"Dissolution Fighting Championship (Vegas) - Official Smack Talk Thread".

BlueFalcon

Congrats to all involved last night, including Getstoned who i predicted would lose unless he started to implement Ground n pound against jiu jitsu practitioners. Well, just that happened and I am glad that even if the outcome isn't what I predicted, I did at least highlight how he could win.

Another great card tonight and I am very much looking forward to Lahey/Shreve Jr

• Upvote 3

I can't wait for you LV boys to lose in about a month :winner:

Not likely to happen. At least the LV boys aren't scared to fly somewhere to fight. Maybe if your Russian boys weren't so afraid to leave the motherland they could enjoy all the sinful delights Vegas has to offer, including knockouts and broken limbs in our MMA cages.

• Upvote 1

DFC: Sin City 10 – Lahey vs. Shreve Jr (24 September 2016 – Hayashi’s Lounge, Las Vegas) Preview and Predictions – Written by Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)
Sponsored by “King Of Fists” fight wear, official clothing of DFC – Las Vegas
Bet on this card using “Sin City Bookies” and “Brazilian Bookies”, your instincts could be worth money!

An absolutely TITANIC (in every sense of the word) clash is set for our main event Heavyweight title fight tonight – and the rest of the card ain’t too bad either. I know we have all been waiting for this one and it is the perfect way to cap off the 10th edition of Sin City – the proving ground of great martial artists.

Fight 1
Jim “Shithawk” Lahey 5-0-0 vs Larry “The Butcher” Shreve Jr 7-0-0: 5 Rounds of 5 Minutes for the DFC Heavyweight Championship

If you didn’t invest in a nuclear fallout bunker, now might be the time – as NUKES are going to be dropped in this sensational main event to determine the baddest man in DFC: The heavyweight champion.

Both fighters come in here riding tsunamis of momentum and are both undefeated. Lahey has a monster of a challenge to overcome here, and while I feel he is a great heavyweight fighter – how do I put this, he will be lucky to last a round against Shreve Jr. “The Butcher” might well be the best Heavyweight in the 290k+ category and his record would certainly show that with only one of his 7 KO wins going into the second round. He flipping walked through Artur the Axe, a man who himself KO’d three talented heavyweights in DFC in the first round before being presented with Shreve Jr.

If you couldn’t tell, I think Shreve Jr is going to win…and it will be violent….

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Larry Shreve Jr, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 2
Johnny Jacobi 2-0-0 vs Justin Lichfield 4-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 135lbs

We go from heavyweights to bantamweights now, as the best at 135lbs are set for a contest to move themselves up the rankings and eventually get a crack at Fitzpatrick’s title (easier said than done).

This fight is going to be fought on the ground mostly, and if they try to out grapple each other, I always favour the fighter with more BJJ experience – in this case Jacobi.

Lichfield will have done his homework though, and I see him going for the ol’ ground and pound victory from a mounted position. I think that tactic proved effective against Dustin Gardner (no relation) a BJJ practitioner with similar experience and so he will try the same technique, and get it in round two.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Justin Lichfield, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 3
Bobby Palentine 3-1-0 v Ricky Spanish 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 155lbs

Mr. Spanish? We have a problem.

I’m not talking about a shuttle launch here, unless the shuttle in question in Palentine’s fist and the destination in Spanish’s face – I’m talking about how Spanish must have looked at Palentine’s record, done his homework and then thought “Yeah, I could beat ‘em” and then signed the contract.

Clearly his decision win over a fighter with a 3-4 record instilled him with false confidence, because now he is going to be brought down to earth (Man I really shouldn’t have watched Apollo 13 before writing this) My prediction in Palentine sends Spanish’s head into orbit with a KO victory in round 1 (into orbi- oh god damn!)

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Rampage Smaxsons, Round 2 (TKO/KO)

Fight 4
Deait “Money” Shaw 6-6-0 v Auld “Tentacle Monster” Bawls 2-3-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 265lbs

What a load of Auld Bawls, and he’s facing Deait Shaw. Okay….if Auld Bawls is going to beat ANYONE in DFC, he has to beat Shaw a man with victories over fighters with amounts of losses like 6, 15, and staggeringly – 46! At this point I feel if he can’t get the victory then maybe this sport just aint for him at this level, and the same goes for Shaw.

