because I only cared about my main account. So you do learn quite a bit more.

Johnny Sep's right about this part. I learned a lot more when I was making fighter builds when I had 3 accounts pre VIP. I had more chances to take risks with tactics because I only cared about my main account. So you do learn quite a bit more.

Which is completely unfair, to all those defending "clean" multi accounts, nothing clean about it

the sort of multi-accounting that PSUMike was doing has nothing to do with other players. All it means is that there was a larger base of active fighters ran by a manager who knew what they were doing regarding making weight and all the other things that need to be in place to have a successful fight. Looking at it solely as a player, I would rather have my opponent as an active manager who was running several accounts cleanly, than some numpty who has no idea how to make weight or how to be in the right location for a fight.

For what it's worth, PSUMike could have just as easily PMed Mike the details of the second account and left it at that. Instead he fessed up to the player community and I think he should be commended for that. There will always be self-righteous tards who want to use issues such as this to big note themselves at the persons expense, well done we are all very proud of you.

it has everything to do with other players. look up unfair advantage in game experience. and coming from a person who used to have multi-accounts i'm not surprised why you're defending this kind behavior.

so, i'm i the self-righteous tard here?

"Reminder - multiple accounts ARE NOT ALLOWED."

Yep, I've known about Mike's second account for awhile now, he admitted it to me while Austin was still a Choke fighter. Lately I've been wondering if/when he would get busted for it.

Anyway, I think this is fine, give the multi-accounters a way out where they don't lose everything, and then from now on we can all play a clean and fair game. And I agree that what MikefromPSU did didn';t exploit the game like a lot of other multi-acvcounters are.

I've just realised in the past month how effective constant one on one sparring is with high-rated partners. I think Mike ( Tycoon ) is right to want to reduce the effectiveness of sparring.

it has everything to do with other players. look up unfair advantage in game experience. and coming from a person who used to have multi-accounts i'm not surprised why you're defending this kind behavior.

so, i'm i the self-righteous tard here?

"Reminder - multiple accounts ARE NOT ALLOWED."

I'm not defending it at all, I'm just calling for a bit of perspective on these issues. Similar to what Mike is saying on page 2. PSUMike did the wrong thing, I'm not questioning that. But witch-hunts add nothing to the community.

But to clarify, your post was pretty reasonable to be honest. I was responding to your post because I think the real issue is how this affects Mike rather than how it affects other players. My comments about self-righteous tards are more in reference to comments that other posters in this thread have made such as "You cheated and you are a horrible human being. If it was up to me, I would kill you."

But to be completely honest, if you are that concerned about the game and how you can contribute in a meaningful way towards it, buy VIP membership.

How could you not know multi accounts were illegal?

When I briefly had a second account it was before multi-accounting had become a real problem. As I said, as soon as I found out I had done the wrong thing I got Mike to remedy the situation as soon as possible.

I remember Nathan Takada making a comment about how he is the only manager with two top 10 fighters at the same time. I was blown away by this because he wasn't even VIP...

That's funny, I remember both you and your B account discussing in the same thread, talking about how Austin was going to beat Kinte :P

I often talk to myself

but not online

But to be completely honest, if you are that concerned about the game and how you can contribute in a meaningful way towards it, buy VIP membership.

Hey idiot, I have a VIP account. EPIC FAIL!!!