He does have a better grappling game in my mind though, and although this fight won’t be full of fireworks, I do think that he will be able to score enough hits or dominate the floor enough to get a decision victory.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Auld Bawls, Round 3 (SD/UD)

Fight 5
Max Power 2-1-0 v “Neck Break Orchestra” Joe Reealopubo 3-2-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 145lbs

I look at Joe Reealopubo and wonder what he’s missing. He’s got a scary look, he has a badass nickname…what it could be? Ah yes. Skills. A 3-2 record is decent enough but he hasn’t stopped a single opponent, and has frequently shown himself to be vulnerable against anyone from good to average submission artists. If he doesn’t keep this one in the clinch he will be tapping out rhythm that we hear all too often from this “orchestra” (I’m really too proud of that pun)

I think Max has the Power (two in a row!) to really dominate on the ground here, and I expect his superior jiu-jitsu and wrestling skills will see him through here with a painful submission victory in round 1.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Max Power, Round 1 (SUB)

Fight 6
Christopher “Man Of Steel” Reid 0-3-0 v Ragnar “Odin” Diaz 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 155lbs

This is a tricky one for me to predict, as while I think that from what I have seen, Reid has better skills in the gym, but has shown ABSOLUTLEY NO fight IQ whatsoever, looking as lost as a priest in a whorehouse.

Diaz has been very promising despite his relative youth, and I think that using his superior fighting tactics he will beat Reid to the critical punches, and get a KO victory either in round 1 or 2.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Ragnar Diaz, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 7
Pranav “Pranav” Kumaran 1-2-0 v Jordan “Beast Man” Clarkson 2-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 155lbs

This one is fairly easy to predict in my mind, as I think that Clarkson is just too talented a Muay Thai fighter for Kumaran to handle, and he will be sucked into the clinch early, and beaten down. I think he could hang on ‘til round 2, but then he is going down.

On a separate note, what is with a lot of these fighters being managed by the same guy using their first name as a nickname? Do you have any idea how awkward that is for our ring announcers? Tut tut the nerve of some people….

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W
) Jordan Clarkson, Round 2 (TKO/KO)

Fight 8
Chris “Barath” Barath 2-5-0 v Ethan Charlsworth 0-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 155lbs

WHAT DID I JUST SAY CHRIS! *Sigh* okay, well as it turns out you can basically copy paste my previous prediction to this one as it is a similar story. Barath has shown very little to be a credible threat, so much so that I believe that a fighter with no wins to his name whatsoever has a punters chance at beating him.

Clinch + punches from a tougher opponent = Losing by decision in round 3.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Ethan Charlsworth, Round 3 (SD/UD)

Fight 9
Monday Blues 1-0-0 v Lucas Niguez 1-2-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 135lbs

We all dread Monday’s right? Niguez will be no exception.
Monday Blues might not have had the brutal one punch KO that we all want to see from fighters in a debut, but he rocked his opponent early and didn’t let him get in a second wind of any kind, dominating the fight. Niguez is going to have a rough night if he tries to go toe to toe with blues (if he actually has a choice, I doubt many fighters WANT to get into clinch battles with experts in Muay Thai).

His only hope is to shoot in for the takedown and submit him, but I don’t think he has the initiative or skills to take Blues unawares. I think Blues will get his first highlight reel finish in fine style with a round 1 KO.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Monday Blues, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 10
Ralf Franzen 0-0-0 v Jed Dye 0-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 265lbs

Oh. It’s one of THOSE fights. A 0-0 v 0-0 is always such fun to predict and on paper these two couldn’t be more similar. I guess just based on their camps and what their managers have had to say about them, as well as the height + reach advantage, I’m going to have to go with Franzen, but this is really a coin toss of a fight.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Ralf Franzen, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

The biggest main event in DFC history (literally) tops the 10th edition of Sin City. What else can I say apart from here’s to 10 more exactly like this one, and I hope you will join the rest of Las Vegas, Nevada’s fight fans in watching what will undoubtedly be a huge night of action!

Written by Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)

• Upvote 3

Larry "The Butcher" Shreve Jr (290008)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14549547908012.png

"...and new.." mother fuckers. "...AND NEW..." Did anybody doubt it? Rollo Lothbrok over in DFC-St. Petersburg has built his record off of fighting sub-standard opponents. Time to put your big boy panties on and step up to a real opponent, bitch!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20160830110427eNKFSsK.png

• Upvote 2

"Hyena" Jack Mason: I am 5-0 against other middleweights now, I have only lost to heavyweights, trucks, and the grand canyon at one point....given that I am no longer competing against people 80 pounds heavier, large industrial vehicles and national landmarks - surely either Mr. Laston or Mr. Tottingham wouldn't mind if I "introduce myself" after their fight on October 8th? I would sure LOVE to meet them.....

• Upvote 1

http://i64.tinypic.com/29uyhqw.jpg

"The Hurricane" Clinton Hall (3-1):

"Since LKO is nearly done, I asked for a release and fortunately joined DFC. Can't wait to do something here because I think I missed a chance being a top contender in LKO. If LKO wasn't going inactive all of a sudden I think I would've been a champ there. Whatever, I'm focusing on DFC now. Ain't nobody is stopping the hurricane storming through the whole BW division. You can't hide from me, so don't fucking duck me, I warn you. "

• Upvote 1

http://i64.tinypic.com/2dgp9w0.jpg

"Reborn Hero" Soloman Palmer (2-1)

"No preview for my fight? Then I make a prediction now: Soloman Palmer will beat Otis Toole IV down so bad that his name changes to Otis Toole X."

"Hyena" Jack Mason: Hahahaha, I'm still waiting for opponents to sign their contracts. I can only assume they see my name and freak out, move to another continent under a false name and a sex change. Nobody wants to deal with me, because nobody knows how to beat me. boxers, kickboxers, wrestlers, those freaks who try and spoon you on the ground and have an obsession with coloured belts...they get one sniff of the Hyena and they straight shit themselves.

People want to fight the champ, people don't wanna fight me, just goes to show I am in a division full of pussies. If you guys have a problem with that - you know where we can settle disputes....

DFC: Sin City 11 – Gary Jackson vs. Artur The Axe (01 October 2016 – Hayashi’s Lounge, Las Vegas) Preview and Predictions – Written by Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)
Sponsored by “King Of Fists” fight wear, official clothing of DFC – Las Vegas
Bet on this card using “Sin City Bookies” your instincts could be worth money!

Its October ladies and gentlemen! The month most associated with German beer drinking and age old celebrations of dressings up as monsters and scaring people in exchange for candy. I’ll admit, I was never one to get into the Halloween spirit – but with a main event with two absolute heavyweight monsters (pun alert) I might just give it a try. We also have Fitzpatrick defending against Matty Pritchard, who after months of whining and waiting for his shot will finally put his money where his mouth is as he challenges for the bantamweight title.

Fight 1
Gary Jackson 3-0-0 vs Artur The Axe 7-3-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 265lbs

Okay, so after his quick defeat to Shreve Jr, normal people would say “he’s done, nobody who gets knocked out in like a minute the way he did can recover”. Well, you can never discount the power or fight of a man who won his first fight in 5 seconds.

Jackson on the other hand has seen his wrestling ability and ferocious KO power in his ground and pound get him a 3-0 record as of right now. If he wants to win this he has to time his takedowns to perfection, otherwise if he gases out or gets in the clinch he will be grinded down into a fine powder and snorted through the nostrils by The Axe.

I could way off, but I think The Axe will make a return to form here.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Artur The Axe, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 2
Erik Larson 3-2-0 vs Cody “THE Smashing Machine” Garbrandt 4-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 185lbs

The middleweight division in DFC has been a bit shallow in all honest for a while, with the faces of DFC and the real killers being in other divisions. The addition of Garbrandt changes this somewhat, as a former champion in WEC and a very accomplished boxer with BJJ experience, he adds some dynamism to the division.

He faces Erik Larson in his debut, who is an out and out grappler with some mean submission moves – but who has come unstuck recently, losing in under 30 and 40 seconds respectively to his last two opponents.

While I respect Larson’s ability on the ground, I don’t think his striking defence is capable enough to hold back Garbrandt from laying down a beating.

Round 1 KO.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Cody Garbrandt, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 3
Liam Fitzpatrick 5-2-0 v Matty The Viper “Mvp” Pritchard 3-0-0: 5 Rounds of 5 Minutes for the DFC Bantamweight Championship

It’s put-up or shut-up time for Pritchard, having complained for some time about getting a title shot against Fitzpatrick – he now has his chance, and if he fails this ultimate test it could scupper his career.

Both fighters are very talented Jiu Jitsu fighters, with Fitzpatrick coupling with his wrestling game to have the better ground game overall. Fitzpatrick’s claim to being the undisputed champion could also be brought into a little bit of doubt, as he was awarded a title fight in DFC in his first might, with a 2-2 record. Since then however, he has done a great job in handling his opponents, even great strikers to defend his title and I expect him to do the same.

At some point in round 2, I think he will get the key submission applied and win via submission.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Liam Fitzpatrick, Round 1 (SUB)

Fight 4
Kareem “Oliver” Diaz 4-0-0 v “The Korean Hobo” Chi Gu 3-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 205lbs

Ah! A fight with Chi Gu competing is always bound to be ….colourful experience. Whether celebrating post his fights by diving in dumpsters or just flat out being able to make weight – characters like Gu attract new fans and eyeballs to the sport, while ferocious competitors like Kareem Diaz keep them there.

Gu has an incredible advantage on the ground, but if he tried to fight Diaz standing up he would be on the receiving end of quite the beat down – As Diaz has left all four of his previous opponents KO’d stiff, not moving.

While I enjoy his antics, if Gu loses to a fighter like Collins, who on paper he should absolutely beat – he has ZERO chance of walking away from this one without a concussion.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Kareem Diaz, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 5
Maxi “Jo Jo” Smut 6-0-0 v Billbro “Goblin Slayer” Baggins 3-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 135lbs

Low-key maybe, but this has all the makings of a potential match of the night. Both fighters are extremely talented on the ground in their chosen disciplines, with Smut having insane ground and pound and “Goblin Slayer” being great at Jiu Jitsu.

Given the fact Smut is a white belt and the fact that he’ll be trying to keep the fight in positions that Baggins, a brown belt could easily take advantage of – I’d usually say that this one was destined to end with Smut being lured into a submission and tapping out.

But based on his record, he has faced quite a few competent wrestlers and BJJ practitioners, and so therefore I trust that he will be able to control the ground game and send his opponent out in a flurry of blows.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Maxi Smut, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 6
Dion “Brain Freeze” Jones 3-0-0 v “The Beast” Marat Magomedov 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 155lbs

A short prediction here – as while I respect Jones ability, especially his crazy submission defence that denied Hari Kunwar on two separate occasions, he is a three round fighter who takes a while to get going and avoids unnecessary risks. He won’t have that luxury against Magomedov who will drag him to the floor and start pummelling until whatever is beneath him stops moving. I think Jones only just makes it to round two, but falls shortly after.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Marat Magomedov, Round 2 (TKO/KO)

Fight 7
Doug “Great White” Stanhope 2-1-0 v Kyrie “Ankle Drew” Irving 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 170lbs

This is a fight that is destined to be fought and won in the clinch for Stanhope. He has beaten some stiff competition but I think that in this stage of the game Irving is the better MT style fighter, and would be able to – for the most part – counter a lot of what Stanhope attempts, and wear him down.

BUT, I think that Stanhopes wrestling game would allow him to get the advantage in the clinch. If Stanhope can keep the fight there, I see him using dirty boxing and some short knee strikes to open up an opportunity and get himself a knockout blow in round two.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Doug Stanhope, Round 2 (TKO/KO)

Fight 8
Loki Destroyer 1-0-0 v Kaos “SS” Coming 6-2-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 145lbs

Despite the fact that Coming lost to Anthony Clark (who is at this stage my arch nemesis) this is a fight that he is almost certain to win.

While destroyer did win his first fight, it was against a man with a 1-5 record. Nothing to brag about. Comings 6-2 record and naturally deadly submission skills are reasons that he is so heavily favoured here, and I can’t see him losing.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Kaos Coming, Round 1 (SUB)

Fight 9
Tsoko "The Assassin" Chikatchawan 1-1-0 v Tafari “The Conquering Lion” Mengestu 1-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 205lbs

This is an interesting fight as both fighters records would suggest that they were barely competent fighters at this level, but in terms of natural ability, they are some of the brightest prospects in DFC. Both are fierce strikers and veterans of their respective disciplines at a young age.

This is a close one to call and could go either way but my gut tells me that Tsoko will use his slight physical reach and height advantage to could effect, and deal will Tafari’s strikes well, before getting a KO in a hard fought victory in the clinch.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Tsoko Chikatchawan, Round 3 (TKO/KO)

Fight 10
Robin “Red Killer” Van Bastet 0-1-0 v Bikram “Sano Krakena” Kunwar 0-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 135lbs

Both bantamweight fighters will want to generate some kind of momentum by moving past their debut losses and getting in the win column as soon as possible, as our opening contest will show. Both fighters are primarily Jiu Jitsu practitioners and so in my mind this fight ends in a submission, but for who? Kunwar (The younger brother of DFC Lightweight Hari Kunwar) for sure has the edge when it comes to the wrestling aspect, but his lighter frame may make it difficult for him to get the significant leverage he needs.

Bastet has the slight edge in stand up ability, but I don’t see either fighter going to that well in order to pull out the win. This is another tough fight to predict, but I think that B.Kunwar’s slight edge on the ground will get him the victory in round 1 or 2.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Ralf Franzen, Round 1 (SUB)

There we go! Our first event for October is nearly underway and I for one cannot wait to see what DFC has up its sleeves, especially for the rumoured Night of Champions card near the end of this month! Until next time, I’ve been Gabe T.S. Gardner and I’ll see you soon.

Written by Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)

• Upvote 3

Tsoko Chikatchawan wants me to pass on to Cecil Peabody, Stewart Dunkirk and Frank Dennis that he will be "judging" them in some dark alley when they least expect it.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=832877

Outrageous!! Mengetsu must have some solid Vegas mafia connections.

"The Assasin" needs to get back in that cage ASAP to expunge that foul experience.

• Upvote 2

KT2: The Journey

Preview & Predictions By Eddie Bravo

We are live!!!DFC returns with more KT action tonight at The Palmtree Arena in the fight capital of the world, Las Vegas. My name is Eddie Bravo and Ill be previewing our 10 action packed KT bouts that Jay Lawrence has graced us with. I was so excited for this one I couldn’t let this event go without a preview so lets get on with it. Brought to you by King of Fists, DFC presents KT2: The Journey.

Our opener of the night brings us two fighters making their DFC debut. Ricardo “Gran Piaco” Pfeifer meets “The Saint” Peel Steel Is Gay to get the card started. These guys are not only both a bit small for the weight class with “The Saint” walking around at 163 pounds and Ricardo at 180 pounds, but they also have skillsets more fit for MMA rather than KT. The blue belt, Pfreifer may have a more complete striking game as he possesses competent Boxing and Muay Thai, but Peel Steel has been in the game a bit longer and already has a win under his belt. Interesting to see how The Saint does under new management, but I think he should be just fine. If I were a betting man, I’d lean more towards Peel Steel Is Gay with the 2nd round TKO.

Next up we’ve got Remo “Roller” Alma taking on Ryan Wesley. Remo is a prodigy of the sweet science. If he continues to stick with KT and put all his focus on Boxing, he could be a lethal weapon in this division. Weighing in at 229 pounds expect “Roller” adopt a stick and move gameplan against the heavier Ryan Wesley. And speaking of prodigy, enter Ryan Wesley weighing in at 280 pounds, standing 200cm tall. You can make the argument that Wesley is just as good as a striker, if not better than Alma. But, of course, such accusations cannot be made until these two have stepped into the KT cage and that’s why I’m so excited for this one. Classic Boxer vs. Kickboxer matchup. Both with wonderful stats, this should be the fight to set the tone for the rest of the night. My guess is as good as anyone’s, but I’m going with Ryan Wesley with a split decision win over Alma.

The third installment on the card features Somchai Paowsong vs Nathan Lightbourne. Paowsong, one of the first 350 fighters of the 300k generation is training out of Las Vegas but coming out of Thailand. That probably explains why Somchai is so damn good at striking. Sporting wonderful Muay Thai, he’s going to need to use all his weapons against the man sporting wonderful Boxing, Nathan Lightbourne. Coming out of the Bahamas Nathan should look to come out countering Somchai’s kicks and clinch attempts with heavy straights and hook checks. How this fight will go is anyone’s guess but if I had a gun to my head I’d probably go with the unorthodox Somchai Paowsong via decision.

Four fights into the card we see Warrawut Kiatjamroom take Aibek Usenov. This should be a fun one. “Thaikoon”, also coming out of Thailand is a respected striker in his own right. Very well rounded out striking game for a young man but the man he’s going up against is a beast in his own right. Aibek Usenov comes into this fight with wonderful Muay Thai and pro experience. Managed by the great Gabe T.S. Gardner, Usenov may already have a loss under his belt, but that loss came on the ground at the hands of dangerous grappler Levi Farkas. No shame in that one, and he wont have to worry about the takedown in this scrap. I expect Aibek Usenov to handle Warrawut fairly easy but this is MMA and you never really know. But my pick stands at Usenov via 1st round TKO(cuts).

And we reach the mid-point of the card, with Alfonzo “The Man” Han vs. Talaenyx “The Goliath” Melnareon. Now is it me or are these names getting way too damn hard to pronounce let alone type. I swear some of these guys are messing with me but all is fair in love and war, I guess. Speaking of war, expect no less from these two hungry prospects of KT. Alfonzo “The Man” steps into the KT cage with remarkable Muay Thai. Born in Djibouti, this man is a natural born killer. I’ve kept a close eye on his Instagram and all I see is him wrestling with tigers and kicking bamboo trees for hours at a time. This man is probably coming in hot as soon as that first bell rings, let’s see how Melnareon reacts. “The Goliath” is one of our bigger fighters on the roster walking around at 300lbs, standing at 225cm tall. The man truly lives up to his name. Managed by the man who has put all of this together, he has the advantage of having one of LOD’s top 3 manager behind him. Coming in with wonderful Boxing, the Oregon native should look to counter Hans aggression and catch him with those bombs for hands. I cant even predict who is gonna come out on top of this one, just know THERE WILL BE BLOOD!!!!

The sixth fight welcomes to newcomers to the game, Miguel “Mike” Jordan vs George “The Doctor” Peterson. This fight will show us if Jordan is truly “Like Mike” in the world of KT. I personally cant see it as his KT skills are subpar as opposed to his wrestling game but I said this in that last preview about both wrestlers and they both won, so I’ll shut the fuck up for now. Jordan weighing in at 265 pounds is probably going to look to throw bombs from the distance and attempt to rule the clinch. How successful will he be is to be determined. Opposed to Miguel, we have George Peterson who favors the Muay Thai aspect of KT. As the heavier man, walking around at 295 pounds, the UK native will probably be comfortable in the clinch if his clinchwork game is correct. If he stays careful and methodical, I think he should be able to wear Jordan down with his size and superior striking. I’ve got Peterson via 1st round KO.

Durka “Jihad” Durka and Bear Hermanson battle it out in our 7th fight of the evening. Durka, managed by Katarina has wonderful Muay Thai has made the move out to Montreal for his first camp. But that move is an expensive one and may have turned out to backfire on him as his former gym has booted him and sent him to his fight without any money. Will all the backround drama have an affect on Durka’s mindset and energy heading into this fight? Time will tell. Standing across from him will be Bear Hermanson, with slightly less standup skills than Durka, I think Bear feels as though he has something to prove in this one. Hermanson has made the weighins looking fresh as a daisy while his opponent looked slightly drawn out. Interesting to see which way this will go with all the intangibles on the table. My guess is Durka coming in like a bat out of hell and going for the first round TKO and actually getting it.

As we approach the tail end of the card, we watch Juraj Janosik bring in his wonderful Boxing skills to battle Tyraemar “The Inferno Man” Bardaerys’ wonderful Muay Thai skills. The 280 pound slugger will no doubt be coming into this one looking to take Tyraemar’s head clean off with those steel hands. I ran into Juraj at the Sin City 11 event and he lifted me off the floor with a handshake. My left hand still hurts as I type this, wincing in pain. Last thing I want is for those same cement filled lunchboxes lunging towards any part of my body. If “The Inferno Man” wants to avoid an early publicized nap, he should be feeling the same way. Another prospect under the management of DFCs own Jay Lawrence should be able to withstand the punishment a little more than the average Joe as he is a pretty big boy himself. In fact, he’s larger than his opponent but still if he can avoid getting hit at all he should, and use those 8 limbs of Muay Thai to do it, if not im afraid it’ll be for the worse. My gut tells me Janosik via 1st round KO.

Now we reach our Co-Main Event of the evening. Catfish “OG” Smith vs Eric “Butter Bean” Esch. The Canadian, OG Smith brings his Muay Thai expertise to the table against the lethal boxer in Esch. Catfish has also had monetary complications with his camp and has been bled dry and sent to his fight without a proper camp backing him. The fight gam is a dirty, dirty business ladies and gentlemen. But fortunately for Smith, he spent his whole camp in Vegas so that rids him of any traveling heartache. OG smith should look at this as a blessing in disguise. He doesn’t have to do anything but rest until his fight and come in fresh as he appeared at the weigh-ins. His opponent, not so much. Eric Esch came in looking a bit depleted. Maybe its too much weight, or making the trip out to Vegas all the way from New York City but he’s gonna want to stay away from the clinch and avoid body shots for dear life. Butter Bean is going to have to come out guns blazing for this one and catch OG with a good one cause the longer this fight plays out, the worse it gets for the Michigan native. I got Catfish Smith via 3rd round TKO.

AND NOW!!! The main event of the night is here, KT Steel Peel faces Arridano “The Frenchmen” Gaillard in the race to KT gold. While this main event is not for the title, both these men will have more eyes on them than ever before and as they are both making their debut, expect some fireworks. KT Steel Penn is massively outsized here, but his rounded out striking game should work in his favor. I see Steel having somewhat of a decent speed advantage in this fight. Also add in the danger of the unknown, Gaillard along with the rest of us, doesn’t really know what kind of attacks Steel Penn is going to come out with. Proficient in both Boxing and MT he could go about this fight a number of ways but since he is the smaller guy, I don’t see him really favoring the clinch. I think he would be fitted best attacking from the distance, chopping at the tree with leg kicks and body kicks until he can deliver the final blow. “The Frenchman” im sure has other plans. Managed by Barry DeJay the 200lb Canadian is going to utilize his MT attacks as well. Probably with a lot more force behind his attacks, I think the clinch game favors Arridano the best and if the fight mainly takes place there, which isn’t too crazy in KT, I expect the Frenchman to grind out a unanimous decision.

Well that’s it for me. Sorry for the late preview guys I have been busier than I ever thought I would be on top of getting sick. I’ll still try to push these out previews out for every KT card though. Don’t be afraid to use Buzz guys, bringing more eyes to the card never hurts. Keep hashtagging and bring it tonight, guys. Y’all represent DFC LV show them what we’re all about guys. This has been Eddie Bravo, thanks for reading!! #10P4L #GonzalezBrothers #DFCKT

• Upvote 2